20240414_123040 (resized).jpg
20240414_122939 (resized).jpg
20240414_122952 (resized).jpg
20240414_122714 (resized).jpg
20240414_122838 (resized).jpg
20240414_122811 (resized).jpg
20240414_122854 (resized).jpg
IMG_1657 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 83.
#101 4 years ago

I love the Bakelite plastic parts and the artwork... but those metal Williams flipper bats are my favorite. They just feel so great when they flip.

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

those metal Williams flipper bats are my favorite. They just feel so great when they flip.

They are almost indestructable as well.

#103 4 years ago

A Magic Circle.

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

SwingTime is a great AAB game.
Not sure if RonWebb has any repro Backglass left
just checked and looks like you may be in luck
http://pinballglass.homestead.com/
but better act fast.[quoted image]

Was going to alert him on the special price Ron has on the backglass. He's had this offer for a while, but jump on it now. Great playing Williams game for sure.

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

just checked and looks like you may be in luck
http://pinballglass.homestead.com/
but better act fast.

Yes please do, your backglass is starting to scare me....................
zombie_band (resized).jpgzombie_band (resized).jpg

4c5eccc927aa805dc58ccb43ab28305eac7caa80 (resized).jpeg4c5eccc927aa805dc58ccb43ab28305eac7caa80 (resized).jpeg
#106 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Great playing Williams game for sure.

I like how you can win an AddedBall right off the bat
on your first shot from the plunger (skill shot) on the 1st ball.

#107 4 years ago

I just popped all the inserts out of Beat The Clock.

What I like about the ones Williams used is they may have sunk a bit or come unglued, but they are usually flat and rarely if ever are they cupped.

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

A Magic Circle.

I'd like to see some pictures of that rare and uncommon game.

#109 4 years ago

also the poor man's buckaroo.

has been down since my last meet 18 months ago.

locked up and burnt out right flipper coil.

would take an hour and she would be alive again

20191128_230554 (resized).jpg20191128_230554 (resized).jpg
#110 4 years ago
56122 (resized).jpeg56122 (resized).jpeg
#111 4 years ago

OK that's it.
I am committing to getting a game out of storage and setting it up
and I will work on it to get it running.
I got plenty of games already set up in the house and basement that need work,
but i think if it is a "new" game, I will be more motivated to actually work on it.
Wife is out of town visiting her sister this week, so I should be unencumbered
about moving it into the house and not be troubled by interruptions with "honey dos"
What game may depend on what is easier to get out of storage,
but probably be Team One or Dimension, maybe SkyRocket.
Or maybe even my Bally Wild Wheels, but i know that game is buried way in the back of the storage locker.

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

OK that's it.
I am committing to getting a game out of storage and setting it up
and I will work on it to get it running.
I got plenty of games already set up in the house and basement that need work,
but i think if it is a "new" game, I will be more motivated to actually work on it.
Wife is out of town visiting her sister this week, so I should be unencumbered
about moving it into the house and not be troubled by interruptions with "honey dos"
What game may depend on what is easier to get out of storage,
but probably be Team One or Dimension, maybe SkyRocket.
Or maybe even my Bally Wild Wheels, but i know that game is buried way in the back of the storage locker.

Bally please

#113 4 years ago

haha, we all just want to see you sweat and dig that Bally out of your storage locker

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Team One or Dimension, maybe SkyRocket.Or maybe even my Bally Wild Wheels

I vote Dimension. Although I have never played that Bally and it looks like a lot of fun.

#115 4 years ago

Still working on my Jacks Open project. I was hoping to be done by Christmas but.....

3E144671-0792-4780-B534-4DBAE914D09E (resized).jpeg3E144671-0792-4780-B534-4DBAE914D09E (resized).jpeg
#116 4 years ago

There's the Wild Wheels in the corner
IMG_20191129_132948 (resized).jpgIMG_20191129_132948 (resized).jpg
Though Team One looks to be the easiest to reach and get out.
IMG_20191129_132957 (resized).jpgIMG_20191129_132957 (resized).jpgIMG_20191129_133014 (resized).jpgIMG_20191129_133014 (resized).jpg
I did move a bunch of toolboxes and other boxes of misc pinball parts out of storage and into
the basement of our new house we bought last AUG;
which is where I will likely bring the "new" game out of hibernation.
The move to the new house (our downsize house) will be a long drawn out process.

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I contributed a couple of games to a big tournament a few weeks ago here in KC. When I mentioned I had a Team One handy in the garage the tournament director jumped at the opportunity to have it in the tournament lineup set on novelty mode. I always thought the novelty mode was lame,.....until the concept of tournament play came into the picture. All of a sudden it made total sense. When I was going through it before sending to the tournament I was practicing to see how high a score I could get. It was a lot harder to put up a big score than you might think.

#118 4 years ago
6959 (resized).jpeg6959 (resized).jpeg
#119 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

There's the Wild Wheels in the corner
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]
I did move a bunch of toolboxes and other boxes of misc pinball parts out of storage and into
the basement of our new house we bought last AUG;
which is where I will likely bring the "new" game out of hibernation.
The move to the new house (our downsize house) will be a long drawn out process.

Is that a VCR on top of Team One? (Below the DVD player)

#120 4 years ago

So which one are you going to set up?

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

[quoted image]

This is one of my favorite pins. Fast play and roto target. Excellent choice

#122 4 years ago

4 at the moment, Williams 21, and a Tom Tom, Bally Surfers, and a Gottlieb Sunset. Have a Challenger and Daisy May sort of waiting in the wings.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Is that a VCR on top of Team One?

Believe it or not,
it is actually a Betamax.
The other thing is a phonograph.

#124 4 years ago

I almost lost it today. I recently acquired a Gottlieb Drop-a-Card that’s in pretty nice shape. I went to shop it out today and upon quick visual inspection it looked pretty clean on the inside. It didn’t have the expected dirt and it appeared like someone had taken some care with it. Upon further closer examination I found that the previous owner had oiled almost every single switch and every other moving mechanism for that matter quite methodically. The oil wasn’t noticeable for the most part unless you widened the switches manually or found the occasional drip. I just took lots of deep breaths and spent forever removing oil. It’s shocking that thing worked 95% when I got it.

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I almost lost it today. I recently acquired a Gottlieb Drop-a-Card that’s in pretty nice shape. I went to shop it out today and upon quick visual inspection it looked pretty clean on the inside. It didn’t have the expected dirt and it appeared like someone had taken some care with it. Upon further closer examination I found that the previous owner had oiled almost every single switch and every other moving mechanism for that matter quite methodically. The oil wasn’t noticeable for the most part unless you widened the switches manually or found the occasional drip. I just took lots of deep breaths and spent forever removing oil. It’s shocking that thing worked 95% when I got it.

I appreciate that most games I encounter are unmolested from an internal workings standpoint. The workings were mysterious enough that people left them alone for the most part.

#126 4 years ago

Sadly that oil will probably be intermittently leaching out from the fiberboard spacers on the affected switches...for years to come....I had a game like that once, I had to sell it, because the oil would cause intermittent issues constantly.....

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from pintoys:

Sadly that oil will probably be intermittently leaching out from the fiberboard spacers on the affected switches...for years to come....I had a game like that once, I had to sell it, because the oil would cause intermittent issues constantly.....

I hope not. Whoever did it was meticulous enough to put it just on the contact points of the switches. The stacks seem nice and clean and dry. They also oiled some of the coils and other mechs throughout so I had a great time.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I hope not. Whoever did it was meticulous enough to put it just on the contact points of the switches. The stacks seem nice and clean and dry. They also oiled some of the coils and other mechs throughout so I had a great time.

Been there, done that, I feel your pain. Our mata hari is the same way except they sprayed oil everywhere and on everything. Works well though, no issues from oil. Cleaned it up as much as I could but it is one of those things that everytime I work on it, I'm cleaning more.

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

also the poor man's buckaroo.
has been down since my last meet 18 months ago.
locked up and burnt out right flipper coil.
would take an hour and she would be alive again[quoted image]

I like this game a LOT more than Bucaroo... with those 3 inch flips you can create so many more opportunities to make sequence shots... just can’t do that with 2 inch flips!

#130 4 years ago

Pretty much finished up my Jet Pilot project. Will be starting All-American Quarterback by Williams soon. On the outside chance someone might have a schematic for that game, please contact me. Steve at PBR does not. Have not found any other sources. Here are a few final pictures from Jet Pilot.

20191202_130425 (resized).jpg20191202_130425 (resized).jpg20191202_130447 (resized).jpg20191202_130447 (resized).jpg20191202_130551 (resized).jpg20191202_130551 (resized).jpg
#131 4 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Pretty much finished up my Jet Pilot project. Will be starting All-American Quarterback by Williams soon. On the outside chance someone might have a schematic for that game, please contact me. Steve at PBR does not. Have not found any other sources. Here are a few final pictures from Jet Pilot.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Always like seeing the cigarette holders. I'm a sucker for those. Looks great

#132 4 years ago

Warning, long post, but I’m so happy, I want to share this in detail:

I’ve been working intermittently on a Gottlieb Snow Derby that was in pretty bad shape when I got it. Up until several months ago I had braced the falling-apart head, made stencils and repainted the cab and head, made the ink-peeled backglass presentable (including doing my first airbrushing), and removed and metculously gone through everything in the cab and head board (including disassembly and cleaning of the score motor and player unit). At that point, I put everything together except the playfield to try the startup sequence. The score reels didn’t reset correctly, and manually pulling in the 1, 10, 100, or 1,000 point relays would sometimes make the player unit advance.

After MONTHS of looking everywhere I could think of for a potential short circuit, nearly pulling my hair out, and thinking about selling this machine after putting so many hours into it, tonight I finally found the culprit, which was simple, as I figured it would be: While reassembling the decagon score reels, I had improperly positioned the insulated wire arms that move the switches at the zero and 9 positions. The switches were opening and closing properly, but some blades from different switches were connecting back-to-back, causing multiple short-circuits. And now, tonight, the pin starts up properly! The feeling of accomplishment at finally figuring this out is one of my favorite parts of this hobby. Now I can FINALLY move on to the playfield!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#133 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Always like seeing the cigarette holders. I'm a sucker for those. Looks great

There were already holes drilled on that top wood rail so I knew they should be there also, I think they show in the original manufacturer brochure. Plus an added bonus was the cigarette burns on the wood-rail! LOL. Steve at PBR is the man. He has both flat, and curved rail Styles available.

#134 4 years ago

when you use your stunning fully running cinderella from 1948 as a dumping ground.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

when you use your stunning fully running cinderella from 1948 as a dumping ground.

20191205_234805 (resized).jpg20191205_234805 (resized).jpg
#136 4 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

Who doesn't? Though I usually use a towel so I can see the little parts. Everything gets used as a table sooner or later.

#137 4 years ago

I have a question about my 1963 (add-a-ball) Williams Swing Time machine and this is the only thread I think someone will know the answer...

When manually serving up balls to the shooter lane, you can obviously serve more than one. As you play the game, each time a ball is drained, one ball is subtracted from the backglass lights (1-10). But, the mechanical arm that releases the balls does not fall until the last ball is drained.

So, WITH ONE BALL REMAINING, there is nothing stopping the player from serving all 5 balls into the shooter lane and launching all 5, because the gate has not yet dropped to hold the balls. Is this by design? Should there only be one ball in this game? I thought it took 5 balls. Reason I ask is because the playfield cutout is there to see 5 balls visually, but there is no slot cut in the apron to view that "ball status".

#138 4 years ago

One ball in add-a-ball games. 5 ball push-up games have a trough window to see balls played. AAB doesn't.

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

One ball in add-a-ball games. 5 ball push-up games have a trough window to see balls played. AAB doesn't.

That makes a lot more sense now. Thanks!

