20240414_123040 (resized).jpg
20240414_122939 (resized).jpg
20240414_122952 (resized).jpg
20240414_122714 (resized).jpg
20240414_122838 (resized).jpg
20240414_122811 (resized).jpg
20240414_122854 (resized).jpg
IMG_1657 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RC_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#146 4 years ago

Been working on my Argosy with the help of a buddy. He's more versed in EM games. Took it from constant reset to playing almost 100%. Now the remaining issue is the bonus doesn't seem to be counting correctly. I'm getting better at reading schematics.

2 months later
#436 4 years ago

Finished up a couple issues on my Old Chicago and that looks done, fingers crossed. Cleaned my gummed up bonus unit on Argosy. It is now giving the correct bonus. Last thing on it is the drops sometimes get pushed too high and can't be dropped by hitting them. I've tried adding longer coil sleeves and washers to limit the travel of the plungers, but it still happens, though not every time like when I got the game. Anyone have an Argosy and could take some pics of their drop bank? Or any tips? Worn targets or parts of the mech?

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

I recently had one drop do that on my Hot Tip EM. Upon inspection, I found that the horizontal foot at the bottom of that drop had broken off, so there was nothing to limit how high the coil pushed it up. I used epoxy and, after more than one attempt, I managed to glue the foot back in place without removing the drop from its assembly.

Hmmm. I'll give them a closer inspection. They all do it, but not at the same time. Basically, the target goes so far up, the little copper horseshoe hangs on the lip instead of the intended plastic ridge.

#456 4 years ago

Wanted to ask here about LEDs in EMs. I have frosted warm white LEDs in my GI on my EMs. Haven't done the controlled lamps yet since I don't have any non ghosting and the regulars flicker when coils are activated. Are non ghosting worth it and do they really work or should I stick with 47's in the controlled lamps?

#475 4 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Water damaged/rotted cabinet - Bank A Ball rescue/restore
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love how you're only replacing the needed section and keeping the cab mostly original wood.

#476 4 years ago

Captain Fantastic comes into the basement tomorrow to get a once over. Once it is stable, I'll do the normal shop job. Tear down, posts soaked, metal tumbled, etc. 3rd EM in the collection as well as the 3rd Kmiec game.

#490 4 years ago

Got Capt. Fantastic downstairs this weekend. All cleaned up and waiting on a drop target reset coil for it to be back up and running. It was cooked. Got the game for a great deal because it was popping the 10 amp fuse upon game start. Found the reason to be a dead short on that coil. The main fuse block was hacked up into what looked like a fire hazard. Fixed that and waiting on the coil and a few other parts. All pop bodies and skirts were cracked and chipped up.

IMG_20200321_211026628 (resized).jpgIMG_20200321_211026628 (resized).jpgIMG_20200323_003231335 (resized).jpgIMG_20200323_003231335 (resized).jpg
#499 4 years ago

Put in my parts order with Steve today. All 3 pop bumper bodies were blown out and all 4 Bally logo lane guides were cracked. Sir Elton John will be back to playing status by week's end barring unforeseen shipping issues.

IMG_20200323_225322716 (resized).jpgIMG_20200323_225322716 (resized).jpg
#532 4 years ago

Got Captain fantastic cosmetically good to go. I've been researching the issue I'm having. Right now it plays a single player game just fine. If I put 2 players in, the game goes through all 4 players but doesn't get past ball one. So, if I put any number of players other than one, it goes through player 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 ball 1. Then it stays on player 4 ball 1 forever. I've searched and done the fixes others have said and can't get it worked out. Ugh. I really didn't wanna post this. Wanted to get it on my own.

Thanks
RC

1 week later
#661 4 years ago

I have 2 Bally EM games. Old Chicago and Capt. Fantastic. They were both produced in 76, with Capt. coming out first. I have a question about the behavior seeing as they are both late model EMs from Bally, but have different behaviors.

Old Chicago will only put 5 maximum credits on the credit unit. You can keep clicking the coin switch, but no more credits will be added. Capt. Fantastic will let you keep adding credits until the wheel is maxed (I think 25 is max).

If you add a credit, during a game, Capt. Fantastic goes to game over, no matter where in the game you were or what player was up. Old Chicago will accept the credit and play on.

Not sure if this is correct or if one of them is not working right or both?

*I know I can rig free play, but I like to drop coins in my games.

#663 4 years ago
Quoted from Pedleboy:

Right before the lockdown I picked up a original owner, HUO Jungle Queen. It was purchased for a husband in early '78 and was never moved from the room it was originally set up in. It is so amazingly clean with zero wear anywhere on the playfield. I'm going through and cleaning all the mechs now. My first EM! So excited.
D.

Great game. I'm on the lookout for one, as well. Congrats on finding such a nice one.

#666 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

There is probably a pin on the credit wheel that can be removed (unscrewed) and moved to a different spot on the wheel gear shaft to allow more credits to be won or paid, some operators were stingy or afraid of some pinball wizard, raping their games. That pin acts as a stop for more credits, to probably open some switch which disables the credit unit from adding more.

Thanks. I'll compare the 2 credit units for that pin position. Sounds like one anomaly solved.

#668 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

There is probably a pin on the credit wheel that can be removed (unscrewed) and moved to a different spot on the wheel gear shaft to allow more credits to be won or paid, some operators were stingy or afraid of some pinball wizard, raping their games. That pin acts as a stop for more credits, to probably open some switch which disables the credit unit from adding more.

That was it. Little metal pin can be screwed into one of four options. 5, 10, 15 and 25 credits. Moved that to the 25 option and Old Chicago goes all the way to the end of the credit wheel. One mystery solved.

Thanks.

#684 4 years ago
Quoted from fingersport:

By the way pretty sure Old Chicago came out a couple of months before Capt Fantastic. I worked in a large arcade at the time and I remember opening up the box of a Capt after the arcade closed for the night. Old Chicago had already been their for a while. Mr. Pinball price guide has Old Chicago coming out April of 76 and Capt Fantastic coming out June of 76. Aladdin's Castle (4155) and a early version of Freedom (100) (4980) came in between Old Chicago (7155) and Capt fantastic (15,440). Between April and July maybe into August Bally produced around 32 thousand pinball's. That factory must have been goin full tilt. A side note. Capt Fantastic was my first new in the box pin. After playing the one in the arcade I had to have one. The arcade was called Gizmo's. It was the largest arcade in a shopping mall at the time. A couple of years after Gizmo's opened a arcade somewhere in California took the top spot. All the games Bally made during this time where great.

You are correct. I mixed up the timeline even after double checking IPDB. I wonder if the game ending upon a credit being added was a feature they added or if Capt. is malfunctioning. It also doesn't seem to work when setting the credits per coin correctly either.

Great story about getting NIB Capt. Fantastic. The most produced EM ever.

#688 4 years ago
Quoted from fingersport:

By the way pretty sure Old Chicago came out a couple of months before Capt Fantastic. I worked in a large arcade at the time and I remember opening up the box of a Capt after the arcade closed for the night. Old Chicago had already been their for a while. Mr. Pinball price guide has Old Chicago coming out April of 76 and Capt Fantastic coming out June of 76. Aladdin's Castle (4155) and a early version of Freedom (100) (4980) came in between Old Chicago (7155) and Capt fantastic (15,440). Between April and July maybe into August Bally produced around 32 thousand pinball's. That factory must have been goin full tilt. A side note. Capt Fantastic was my first new in the box pin. After playing the one in the arcade I had to have one. The arcade was called Gizmo's. It was the largest arcade in a shopping mall at the time. A couple of years after Gizmo's opened a arcade somewhere in California took the top spot. All the games Bally made during this time where great.

Cleaning 2 switches on the credit relay and game over relay resolved the issue where adding a credit in game would end it. Woot.

3 months later
#1077 3 years ago

I'll be starting work on my newly acquired Jungle Queen this week. First Gottlieb EM. Love this game, so I'm eager to get her up and going.

#1086 3 years ago

She's on legs. Cabinet cleaned up, coin door cleaned up. Legs derusted and shined up. Now I gotta go through the steppers and relays systematic Shaggy style.

IMG_20200806_221320458 (resized).jpgIMG_20200806_221320458 (resized).jpg
#1106 3 years ago

Still leisurely making my way through the stepper units in Jungle Queen.

IMG_20200812_220553663 (resized).jpgIMG_20200812_220553663 (resized).jpgIMG_20200812_221110080 (resized).jpgIMG_20200812_221110080 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1143 3 years ago

Waiting on a parts order to complete Jungle Queen. She became 100% functional today. Well, 99%. The credit wheel will not subtract credits. It will add them fine, but when starting a game the credit number stays the same. Will have to dig into that on the schematics.

#1147 3 years ago

This is as far as I can populated until my bulbs get here. Got the credit unit issue resolved as well.

IMG_20200820_154840103 (resized).jpgIMG_20200820_154840103 (resized).jpgIMG_20200820_235035594 (resized).jpgIMG_20200820_235035594 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#1472 3 years ago

Any multiplayer gottliebs use the Abra Ca Dabra layout? I know the El Dorado layout is used acrossed many games. I like the layout but don't want to own any single player games.

Thanks,
RC

#1475 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

El Dorado City of Gold is what you need

Thanks for the reply. I may not have been clear. I would like to find a multiplayer version of Abra Ca Dabra's playfield, if one exists.

1 year later
#2547 2 years ago

I've been acquiring EMs faster than I can fix them. I have Aztec, Big Brave and King Tut in the queue, currently.

6 months later
#2965 1 year ago

About to start on a friend's Prospector. This will be my first Sonic repair attempt.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

1,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Baldwinsville, NY
$ 51.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RC_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-you-working-on-right-now?tu=RC_like_the_cola and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.