D97B2C55-F3C0-4052-B8E8-B10FA965CC17 (resized).jpeg
CA814E72-66EA-45B4-B99A-3712CB6CFC62 (resized).jpeg
32785D31-861A-4A5C-9A5F-FF28004390D6 (resized).jpeg
20210718_180432 (resized).jpg
20210718_181959 (resized).jpg
20210722_152200 (resized).jpg
20210722_193628 (resized).jpg
20210721_193706 (resized).jpg

There are 1977 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 40.
#1951 17 days ago

1) As hacked, repaired before picture:
... #6 lamp socket is missing.
pasted_image (resized).png
2) Finished corrected/repaired picture:
pasted_image (resized).png
3) Note: I like to reclinch/repair old lamp sockets...
... I have a picture essay on this website on repairing old bayonet lamp sockets with out soldering...

#1952 17 days ago

Those light bars are a pox on pinball. The reason behind them is understandable but almost without exception there will be flaky sockets on them requiring repair.

Just have to remember they didn't expect us to be working on them 50 years later.

#1953 16 days ago

Darling (resized).JPG

Darling

The game is playable, but there's some damage to the playfield that has to be fixed.

#1954 16 days ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

... I have a picture essay on this website on repairing old bayonet lamp sockets with out soldering...

Where might we find your picture essay on reclinching these lamp sockets? I searched and couldn't find it.

#1955 16 days ago
Quoted from Mopar:

4 or 5 years back I had the Night Rider set up in the game room, and since
much of this week's been a little moist, I figured I'd get her out of the barn and
be able to freshin' her up in a short day, but it turned out to be a good couple days.
I gave her a good lubin' and cleaning and she's now playing fine..
[quoted image]

Great game...

For me personally, there's just something great about this game... super simple rule set, but something about it has me coming back for more... especially set up on the most conservative drop target setting and a 6.5+ playfield angle... just to throw more dirt in my face when I struggle to complete both banks! Chimes are great on this one... EM or SS, I think both are great...

Fortunately they made a ton, so I get to travel back in time to the mid-seventies at most of the shows. One of these days I'll snag one.

#1956 16 days ago

"Where might we find your picture essay on reclinching these lamp sockets? I searched and couldn't find it".
Here are two links to the technique I use:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lamp-socket-repair-part-two#post-5795366
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lamp-socket-repair-non-solder-technique-#post-5625137

#1957 15 days ago

i woulda done the lamp connectivity mod while working on it. i also have a surf champ and am about to do the mod to all the sockets.

#1958 15 days ago

I’m working on Flipper Fair. Half the sockets have problems. Thinking of soaking them in vinegar to dissolve the white stuff . Worked real well on the corroded nuts.

#1959 15 days ago
Quoted from undrdog:

I’m working on Flipper Fair. Half the sockets have problems. Thinking of soaking them in vinegar to dissolve the white stuff . Worked real well on the corroded nuts.

Use CLR. Gets the white fuzz off quickly.

#1960 11 days ago

NOS backglass and playfield restoration in progress for my DRAGON EM !

IMG_4778 (resized).JPG

IMG_4782 (resized).JPG

IMG_4786 (resized).JPG

#1961 11 days ago

Wow! Where did you source an NOS BG for the EM version of Dragon?

#1962 10 days ago
Quoted from Pinslot:

Wow! Where did you source an NOS BG for the EM version of Dragon?

https://mayfairamusement.com/product-category/backglasses/

#1963 10 days ago

Can't remember how many shows I saw that Dragon backglass at... Steve at Mayfair always had a Dragon EM BG displayed with scores of other glasses behind his large booths at Allentown and York... love the glass and the look of the game in general.

#1964 7 days ago

Well, I'm thinking Gusher would much rather be next to a relative than some baseball machine, so
this is the next one on the operation's table.
Unlike Gusher, this one's going to need a bit more than just an examination, physical, and tune up..

IMG_0590 (resized).JPG
#1965 7 days ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Well, I'm thinking Gusher would much rather be next to a relative than some baseball machine, so
this is the next one on the operation's table.
Unlike Gusher, this one's going to need a bit more than just an examination, physical, and tune up..
[quoted image]

Starting to get a feel for the woodies, eh?

#1966 7 days ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Starting to get a feel for the woodies, eh?

There's 14 stored machines hanging out in that room, and the first 3 machines I set up
came from the barn and garage. I need to get these machines set up and off the floor
and I knew Gusher wouldn't take long to freshen up, but yea, I like Gusher's game play.
I'm not sure if Sea Wolf will compare, but it's like Wizard and Captain. If ones set up,
maybe the other should be..

#1967 6 days ago

Slow and steady progress on Quick Draw. Game came to me missing the counter. I used a spare I had but no idea what number of games to put on it so I reset to 000000. New playfield going in so it’s semi appropriate.

EA3B8700-9F82-4F27-9A46-2CB46F9C5E00 (resized).jpeg

#1968 6 days ago

I started the playfield swap and cabinet sand down of my Old Chicago. This is a CPR playfield clear coated by Ron Kruzman. I've moved over all the tee nuts on the back side.

I'll get some pictures. It's a beautiful playfield and Ron's work on it is superb.

#1969 6 days ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I started the playfield swap and cabinet sand down of my Old Chicago. This is a CPR playfield clear coated by Ron Kruzman. I've moved over all the tee nuts on the back side.
I'll get some pictures. It's a beautiful playfield and Ron's work on it is superb.

I suggest browsing through this OC swap thread... it will save you some time on your swap... most everything lines up BUT NOT EVERYTHING.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-old-chicago-playfield-swap-any-gotchas

#1970 6 days ago
Quoted from Dono:

I suggest browsing through this OC swap thread... it will save you some time on your swap... most everything lines up BUT NOT EVERYTHING.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-old-chicago-playfield-swap-any-gotchas

Thanks Don. I will do that. As of right now it's minimal, all I've done is install the bumpers and gotten those fin shank nail screws in. And got all the underside holes drilled out and the tee nuts in place. Sanded the head and cab, sanded and painted the rails, and today I got the head primed.

#1971 6 days ago

20210722_152200 (resized).jpg20210722_193628 (resized).jpg20210721_193706 (resized).jpg20210718_181959 (resized).jpg20210718_180432 (resized).jpg

#1972 1 day ago

Old Chicago is such a pretty pin... it's the only one I have that my wife let me put in the family room.
I just can't get that top right kickout hole to feed to the left flipper. Have tried everything. I do have one of the thin playfield protectors on it, maybe that's the issue.

#1973 17 hours ago

The only way to really clean is to break it down. Drops target assemblies took the better part of a day. I’m not used to them. The majority of my restorations have been from the 60s and few had drops. Targets cleaned up nice, minor touch up needed on silver horseshoe targets only.

32785D31-861A-4A5C-9A5F-FF28004390D6 (resized).jpegCA814E72-66EA-45B4-B99A-3712CB6CFC62 (resized).jpeg

D97B2C55-F3C0-4052-B8E8-B10FA965CC17 (resized).jpeg3740FAC8-BFF8-4E70-8C7A-65D85EC104C0 (resized).jpeg
#1974 20 minutes ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

1) As hacked, repaired before picture:
... #6 lamp socket is missing.
[quoted image]
2) Finished corrected/repaired picture:
[quoted image]

Can you please please please tell me how you managed to clean up everything on the underside of that playfield (including the metal) so well??

#1975 18 minutes ago

Working on a Williams "Big Deal" from 1977. The cabinet is coming along nicely. Had to do the stencils from scratch because nothing existed unfortunately. Having a lot of trouble cleaning the score reels and anything that is metal. Would appreciate input/advice. Have an ultrasonic cleaner and have been using that with vinegar for the smaller parts. I just want the steel to look as awesome as possible. Thinking of trying my hand at electroplating. Anyone tried this? Also, trying to locate flipper buttons like the one in the attached image below.

Before and Afters 1 (resized).jpgBefore and Afters 2 (resized).jpgBefore and Afters 3 (resized).jpgBefore and Afters 4 (resized).jpgStencil Side Headbox 3 (resized).jpg

Flipper Button Red (resized).jpg
#1976 8 minutes ago
Quoted from joshmc:

Can you please please please tell me how you managed to clean up everything on the underside of that playfield (including the metal) so well??

Get an ultrasonic, tumbler, 0000 steel wool and Mothers Mag Wheel Polish. (And endless hours)

#1977 5 minutes ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Get an ultrasonic, tumbler, 0000 steel wool and Mothers Mag Wheel Polish. (And endless hours)

I'm guessing 'mothers mag' is better than 'silvo'? I have an ultrasonic however it's not big enough for parts like the one in the image. Why would a tumbler be a good thing to have?

rust - lockdown bar (resized).jpg
There are 1977 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 40.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside