3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 367 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by ReallifePin
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 221 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_7285 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7283 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7280 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7276 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7271 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7272 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7265 (resized).JPG
    20200214_213323 (2) (resized).jpg
    20200214_213230 (resized).jpg
    20200214_213123 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200214_074402 (resized).jpg
    _8_Backglass (resized).jpg
    _7_Playfield (resized).jpg
    _6_Playfield (resized).jpg
    _10_Cabinet (resized).jpg
    _9_Cabinet (resized).jpg

There are 367 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
    #301 13 days ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

Finishing up this Ship Ahoy project today. Last thing are flaky bulb sockets I will work through.[quoted image]

I found the same issue on the Ship Ahoy I finished a few weeks ago. Faulty light sockets, specially on the ships wheel.

#302 13 days ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Bally light sockets suck.
    [quoted image]

Agree, just bite the bullet & replace them all.

#303 13 days ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Agree, just bite the bullet & replace them all.

They are awful on my Aladdin’s Castle. Wondering where I should look for replacement sockets. PBR?

#304 13 days ago
    Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

They are awful on my Aladdin’s Castle. Wondering where I should look for replacement sockets. PBR?

Yes, Steve has them. Improved Bally EM flipper parts too.

#305 13 days ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

Yes, Steve has them. Improved Bally EM flipper parts too.

Thanks. Going to be my next project.

#306 13 days ago

Working on a friend's Fast Draw. It has a few bugs and a load of bulbs out but I think it will turn out pretty nice. I've got the hardware tumbling and will work on getting the playfield cleaned up while I wait for some parts to get here.

IMG_20200202_174757_01 (resized).jpg
    #307 12 days ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

Finishing up this Ship Ahoy project today. Last thing are flaky bulb sockets I will work through.[quoted image]

Playfield looks gorgeous.

#308 12 days ago
    20200203_203603 (resized).jpg
    #309 12 days ago

I am feeling thirsty for some ginger ale

#310 11 days ago

Started work on this machine last night, this is the second Gottlieb machine I've worked on. So far there is no +25V coming out of the transformer so not getting very far but I have some things to try out recommended from the EM Tech post I started on the issue.

_1_First_Look (resized).jpg
    #311 11 days ago

Dixieland- New flippers, elastics, flipper bushing, playfield cleaning and wax

#312 11 days ago
    Quoted from Peruman:

Started work on this machine last night, this is the second Gottlieb machine I've worked on. So far there is no +25V coming out of the transformer so not getting very far but I have some things to try out recommended from the EM Tech post I started on the issue.[quoted image]

Want a second? My family is bored with it.

#313 11 days ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

Only if the transformer in mine is shot, hopefully it does not come to that.

#314 10 days ago

Currently working on a Stardust , almost complete. After that starting on an Aztec I picked up over the weekend.

#315 10 days ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

Interesting. Soccer is one of my favorites. I took it to a tournament and got too many offers to keep it but I wish I still had it.

#316 10 days ago
    Quoted from ReallifePin:

Interesting. Soccer is one of my favorites. I took it to a tournament and got too many offers to keep it but I wish I still had it.

It’s in excellent shape

#317 10 days ago
    Quoted from PBEarwood:

Currently working on a Stardust , almost complete. After that starting on an Aztec I picked up over the weekend.

Hope you post some pics of the Stardust. That was the first pin I ever played and I rarely see them. It was in a Holiday Inn near my school growing up in the mid 70s and we used to cut class to go play it and a table-top Pong video game.

#318 10 days ago
    Quoted from Peruman:

Only if the transformer in mine is shot, hopefully it does not come to that.

I have a transformer for it

#319 10 days ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

download (2) (resized).jpg
    #320 10 days ago
    Quoted from John_in_NC:

I have a transformer for it

John - PM sent

Thank you!

#321 10 days ago
    IMG_20200205_172751 (resized).jpgIMG_20200205_172817 (resized).jpgIMG_20200205_172830 (resized).jpg
    #322 10 days ago
    Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Hope you post some pics of the Stardust. That was the first pin I ever played and I rarely see them. It was in a Holiday Inn near my school growing up in the mid 70s and we used to cut class to go play it and a table-top Pong video game.

sea_wolf, I saw one for sale. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/692349694504329/

If you find yourself in the Indy area, hopefully I will have it out in public for play.

20190925_214922 (resized).jpg20191111_184734 (resized).jpg20191111_192501 (resized).jpg20200102_204237 (resized).jpg20200109_110945 (resized).jpg20200201_201431 (resized).jpg
    #323 10 days ago

Working on my ‘69 Op-Pop-Pop. Lots o work after digging out of a forgotten basement.

7FCB9194-0836-48D2-8898-0A5A141B9AB6 (resized).jpeg
    #324 10 days ago
    Quoted from PBEarwood:

sea_wolf, I saw one for sale. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/692349694504329/
    If you find yourself in the Indy area, hopefully I will have it out in public for play.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice. I get up to Indy quite a bit.

#325 10 days ago
    Quoted from Sgt_Trip:

Working on my ‘69 Op-Pop-Pop. Lots o work after digging out of a forgotten basement.[quoted image]

Ooo, Pointy people!!

#326 9 days ago

Just finished up this Skylab. It's going to a friend's house who loves the space theme. Last thing to go on it are black legs, for now I'm letting the kids run as many "test games" as needed.

Alberto

92C952C0-A5ED-430E-8AD1-A2FEE3C63297 (resized).jpeg
    #327 8 days ago
    Quoted from Peruman:

Just finished up this Skylab. It's going to a friend's house who loves the space theme. Last thing to go on it are black legs, for now I'm letting the kids run as many "test games" as needed.
    Alberto[quoted image]

Very nice! We’re picking up one of these tomorrow. I hope that it comes out as clean as yours. The backglass has some flaking in the blue area, so I’ll probably be learning the cellophane trick.

Dave

#328 8 days ago

I wish I was working on an EM right now, didn't find a worthy Project this year. Supply has dried up around these parts (except for overpriced "F" Titles).

#329 8 days ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

Just picked this up as a new personal project. Having never worked on a Bally em before, I have a few things to figure

Nice, I’ve refurbed 3 of them. Interesting games, just didn’t find them long term keepers.

#330 8 days ago
    Quoted from dgAmpGuy:

Very nice! We’re picking up one of these tomorrow. I hope that it comes out as clean as yours. The backglass has some flaking in the blue area, so I’ll probably be learning the cellophane trick.
    Dave

Dave

You are going to love working on this game. I got lucky with the cosmetics on mine. It’s a fun game to play too. Easier, but rewarding.

Alberto

#331 5 days ago

Latest Project, 1970 Gottlieb Baseball. Just starting to take it apart for cosmetic work after getting all electrical working, which was a challenge. Notice anything wrong with this picture though?

Baseball pre redo (resized).JPG
    #332 5 days ago

has 3" flippers rather than 2"

#333 5 days ago
    Quoted from illawarra92:

has 3" flippers rather than 2"

Yep, couldn't even bother to use Gottlieb Flippers either, just slapped on some Williams.

#334 5 days ago

em-pinman

The playfield and backglass look great!

Nice find

#335 5 days ago

My wife really wants something space themed. She really likes Skylab/Spacelab. How about you bring that to my house instead of your friends

#336 5 days ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

Latest Project, 1970 Gottlieb Baseball. Just starting to take it apart for cosmetic work after getting all electrical working, which was a challenge. Notice anything wrong with this picture though?[quoted image]

Was this the one with the giant hole in the bottom?

#337 5 days ago
    20200210_191740 (resized).jpg20200210_191749 (resized).jpg
    #338 5 days ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

Was this the one with the giant hole in the bottom?

Yep, front about 16" just gone on the bottom. Haven't fixed it yet. But to answer others, yes PF in really good shape, a little dirty even after having now cleaned it. But overall very good. Electrical was a mess, score reels were all out of adjustment, base relay's weren't working, at first had the typical score motor running forever at start, etc, etc. Backglass is interesting, someone before me triple thicked it just as it was starting to flake, but before too much damage, so looks interesting from the back, but good from the front and lights well. And yes, changing those flippers.

