IMG_1657 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1658 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1656 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1655 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1858 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_1851 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tonup69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#540 4 years ago

Just picked up a nice functional Star-Jet. Just a few minor things to fix for it to be in fully working condition. One thing I am doing now is replacing all of these rusty lamp sockets on the playfield (which keeps burning out 10amp fuses). Also, the multiball function is not working - balls lock, but won't unlock (kicker not kicking). Cosmetics are pretty good for such a rare bird.

Rusty_Lamo (resized).jpgRusty_Lamo (resized).jpgStarJet_2020 (resized).jpgStarJet_2020 (resized).jpg
#556 4 years ago

Just picked up a nice functional Star-Jet. Just a few minor things to fix for it to be in fully working condition. One thing I am doing now is replacing all of these rusty lamp sockets on the playfield (which keeps burning out 10amp fuses). Also, the multiball function is not working - balls lock, but won't unlock (kicker not kicking). Cosmetics are pretty good for such a rare bird.

Quoted from Mopar:

Nice pick up! Good player when playing a 2 player game..

Thanks for the pic, just got the schematic in the mail today! Now I need to find the relays. Any chance you have a guide to where they are in the cabinet? My Williams machine has a Workshop Manual that I found (helps a lot). Anything like that for Bally machines?

#562 4 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Your bottom board is missing it's Relay Labels? How about the Head's?
I believe most if not all of mine are there. If that's what you'd like, I can
take pics tomorrow..

Inside the cabinet the labels are covered in dirt. Even if they weren’t, they are so close together that they are hard to read. Trying to make myself a reference chart so I can track down the kicker and target relays. Photos would help!

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

A lot of these are on Inkochnito site and if they're not you can send the pictures to him along with the measurements of the card/strips and he will make them up and add them to his site.

Using the info from "MOPAR" I was able to make up a relay map. This is what I needed.

Relays (resized).pngRelays (resized).png
#575 4 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

Good to see another Star Jet survived. Is the Playfield really bad, or is there just schmutz on the top glass? More pics, please.

By your command....

Cabinet has some structural issues and the head needs to be rebuilt. Game plays OK, just minor things to fix.

StarJet_2020 (resized).jpgStarJet_2020 (resized).jpgPlay (resized).jpgPlay (resized).jpgGlass (resized).jpgGlass (resized).jpgHood (resized).jpgHood (resized).jpgcabinet (resized).jpgcabinet (resized).jpg
#591 4 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

It was more of a request.... I said please
Thanks for posting these.
Too bad the PF has so much paint loss, that will tough to bring back. Beyond my skills anyway. If you do decide to do some restoration, PBR should have the correct bumper caps and target faces. Shay made a repro BG a few years ago, but I don't know if there any available anywhere. I think a lot of people bought these for display, since the artwork is so iconic. Let me know if I can help.

Thanks. I am already on it. I ordered the correct bumper caps (on the way) and fixed the playfield short - had to replace all of the rusty lamp sockets. I know the BG is available, but don't want to spend too much on this one in case I decide to sell it or partial trade for the tropical theme games I am into - Paradise , Hula-Hula , Tropic Isle , Hawaiian Beauty , Hawaiian Isle , etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 51.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
1,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 12.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tonup69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-you-working-on-right-now?tu=Tonup69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.