20240414_123040 (resized).jpg
20240414_122939 (resized).jpg
20240414_122952 (resized).jpg
20240414_122714 (resized).jpg
20240414_122838 (resized).jpg
20240414_122811 (resized).jpg
20240414_122854 (resized).jpg
IMG_1657 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 83.
#3451 11 months ago

1978 Gottlieb Gemini

Replay unit would decrement ALL credits on the credit wheel instead of just 1 credit on game start. I purchased this game out of Florida and it must have been operated by the beach based on the amount of rust on the mechanisms, with the credit unit no exception. While the unit’s themselves all look okay, the springs are all rusty and one broke on the credit unit. Quick check in the 1978 Gottlieb Parts Catalog revealed where the broken spring attached. Fortunately I had one in stock to replace the broken spring. Now credit unit only decrements 1 credit at a time as designed.

1972 Bally Fireball

Zipper Flippers not opening via mushroom bumpers or end of ball in play. Armature that allows flippers to open badly tweaked to compensate for an incorrect, underpowered, presumably in-the-field replacement coil. I did not have a correct coil so I decided to make this one work by tightening up the gap on the mb’s switches and associated relays. Now the flippers open as designed but would not stay closed. Uff Da.
I had to move the underpowered coil within the armature housing back to its previous position which allowed the flippers to stay in the closed position until mb’s or end of ball in play opened them. Now works as designed.

#3452 11 months ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Working on a Pro Pool that was a bit rough so doing a repaint. Under the original artwork is this King Pin.
[quoted image]

Here's the finished head-

20230513_153036 (resized).jpg20230513_153036 (resized).jpg
#3453 11 months ago

Ski Club, Wms AAB from 1965

#3454 11 months ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Here's the finished head-[quoted image]

Wow - nice work.

#3455 11 months ago

Just brought home a project Triple Strike for $100 and 5 hours of driving, It is in decent shape for the price

Ill be getting a lot of mileage out of Vid's guide on playfields. I want this guy clean and fast!

Triple Strike 1 (resized).jpgTriple Strike 1 (resized).jpgTriple Strike 2 (resized).jpgTriple Strike 2 (resized).jpg
#3456 11 months ago
Quoted from MrVern:

Just brought home a project Triple Strike for $100 and 5 hours of driving, It is in decent shape for the price
Ill be getting a lot of mileage out of Vid's guide on playfields. I want this guy clean and fast!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I saw that ad as well, had texted her that the price may be a bit too low. But glad you got it exactly what it was posted for. Killer deal!

Other than the flipper drag that playfield looks to be in very, very good shape. The good news is the flipper drag is pretty much in the yellow and not in the bare wood area. Fill it, sand it and some paint and it'll look great once again.

Congratz!

#3457 11 months ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Here's the finished head-[quoted image]

Wow (when lit). That looks great!
Crazy that the cabinet was originally painted for "King Pin".
And you're right; it can't be "Pin-Up", because "Pro Pool" was produced between "King Pin" and "Pin-Up".

#3458 11 months ago
Quoted from MrVern:

I remember that game brand-new in the local arcade. It plays very fast, probably due to the fact that most of the scoring is 10, 100, or 1000 points. This allowed faster play since the score motor wasn't needed to tally most of the points scored.

#3459 11 months ago
Quoted from Garrett:

I saw that ad as well, had texted her that the price may be a bit too low.

She heard that from more than one person, she still felt like it was a fair price for its condition. As suspected the tens reel was sticky and not resetting 100%.

The good news is I am not a typical flipper. The bonus countdown and chimes will keep it in my collection for a while. I'll be sending them photos and a thank-you note once it is looking nice! (maybe a gift card too)

Lots of cleaning and undoing some of the hackey repairs ahead, otherwise it is 100% playable right now.

#3460 11 months ago

Will be working on this 1949 Gottlieb Sharpshooter. I expect a lot of the work will be cleaning and rebuilding the mechanics. Playfield is in good shape and should clean up nicely. Came with a BGresto BG. This will be my oldest machine but hear it's a fun player.

Sharpshooter PF (resized).jpegSharpshooter PF (resized).jpegSharpshooter head BG (resized).jpegSharpshooter head BG (resized).jpeg
#3461 11 months ago

Leroy Parker art! Man, that's a pretty game.

#3462 11 months ago

The work on a GTB Globe Trotter woodrail continues - butchered, hacked and weird circuit issue oddities, never experienced a game refurb quite as rough as this one, especially for a very clean game. From failed plating on tons of switch tabs resulting in over two dozen re-soldered wires to the replacement of an old-style 10K relay to AG type, this game has been through the repair ringer. Replaced flipper axles with new style, replaced pop coils due to ALL copper sleeves being mangled. With the game on the rotisserie, 4 or 5 times back and forth to fix and test issues with the bank. Weird incorrect springs replaced on kickout and hole tray mechs. Despite the roadblocks, its been a lot of fun seeing this game close to its game play potential.

IMG_6238 (resized).jpgIMG_6238 (resized).jpgIMG_6239 (resized).jpgIMG_6239 (resized).jpgshow both (resized).jpgshow both (resized).jpgInstalled_2 (resized).jpgInstalled_2 (resized).jpg

#3463 11 months ago

Well, I had my Loop the Loop working perfectly except a few playfield lights. Somehow I managed to mess it up again while either fishing out a bulb I dropped or adjusting a wiper on the bonus unit. Great way to kill an hour or two. Ahhhh, the highs and lows of pinball repair.

#3464 11 months ago
Quoted from MrVern:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Triple Strike is a fun pin. Congrats on the find!

#3465 11 months ago

Finished Ice Revue. On to High Hand. Also getting ready to do a KISS cab repaint.

Just finished repairs on the High Hand cab and head and getting started in primer

20230515_162502 (resized).jpg20230515_162502 (resized).jpg20230515_162508 (resized).jpg20230515_162508 (resized).jpg20230515_162515 (resized).jpg20230515_162515 (resized).jpg20230517_164228 (resized).jpg20230517_164228 (resized).jpg20230517_164255 (resized).jpg20230517_164255 (resized).jpg20230518_112313 (resized).jpg20230518_112313 (resized).jpg20230518_163023 (resized).jpg20230518_163023 (resized).jpg20230518_163029 (resized).jpg20230518_163029 (resized).jpg

#3466 11 months ago

Working on some minor cabinet repairs IMG_4519 (resized).jpegIMG_4519 (resized).jpeg

Couple of questions:

1) To high tap or not to high tap? I was actually thinking about wiring in a double pole switch to be able to toggle between the two. If I rebuilt all the mechs, am I just asking for broken plastics?

2) The sheet metal protector on the bottom of the cab. I’m replacing the bottom. Is there any point in put it back on since it’s location days are over? Or should I sand it down to clean it up and slap it back on?

#3467 11 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Working on some minor cabinet repairs [quoted image]
Couple of questions:
1) To high tap or not to high tap? I was actually thinking about wiring in a double pole switch to be able to toggle between the two. If I rebuilt all the mechs, am I just asking for broken plastics?
2) The sheet metal protector on the bottom of the cab. I’m replacing the bottom. Is there any point in put it back on since it’s location days are over? Or should I sand it down to clean it up and slap it back on?

Why high tap... that game properly shopped does NOT need it.

#3468 11 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I didn't put mine back on when I did my EM Night Rider cabinet. It weighs a ton, required bolts that go thru the cabinet (which I filled in), and obscured the artwork at the bottom.
IMG_3742 (resized).jpgIMG_3742 (resized).jpgIMG_3754 (resized).jpgIMG_3754 (resized).jpgIMG_4027 (resized).jpgIMG_4027 (resized).jpg

#3469 11 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Working on some minor cabinet repairs [quoted image]

Mathazar I think he means this metal protector under the coin box area.

Metal Protector (resized).jpgMetal Protector (resized).jpg
#3470 11 months ago
Quoted from Skidave:

[quoted image]

Ah! You're probably right. If it cleans up nicely, I'd might actually put that one back on. That monstrosity on my EM NR had to go, tho.

#3471 11 months ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Ah! You're probably right. If it cleans up nicely, I'd might actually put that one back on. That monstrosity on my EM NR had to go, tho.

Yeah, I have one of those full bottom skins on my Air Aces. Someone kicked in the wood under the coin door at some point and that ugly thing was installed.

#3472 11 months ago
Quoted from Dono:

Why high tap... that game properly shopped does NOT need it.

I guess it is that as time has gone on, we expect games to play faster. That is why I was thinking toggle switch. Make it easy to go back and forth.

Quoted from Skidave:

[quoted image]

Exactly. Mine is somewhat corroded from the years it spent in a damp barn. The bottom ply was blown out and needed replacing, and the particleboard back is beyond salvage and needs replacement as well.

That said, it’s just a basic sheet with a round hole. I might be able to get a metal shop to make that for pretty cheep.

IMG_4515 (resized).jpegIMG_4515 (resized).jpeg
#3473 11 months ago

Just picked up these two.

5ED8958D-74C5-4D54-AFA6-F65A8923D1D7 (resized).jpeg5ED8958D-74C5-4D54-AFA6-F65A8923D1D7 (resized).jpeg
#3474 11 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Mine is somewhat corroded from the years it spent in a damp barn.
That said, it’s just a basic sheet with a round hole. I might be able to get a metal shop to make that for pretty cheep.[quoted image]

Sand it, paint it and move on. Don't waste effort on a new one because 1) no one sees it 2) no one cares 3) did I mention it is on the bottom.

#3475 11 months ago
Quoted from Skidave:

Sand it, paint it and move on. Don't waste effort on a new one because 1) no one sees it 2) no one cares 3) did I mention it is on the bottom.

Solid plan. This resto was a rusty neglected beast. It’ll be nice when I’m done, but she’ll never be the prom queen.

#3476 11 months ago

Adding all the text back after a complete repaint of the yellow on a trainwreck Surf Champ. Manually vectored all characters for a perfect match.

PXL_20230519_032138975.MP.jpgPXL_20230519_032138975.MP.jpgPXL_20230519_142057753.MP.jpgPXL_20230519_142057753.MP.jpgPXL_20230519_162634261.MP.jpgPXL_20230519_162634261.MP.jpgimage.pngimage.png
#3477 11 months ago

Finishing up on 2 Add-A-Ball machines. Bank Shot and Pin-Up. Both will be listed soon.

#3478 11 months ago

A_Bord that is cool about the text. Is there a tutorial somewhere how to do that?

#3479 11 months ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

Adding all the text back after a complete repaint of the yellow on a trainwreck Surf Champ. Manually vectored all characters for a perfect match.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m anxiously awaiting my Wade Krause repro surf champ playfield and I don’t even own the game. Great work!

#3480 11 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

A_Bord that is cool about the text. Is there a tutorial somewhere how to do that?

@danmarino, not completely. It's a combo of Vid's guide, the Silhouette Cameo thread, advice from sethbenjamin and @scottacus, and a lot of hard knocks. When I get closer to the finish line I'll do a restore thread and try to fill in some details. The more I do this the more I believe trying to recreate the screen printing process with stencils and airbrush is the best approach.

#3481 11 months ago

Loop the Loop in the lineup with everything working 100%. Good timing, new backglass arrived today.

Next task is to combine the 2 Screamos.

1684620629762472516529499009513 (resized).jpg1684620629762472516529499009513 (resized).jpg
#3482 11 months ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

DanMarino, not completely. It's a combo of Vid's guide, the Silhouette Cameo thread, advice from sethbenjamin and scottacus, and a lot of hard knocks. When I get closer to the finish line I'll do a restore thread and try to fill in some details. The more I do this the more I believe trying to recreate the screen printing process with stencils and airbrush is the best approach.

Well it's some nice work however you're doing it.

#3483 11 months ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

Just picked up these two.[quoted image]

Wow, a pair of highly sought after rarities ! I know someone who has had this game on his want list for a long time.

Related question: I gather there is no existing replacement for that thermometer ribbon reel ? If that part ever failed and could not be repaired, you'd have to go looking for a situation where one of these got parted out, which is unlikely.

#3484 11 months ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

I gather there is no existing replacement for that thermometer ribbon reel ?

Years back, a ribbon like such was broken on one of
my 1967 Williams Kick Off. I showed it to a Friend that
worked at a machine shop, and he was able to get that
matarial (or material just like it), and attached the football
in the proper position on the strap, and it worked fine.
The only thing, I never painted it green. When I get them
both out again for shopping, I'll paint the silver one green..

#3485 11 months ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

Just picked up these two.[quoted image]

Thinking these are the pair that were on eBay? Was seriously gonna pull the trigger on those just didn't care to have shipping from the West Coast. They didn't look to be in bad shape from the eBay pictures. Congratulations.

#3486 11 months ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Wow, a pair of highly sought after rarities ! I know someone who has had this game on his want list for a long time.
Related question: I gather there is no existing replacement for that thermometer ribbon reel ? If that part ever failed and could not be repaired, you'd have to go looking for a situation where one of these got parted out, which is unlikely.

there's one member on here that makes replacement ribbons but he's out of stock at the moment. the red part of the ribbon on the one machine i'm working on is in good shape but the white part is dirty which is probably the issue with most of these. going to get everything cleaned and working and then revisit this issue.

#3487 11 months ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Thinking these are the pair that were on eBay? Was seriously gonna pull the trigger on those just didn't care to have shipping from the West Coast. They didn't look to be in bad shape from the eBay pictures. Congratulations.

yep, these are the ones. i'd say they're both in fair shape and there weren't many pics provided but i took the risk because i'd been looking for one for years and i figured they were gonna go pretty quickly. both playfields are in really nice shape from a wear point of view but unfortunately one has mouse urine stains on the playfield so it's on the backburner for now till i get the other one cleaned up, cab repaint, etc. i expected to see a huge mess of chewed wires and corrosion everywhere when first looking in the cab but evidently the mice didn't get into there and chew everything up, it's actually surprisingly clean. ideally i'd put one of wade's repro playfields in one and replace the stained playfield with the good one for the other machine. last pic is of the other playfield.
IMG-0980 (resized).jpgIMG-0980 (resized).jpgIMG-0981 (resized).jpgIMG-0981 (resized).jpgIMG-0982 (resized).jpgIMG-0982 (resized).jpg

IMG-0983 (resized).jpgIMG-0983 (resized).jpg
#3488 11 months ago

done so far on C-37:
-waited till i had the pins before ordering Pinball Pimp stencils since they're almost 200 bones per set w/ shipping.
-ordered Montana paints for the cab graphics, not sure what white i'll use.
-completed disassembly and cleaning of 2 of the stepper units in the head minus the credit unit. first time i've seen a completely immobile stepper (ball count unit) with globs of solidified grease. cleaned all the score reel units and saw that the 10k unit had all but the top switch in the stack bent down and forced into the lowest slot of the plastic armature. that was intentionally done for some reason but i'm pretty much done with the head.
started on the playfield underside and installed flipper rebuild kits, soldered all the lamp sockets for better connectivity, put in non ghosting color correct LED's and warm white ones for the white inserts. the main issue is going to be the drop target bank-it's a little sluggish and looks like a pain to get to all the internals.

#3489 11 months ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

done so far on C-37:
-waited till i had the pins before ordering Pinball Pimp stencils since they're almost 200 bones per set w/ shipping.
-ordered Montana paints for the cab graphics, not sure what white i'll use.
-completed disassembly and cleaning of 2 of the stepper units in the head minus the credit unit. first time i've seen a completely immobile stepper (ball count unit) with globs of solidified grease. cleaned all the score reel units and saw that the 10k unit had all but the top switch in the stack bent down and forced into the lowest slot of the plastic armature. that was intentionally done for some reason but i'm pretty much done with the head.
started on the playfield underside and installed flipper rebuild kits, soldered all the lamp sockets for better connectivity, put in non ghosting color correct LED's and warm white ones for the white inserts. the main issue is going to be the drop target bank-it's a little sluggish and looks like a pain to get to all the internals.

Rustoleum Heirloom White is my go to for a Gottlieb em repaint if you are using rattle cans.

20230523_183429 (resized).jpg20230523_183429 (resized).jpg
#3490 11 months ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Rustoleum Heirloom White is my go to for a Gottlieb em repaint if you are using rattle cans.
[quoted image]

after doing some reading on here it looks like there's a few white colors that people prefer but i think i'm going to go with your recommendation. my Dimension cab was redone before i bought it and they did an outstanding job but the white is too bright.

#3491 11 months ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

after doing some reading on here it looks like there's a few white colors that people prefer but i think i'm going to go with your recommendation. my Dimension cab was redone before i bought it and they did an outstanding job but the white is too bright.

It's dark in the room in this picture, but you can see how it compares to the white topper color on my Dimension repaint from a few years ago.

20230524_190408 (resized).jpg20230524_190408 (resized).jpg
#3492 11 months ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

[quoted image]

That isn't the "Pro Pool" from this past Pinfest's flea market, is it?

#3493 11 months ago

here's my Dimension with the bright white cab paint which also demonstrates the results of a trigger happy webbing application, a can of montana pink panther and tiny can of kicking yellow.
this link shows a great drop target bank how-to of disassembly and reassembly:

IMG-1003 (resized).jpgIMG-1003 (resized).jpg
#3494 11 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

That isn't the "Pro Pool" from this past Pinfest's flea market, is it?

Nope, came from Midwest.

#3495 11 months ago

High Hand cab repaint

20230526_171625 (resized).jpg20230526_171625 (resized).jpg20230526_171637 (resized).jpg20230526_171637 (resized).jpg

#3496 11 months ago

hi guys. I need a Gottlieb A-4893 coil. it is the shooter coil on pro football. anyone have a spare? or know where I'd get one besides marco?

#3497 11 months ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

hi guys. I need a Gottlieb A-4893 coil. it is the shooter coil on pro football. anyone have a spare? or know where I'd get one besides marco?

Order from Pinball Resource (845) 473-7114

#3498 11 months ago

The slog continues. I replaced the back and bottom of the lower cabinet and made new trim around the head on my Space Mission. Unfortunately I’m going to have to chemically strip the paint off the cabinet because someone attempted a repaint with latex over the original paint, and sanding it just gums up the sanding pad. The good news was that the kick plate on the bottom of the cabinet cleaned up nicely and looks good.

IMG_4551 (resized).jpegIMG_4551 (resized).jpegIMG_4561 (resized).jpegIMG_4561 (resized).jpegIMG_4562 (resized).jpegIMG_4562 (resized).jpegIMG_4563 (resized).jpegIMG_4563 (resized).jpegIMG_4564 (resized).jpegIMG_4564 (resized).jpegIMG_4565 (resized).jpegIMG_4565 (resized).jpeg
#3499 11 months ago

Coming into the home stretch on my 1976 EM Night Rider restoration. Still lots of work to do on the head unit, but started reassembly of the finished cabinet. I stuck the empty head on for the pictures to get a full sense of the repaint. Working on cleaning the filthy score reels (all 16) and debating on if I want to strip and repaint the light board. Still have the coin door to tear apart and restore.

IMG_4101 (resized).jpgIMG_4101 (resized).jpgIMG_4102 (resized).jpgIMG_4102 (resized).jpgIMG_4103 (resized).jpgIMG_4103 (resized).jpgIMG_4104 (resized).jpgIMG_4104 (resized).jpgIMG_4105 (resized).jpgIMG_4105 (resized).jpgIMG_4106 (resized).jpgIMG_4106 (resized).jpgIMG_4107 (resized).jpgIMG_4107 (resized).jpgIMG_4108 (resized).jpgIMG_4108 (resized).jpgIMG_4109 (resized).jpgIMG_4109 (resized).jpgIMG_4110 (resized).jpgIMG_4110 (resized).jpgIMG_4111 (resized).jpgIMG_4111 (resized).jpg
#3500 11 months ago

Just finished my latest project game. Does anyone by chance have a doodle bug they'd be willing to part with ? I'd like to do a full restore on one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 51.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Baldwinsville, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Nashua, NH
$ 22.50
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

There are 4,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 83.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-you-working-on-right-now/page/70?hl=peruman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.