#339 4 days ago

Currently digging into this bally surfers + AAB kit. Just fixed all the scoring/ switch issues, the only remaining tech issue is a malfunctioning game over sequence, and then stripping it down for playfield touchup, light socket replacements and cabinet repair and re-paint.

Having a riot, but I have some choice words for whoever made the call to use flathead screws in these things..
    9E15DC9E-FB29-4B7D-B029-01A7BA29F884 (resized).jpeg

1DA04DAC-7580-4BE6-8AE8-0EA5C6058F56 (resized).jpeg
    #340 4 days ago

This one is going to need a lot of love. Sadly stored on the Jersey Shore and all the metal work inside the game is heavily corroded. Worth it in my opinion. For such a rare game.

20200211_163046 (resized).jpg
    #341 4 days ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

This one is going to need a lot of love. Sadly stored on the Jersey Shore and all the metal work inside the game is heavily corroded. Worth it in my opinion. For such a rare game.

Blue Note or Rock Star? Congrats! Have fun with the restore. It will be worth it.

I'll place my bet that it is Rock star, the AAB version seeing its from Jersey.

#342 4 days ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Blue Note or Rock Star? Congrats! Have fun with the restore. It will be worth it.
    I'll place my bet that it is Rock star, the AAB version seeing its from Jersey.

Why would NJ necessarily produce an add-a-ball game? It's a replay state, and I find very few add-a-balls in the wild there.
    "Blue Note" seems to occur far less frequently though than "Rock Star",
    so it would be a really rare find if it is in fact the replay version.

#343 4 days ago

You are both correct! I left the title off so that people could debate. And you guys didn't let me down! LOL.

#344 3 days ago

Picked this up over the weekend, just now getting into it.

20200208_192046 (resized).jpg20200212_110658 (resized).jpg20200212_195020 (resized).jpg
    #345 3 days ago

This fell into there. Yeah, great explanation...you get the idea.

I couldn't find it. Took the relay board out and shook it. Fell right out.

20200211_200136 (resized).jpg
    #346 3 days ago
    Quoted from BeachPickle:

Currently digging into this bally surfers + AAB kit. Just fixed all the scoring/ switch issues, the only remaining tech issue is a malfunctioning game over sequence, and then stripping it down for playfield touchup, light socket replacements and cabinet repair and re-paint.
    Having a riot, but I have some choice words for whoever made the call to use flathead screws in these things..
    [quoted image][quoted image]

My first game. Bought it in 1971 when I was 13 years old. Still have it. The cabinet paint is getting really flaky so I'm contemplating a repaint. Playfield is still really really good and the backglass has been replaced.

Where did you come up with the AAB kit?

#347 2 days ago
    Quoted from PBEarwood:

Picked this up over the weekend, just now getting into it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Theres a lot going on in there!

#348 2 days ago
    9D03C8BF-6236-49F1-8D78-289BA38E2A3A (resized).jpeg
    #349 2 days ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

Where did you come up with the AAB kit?

It’s such a cool pin..

It came with the AAB assembly installed. Man, was I surprised / stoked to see that thing in there when I went to buy the machine!

I’m a graphic designer, and will be creating stencils for the cabinet art. Hit me up if you decide to repaint and I’ll shoot you the files.

#350 2 days ago

Been working on this Gottlieb Soccer for the last few days. Backglass has some flaking. Playfield is in good shape. Cabinet and coin door have some wear so I'm thinking about making it the first cabinet I sand and re-paint. Internally there are a couple burnt out wires and a few broken switches and pop bumpers. Should be a fun one.

Alberto

_9_Cabinet (resized).jpg_10_Cabinet (resized).jpg_6_Playfield (resized).jpg_7_Playfield (resized).jpg_8_Backglass (resized).jpg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    € 18.95
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 64.00
    $ 139.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 89.00
    Boards
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    £ 39.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    $ 17.99
    Playfield - Decals
    Lermods
    $ 279.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 367 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside