IMG_1657 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1658 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1656 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1655 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1858 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_1851 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mopar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from cyberslunk:

Working on getting a Gottlieb Spin Unit working properly on a 1969 Spin-A-Card.

The last Hearts & Spades I worked on had a spinner problem. It turned out that the plate
on the mini spinner coil was magnetized. I found sometimes lube being a bit thick for some
of those tiny wipers, so then I apply only Remmington Gun Oil..

#169 4 years ago

While checking and freshening some of the machines for the annual Winter gathering,
the Flipper Pool's 1,000s score reel channel/guides shattered.
Picked up an 8' plastic channel molding from the hardware, now just waiting for the
#2 bolts and nuts to arrive. The channel's a little lighter, but should work fine..

IMG_1565 (resized).JPGIMG_1565 (resized).JPG
#181 4 years ago
Quoted from novaguy:

Hey Tim I have a whole KOD head if the channels are
the same.

I forgot, is this Jon?
Thanks, I appreciate it but I think the channel that I picked up from the local hardware
will work okay. I have the two channels cut and holes drilled. Just waiting on the #2
bolts and nuts which is suppose to arrive tomorrow. The channels look a little different,
but I don't mind. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

#182 4 years ago

Beginning to get ready for the annual February party.
Last week I freshened up Mini Pool, Flipper Pool (waiting on a couple parts),
Fun Park, Diamond Jack, Hurdy Gurdy, Melody, Subway, Ice Show, Cowpoke,
Dimension, and Star Jet. Yesterday was Midway's Champ, and today Hearts & Spades.
A few more Wedge Heads to go, then will start on the multi player pins, then the
EM arcades, then the ball and shuffle bowlers..
Good way to stay busy in the Winter..

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

February in the NY snowbelt.
I'd like to come, but the possibility of having to stay for a week makes me a bit apprehensive!

Yes, so far we've been fairly lucky and this weekend they call for 60 degrees,
but you can't expect that to last. Not here in Upstate, but then again, never know..

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

now just waiting for the
#2 bolts and nuts to arrive. The channel's a little lighter, but should work fine..

Contact Cemented the plastic channel on 1/2" angle, and all installed.
Also freshened up Flipper Fair, and put new rubber on the MBA's ball
lift arms..
Tomorrow will freshen up Lucky Hand and Capt. Card..

#194 4 years ago
Quoted from novaguy:

Hey Tim it's Ted here,the lool the loop guy.here,

Hey Ted, might have a solution. I'll shoot you an email..

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from Stoomer:

I can think of no better place to spend a week in February in the lee of Lake Ontario than Tim's place..

Hey Sean. All the machines in the back room are freshened up, and yesterday I done up
Old Chicago, Bow & Arrow, Grand Prix, and the old Handicap shuffle bowler. Today will be
Sound Stage, Joker Poker, Surfer, and the Kick-a-Poo. The February party is on the 22nd
this year. Hope the weather is okay. It's always a plus when you can make it! (T)

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Picked up a nice looking Cow Poke over the weekend (First Wedge Head!)

A true Gottlieb classic!
Earlier this month, I had a good game on Cowpoke and was able to turn it over.
Like all other 4 digit Gottlieb AABs, not easy to do..

#242 4 years ago

Yesterday I worked on the Bally ABC Tournament Bowler (broken wire on the backside of the Score Motor's
wiper board), And today, I ground out a path over stress cracks on the Ten Strike's maniken.
Tomorrow I'll fill the cracks with Alandin's 3 in 1 rod. Never used it before, but it's similar to brazing, so
shouldn't be bad..

IMG_0028 (resized).JPGIMG_0028 (resized).JPGIMG_0029 (resized).JPGIMG_0029 (resized).JPG
#244 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I like your work table!

I was having problems keeping the grinding straight while on the work bench, so I used the
Rot-Target's 8 and 6 for an alignment guide. As you may have noticed, it proved to be one
of my better decisions that I had made throughout the years.. haha!
Well actually, after I was through, since DJ was one of the machines with the upper lights
close to directly behind it, I figured maybe it would take a better pic..
Since I'm now aware that the cast is a little meaty, tomorrow I'll grind a little deeper before
filling with the weld. Don't want taking the manikin off turn into a possible annual hobby..
Edit: btw, since I'll have to repaint his paints anyway, what color you think? Anything but pink.
He rolls the ball pretty hard..

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from Stoomer:

I think you should stick with the tan color...if you do change his pants for him, maybe a darker shade

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe even a light brown, but after further inspection, the metal
shaft that slides in the playfield is cracked. I think I'm going to have an eye out for a spare manikin..
The Skee Ball's still in the game room. As you walk in, it sits on the other side of the pool table.
It'll be there to stay. It's one that was at Roseland Amusement Park. A Park that I use to go to when
a kid..

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

but I need one damn switch that I can't seem to find

What's special about the switch, it's short length? You need both the small and longer
one? It takes the regular size insulating spacers, not the smaller ones right?
What's the length of the blade(s) that you could use?

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Things are going a bit slow on the 4 Million shop job since Floyd has taken up residence in the middle of the playfield.

Family comes First..

3 weeks later
#393 4 years ago

Today was: Bally Ball Park, Midway's Rifle Gallery, Flipper Fair, Time Trials, Mini Golf,
and Hollywood Driving Range..
Had a gathering over the weekend, and a few machines didn't make it the whole night.
Have them all going except Time Trials. Turned out to be one of the cars, but I have parts.
She'll be going before long..

1 week later
#410 4 years ago

Working on a Cowpoke. Started going through it on Monday and finished this morning.
All was fine but for a lazy/sluggish Roto target. It fired up fine, and then after further
inspection, broken and missing inner parts on the Roto. Fortunately the Roto Target was
still complete on a parts World Series. The parts didn't have the bronze coating, but all
interchanged perfectly..

#428 4 years ago

Today I did finishing touches on a Cowpoke. Back in the 90s, I picked it up
because it was in better shape than the one I had. Then bought another that
was nicer, then another (which is presently in the game room) that was nicer.
Once going through this one, I realized how many missing and broken parts
there were, but fortunately I found the needed ones in the parts barn. I just
need to order the "50 point Spin" top bumper cap. She's not mint, but plays
nice and is in much better shape (especially mechanically) than when I started.
That's an original bg that I took from the one in the game room. Was debating,
and although it's a 9.8 original, I decided to put the 10 repro in the one that I'm
keeping.
This one's spoken for, but still have another extra that's very decent..
Edit: I might add, my last games score isn't too shabby..
IMG_0080 (resized).JPGIMG_0080 (resized).JPGIMG_0081 (resized).JPGIMG_0081 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#544 4 years ago
Quoted from Tonup69:

the multiball function is not working - balls lock, but won't unlock (kicker not kicking)

Nice pick up! Good player when playing a 2 player game..

IMG_0124 (resized).JPGIMG_0124 (resized).JPG
#545 4 years ago

I was already aware of it not having a backglass, but years back when this showed up on a trade in,
I knew I didn't get the best of the deal with it having no back door, and the coin door lock was jig-sawed
out. But bit the bullet. Turned out to be a harder bite after opening it up earlier this month.
Already seeing the surprises on the outside, I should have expected.
Fortunately I had another machine I wasn't so sure what I was going to do with, but for sure it's a parts machine
now.. It plays fine, just need to do a little more cosmetic work..

IMG_0114 (resized).JPGIMG_0114 (resized).JPG
IMG_0117 (resized).JPGIMG_0117 (resized).JPG

IMG_0112 (resized).JPGIMG_0112 (resized).JPG
#548 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Looks like you got your work cut out for you

Actually, had my work cut out for me. Another few hours, and she'll be 100%.
That yellow machine was a spare that I had around way before the one I fixed up.
I went through and used the yellow machines component board.
btw: you're package is going out first thing in the morning..

Quoted from EMsInKC:

Holy Shit!!!

Hard to believe all that one board's wiring was once as tight as the wiring on the board
that now is in the machine..

#557 4 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I already posted what it is, no looking back but here's a hint

I think I now remember you posting, but not before thinking that that shade of green
resembles my Flipper Pool.

#558 4 years ago
Quoted from Tonup69:

Now I need to find the relays. Any chance you have a guide to where they are in the cabinet?

Your bottom board is missing it's Relay Labels? How about the Head's?
I believe most if not all of mine are there. If that's what you'd like, I can
take pics tomorrow..

#559 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Take a guess.

I guess John should have takin' the Lady in blue to the movies.

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from Tonup69:

Trying to make myself a reference chart so I can track down the kicker and target relays. Photos would help!

I was going to pm, but in case it's needed at another time.
The Bank Relay labels I think you can make out, but no way the board's Relays.
They're pretty clean, but I myself had difficulty reading between the blades. So I'll
list them with the first (1) being in the front (closest to the coin door).
(1)-25 cent. (2)-2nd Coin (3)-Anti-Cheat (4)-Match (5)Hold (6)-Outhole (7)-#1 Hole
(8)-#2 Hole (9)-#1 Target (10)-#2 Target (11)-#1 & 2 Target (12)-50 Point (13)-Shoot Again
(14)-#2 Hold

IMG_0126 (resized).JPGIMG_0126 (resized).JPGIMG_0128 (resized).JPGIMG_0128 (resized).JPGIMG_0129 (resized).JPGIMG_0129 (resized).JPG
#610 4 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

how that guy on the right is bending that way

The dope is so distracted, he mis-cued the 12 ball.

3 weeks later
#754 3 years ago

I had the camera out anyways, so I took a couple pics of the 1954 United Team Bowler I'm going
through that I'm traded to a Friend for work to be done on my Cuda and 46 Plymouth. I had that
bowler stored since the mid 90s..
My Graphic Designer is redoing the backglass (plexi), so if anyone could use a 1954 Team Bowler
backglass, it should be ready by the middle of next month..

IMG_0157 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0157 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0158 (resized).JPGIMG_0158 (resized).JPG
#765 3 years ago

Back on a vintage United Shuffle now, but recently went through a Flipper Fair
I got in years ago. Realizing it had the incorrect lower cab., I went along with
the trade because it had a nice head and my other Flipper Fair's head around
the glass was shreading apart. There's certainly nothing cosmetically great about
this one, but did fix up the other's head a bit and after many trips to the parts bin,
this one does play well. A nudge on the slings can bring the ball up to the top.
Not 100%, but I have a pretty good idea what 2 player lower cab. it has.

IMG_0164 (resized).JPGIMG_0164 (resized).JPGIMG_0165 (resized).JPGIMG_0165 (resized).JPGIMG_0167 (resized).JPGIMG_0167 (resized).JPG
#767 3 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Is that a Gaucho cabinet? Or did those games share artwork?

Actually, I think it matches a Flying Turns also, unless the red/redish-orange is a different shade
on Flying Turns. Looks like it's a Gaucho (maybe Flying Turns) lower cab. Flipper Fair has different
art work (although the colors do match up with the head pretty well), and also has a totally different
cab. This one's going to a home owner that was looking for a pin. He'll have a good time playing it.
I think it may play better than the one I presently have set up in the game room.
Here's that one with the proper lower cab..

IMG_1307 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_1307 (1) (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#847 3 years ago

The two puck bowlers are spoken for, just waiting for the backglasses to be completed..
The project puck bowler I was picking up last weekend got delayed, so to keep a little busy
and to also make more room in the garage for the barracuda that's being painted, I pulled
out the bowler that was along the wall..
Bally's small ball bowler stain on the hardwood is tough to come off, but whatever type of
paint someone painted the hardwood on this one was a bitch to smooth out.
2 layers of paint stripper, then 40 grit sand paper (I never use 40 grit), then 60 grit to
get it smooth enough to repaint..
The cab is now sanded also and wasn't too easy, but nothing like the hardwood..

IMG_0171 (resized).JPGIMG_0171 (resized).JPGIMG_0175 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0175 (1) (resized).JPG
#849 3 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

What's the car in the background there "Mopar"?

That's a 1946 Plymouth. Years back, the engine and tranny's been rebuilt, but a long time Friend
that owns a garage is going through it after he's done with the barracuda which is presently in the
garage. In exchange, he's getting one of those puck bowlers (which I went through head to tail),
for his grand kids..
I haven't gone through the Slick Chick yet, but the Majorettes has a different game play which I'll
always have set up. How's the game play on Slick Chick?

#851 3 years ago

I'm primarily into add-a-ball, but will eventually go through the Slick Chick
and probably the Gigi also, but I don't often hear much said about Gigi..

#855 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

On my game I removed 2.5 to 3 full wrap layers from all of the pop bumper coils

I did that with Ballys, and it made it like night and day.
I tried it a couple times on Gottlieb slings, and I didn't get
any improvement. However, moving it to high tap usually
did the trick..

1 week later
#906 3 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Anyone know which machines have similar roto targets?

Many parts were missing on the Cowpoke's Roto Target that I went through this past Spring.
Had a parts 1972 World Series playfield, and its Roto Target mechs were identical and worked fine..

2 weeks later
#936 3 years ago

98% done. Just have a couple hours of finishing touches left.
I'll probably sell (maybe trade) this one..

IMG_0175 (resized).JPGIMG_0175 (resized).JPGIMG_0190 (resized).JPGIMG_0190 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#978 3 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

date of manufacture was actually 1961.

I also thought 1961, but nope. It was the beginning of 1962.

#986 3 years ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

If I pressed too hard too fast, the paint would "gum up" instead of sand off.

Most I haven't any problems, but the last bowler I went through I had the same problem. I'm not sure what type
of paint it was, but I had to paint strip, sand with 40 (and I never use 40) then sand with 60 just to get it smooth enough
to body fill and repaint. On almost all pins, arcade, bowlers, 60 grit does the trick..

2 weeks later
#1014 3 years ago

Bristol Hills. Low production.
When first seen, I didn't think it's layout looked exciting,
but I've heard different.
I have a couple, but never played one..
btw: Those two 71's side by side are a nice looking pair..

1 month later
#1111 3 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Just so happens I'm doing a Cowpoke at the moment also, the cabinet is solid, but some idiot glued carpet to the entire body before I got it, so I've been redoing it for awhile,

Where did your Cowpoke come from. Way back, my first Cowpoke had (I think brownish) carpet glued on
it, then sold it after getting in another. I think one of the mid-states it went to..

IMG_0764 (resized).JPGIMG_0764 (resized).JPG
#1115 3 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Where did your Cowpoke come from.

Not a clue how the pic of that N.S. got in there (?)

#1119 3 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Bought it in Washington State, so probably not the same one,

Not sure. It could have been Washington State. It was like 4 Cowpokes ago. I remember getting
it in with a crappy sealed glass, so I replaced it and sent it out with a repro glass..
No idea how the pic of the N.S.'s playfield got in that post. I never hit the attach pic..

#1130 3 years ago

Nice save!

2 months later
#1327 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

After that first scoring both the 5 and 13 banks reset (resetting "Z")

If I remember correctly, the Q Relay is the Add-a-Ball Relay, right?
But either way, I'd check the Z armature switch (in the 5 bank) and also
maybe the EOS switch on the Ball Count Unit. It also could be one of the
snowshoe contacts on the Ball Count Unit is worn a little bit flat. I sometimes
had to solder in one of the rivets (when on the 4th step up), but many times
filed the flat snowshoe so the center was the high side. I had to replace
snowshoes also, but filing so the center of the snowshoe touched the rivets
usually did the trick..

#1334 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Seems Z needs to be activated to step up the balls to play to 5 at start but is still active until the motor runs again,

At the Start up of a game and once everything resets (score reels and ball count), the Z Relay
energizes which transfers the circuit from the Ball Count's Reset Coil, to the Ball Counts
Step Up Coil through a set of make/break switches (in the Z Relay). Once the Ball Count
goes to the forth step, 2 blades from the Ball Counts snowshoe wiper (spring loaded blades)
complete a circuit to the 5 Bank Reset Coil, and while those snowshoe wipers are on those
two rivets, the next time the Ball Count's Step Up Coil energizes, it makes a set of switches
(EOS) which energizes the 5 Bank Coil. So the 3 things in the 5 Bank Coil's circuitry at Start
Up is the Z Armature switch (the switch on the 5 Bank Frame that the Z Relay's plate makes
when the Z Relay is in the energized (tripped) position), the rivets on the Ball Count's wiper
board that 2 of the snowshoe wiper blades are on after the Ball Count stepped up 4 times,
and the Ball Count's Step Up Coil's End Of Stroke switch which makes when the Ball Count Step
Up Coil pulls in. Those are the switches (and two wipers) that need to be checked, and of course
possibly the Jones plugs.

#1341 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

It could well have been set wrong before. It was a non-working project when I got it.

Oh, I knew it could have been in the snowshoes, but sorry, I didn't give it a thought
about the Ball Count's wiper might be mis-adjusted. It's good to hear you have it
working properly..

3 months later
#1656 3 years ago

I have an Ice Show. I'm thinking I never knew Ice Review lower playfield
being different..

#1659 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

They both lack the two small plastics near the flippers.

Not only lacking plastics, those posts make it a huge plus for nudging,
but still a damn tough machine to flip..

1 week later
#1701 3 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

I guess back in the 70s those coin boxes could be quite full.

An old time Vendor Mechanic (that I got to know) said the year he started (1970) there was a Palooka
in the hometown Coffee Shop/Magazine Stand and he said: "you know how big those coin boxes are".
He told me before the end of the week, that coin box would be topped out with dimes. Little doubt
that 1964 machine more than paid for itself..

3 weeks later
#1755 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

It was the one game in the dorm game room that was three games for a quarter where the rest were only 2 games for a quarter.

By the early 70s, 2 games for a quarter was the going rate. Less than 10 cents a game was a deal..
Back in the early/mid 90s, a working buddy that read the water meters said that there was a pinball
in this repossessed house. I went there, the door was unlocked, Kids used it for a partying place, but
the pinball was fine. It was a Drop-a-Card. By phone, I bugged the lady at the bank for a couple weeks,
and she gave in and met me there and picked it up for $25.00 It was like my 4th pinball machine and
didn't even know about Replay machines, but I did know that I didn't care for it's game play too much and
it's still in storage still in decent shape..
Since then, a Friend said that he really liked his Pop-a-Card, so I traded in a pretty nice one. I haven't
gone through it yet, but plan on doing so before too long..

1 month later
#1854 2 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:

It's very different kind of wood rail.

Sorry, no schematic, but those are Fly Away Pins, right?

1 week later
#1887 2 years ago
Quoted from TwinDavid:

GIGI is gorgeous...and its a fun game!

I'm primarily into AABs, and have no idea on either of their game play, but still
looking forward on getting both Gigi and Slick Chick up and running..

#1900 2 years ago

I had the camera out anyways, so I thought I'd take a couple additional pics.
I once had this in a Bowling Alley, and 10 or 12 years back I pulled it out
(they were redoing the floor) and last week I pulled it from the barn, freshened
it up, and she once again bat's like a charm.
I'll be putting it in a Friend's restaurant replacing a Williams Score Board
which is a very low production machine.
A couple weeks ago, I had the bg made. It's not perfect (I didn't have it digitized)
but big improvement over the original..
btw: Nothing pretty, but the original wasn't this bad while in the Bowling Alley.
Storage stripped away much of the already loose paint..

IMG_0491 (resized).JPGIMG_0491 (resized).JPGIMG_0492 (resized).JPGIMG_0492 (resized).JPG
#1912 2 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

1971 Bally Roadrunner.

Those cars travel by magnets?

#1913 2 years ago

I was kinda persuaded in a way to get out the B.J.s, so on a few rainy days, I went through one.
It's the first pin set up in the additional game room.
This one's in pretty good shape, but in the mid 90s, I picked one up that was near mint.
It was a mistake trading it off.
It's not a bad player, and plays pretty fast..
btw: When the Lady in red looked away, that guy took total advantage..

IMG_0504 (resized).JPGIMG_0504 (resized).JPG

#1915 2 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Very ingenious, even has brake lights!

Years back, I remember seeing that game in a warehouse.
I took out a few machines, but left that one.
I'll now be keeping an eye out..

3 weeks later
#1948 2 years ago

4 or 5 years back I had the Night Rider set up in the game room, and since
much of this week's been a little moist, I figured I'd get her out of the barn and
be able to freshin' her up in a short day, but it turned out to be a good couple days.
I gave her a good lubin' and cleaning and she's now playing fine..

IMG_0549 (resized).JPGIMG_0549 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#1964 2 years ago

Well, I'm thinking Gusher would much rather be next to a relative than some baseball machine, so
this is the next one on the operation's table.
Unlike Gusher, this one's going to need a bit more than just an examination, physical, and tune up..

IMG_0590 (resized).JPGIMG_0590 (resized).JPG
#1966 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Starting to get a feel for the woodies, eh?

There's 14 stored machines hanging out in that room, and the first 3 machines I set up
came from the barn and garage. I need to get these machines set up and off the floor
and I knew Gusher wouldn't take long to freshen up, but yea, I like Gusher's game play.
I'm not sure if Sea Wolf will compare, but it's like Wizard and Captain. If ones set up,
maybe the other should be..

1 month later
#2021 2 years ago

Damn good job on that Apollo playfield!
Well, after doing 6 straight woodrails the past couple months,
I have a mid 60s Gottlieb true 2 Player AAB on the table..
This is a sample machine, and I have a strong feeling that all
U.S. version Hyde Parks were samples..
I know of one other that was found in a basement (had to of been a
damp basement, looked pretty rough) but it was definitely a U.S.
version.
This one's pretty decent and it's the next rainy day(s) project..

IMG_0712 (resized).JPGIMG_0712 (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#2056 2 years ago

I had already gone through the Palooka and broke it down a few years ago and now once again have some added space
so took her out of the barn. I normally go through a machine 100%, but having already gone through this one, I dissembled
and cleaned the Ball Count Unit, slapped her together, and played a game. After a couple more hours of a little more freshening,
she'll once again be back in a line up..

IMG_0741 (resized).JPGIMG_0741 (resized).JPG
#2059 2 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Looks like it's in great shape. I love mine. The center target can award two balls on score and sequence. Pop-Pop!

I actually forgot about the rule set where the center target can allow up to 2 free balls on 1 hit.
Back in the mid 90s, I stumbled upon this semi-local old vendor with a Palooka. The deal was, if
I bought 10 ems for $100.00 a piece, I could have the Palooka for $200.00 Well a couple months
and 10 (actually 11) ems later, I had a Palooka. btw: 1 of those 10 EMs was a very nice EM Black
Jack.
Anyways, the reason I had an eye out for a Palooka is because in 1970, a Buddy I got to know from
the hobby start working as a mechanic for a local vendor. There was a Palooka in the local Coffee Shop.
He said "You know how big those coin boxes are". In one week, the Palooka's coin box would be full to
the top with dimes. This was 1970. A 6 year old machine easily holding its own and then some. There had
to of been something likable to a Palooka..

#2060 2 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Looks like Al Capone leaning on the ropes is going to make the palooka an offer he can’t refuse.

I never gave it a thought, but yea. It does look like a (slightly chunkier) Al Capone.
And after studying him a little bit, it also looks like the old time local Vendor. He was
a big time Gottleb Distributor. Knew Dave very well. In a Coffee Shop, there were
always 5 pins. Mostly Wedge Heads, but I understand a Palooka out matched them all..

#2062 2 years ago

Although not in its permanent spot, Palooka once again is in a line up, but I could just sense
that it felt a little uncomfortable, so one of its close relatives is making the journey..

IMG_0742 (resized).JPGIMG_0742 (resized).JPGIMG_0743 (resized).JPGIMG_0743 (resized).JPG
#2065 2 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I love those early 60s WMS EMs (including the reverse wedgeheads)

Yes, same. I do have a few others (mostly AABs), but I do have a couple of the Replays
and although I like AAB best, I'm tempted to go through the Trade Winds sooner than
later. I've heard some pretty good things about that machine..

#2066 2 years ago

I once did have an extra, but years back I traded it for a Vendo 39 to a Pinball Buddy..
Maybe sometime we can make a trade. I no longer have dups of any of the Reverse
Wedge Heads, but I do have dups of Wedge Heads themselves if there's any you might
be looking for..

#2075 2 years ago

For 2 or 3 days Friendship was flying solo, but she's now in the line up with one of her Relatives..
I can lower the back, but up front 28.5" is too short, and 31" is too tall. I might have to customize
some 30s for the front..

IMG_0748 (resized).JPGIMG_0748 (resized).JPGIMG_0749 (resized).JPGIMG_0749 (resized).JPG
#2078 2 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Newest addition after doing some cleaning, playfield repainting, clear coat, bulbs, rubbers, bumper caps, cleaning of score reels etc...

You got that thing Sparkling!

#2080 2 years ago

Well, the last thing I needed was another shuffle, but because this one was in a local
restaurant when new, then sat in the same spot in the Family's basement for the
past 59 years, a couple weeks ago I decided to pick her up..
The only thing not original (when I got it in) was the coin door which was a plain
piece of plywood. From the only early 1950s Chicago Coin parts bowler that I ever
gotten in, it was this title, so now it has it's original coin door..
She's in very decent shape, and after quite a few hours, she now plays 100%.

IMG_0752 (resized).JPGIMG_0752 (resized).JPG
#2081 2 years ago

And next up on the servicing table..

IMG_0755 (resized).JPGIMG_0755 (resized).JPG
#2086 2 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Great artwork on that one

Yes. From all the United Target Shuffles, I'd have to say
Venus is the best looker..

#2088 2 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Just finishing up a rare one. Re-import from Italy.

And looks pretty damn nice from what I can see..

1 week later
#2106 2 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Saved this youngster from the dumpster and it was on my wishlist.

Back in the early/mid 90s when I was picking machines up left and right
for a hundred bucks, just a couple towns away I remember looking at a Wild
Card, but turned it down because they wouldn't take less than $200.00 for it.
That one I probably should have paid the price. It was cherry..

#2137 2 years ago

Everything on the Venus is all set. Just need to have the glass made for the "SHOOT AGAIN"
modification. On the Kick-a-Poo, when the center (70) pocket is made, the same player shoots
again which makes for a better playing machine, so I converted that same feature to the Venus..

IMG_0769 (resized).JPGIMG_0769 (resized).JPG
#2138 2 years ago

Because this machine has a little personal attachment, I decided
for it to be next on the servicing table..

IMG_0770 (resized).JPGIMG_0770 (resized).JPG

#2153 2 years ago

Well, just about that time of the year, and Bristol is just about ready for the line up.
Just have to get a ball count (showing the ball it's on) made for the instruction card..
She's not in superior shape, but decent and does play strong..

IMG_0775 (resized).JPGIMG_0775 (resized).JPG
#2163 2 years ago

Nice job. Came out nice!
I have a Hurdy in the game room and another in a local Ice Cream Parlor.
In the Summer, the Kids love it..
There's a couple other things in the works, but this will be the next machine
I'll periodically be working on..

IMG_0780 (resized).JPGIMG_0780 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#2193 2 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

This game doesn't get much love, but it made the owner very happy to pick it up this morning.!

I have 4 of the aab Gottlieb baseball theme pinballs, and although it's the aab version,
my vote goes to Home Run..

#2199 2 years ago

A few more trial games, and the P.I. will be going in the line up.
I have to agree with the ratings. Nice playing machine..

IMG_0786 (resized).JPGIMG_0786 (resized).JPG
#2200 2 years ago

On Deck..

IMG_0787 (resized).JPGIMG_0787 (resized).JPG
#2204 2 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:Excellent find there Mopar!

Thanks! I actually picked it up 10-12 yrs. back, and was fortunate. A nice
one only a couple small towns away..

#2209 2 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Your BG looks great
my MH EM BG has leprosy,
though i did by a new repro BG from Shay.

And coming from Shay, I know now your bg looks great..
I remember it being a little chili ride back after picking up that machine..
I picked it up in the Winter from someone's garage with the head
strapped in on the passenger side, and drove the 20 or so miles with
the heat close to off..

#2210 2 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Just noticed that Mopar scored 1965 points on his kewl 1965 machine.

After playing for quite a few years, you can accomplish such feats within
a couple three games..
Haha. No, actually I manually set that score just to give it a little personal
personality..
I did the same with Friendship the day it went in the line up, and showing
it's with its close relative (1964) Palooka..

IMG_0749 (resized).JPGIMG_0749 (resized).JPG
#2215 2 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Almost there...

Cool hard to find machine!
But one weird thing is not so much it hasn't any bells,
but the knocker knocks with every 10 points. Not when
a replay is made..
But doesn't change a thing. It still remains a nice historical
EM for a collection..

#2217 2 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

I am planning to add a 5" bell maybe when the balls release, will experiment. Maybe even a smaller bell for other scoring. We'll see.

I added a couple bells. One to the 1's, and one to the 10's and because B-a-P doesn't
have score relays, I had to tap in 4 separate relays. 2 for each player. It was a little
pain, but they're on their own separate relay board and wired to male/female jones
plug so it could be quickly removed, but I like the bells. The machine sings much better..
One other thing different is the play meter doesn't register plays made. It registers
when a replay is made, so I wired the knocker to the play (well replay) meter so it's
as other replay machines and knocks when a replay's score is made..
I'd like to know if your machine is different, but I suspect all B-a-P were wired the
same.
btw: The knocker was missing, and I added the bells before I both looked at that
circuitry or replaced it, so I didn't know it knocked every 10 points, or I would have
just used 1 bell by placing it in the knocker's spot..
A few weeks ago, a Friend told me his B-a-P's knocker was missing. I wouldn't be
surprised if some vendors took them out because of annoyance. Maybe from Tavern
Owners request.

#2233 2 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Are your guy's Balls a Poppin machines with standard corner mounted legs or with the deluxe side mounted slant legs?

The machine I have has the side mount legs. Later in production, they switched
to the corner legs, but I'm not sure exactly when..

#2241 2 years ago

M.H. is just about ready for the line up.
Just waiting on the new plunger links for
the two Drop Target Banks..

IMG_0792 (resized).JPGIMG_0792 (resized).JPG
#2242 2 years ago

And next on the table..
Anticipating a new backglass for this one..

IMG_0793 (resized).JPGIMG_0793 (resized).JPG
#2245 2 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

I'd love to have one of those someday!

A few years back, I had the chance to pick up a 2nd one.
If I happen to stumble upon another, and being in a
neighboring state, I will keep you in mind.
I know someone (in Italy) that has the Italian version
"Western". That one's extremely rare. I encouraged him
to send pics to IPDB.
Although Lariat has a good rating, the playfield layout
(to me) doesn't look overly exiting, but I thought the
same of Bristol Hills, and that layout fooled the hell out
of me..

#2249 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I'm glad I was able to hook you up with that "Pleasure Isle".

Yea me too! I knew I'd never have S.H. set up, and although K.A. was a nice example, I wasn't
a woodsman, but after going through those Williams woodies, I think my mind's done a buck eighty!
P.I. was the 4th (and final) of the U.S. version 2 Player Gottllieb AAB(s) I needed, and now two's set up,
with Lariat on deck. Now if only somehow, someway, a Sea Side (Italian AAB version of Surf Side), came
out of the backwoods, that would be the icing..
There's a collector in Italy that has all 7 of the Italian Gottlieb 2 Player AABs. He's the only one I know
with a Sea Side. It'd be a fluke if any's over here..

#2250 2 years ago
Quoted from Peruman:

There’s a Domino in the background

I was wondering how you could tell. Why not Playmates!
But you got it. Those gotta be Texas/Arizona Chicks..

#2252 2 years ago
Quoted from Peruman:

I forgot about Playmates.

Haha. You were a step ahead of me. No way Lariat's imagery
is that of an Add-a-Ball state. You had it all along!

#2255 2 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

A true "Wow" game according to Tim!

YES IT IS, AND THE VERY FIRST ONE!
but don't tell j.r. won't hear the last of it..

1 week later
#2271 2 years ago

Well, the Lariat had some issues, but all straightened out and plays fine.
The "Score/Balls in Play" card was ripped, just waiting for the new one to be
completed and she'll be 100%. A repro bg will also be coming her way..

IMG_0799 (resized).JPGIMG_0799 (resized).JPG
#2272 2 years ago

L-t-L up next. Although the bg has a replay window, this is
the AAB version..

IMG_0800 (resized).JPGIMG_0800 (resized).JPG
#2274 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

The left lane kickback is more fun than winning a game.

Yes, I'd have to agree, especially for home use (but for me more fun either way)..
Just start going through the head. I see all the 0-9 lights minus the 0 is
wired. I would think that's how the added balls are displayed, but it looks
as if the most added balls that can be accumulated at one time is 4 (maybe
5), so I'm not yet sure exactly what all the 0-9 is all about, but will once it's
all gone through and gets plugged in..

1 week later
#2291 2 years ago

Well, the AAB version Loop-the-Loop is pretty much ready for the line up.
Instruction card should have this week, and a repro backglass coming in
before long. The backglass presently in it came from the Relay version and oddly
enough, the ball count goes up to 7. Replay versions should go only to 5..
IMG_0802 (resized).JPGIMG_0802 (resized).JPGIMG_0803 (resized).JPGIMG_0803 (resized).JPG

#2294 2 years ago
Quoted from dmarston:

Bally experimented with a 7 balls per game setting on some replay models in the mid-1960s

I wasn't able to get the AAB's schematic, so I got a copy of the Replay's version.
That schematic states 3 or 5 ball play. I haven't yet looked at the adjustments in
the Replay version machine that I have, but perhaps it's an early (maybe late)
model and it is adjustable up to 7 balls..
Have to take a look come warmer weather..

#2295 2 years ago

T.W. up next.
I'm primarily AAB, but I've heard
good things about this pin..

IMG_0804 (resized).JPGIMG_0804 (resized).JPG
#2304 2 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

1976 Brunswick Pro Block A Shot

I've seen people practically die laughing while playing that machine.
Even before buzzin'!

#2311 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

Your backglass looks great! This game always seems to have major flaking.

Yes, the original glass had paint loss. Quite a few years back, I made a good size package trading deal
with a fellow collector involving multiple machines with part of the deal giving him a project Flying Turns,
Flipper Parade, and a couple other machines that he highly wanted, so giving up the the new repro Trade
Winds glass with the machine was no problem for him. I remember 2 of the machines that I got was Ringer
and a better Majorettes. We were both happy with the trading deal..

#2330 2 years ago

T.W. all gone through and playing fine.
A few trial games, then she'll be going
in the line up..
It'll be the last machine I'll be working on for a
while. Time to do a little freshening up on some
of the other machines, and then straightening
out the game room(s)..

IMG_0807 (resized).JPGIMG_0807 (resized).JPG
#2332 2 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Does that mean you didn't actually achieve that score with the glass on?

Haha, the glass was off, but being a pinball player from way back, I am talented
enough to do that pretty much every time even with the glass on. I manually activate
the score relays in the back box..
Now doing it with both the glass and back door on. That I have not yet achieved..

1 week later
#2370 2 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Just finished this.

I'll give it 5 "Wows"

#2374 2 years ago
Quoted from atpcfiaim:

Pretty easy when they start out as nice as this game was.

Yea. Nice lookin' T.C.!

#2375 2 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Starting to build up the playfield on this rare title.

Historical game, and those wild balls make it..

Quoted from stashyboy:

The mechanisms are unlike any other I have seen before.

It takes a little fabrication to replace those T.B. skirts..

#2377 2 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Installed the small metal pin.

Yup. I also epoxied the hole on the upper side that the pin sticks in..
Having hose small adjusters on the underside proved to be handy..

1 month later
#2458 2 years ago

Last year I sold my (nice playing) Subway to a Fellow Collector (which was his grail pin),
and since I had a somewhat open week, I'm going through the other one. Picked it up
last year, but just a couple days ago I noticed 13 of the Jewel Post were replaced with plastics,
but fortunately I had extra..
I've been installing toggle switches on the 60s machines, but the past few months I've been
splicing in switches (from Digi-Key) that when pushed it, it cuts the circuit, and when released,
the circuit is once again complete. Just takes like a 7/32" hole, and spliced into the Kick-Off switch..
She's all gone through and playing. Rebuilt the Thumpers. Just need to shop out the rest of the
playfield..

IMG_0845 (resized).JPGIMG_0845 (resized).JPGIMG_0846 (resized).JPGIMG_0846 (resized).JPGIMG_0847 (resized).JPGIMG_0847 (resized).JPGIMG_0848 (resized).JPGIMG_0848 (resized).JPG
#2460 2 years ago

Last year I helped someone out a little bit and sold my working Subway, but having an
AAB Wedge Head collection, I had to put another back into the line up and just finished
her up this morning. The playfield's nice, but still might have lost a small decimal on this
one's condition, but surly not on it's performance. Plays nice. The slings can easily bring
the ball back up to the top..

IMG_0854 (resized).JPGIMG_0854 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#2509 2 years ago

Last week I finished up Big Top. The new numbers for the stand up Targets (1-4) should
be in this week, and the repro backglass in 2 or 3 weeks. When I got it in, a post was placed
between the flippers. I'm leaving it for now but despite, the playfield came out pretty decent.
She plays nice..

IMG_0858 (resized).JPGIMG_0858 (resized).JPG

#2510 2 years ago

All 4 U.S. Gottlieb True 2 Player AABs are now in the line up.
Big Top's backglass should be in next month..

IMG_0859 (resized).JPGIMG_0859 (resized).JPG
#2511 2 years ago

Will be working on the Flipper Series next..

IMG_0860 (resized).JPGIMG_0860 (resized).JPG
#2513 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverLiningMan:

What a lineup—and Flipper is the favorite game of all around here. Great stuff.

Thanks Lee!
I had the Flipper stored for years. I've never played one, so I'm
looking forward getting it in the line up and checking her out..
When I first got into the hobby, having the Flipper Series in an EM
collection seemed to be a pretty big thing, and for me, it kinda still is.
A good size part of Pinball History (especially Flipper).. (T)

#2516 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Do you have them all? What about a woodrail "Flipper"?

Yup. Have them all.
Although my space is now once again becoming limited,
I eventually will have the woodrail also set up but saving it for
last. One of the red long plastic pieces (metal rails are white)
are missing, and Steve (Pinball Resource) said he was going
to have them made..
I once did a little checking, and I'm pretty sure all Flipper
woodrails are sample machines.

IMG_0544 (resized).JPGIMG_0544 (resized).JPGIMG_0545 (resized).JPGIMG_0545 (resized).JPGIMG_0547 (resized).JPGIMG_0547 (resized).JPG
#2532 2 years ago
Quoted from vinnypeppers:

i cant remember the other EM game but it's a Bally........

1975 Flicker

#2534 2 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Seems like I saw a Chicago coin pin that had those 2 idiots/geniuses

I have a Hollywood set up. W.C.'s on there. I'll have to check.
Maybe L&H also. I had a Flicker. L&H is on that one..
Edit: Yea, on C.C. Hollywood, W.C.'s primary, L&H secondary.
Vise versa on Flicker..

#2536 2 years ago

I went through the Flipper the last few days, and she's plays fine and just
about ready for the line up. I'll get new 10 Point Caps for her on the next order..

IMG_0866 (resized).JPGIMG_0866 (resized).JPG
#2537 2 years ago

Cowboy's waiting on deck..

IMG_0867 (resized).JPGIMG_0867 (resized).JPG
#2543 2 years ago
Quoted from BleacherBum:

I have been working on a 1972 Bally Space Time.

Beautiful work! Really nice. I'd like to spend that much time on machines, but I haven't
the time for them all. However on some Ball Bowlers, have no choice. Easy 170 - 200 hours..
I had a pretty nice Time Zone/Time Tunnel, but no match for ours..

2 weeks later
#2569 2 years ago

Been working on Flipper Cowboy on and off and today after doing a little extensive
work on the Roto Target, she's all gone through and playing fine.
I got a couple of the cracks in a couple of the plastics looking okay by applying a
line of clear glue on the backside, but I'm still keeping an eye out for a set..

IMG_0879 (resized).JPGIMG_0879 (resized).JPG
#2572 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipsteen:

Numbers look good on the Roto Target too that often get marred.

Actually, those are decals from Pinball Resource.
This is the first time I went through a Flipper Cowboy, but on one of the
Cowpokes, I sanded down the numbered targets, taped off and painted
them white, then my Vinyl Graphic Designer made the numbers. This time
I thought I'd check out PBR, so I hand sanded to make sure the targets
were fairly smooth, and not only looked good, the PBR vinyls are easy
to apply and has a protected outer film, so I'm sure they'll last for quite
some time..

#2573 2 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Do you have the bullseye target that the cowboy is shooting at on the BG animation?

Are you asking if I have a spare Cowboy bullseye target?
I actually have an extra Flipper Cowboy, but besides a painted cabinet and
needing a good set of plastics, it's complete.
If that's what you were asking, it wouldn't take too much to make a target.
I can give you measurements if needed..

#2577 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipsteen:

Debating whether to use them on a Sea Shore restoration. Most of the roto numbers look good but a few have some paint missing.

I put in a good size order to PBR when ordering the Roto Target decals so I took
another look at the receipt, and they were $18.00. For me it was worth it, but in
your case having only a few numbers missing paint, you might want to try a black
and white new fine point Sharpie. I've used them on the 60s Metal Score Reels
and with the Score Reel on the table in a good position, I was able to touch them
up were you can't noticed. I think maybe you might be happy after taking that route..

#2579 2 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Finishing up a major restoration project. This game was somewhat of a basket case. Original paint was in such bad shape, there was no choice but to repaint. Hand cut the stencils in poster board

Excellent job. Looks Superb!

#2580 2 years ago

I'm taking a little breather from the Flipper Series and decided to go through
and sell (possible trade) a game. Since I have 2 of them and Chicago Coin's
Add-a-Ball Bronco seems to be rare, I'll shop one out and because they haven't
any already, I'll take a few photos and send them to IPDB so Jay can put them
up on the sight. The weather's looking better here on the east Coast, so Bronco
will probably be an on and off project..

IMG_0882 (resized).JPGIMG_0882 (resized).JPG
#2583 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipsteen:

Do you think I need to cover with clear film or krylon spray after I use sharpie? Will the ball hitting the numbers chip off the sharpie ink? Thanks

I don't think it'll chip off the Sharpie, but putting a protective film over the numbers is a good idea.
I myself wouldn't use a spray. Since I have some on hand, I'd probably cut rectangular pieces of
clear vinyl at a size so they would fit the targets just above the rivets to the top of the targets.
Doing the same with clear mylar would be at least as good for protecting..

1 week later
#2594 1 year ago

This morning I finished up C.C.'s Bronco's playfield, and the
machine has now been all gone through and playing properly.
I had this machine (actually two) for years. This is the Add-
a-Ball version, and somewhat recently I learned that the AAB
seems to be pretty rare, so I shopped one out and will be
sending pics to IPDB.
It's a decent playing game, but I like all 4 of the Gottlieb True
2 Player AABs better. (Just noticed. Need to put on the Pop
Bumper Caps)..
btw: if anyone happens to have the addition instruction card
(saying when/how added balls are earned), I'd appreciate a pic,
or otherwise I'll have a couple made just going by game play..

IMG_0884 (resized).JPGIMG_0884 (resized).JPGIMG_0885 (resized).JPGIMG_0885 (resized).JPGIMG_0887 (resized).JPGIMG_0887 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#2626 1 year ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Just finishing up a repaint on a Ringer for a friend.

Looks beautiful!

4 months later
#2888 1 year ago
Quoted from pkurfess:

I picked up an E Clamp today at Lowes and will try it out also.

Let us know, and if no luck, I'm at 99.9% ( and that's going low) that Bally hadn't
changed that style from their machines in the 1950s which I'm sure I can spare a
clip from..

#2913 1 year ago
Quoted from atpcfiaim:

1977 Bally Evel Knievel

I have those same 3 games, however the E.K. still needs much work.
Seems I the B.J. more than the M.H.

2 weeks later
#2940 1 year ago

I have a Flipper set up, but because it being the 1st AAB game it does have a little
historic value so I agreed to go through a Friend's Ball Bowler (many hours) for another.
Not doing too much to her, just straightening out a couple bells' wiring.
I took a minute and cleaned up a bit of the Gottlieb Logo and the '10 points When Lit'
to the left of it, and looks like the playfield will clean up decently. The plastics are good
and I have a new Shay bg still in the box for her..
Thinking about trading this one and I have an eye out for a New York, Williams Jig Saw,
C.C. Thing, and I'm sure there's others I'd have interest in..
Flipper still has a pretty good value rating on Boston Pinball..
IMG_1139 (resized).JPGIMG_1139 (resized).JPGIMG_1140 (resized).JPGIMG_1140 (resized).JPG

#2944 1 year ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Here you go Tim:

Hey, Thanks Chris! It's a little ways away, but I sent
them a message.
Just a couple weeks ago aahgo sent me a craigs list link
for an AAB C.C. Hula Hula listing in Chicago, and a trading deal
has been made with no shipping involved, so I'll see what happens.

#2946 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

So, "Flipper" and $1500 cash?

This is the Flipper that last week was listed on Mr. Pinball for $900.00,
then the deal was made with me before it could be pulled, and he had a
fairly local buyer as is without a repro bg, so Flipper's still a good piece..
I sent a message and let him know I had multiple trading pieces, so if
Thing is in a collector's hands, something could happen..

#2947 1 year ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

New Hampshire isn’t far for you.

It's better than 7 hours which isn't too bad, but if we can get a trading
deal going, then we can meet halfway. I have more machines than money,
which is one reason I like doing trades, plus I'm spending quite a few bucks
on my vintage car over the Winter, so a trade would be nice..

#2950 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Thing definitely has a nice artwork. Looks like it’s in good condition too.

And I've heard good things about the machine, and the ratings
and comments on IPDB seem to agree.
The very few I've seen come up were $1,200.00 - $1,500.00,
but for being around for 70 plus years, this one looks pretty nice..

#2951 1 year ago
Quoted from tripplett:

Now as an adult he built a bar in his garage for the neighborhood and his friend donated his old Strike Zone. Luckily I have some EM pro friends in our neighborhood to help.

It looks complete, and the wiring doesn't look awfully bad.
With a little help from your Friends, she'll be set up in
the garage this Winter..

#2958 1 year ago

I have 3 of the 5 Flipper Series games set up and was going to first do the
other 2, but I thought I'd bring in Williams first AAB and get started on it
once the cold weather hits. Never played one, so looking forward to it..

IMG_1142 (resized).JPGIMG_1142 (resized).JPG
#2964 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I'm assuming that's a repro backglass?

Yes. The original glass is Skill Ball. I wouldn't mind the machine being one with the
original Add a Ball name.
Years back, this was my 1st repro glass I bought. I believe he produced 12 of them
and was convinced to make it Add a Ball, which is fine for a true AaB, but for me, I'd
prefer it saying Skill Ball like the machine was meant to be..

1 week later
#3020 1 year ago

Although under the card apron is stamped Add-a-Ball along with the backglass, it's
actually a Skill Ball I've been working on and off the past couple of weeks.
The Add-a-Ball glass was the only repro available.
This one I needed the schematics for. Someone hacked it in an attempt to get it to
score 1,000 points instead of adding a ball. She's now all straightened out.
When going through it I could sense it was going to be a better player than Gottieb's
first Add a Ball, and not that Flipper is horrible, but in my opinion, Skill Ball is a better
player..
I can't quite make out the one on IPDB, but if anyone happens to have the Instruction
Card they could take a pic of, it would be much appreciated.. (T)

IMG_1147 (resized).JPGIMG_1147 (resized).JPGIMG_1148 (resized).JPGIMG_1148 (resized).JPGIMG_1149 (resized).JPGIMG_1149 (resized).JPG
#3037 1 year ago

Last year I found out how much locks went up, so I checked around and found one
place by purchasing 100 I think it was $2.25 per I was able to picked them up for
all keyed alike.
Knowing the 100 would eventually evaporate, I picked up another 100, so I'm good
on locks for a while..

IMG_0479 (resized).JPGIMG_0479 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#3055 1 year ago

The temperatures are suppose to drop starting tomorrow, and since I
haven't played one before, I thought I'd go back on to the Flipper Series
and brought this one in earlier today..

IMG_1159 (resized).JPGIMG_1159 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#3065 1 year ago

Like many, I had this one stored 20 plus years, and today
I just finished it up. It's good to see her up on her feet.
After a few more trials games, she'll be going in the line up..

IMG_1163 (resized).JPGIMG_1163 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#3140 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I have had this one for almost a year. Ugh I just don't enjoy working on this stuff anymore. Had a little time lately. A good time to dig in and start to get it cleaned up a bit.

Nice!

1 week later
#3181 1 year ago

Here's my first Flipper Series Pin I picked up back in the early/mid 90s.
After being stored for many years, I brought it back out, and this
afternoon I once again finished going through her.
I had 3 F.C.s and all had nice playfield's, but this ones the nicest.
Virtually no wear or markings at the upper arch..
After a few more trial games, she'll be hitting the line up..

IMG_1221 (resized).JPGIMG_1221 (resized).JPGIMG_1222 (resized).JPGIMG_1222 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#3258 1 year ago

I had a fairly free week, so I thought I'd go through the Smarty.
The glass I had redone. It's not digitized, but it does the trick.
She plays nice and it's a simple game, but nice little player.
I had this one stored since the mid 90s. Wish I had room for
them all, but I'll probably be selling or trading this one..
IMG_1261 (resized).JPGIMG_1261 (resized).JPG

#3263 1 year ago

Well, it looks like Winter's not going away anytime soon, so I brought in the
Playtime from the barn. The Pin Deck section is from another United Ball Bowler.
It physically fits, but the male to female plugins don't quite match up, so after it's
all gone through, a bit of trouble shooting will be needed, but it's a machine worth
putting the time into..
So far, all 20 Score Reels totally gone through. Good enough for today..

IMG_1264 (resized).JPGIMG_1264 (resized).JPGIMG_1265 (resized).JPGIMG_1265 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#3291 1 year ago

I could sense Winter wasn't going away anytime soon here in Upstate, and since I could use
the storage space, a couple Mondays ago I pulled the Playtime out of the barn.
This was somewhat of a frankenstien machine. Cosmetically I didn't restore it 100%, but enough
to physically get things to line up, and color match. Had to test and change some of the wiring,
and now all straightened out. 80% completed, 20 to go. She's going to be a nice little 16' bowler..

IMG_1269 (resized).JPGIMG_1269 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#3343 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

or a matching AAB Hurdy Gurdy, Diamond Jack/Solitaire, or a Flipper Pool

I have an extra of all 3, but in New York.
Shipping's a killer.
My space is limited, but if I had a bit extra,
I'd double up on the Pleasure Isle/Paradise.
Nice looking machines..

1 week later
#3370 1 year ago

Trying to gathering up a little money to put into one of the cars,
so this week I went through the Flying Chariots. It's too bad
the cabinet's been painted. The rest is pretty nice.
I had this machine stored for years, and never realized it
had a plexi backglass..

IMG_1284 (resized).JPGIMG_1284 (resized).JPGIMG_1289 (resized).JPGIMG_1289 (resized).JPG
#3374 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeO:

The plexi backglass means the art is usually perfect, no flaking. Nice.

Yes, the backglass is nice along with the playfield.
When I have a glass made, as long as it's thicker
than 1/8", I have the artwork put on plexi..

#3375 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

While the artwork on this game is pretty cool,
I never liked the game play.

Yea, not a game that will be in the collection.
If a multi-player doesn't have at least "Same
Player Shoots Again', it's generally not in the
game room, although it does play pretty fast,
so I'm sure someone won't mind it in their rec
room..

2 weeks later
#3419 11 months ago
Quoted from brobra:

Finally got what I wanted

A 100% Gottlieb classic.

#3437 11 months ago

I have a Ball Bowler in the local American Legion, and they recently asked
if I could put in a pinball, so last week I went through the Swing Along.
It's actually not a bad player.
This morning I brought the (old aged original) Score Card to the Print
Shop to be remade.

IMG_1297 (resized).JPGIMG_1297 (resized).JPG
#3439 11 months ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

It such a nice looking game. Cool artwork and coloring.

Yes, it has nice coloring and brings out a lively and happy atmosphere.
This is one exception where someone adding a post (between the flippers)
was a good idea. It made the game a much better player making
it more realistic to be able to get a high enough score to get a Replay..

2 weeks later
#3484 11 months ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

I gather there is no existing replacement for that thermometer ribbon reel ?

Years back, a ribbon like such was broken on one of
my 1967 Williams Kick Off. I showed it to a Friend that
worked at a machine shop, and he was able to get that
matarial (or material just like it), and attached the football
in the proper position on the strap, and it worked fine.
The only thing, I never painted it green. When I get them
both out again for shopping, I'll paint the silver one green..

4 weeks later
#3544 10 months ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

I reset the game to no avail. I performed the recommended relay "start reset' also to no avail.

What's going on with your machine? You drop a coin/push replay button,
and it doesn't fire and reset the game?

1 week later
#3563 9 months ago

Last month from the barn I brought in a couple Swing Alongs with one being a borderline parts machine
figuring I'd be making one good from the two. After going through the first one (and then placing it in the
local American Legion), I found it to be not a bad player, so I rounded up some used parts from the barn,
bought a couple new coils, and saved this from being strictly for parts.
My Graphic Designer recreated the decals for the Spinners, along with the backglass.
For only coming from a photo she had taken from the 1st Swing Along's glass (and not being digitized), the
backglass came out very decent. A huge improvement over this ones original..
Edit: if anyone noticed, I ran out of 1" rubbers, thus the right Flipper's still needs to be changed.
Today I once again ordered 100 (a better price per 100)

IMG_1337 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_1337 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_1341 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_1341 - Copy (resized).JPG

#3567 9 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Ive been in the hobby awhile and every time i pick up a parts machine, i end up restoring it and making a whole game again.

Been there many times. Maybe a restoration thread may go over..

2 weeks later
#3597 9 months ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Got it and Bowling Queen up near Chicago.

Check out how badly this glass faded...

Last year I traded an Olympics to someone near Chicago.
It came with a new backglass in the box. His name is Tony.
I have an original Square Head glass that has that one beat
as far as faded. It's literally black and white. I'll be going through
it eventually. I'll have to dig it out and take a pic..

#3602 9 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Good original "Square Head" backglasses are hard to come by.
I've seen some pretty horrible ones myself.

The Square Head was only a couple rows in with the head facing outward.
I had this machine quite a few years, but it must have been in the sun (or
something) much of its early life. This glass may have stayed pretty decent
if it hadn't been exposed to something that made such a change to the colors..
It's solid, but the cabinet's faded much also, but I do remember it having a
nice playfield, and I've had a new repro backglass waiting for it in the spare
bedroom..

IMG_1344 (resized).JPGIMG_1344 (resized).JPGIMG_1345 (resized).JPGIMG_1345 (resized).JPG
#3604 9 months ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Don't let Ken Head see that Team One

By any chance was that game located on Mercury? That's some serious fading now...

Haha! Actually, he already has asked me about one. I let him know that I couldn't break
up the true Wow Series (Bank Shot - Rock Star). I had to hang on to it. He's almost making
it so having a Team One is pretty rare..
Back in the mid-90s, I traded a woodrail for the Square Head to a Friend. He had it in a line up
(no windows), and that's the state it was in. Before then, something did something to everything
but the playfield..

1 week later
#3621 9 months ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

My Pit Stop's ADVANCE bumper cap is cooked to a crisp. Time to get creative and paint a new bumper cap.

Nice work! And another way I had it done is have my vinyl Graphic Designer
cut out the letters, and apply them on top of the blank caps. The last I had done
was the 4 that go on the Williams Add a Ball (Skill Ball)..

IMG_1346 (resized).JPGIMG_1346 (resized).JPGIMG_1347 (resized).JPGIMG_1347 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#3660 8 months ago

I picked up this 2nd Bow & Arrow a good 15 years ago (maybe closer to 20), and had
it out in 3 or 4 different places since, and figured it could use a good freshening up, so
the last couple weeks (on rainy days) I gave her a full tune up. Now plays fast, no more
dim lights, and she's once again ready for action. It's been a nice machine to have out..

IMG_1350 (resized).JPGIMG_1350 (resized).JPG
#3666 8 months ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Looking forward to getting this back to life. I love the colors and artwork on this Gottlieb Surf Side.

Very nice looker!
Even though the chances are super slim, I keep and eye out for a Sea Side,
but most certainly would pick up a Surf Side. Surf Side has a "Same Player
Shoots Again", which for me myself is a huge plus..

#3672 8 months ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Is there supposed to be a lamp shield for these 2 bulbs?

If yours is missing, good chance Steve (PBR) has one.
All the Gottlieb Ferris Wheel Roto Target machines that
I'm aware of had them..

1 week later
#3715 8 months ago

Rain is in the forecast, so I thought I'd dig out and bring in the 2 Top Hands. I was thinking both
center plastics on those machines were okay, but not on one of them. I'm pretty sure I already
know the answer but I'd figure I'd ask. These have never been reproduce, have they?

IMG_1354 (resized).JPGIMG_1354 (resized).JPG
#3721 8 months ago
Quoted from AlexF:

They did Klondike/Yukon reel cover. If you can find one it may work in a pinch.

Damn! That's most likely why I was thinking both on Top Hand were okay. I had 2
Yukon Specials (still have one), and those were the 2 that both had good center plastics.
There's a little camp fire gathering here this Saturday night. Someone that works at
a plastic mold forming company should be here. I'll check with him. Just need the plexi
(I'll recommend lexan) molded. My Graphic Designer can take care of the art..

#3722 8 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Reach out to Chris Zumwalt in Texas. He might be able to find a scanned file and run you off two or three.

Okay, Thanks! I suck with this laptop, but I'll see if I can find him..

1 week later
#3747 8 months ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

owned since 1971

Wow! Been in the hobby a while..

#3778 8 months ago

On and off for the past couple of weeks, I've been working on a Top Hand.
The playfield was pretty filthy. I took the pic after going through the mechanics
and rebuilding the Thumpers, so it's clean around them. Overall, it turned out okay..
A little darker gray I liked, so that's what I went with for the legs and coin door.
For a mid 60s game, she's a snappy little player..

IMG_1357 (resized).JPGIMG_1357 (resized).JPGIMG_1358 (resized).JPGIMG_1358 (resized).JPGIMG_1359 (resized).JPGIMG_1359 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#3800 7 months ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

Finally digging in on a 1956 United shuffle alley

What's the shuffle's title, Handicap?

#3804 7 months ago

Since my Graphic Designer recently completed Hayride's backglass, I'll be bringing
in the lower cabinet in the game room also, and will be going through it once the colder
weather comes in. This was done only from an image, not digitizing, so it's not quite as
crisp as silkscreen, but better than using the original..
She also recreated the right sling's plastic which came out pretty decent. The rest
of the plastics are fine..

IMG_1371 (resized).JPGIMG_1371 (resized).JPGIMG_1372 (resized).JPGIMG_1372 (resized).JPGIMG_1373 (resized).JPGIMG_1373 (resized).JPG
#3813 7 months ago
Quoted from autosight780:

About to begin on this rare bird

That playfield looks pretty nice!

#3814 7 months ago

The last couple days were hot, humid, rainy, or all 3, so I went through the Extra Inning.
It turns out last Winter the original head was being dripped on from a small leak. It got
to the (what was a) nice backglass also, so I had to use the spare head I had. The head
and glass aren't in' the best of shape, but was fortunate just to have an extra..

IMG_1381 (resized).JPGIMG_1381 (resized).JPGIMG_1382 (resized).JPGIMG_1382 (resized).JPG
#3817 7 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Extra Inning needs Extra Love!

Yea. That extra head was lovely to have.
Just a year or so ago, I sold my 2nd one and kept this one, because
at the time, this one was a little nicer.
Although I have a pretty decent Home Run, if another Extra Inning
pops up (somewhat locally) with a good head and decent backglass,
I may try trading it in. I think I have all the early 70s AAB Wedge Head
baseball theme pins. This Extra Inning being the worse condition one
of the 4. I think 4. Batter Up, Extra Inning, Home Run, and World Series,
right?

2 weeks later
#3837 6 months ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

Gottlieb Double-Shuffle from 1949

I'm not sure how rare D.S. is, but years back, Dave Silverman was lacking only
a couple of the Gottlieb woodrails, with D.B. being one of them. Back then being
primarily into Wedge Heads, I traded him for my 1st Flipper Cowboy.
The glass was missing a chunk from the upper left corner. My Graphic Designer
reproduced the glass. This was before I had a digital camera. It came out nice.
Wish I had pics..

#3854 6 months ago

Finished up an AAB version Bally Gold Rush.

IMG_1406 (resized).JPGIMG_1406 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#3893 6 months ago

I took the Hay-Ride out of storage a couple months back, and this past
week I spent quite some time on her. A few more trial games, and she'll
be heading for the lineup.
Years back, this one was a true barn find..

IMG_1453 (resized).JPGIMG_1453 (resized).JPG

#3895 6 months ago
Quoted from clodpole:

what better game to find in a barn?

Good point, and on top of that, it had no
playfield glass, and was covered with hay..

#3910 5 months ago
Quoted from Fast400:

Well, here goes...1979 Rock Star

Looking nice! What's its serial number?

1 week later
#3926 5 months ago

I had this stored away for many years. I don't mind machines showing its age,
but this one will need an entire body fill and paint job, and like the Rifle Gallery,
it'll be getting a new backdoor.
The artwork is okay on the target unit but warped. I've flatten plastics with 2
sheets of glass and sun, but has anyone flatten any on masonite (or whatever
this material is)?
Many labels are missing or unreadable. If anyone has a Bally Marksman, please
let me know..

IMG_1462 (resized).JPGIMG_1462 (resized).JPGIMG_1463 (resized).JPGIMG_1463 (resized).JPGIMG_1464 (resized).JPGIMG_1464 (resized).JPG
#3930 5 months ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Now that looks like a project.
Good Luck!

Thanks, and all was going well, then found on one relay, the blades were
broken at the solder joints. I almost could use another Marksman to compare
and make up another relay..
The one I once had and never should have let go was Midway's Deluxe
Shooting Gallery. That's the one I once again have an eye out for..

#3938 5 months ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Possible that the switch on the round copper wafer needs to be bent a bit to reduce the tension?

I wouldn't think too much pressure is coming from the wiper contact.
Maybe the 9th position switch, but when I have a similar problem, I
Lemon Pledge the plunger, the gear hole (with a Q-Tip), the axle it
rides on, pretty much all moving parts. Polishing the plunger alone
can make the difference..

1 week later
#3964 5 months ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

Cutting them to the right width was the hardest part.

Nice work! Looks like a Handicap Shuffle.
My 1st machine and still playing fine in
the same spot for 32 years. Have many
fun memories with that machine..

#3973 5 months ago

A few years back, I traded in an EM Joker Poker.
I'm thinking he wasn't an EM Tech. After going through
it, I realized why he was willing to trade it for a Flipper
Clown. It turned out that it had a burned out Bridge
Rectifier,which in turn burned out all the caps, dios, ect.
and Digikey Electronics helped identifying and sending
me all I needed. Compared to Automotive stores, ect.,
good prices on glass fuses also..

1 week later
#3996 4 months ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Anyway at least it's a very cool game to have in the gameroom for a bit.

Very good game. A Friend has both All Star Bowler and United's Midget Alley.
The Midget might be worth much more, but playability wise, I'd take the All Star
any day..
Before I played one, twice I had a chance to pick one up. I Now have an eye out
for one..

#4000 4 months ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Suprised there doesn't seem to be a source for replacement pins?

Those are 6" pins, right? I think 8" (or 8.5") pins were produced,
but I haven't heard of any 6" being reproduced either..

#4009 4 months ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

my brother thought he should join in on the fun and got this 1949 United Shuffle Alley Express.

Nice! It has to be one of the very 1st shuffles with 6" pins.
I have the 1st shuffle made (it's a single player United) and
has 4" pins. It's actually my 2nd one. I went the through the
1st one and was pretty surprised that it scored regulation.
The puck didn't rebound. It rolled back underneath on end.
Do you know yet if the Express does the same and score regulation?

#4011 4 months ago

Oh, they're 4" pins. It has to be the very same area as the United's Shuffle Alley which is
known to be the 1st Shuffle produced, and that I've seen with (I believe) lit pins instead
of a pin deck. Both mine had pin decks. The 1st one I had must had been one of the very
1st made. Instead of a coffin top, it had a wooden lane that screwed down. Should had found
a space for it. It was in very nice shape..
Another I have I have stored is a 1950 Gottlieb Bowlette. I believe that also scores regulation.
Yes, it was 1955 when the 1st multi-player shuffle came out that scored regulation..

1 month later
#4054 83 days ago
Quoted from Vintage-Pinball:

Just got this very nice WMS Nags drunning nicely again

Nags was rated as the Top EM from the 60s. It may still be..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 51.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
1,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 12.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mopar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-you-working-on-right-now?tu=mopar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.