IMG_1657 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1658 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1656 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1655 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1858 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_1851 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AlexF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

A mystery pic for the initiated...[quoted image]

Skill Roll?

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

I agree. Definitely a skill roll. Really want one of theses.

They are awesome. Had one for 14 years. Didn't sell it because I got tired of it...

1 week later
#95 4 years ago

4 Aces. My first. The one that put my pinball addiction in motion.

1 week later
#138 4 years ago

One ball in add-a-ball games. 5 ball push-up games have a trough window to see balls played. AAB doesn't.

3 months later
#493 4 years ago

Double Barrel wasn't originally a mod cabinet pin. At least as far as I'm aware. Supposedly they went back to the square cabinet with Ten Spot. The game produced before Double Barrel. Anyway the cab is cool and of the right era.

1 month later
#866 3 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

What's the car in the background there "Mopar"? Looks nice! Wash that rascal!
BTW - got the new backglass in from Shay for the Slick Chick It is beautiful! Amazing job! Actually bought two off of Shay - one for my 1961 Double Barrel and one for the Slick Chick. Both were delivered within 3 days of payment and they both look great! Hat's off to another backglass producer!
[quoted image][quoted image]

You got a Double Barrel glass from Shay? Did he reproduce them?

4 months later
#1277 3 years ago

It has to be a Pitch and Bat. He has World Series listed in his collection. That has to be it.

2 weeks later
#1344 3 years ago

Slowly working on this Ship Ahoy. It's taking me forever as I'd rather play than work on them.

ShipAhoy (resized).JPGShipAhoy (resized).JPG
#1351 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadekid-51:

Ok thanks, wow i thought it would be worth a lot more.

Actually that one on Ebay isn't too bad a price. You see them listed for a lot more. Not sure what a realistic average is but it's a game with some great features.
There are only a handful of games that have all of the following
woodrail cab
running man unit
ramps with over the fence homerun
2 player
multiple pitch options

3 months later
#1598 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

What about those sixties Williams games which used those big coin mechs? All single chute, and designed to accept nickels, dimes, or quarters.

Yeah, pretty neat. The coin mech is so large they had to drop the cabinet front to accommodate.

image-8 (resized).jpgimage-8 (resized).jpg
#1601 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

Wow! Any chance we could see some more pics?

Not my game. The pic is from the IPDB. Here's one from an 8-ball that shows the actual mech.

image-41 (resized).jpgimage-41 (resized).jpg
10 months later
#2313 2 years ago

Cleaning up this Team One sample game. AX relay was being a fussy bastard but I'll dial that in once I get it put back together.

TeamOneField (resized).jpgTeamOneField (resized).jpg
9 months later
#2966 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

About to start on a friend's Prospector. This will be my first Sonic repair attempt.

Basically like working on a Williams. You'll be fine.

2 months later
#3139 1 year ago

I have had this one for almost a year. Ugh I just don't enjoy working on this stuff anymore. Had a little time lately. A good time to dig in and start to get it cleaned up a bit.

PleasureIsleC (resized).jpgPleasureIsleC (resized).jpg
2 months later
#3293 1 year ago

I've had a few ball bowlers but only one ever got set up in my basement. It was the only game my youngest daughter would venture down to play.

It was a ton of fun but my game room is only 364 sq ft. Having a bowler ate up a ton of precious real estate. So it was a real compromise having it down there. I still struggle with the idea. Is it as fun as having a small row of pins? Maybe?

1 month later
#3449 11 months ago

Slowly working on Neptune. Super slowly. Not because I'm HEP thorough but because finally some decent weather to be distracted by.

NeptunePlayfield (resized).jpgNeptunePlayfield (resized).jpg
2 months later
#3631 8 months ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

My Pit Stop's ADVANCE bumper cap is cooked to a crisp. Time to get creative and paint a new bumper cap.
The original is scanned, vectored, and die cut.
[quoted image]
Using transfer tape, the stencil is placed on the new bumper cap. Note the condition of the original.
[quoted image]
Masked and ready for paint.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The text came out well all things considered. This should get some acrylic sealer before going into use. The additional cap is shipping back to Jackaltr for his Pit Stop.
[quoted image]

Would you consider selling me one of those resto'd Pit Stop caps?

2 weeks later
#3719 8 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

That's a tricky one. It would have to be vacuum formed. Years ago, Pinball Rescue was taking requests for individual plastics that they should reproduce. I nominated this one, but I they apparently never made it.

They did Klondike/Yukon reel cover. If you can find one it may work in a pinch.

#3726 8 months ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

Here's an interesting question for the EM crowd. Working on my Moulin Rouge EM. Coin door stickers were red text on silver foil. I can find other examples of MRs with this sticker, yet all the reproductions of this sticker are silver text on red backdrop. Has anyone ever reproduced the red text version?
[quoted image]
Repro:
https://www.stl-bb.com/shop/williams-coin-box-sticker-set/

I can find any online with a silver foil decal. I suspect that was added when the coin door was repainted. I'd go with the red. Otherwise you may have to have something made.

#3728 8 months ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

I thought the same, but my coin door was never repainted (the above photo was from another machine with the same sticker). If there was any interest in the red text on silver I'd consider doing a small run but the cost for just my machine is prohibitive.

Ah gotcha. Interesting. Hard to know how much demand there would be for the alternate version. It always feels good to restore to original but I'm guessing most won't know the difference.

Edit: Never mind I just saw your restore thread. Crazy and patient attention to detail. I bet the red decal would look fine but drive you nuts. Ha ha.

1 week later
#3760 8 months ago

O-din read your post and responded with this:

Nice!

"The 1 Lap award is not a full lap but rather completes the current lap. For example if your car is on the 9th space you are only awarded 1 space. I read somewhere you might be able to double up on this if your ball rolled up and back down tripping the rollover twice. With EM score motor speeds this seems unlikely."

Answer- the closer you are to completing a lap when you roll up the left lane, the more likely you are to doubling up on the rollback on the way back down which seems to happen more often than not. It will also give an extra ball because extra ball is lit once a lap is completed and the spot on the track is at it's first position. And yes, my Pit Stop will never leave.

DSCN8227 (resized).JPGDSCN8227 (resized).JPG
3 months later
#3992 4 months ago

Working on this stuff has become my least favorite part of the hobby. Somehow I was talked into fixing this one for a friend. Ha ha. Anyway at least it's a very cool game to have in the gameroom for a bit.

All-Star (resized).jpgAll-Star (resized).jpg
#3997 4 months ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Very good game. A Friend has both All Star Bowler and United's Midget Alley.
The Midget might be worth much more, but playability wise, I'd take the All Star
any day..
Before I played one, twice I had a chance to pick one up. I Now have an eye out
for one..

I really like it. Suprised there doesn't seem to be a source for replacement pins?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

1,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 51.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AlexF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-you-working-on-right-now?tu=AlexF and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.