IMG_1657 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1658 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1656 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1655 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1858 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_1851 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider murphdom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Hyperball91:

Well, I don't have any pins to restore any more, but I am working on a waterslide plastics restoration project for murphdom for his Beat-The-Clock. Does that count to get into this club? lol. Here's a collage of how they look. They're very reduced in size on here of course. There's one plastic missing from the set as I'm still working on that one...
~ Mal ~[quoted image]

They look great so far Mal. If anyone has any advice on how to make these it would be greatly appreciated. I know there is at least one thread on how to make them. The ones I have now aren’t terrible but there’s always room for improvement.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Inter-flip dragon. And I suck at fixing em’s I have hrs into it already.[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m intrigued because I’ve never played an EM with a sound card before and the art is kind of neat. It’s a fixed 3 ball game. Find any hacks to make it 5?

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Games that need to come out of storage and be set up and obviously worked on are GTB Dimension, BLY SkyRocket, InterFlip Dragon and a MataHari EM.

Nice line up

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Soon to start restoring an Apollo Moon Shot rifle game.
Going to be a long process probably.
-Hans

How’s the cabinet? I think it would be somewhat of a tough fix because it’s textured. Does it have the gun?

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

She's a beauty and a great player. I'm reasonably happy how it turned out considering what I started with. Still a few minor details including two spots where there were posts that weren't supposed to be there, then I'll be tearing into the one next to

nice work. How do you do your paint? There seems to be so many different ways to approach something like this.

#58 4 years ago

Painting the two people must have been really hard. Did you mask anything when you painted? You have some steady hands and a lot of patience. Want to come over and do one of mine?

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

A few more pics from this project-[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How’s the backglass?

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Too late to turn back now.
[quoted image]

I’m looking forward to seeing the end result. Mine is dark wood in the areas you sanded. How was yours?I’m wondering if it’s what they used for clear? Or if someone stained it because it’s done really evenly. I’ve found a few other hacks so it’s not out of the realm of possibilities. Under the aprons it looks the same as yours.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

I attributed the clear wood areas darkening to moisture exposure. I've changed that opinion due to a few games that have come through my hands in the last couple of years. Now I attribute that darkening to excessive smoke exposure. Which makes sense for many of the games we encounter.

I would venture to guess smoke and varying light exposure caused a reaction with the wood and with whatever they used to clear it. If it was moisture I think there would be a lot of planking and there isn’t. I threw the idea of stain out there because when I say it’s dark it’s like a cherry stain/mahogany color. It doesn’t look gross or anything it’s just different from anything else I’ve seen. For now I’m just going to clean it up. Later on down the road I will probably use Odins approach.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Team One or Dimension, maybe SkyRocket.Or maybe even my Bally Wild Wheels

I vote Dimension. Although I have never played that Bally and it looks like a lot of fun.

#120 4 years ago

So which one are you going to set up?

#124 4 years ago

I almost lost it today. I recently acquired a Gottlieb Drop-a-Card that’s in pretty nice shape. I went to shop it out today and upon quick visual inspection it looked pretty clean on the inside. It didn’t have the expected dirt and it appeared like someone had taken some care with it. Upon further closer examination I found that the previous owner had oiled almost every single switch and every other moving mechanism for that matter quite methodically. The oil wasn’t noticeable for the most part unless you widened the switches manually or found the occasional drip. I just took lots of deep breaths and spent forever removing oil. It’s shocking that thing worked 95% when I got it.

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from pintoys:

Sadly that oil will probably be intermittently leaching out from the fiberboard spacers on the affected switches...for years to come....I had a game like that once, I had to sell it, because the oil would cause intermittent issues constantly.....

I hope not. Whoever did it was meticulous enough to put it just on the contact points of the switches. The stacks seem nice and clean and dry. They also oiled some of the coils and other mechs throughout so I had a great time.

1 month later
#195 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Shopping out my 4 Million BC. I've only waited a little less then two years so thats not so compared to other games sitting here.
John

I just shopped out mine recently. It’s my 10 year old sons favorite machine to play and he destroys me on it. He’s got some pinball skills

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from Peruman:

Finally got the Little Chief cabinet rebuilt and the head back on so I can start working on getting the game to play again. On the first try, the scoring motor is turning, unfortunately other than a few bulbs on the playfield GI, not much else is alive. I have a schematic and a voltmeter, let the fun begin!
Leg bolt plates are on their way - the saw horse is going to have to suffice for now.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Was it just the back that was shot?

1 week later
#282 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

The art on that is something else. I saw it this morning and was blown away. As luck would have it, as of this afternoon, it looks like I'll be adding one to my collection. Nice to hear it's a good player too.

I’m in the process of working on one as well but got sidetracked with another project. It’s a keeper for sure. They seem to be hard to come by despite the production numbers.

#289 4 years ago

Nice work

#312 4 years ago
Quoted from Peruman:

Started work on this machine last night, this is the second Gottlieb machine I've worked on. So far there is no +25V coming out of the transformer so not getting very far but I have some things to try out recommended from the EM Tech post I started on the issue.[quoted image]

Want a second? My family is bored with it.

#316 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

Interesting. Soccer is one of my favorites. I took it to a tournament and got too many offers to keep it but I wish I still had it.

It’s in excellent shape

#335 4 years ago

My wife really wants something space themed. She really likes Skylab/Spacelab. How about you bring that to my house instead of your friends

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Latest Project, 1970 Gottlieb Baseball. Just starting to take it apart for cosmetic work after getting all electrical working, which was a challenge. Notice anything wrong with this picture though?[quoted image]

Was this the one with the giant hole in the bottom?

#357 4 years ago
Quoted from ibis:

Bally Hi-Deal but in the wings is a Gottlieb Mini-Pool that needs a lot of work!

This is not mine and I don’t know how bad your mini pools playfield is but check this out:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/88659

1 week later
#372 4 years ago

My kids love our 4MBC. I have mine set really steep. I feel your pain with the workshop. I have the same problem every time. I should really know better by now.

2 weeks later
#450 4 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Starting in on a Gottlieb Strange World and Williams 1962 World Series.

Since you are nearby just drop those on over when they are done

3 months later
#958 3 years ago

Not a pin...but this should be fun to clean up and get going.

E77A6137-BAFD-4ECA-A15D-1EBA502F34D9 (resized).jpegE77A6137-BAFD-4ECA-A15D-1EBA502F34D9 (resized).jpeg
#967 3 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Yeah, agreed...
What most folks don't know is that United pins had an in-ball bonus feature, avant-garde for mid to late 40s! These games were also geared to gambling, with a payoff button underneath the cabinet to set credit unit back to 0.
Someone wrote in pencil some high scores, date and the number of free games won underneath the cabinet... 55 games on 5/13/53! 43 games on 3/13/55! This game had quite the run - at least 8 years on site at a bowling alley in Dayton Ohio... not too shabby.

How’s the backglass?

#979 3 years ago

Nice work

4 weeks later
#1054 3 years ago

So I picked this Solar City up which should clean up nice. The rest of the cabinet is nice except for a few scuffs on the front. Someone painted the face trim of the head black. I’m debating whether to leave it or try and fix it. Thoughts?

FDE0F7B0-C77D-4242-B97D-3A0EE6B5B037 (resized).jpegFDE0F7B0-C77D-4242-B97D-3A0EE6B5B037 (resized).jpegE956C209-3D91-4AAF-A60B-F14D2B5AE170 (resized).jpegE956C209-3D91-4AAF-A60B-F14D2B5AE170 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1093 3 years ago
Quoted from the9gman:

my question is why? right now I'm working on a solar city that was attacked by the dreaded grease monkey. So far I have to fix the game add unit , the player unit and the bonus unit ......all attacked by an idiot grease monkey. Now i'm onto the drop targets and they are just as bad. I have just started in this hobby in January and the two cardinal sins I've learned from you guys is .....Absolutely no contact cleaner and no grease with the exception of only parts recommended by the mfg with a certain type of grease. This is my third EM and I had this problem with a SS unit. The SS unit was owned for 20 years by an auto mechanic, I don't know where this unit came from but you can see what happens when people that don't have any idea how to fix them try to fix them with grease
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I feel your pain. I had one where someone oiled every switch and then put grease on almost everything else.

#1103 3 years ago
Quoted from Hyperball91:

I want to say a huge thank you to murphdom as I just got a box of nice new parts this morning from the states. Took 24 days.
I have a shiny new 5 inch bell for my Lady Luck now, yay. As well as flipper buttons and a new tilt bob. I'll get them installed soon.
Many thanks for the parts Chris.
Cheers, Mal
[quoted image]

24 days? No wonder USPS was so cheap compared to everyone else. They were only about 14+ days off in their estimated time line.

#1131 3 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

This is kind of a heavy project.......
[quoted image]

What is it?lol

1 week later
#1167 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

This little stinker (mildew mostly) is ready for a waxing! davidlee has been helping me with fitting some Backglass artwork which is coming along nicely!
[quoted image]

Why did you leave the old flipper rubber on...and all the dirt?

#1173 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

It hasn’t been cleaned yet. Just stripped it down last night and got playfield parts cleaned. Playfield is tonight.

Quoted from EJS:

This little stinker (mildew mostly) is ready for a waxing! davidlee has been helping me with fitting some Backglass artwork which is coming along nicely!
[quoted image]

Oh ok. Because when you said it was ready for wax I got scared.

1 week later
#1195 3 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

The Gay 90's total repaint begins...inserts epoxied. I reused the orange ones the others are new. Next step after it dries is sand down and spray Createx 2050.
I got the black layer printed by a screen printing company on a 24" wide transparent film, it looks great. That will help me line up all my colours.
I'll be following https://creatextech.com/pdf/app-guides/Createx-Colors_Hard-Surface-Application-Guide.pdf
Going to try to get by with my Silhouette Cameo cutter...don't really want to spring for a 24" cutter and paint mask unless I have to.
[quoted image]

You should start a thread on this

3 months later
#1425 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I’ll keep an eye out for one for you.

I will do the same.

4 weeks later
#1488 3 years ago

Mark at Mark’s Basement arcade does a review on it here:

#1493 3 years ago

So I picked these guys up. I figured I would make the best of two and maybe even try my hand at my first playfield repaint on one of them since I have very little invested into them with the help of another Pinsider.The mouse house appears unscathed on the inside of the cab other than the coin chute adjustment wire. The head shows some rust on the inside of the head so that’s where most of the work will be. The other game works about 90% as it sits. One backglass is very poorly touched up and the other one is decent.

4125D47E-3942-455A-920B-D1CC827293A2 (resized).jpeg4125D47E-3942-455A-920B-D1CC827293A2 (resized).jpeg51EBB272-1688-4C84-9672-ACBEB699DEC6 (resized).jpeg51EBB272-1688-4C84-9672-ACBEB699DEC6 (resized).jpeg9EED9D2F-9AC0-4F1A-8FEE-20037102C0C2 (resized).jpeg9EED9D2F-9AC0-4F1A-8FEE-20037102C0C2 (resized).jpegF884841E-B87B-4720-9DA1-0F6F19F456E2 (resized).jpegF884841E-B87B-4720-9DA1-0F6F19F456E2 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1512 3 years ago

Awe man I have my work cut out for me on this player unit. Ultrasonic cleaner here I come.

BD16198E-1EEB-452A-8BAF-9128EE0FC224 (resized).jpegBD16198E-1EEB-452A-8BAF-9128EE0FC224 (resized).jpeg
#1514 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

And Evaporust.

Yup. Evaporust actually works well in the ultrasonic too. Evaporust run first followed by degreaser/water run.

3 weeks later
#1614 3 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

I need some help getting a Pro Pool up and running. It was working fine until I took it apart so I could get it out of the room and have carpet installed. When I put it back together, it was no longer starting a game. I made two mistakes when tearing it down and reassembling it, which were leaving a bag that had a couple of solenoids in it inside the cabinet, which fell towards the back of the cabinet when I lifted it, and I tried turning the game on with the plugs in the backbox improperly seated.
A friend of mine has had me check a few things, but unfortunately we haven't been able to diagnose the source of the issue yet. Here's what I know:
Start button doesn't do anything, it doesn't even activate any relays.
There is a broken wire near the start button and I don't know where it's supposed to go, if it's supposed to go anywhere at all. The game has been modified for free play and I don't know if the brown wire is disconnected as part of that mod.
The score motor doesn't spin itself when I manually spin it.
The backbox lights up, the playfield does not, but the tilt light is on so I assume that's why the playfield lights aren't on.
All the fuses that I could find are good (Three near the front of the cabinet, one in the back, and four near the middle of the playfield).
I've been told to look for switches that may have been bent by the bag with solenoids, but nothing stands out to me as noticeably wrong and I have no idea what switches should be normally closed and normally opened.
So that's where I am at the moment. I'm completely new to EMs, but hopefully I can learn about them quickly.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You might want to start a new thread on this.

#1641 3 years ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

what size lock cam for the front door of 1972 Fan--Tas-Tic and what size for the rear back box plate?
Thanks. Picked up a really nice one that will look good next to the A-Go-Go as they both have the roulette wheel spinner.

Let me know if you need any parts. I have a parts game. I’ll have to check on the cams when I get home from work. I forget with that game. Don’t hold your breath though. It’s a 16 hour shift.

#1648 3 years ago
Quoted from dgAmpGuy:

I’m missing those reels on my neptune.
Mine has come a long way from how it looked when I got it. Wedge head woodwork repair, playfield swap, backglass swap, new shooter bezel, etc.
Congrats bicyclenut !
Dave

I remember someone picking up a game with the Neptune reels in it a short time back. I wish I remember what game it was and when so you could hunt them down for them and trade. I just remember it looking really odd.

#1652 3 years ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

what size lock cam for the front door of 1972 Fan--Tas-Tic and what size for the rear back box plate?
Thanks. Picked up a really nice one that will look good next to the A-Go-Go as they both have the roulette wheel spinner.

1.5” on both

#1654 3 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Finally finished my Miss-O and now I have moved this beauty into the workshop. She is going to get a total makeover.
Fortunately its all cosmetic, its actually working and I can play a game on it. Its a tough game, look at the size of those out-drains!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My in-laws have an elderly neighbor with an Ice-review just rotting away in their barn. I’m determined to get that thing from them before it’s destroyed. It appears to be in good shape from the pictures but they absolutely refuse to let it go. I’m just going to have to relentlessly nag them when I visit until they cave. Hoarders...ugh

4 months later
#1925 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Just finished cleaning this up. Still a long ways to go but it works and plays.
[quoted image]

Interesting paint job

#1928 2 years ago
Quoted from Peruman:

Working on this Solar City. All the mechs under the playfield have been taken apart and cleaned. The bonus counter does need some adjusting as it only counts to 9, not 15 but that will come once the game is put back together.
Top of the playfield was stripped down and cleaned. I still need to remove the apron and clean inside there.
[quoted image]

Recently sold mine after putting a lot of work into it. I suggest the light mod behind the small target bank which requires no drilling of holes for the lamp in the playfield. I can send you some pictures of the setup if you need them. It makes it look nicer.

#1934 2 years ago

So it begins…

553EE4CE-BF21-49BD-A95E-D6E40492EC80 (resized).jpeg553EE4CE-BF21-49BD-A95E-D6E40492EC80 (resized).jpeg81B82904-7291-449B-9AFC-B96985C7DB6B (resized).jpeg81B82904-7291-449B-9AFC-B96985C7DB6B (resized).jpegD8441255-B5FE-4BFA-98C9-E3586BDDF029 (resized).jpegD8441255-B5FE-4BFA-98C9-E3586BDDF029 (resized).jpegF9628968-D7FD-45A9-8378-EE9DB454BABD (resized).jpegF9628968-D7FD-45A9-8378-EE9DB454BABD (resized).jpeg
5 months later
#2220 2 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Finishing up on my Strange World, and awaiting a playfield from Wade.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. Need a new Gottlieb sticker for that door to finish it off? I should have one laying around

#2222 2 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Does that original peel off?

It should come off with goo gone or something similar.

9 months later
#2941 1 year ago
Quoted from Mopar:

I have a Flipper set up, but because it being the 1st AAB game it does have a little
historic value so I agreed to go through a Friend's Ball Bowler (many hours) for another.
Not doing too much to her, just straightening out a couple bells' wiring.
I took a minute and cleaned up a bit of the Gottlieb Logo and the '10 points When Lit'
to the left of it, and looks like the playfield will clean up decently. The plastics are good
and I have a new Shay bg still in the box for her..
Thinking about trading this one and I have an eye out for a New York, Williams Jig Saw,
C.C. Thing, and I'm sure there's others I'd have interest in..
Flipper still has a pretty good value rating on Boston Pinball..
[quoted image][quoted image]

Here you go Tim:
maine.craigslist.org link

#2943 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

So, "Flipper" and $1500 cash?

They don’t come up often. Sometimes it’s not worth haggling over. It might be worth spending some money if you had to if they didn’t want to trade. That’s one of the few CC I would like to have. They made a few decent woodrails. I don’t know what happened when they changed over to score reels and metal rails in the 70’s…

#2945 1 year ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Hey, Thanks Chris! It's a little ways away, but I sent
them a message.
Just a couple weeks ago aahgo sent me a craigs list link
for an AAB C.C. Hula Hula listing in Chicago, and a trading deal
has been made with no shipping involved, so I'll see what happens.

New Hampshire isn’t far for you. plus some shippers are only couple hundred $ nationwide . You can do it!

3 months later
#3218 1 year ago

EMsInKC That ice revue looks great. I’m waiting on my extra Ice Revue playfield to come back from being restored. I’m really looking forward to it. I got the game from my wife’s 93 y/o neighbor she knew really well growing up. I hope I can show her the end result.

#3219 1 year ago
Quoted from tscottn:

Decided to start restoring my Target Pool yesterday. Its been sitting in my garage waiting for over a year. Its been about 8 months since I got the Playfield back from being restored and cleared. I figured it was time. This will be a big job since I am going to try and do the stencils myself, as well as all new Pool Ball Stand Up targets need to be painted and installed as well as all the hex bullseye targets need to be replaced. Unfortunately PBR does not have the pool ball stand ups since his hotstamp guy passed, so I have to make them myself. Ugh. Also I'm going to try and make new plastics since the old ones are super yellowed.
I also picked up a repo back-glass from Ron Webb. here are some pics of the beginning.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh another game I’m looking forward to getting to with a great back story. I found a body in NJ and was able to find a head in MI. Delivery of the head to the Allentown show in May! One of my favorites.

1 month later
#3260 1 year ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Gottlieb Ice Revue head and Stern Quicksilver head repaints[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job. Homemade or pimp stencils?

3 months later
#3539 10 months ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Were you indicating that repro replacement playfields for C37 are available ? If so, how good are they, what's the price, are they pre-cleared, and a link please. (I had been under the impression that replacement playfields for EMs were pretty much nonexistent ? Insufficient demand to justify their manufacture.)

There is a repro PF for sale in the seeking PF’s thread if anyone is interested.

1 month later
#3723 8 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I want to start tackling my GTB Derby Day soon. Can anyone tell me if the legs were chrome, cream colored or red out of the factory?
I’m seeing conflicting information, and there are various colors in the photos on IPDB for this game. I was given 31 inch legs with the game, but they are black. And I’m assuming that’s the right size.
[quoted image][quoted image]

IMG_6071 (resized).jpegIMG_6071 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#3824 7 months ago
Quoted from AndrewP:

Williams Spacelab model 443, very clean and only a few issues, one of them being that it has a Spacelab model 444 backglass in the head. I’ll have to source the correct Spacelab (or failing that, a Skylab).
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I had one. If you need a copy of the schematics I can get them for you. I don’t know if they are any different than Skylab. Mine came in blueprint form.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 51.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider murphdom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-you-working-on-right-now?tu=murphdom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.