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Warning, long post, but I’m so happy, I want to share this in detail:
I’ve been working intermittently on a Gottlieb Snow Derby that was in pretty bad shape when I got it. Up until several months ago I had braced the falling-apart head, made stencils and repainted the cab and head, made the ink-peeled backglass presentable (including doing my first airbrushing), and removed and metculously gone through everything in the cab and head board (including disassembly and cleaning of the score motor and player unit). At that point, I put everything together except the playfield to try the startup sequence. The score reels didn’t reset correctly, and manually pulling in the 1, 10, 100, or 1,000 point relays would sometimes make the player unit advance.
After MONTHS of looking everywhere I could think of for a potential short circuit, nearly pulling my hair out, and thinking about selling this machine after putting so many hours into it, tonight I finally found the culprit, which was simple, as I figured it would be: While reassembling the decagon score reels, I had improperly positioned the insulated wire arms that move the switches at the zero and 9 positions. The switches were opening and closing properly, but some blades from different switches were connecting back-to-back, causing multiple short-circuits. And now, tonight, the pin starts up properly! The feeling of accomplishment at finally figuring this out is one of my favorite parts of this hobby. Now I can FINALLY move on to the playfield! [quoted image]

This has happened to me on SS machines as well. Most often with someone improperly adjusting the game's "outhole" switch, causing random trough coil kicks during the game.

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'd like to see some pictures of that rare and uncommon game.

Will do. Almost back together.

1 week later
#142 4 years ago

Making progress. I got the light orange a little too pinkish I think and the green maybe a bit too dark. I'll sand it in about a week and see if it blends in. If not I'll redo it. Then I'll finish the other minor details.

Lot less work than that Arrow Head for sure. It's like a walk in the park, relatively speaking.
DSCN6550 (resized).JPGDSCN6550 (resized).JPG

#143 4 years ago

It'll never be perfect and I don't expect it to be. Once it's populated and the glass is on it should look a lot better than what I started with and the repairs hardly noticeable and that is what I'm shooting for. I do it as best I can within my abilities and try not to rush.

#144 4 years ago

Interesting thread - here's my submission. 1962 United Embassy shuffle alley. I have made 16 videos posted to YouTube. It's been an enjoyable process to take my time and clean everything with the ultimate goal of long term reliability. The first video shown below is the playlist for the series. Still more videos to make on it. (It's up and running as of December 1st). This is the second shuffle I have worked on since getting into the pinball hobby 16+ years ago.

DSC04888a (resized).jpgDSC04888a (resized).jpgDSC04893 (resized).JPGDSC04893 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#145 4 years ago

Not done yet.

DSCN6559 (resized).JPGDSCN6559 (resized).JPG
#146 4 years ago

Been working on my Argosy with the help of a buddy. He's more versed in EM games. Took it from constant reset to playing almost 100%. Now the remaining issue is the bonus doesn't seem to be counting correctly. I'm getting better at reading schematics.

#147 4 years ago

No photos handy at the moment, but so far on Space Mission I've done the following ..
- Disassemble and clean playfield parts (which required building a rotisserie)
- Flipper rebuild kits
- Vaccum playfield, scrub with naphtha
- Polish up metal playfield parts
- Replace all bulbs with fresh #47
- Disassemble and clean all stepper units, lightly lube PCB contact points
- Blow out / vacuum metal dust from bottom board
- Clean score reels, credit reel
- Soak legs in evaporust (using PVC tube with caps - this worked really well, but I eventually bought new legs / bolts / levelers so they look even nicer)
- Vaccum / clean cabinet interior
- Clean cabinet exterior (mostly Simple Green)
- New shooter spring/tip
- New coin door QUARTERS inserts

I'm almost to the point of reassembly finally. I just have the big player unit to clean/lube, a few more metal parts to polish, and wiping down the playfield again before installing a protector. Can't wait to get it back together to start testing actual gameplay!

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

After MONTHS of looking everywhere I could think of for a potential short circuit, nearly pulling my hair out, and thinking about selling this machine after putting so many hours into it, tonight I finally found the culprit

Whoa. Just saw this. Glad you finally found what was causing that. Very strange behavior, for sure.

#149 4 years ago

Ahoy maties!

20191231_155712 (resized).jpg20191231_155712 (resized).jpg
#150 4 years ago

Getting closer to finishing our Grand Prix.

2222 (resized).jpg2222 (resized).jpg

-Paul

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Baldwinsville, NY
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Nashua, NH
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 51.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 83.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-you-working-on-right-now/page/3?hl=spinout and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.