IMG_1657 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1658 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1656 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1655 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1858 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_1851 (resized).jpg
There are 4,129 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 83.
#501 4 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Finished with Atlantis

Woah.. that looks amazing.

#502 4 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Finished with Atlantis [quoted image][quoted image]

Really pretty. Is that a Wade PF or just a really nice original? Or did you do touchups? Looks fantastic.

#503 4 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Really pretty. Is that a Wade PF or just a really nice original? Or did you do touchups? Looks fantastic.

Wow, there's zero ball trail on that.

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

That's a Wade playfield. It's been in the game awhile.

Mike O and I swapped cabinets. He took my original cab and I took one he had bought that was horribly nicotine stained. Unbelievably, it was maybe the most solid cabinet I've ever worked on. Very little filling and no gluing needed at all. And the inside was just pristine.

Mike may have pictures of it. I didn't take any before I got started on it. It was almost orange, it was so bad. Never seen anything quite like it.

#505 4 years ago

Still working on my Bank-a-Ball restore. Playfield water damaged causing paint and finish loss. Doing pretty much a total repaint. About 80% done.

IMG_1401 (resized).JPGIMG_1401 (resized).JPGIMG_1454 (resized).JPGIMG_1454 (resized).JPGIMG_1456 (resized).JPGIMG_1456 (resized).JPG
#506 4 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

That's a Wade playfield. It's been in the game awhile.
Mike O and I swapped cabinets. He took my original cab and I took one he had bought that was horribly nicotine stained. Unbelievably, it was maybe the most solid cabinet I've ever worked on. Very little filling and no gluing needed at all. And the inside was just pristine.
Mike may have pictures of it. I didn't take any before I got started on it. It was almost orange, it was so bad. Never seen anything quite like it.

Before pictures of Scott’s repaint.

3589DCB9-BC93-4A9F-9D01-C9373EE11D36 (resized).jpeg3589DCB9-BC93-4A9F-9D01-C9373EE11D36 (resized).jpeg996633E7-D939-452F-94EB-62D7199E3D87 (resized).jpeg996633E7-D939-452F-94EB-62D7199E3D87 (resized).jpegA72FA479-A6C9-43AE-9C5D-6441960785C3 (resized).jpegA72FA479-A6C9-43AE-9C5D-6441960785C3 (resized).jpegE78E4092-931E-4B66-AA57-5BAF21F4A482 (resized).jpegE78E4092-931E-4B66-AA57-5BAF21F4A482 (resized).jpegF57F8B72-7F4A-40E3-8AA5-BC5C828C2794 (resized).jpegF57F8B72-7F4A-40E3-8AA5-BC5C828C2794 (resized).jpeg
#507 4 years ago

Just starting in on my Strange World Sample machine. Playfield has the normal wear at the kickout. Has anyone ever created a stencil for this area?

IMG_7667 (resized).jpgIMG_7667 (resized).jpg
#508 4 years ago

Finally got this All-American Quarterback together today. Mostly playing through a game. It is actually pretty fun!

20200325_180512 (resized).jpg20200325_180512 (resized).jpg
#509 4 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Just starting in on my Strange World Sample machine. Playfield has the normal wear at the kickout. Has anyone ever created a stencil for this area?[quoted image]

yes there was a decal made by a member

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-center-decal-for-gottlieb-strange-world#post-2427055

#510 4 years ago

Hi guys – regarding strange world – yes I had done up a decal - But before I could print it I sold a number of my machines to a great guy locally (he may even be on here - I told him that I would try and get around to printing the decal but again life has taken over and I hadn’t gotten to it and more months have gone by - and we haven’t been in touch since)

I may check with him and see if he still has the strange world machine – if so maybe I will go ahead and get one or two printed so we can all see how they turned out

Cheers Ron

#511 4 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Finally got this All-American Quarterback together today. Mostly playing through a game. It is actually pretty fun![quoted image]

I’d like to see more pictures please.

#512 4 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Finally got this All-American Quarterback together today. Mostly playing through a game. It is actually pretty fun![quoted image]

Beautiful machine. Congrats.

#513 4 years ago

Williams Super Star

#514 4 years ago

Someone thought the light box held the secret. Latches on both sides.

IMG_7684 (resized).jpgIMG_7684 (resized).jpg
#515 4 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Someone thought the light box held the secret. Latches on both sides.[quoted image]

Any additional protection for the coin door/box?

#516 4 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Beautiful!

If you have the inclination, I would love to see some gameplay video of it. There’s nothing on YouTube that I could find.

#517 4 years ago

Finally getting around to doing the playfield touch up on my Hokus Pokus. Not perfect, but a vast improvement so far. Still working on it.

IMG_5473[1] (resized).JPGIMG_5473[1] (resized).JPGIMG_5474[1] (resized).JPGIMG_5474[1] (resized).JPG
#518 4 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Finally getting around to doing the playfield touch up on my Hokus Pokus. Not perfect, but a vast improvement so far. Still working on it.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good. What method are you using for the inserts?

#519 4 years ago
Quoted from DaMoib:

Any additional protection for the coin door/box?

No just the light box. A bit overkill...

#520 4 years ago

Ready to clear my BAB

before-after3 (resized).jpgbefore-after3 (resized).jpg
#521 4 years ago

ready to reassemble my Southern Belle.after touch up and clear coat.

IMG_2909 (resized).JPGIMG_2909 (resized).JPGIMG_2991 (resized).JPGIMG_2991 (resized).JPG
#522 4 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

All-American Quarterback

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1886&picno=62036
Looking closer at the Promo photos and the two flyers shown on ipdb.rog
there appears to be a few more inserts added (4 more to be exact)
that change the value of the score holes when lit.
The game shown above and in game listing on IPDB only
has two score holes that have alternate score values when lit.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#523 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1886&picno=62036
Looking closer at the Promo photos and the two flyers shown on ipdb.rog
there appears to be a few more inserts added (4 more to be exact)
that change the value of the score holes when lit.
The game shown above and in game listing on IPDB only
has two score holes that have alternate score values when lit.
[quoted image]

Yep, you are correct sir. I surmise that the early version game was far too easy with the additional inserts lighting in the fourth quarter. The production game retained two inserts that change from end run (50 yard gain) to touchdown giving the player a good advantage before eventually hitting the last 'end quarter' and finishing the game. Thanks for pointing that out Tom. I will send Jay a few pictures for his site.

#524 4 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

I will send Jay a few pictures for his site.

Maybe also rate the game on ipdb with a short explanation of the rules
and game play and scoring potentials or what the difference in end run vs completed pass yardage might be.

It looks to me that up top, the 2nd and 6th scoring holes on the flyer & promo (Prototype) photos,
the extra inserts might be saying SPECIAL when lit
and on the bottom half of PF,
the two score holes have the extra inserts saying Touchdown when lit;
so yes the prototype was considerably more generous.
On the prototype game, I do not see (some insert text is very blurry)
any end of quarter scoring holes. Maybe the field goal score holes and bottom two score holes were balls lost
and the player only had 5 balls to do your scoring, if it was into up top holes they got fed back to "batter"
but if hit into 4 bottom holes balls were lost, and the change of insert value was made only during last ball??

How many balls per game is there was it operator adjustable.
On your game, once a ball goes into a scoring hole is it lost forever or does if feed back onto the playfield
for additional flipping/kicking/passing scoring potential.
Are the balls only lost when the ball falls into an end of quarter hole.
What happens when balls fall below the "flipper bats" without ball falling into scoring holes?
If you are given 5 or 6 balls at beginning of game and your 1st 4 balls go to end of quarter holes
is game over or can one still play the last ball(s) despite one already having ended the 4th quarter?

Update/addition: limited number of balls per game may have only been relevant with prototype game (Flyer/promo game rules)

How are the flippers activated?
That football knob on the front right??
What does that push-up plunger (on front left) do? Pitch (feed) the balls to the player?

I know I know lots of questions!
Lots of speculation.

#525 4 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Looks good. What method are you using for the inserts?

For black paint around the inserts have been using a paint pen first. Then finer touch up with a very tiny pointed brush, while wearing 4X magnifying glasses.

Haven't tackled leveling them yet. Have had the game a while and been playing it. The inserts for the most part aren't sunk in enough to seriously affect play, or have a ball hang up in the insert. But debating trying mylar circles, vs clear poly. Will probably put a wider area of mylar in the turquoise area just above the flippers.

#526 4 years ago

This should answer some of your questions. Below the flippers is simply a trough that feeds back and yes, the football handle on the right activates the all five flippers at once. Plunger on the left operates a manual ball released out of the flap. Lower two side holes end quarter and then the two and six position up top end quarter.

Quoted from pinwiztom:

Maybe also rate the game on ipdb with a short explanation of the rules
and game play and scoring potentials or what the difference in end run vs completed pass yardage might be.
It looks to me that up top, the 2nd and 6th scoring holes on the flyer & promo (Prototype) photos,
the extra inserts might be saying SPECIAL when lit
and on the bottom half of PF,
the two score holes have the extra inserts saying Touchdown when lit;
so yes the prototype was considerably more generous.
On the prototype game, I do not see (some insert text is very blurry)
any end of quarter scoring holes. Maybe the field goal score holes and bottom two score holes were balls lost
and the player only had 5 balls to do your scoring, if it was into up top holes they got fed back to "batter"
but if hit into 4 bottom holes balls were lost, and the change of insert value was made only during last ball??
How many balls per game is there was it operator adjustable.
On your game, once a ball goes into a scoring hole is it lost forever or does if feed back onto the playfield
for additional flipping/kicking/passing scoring potential.
Are the balls only lost when the ball falls into an end of quarter hole.
What happens when balls fall below the "flipper bats" without ball falling into scoring holes?
If you are given 5 or 6 balls at beginning of game and your 1st 4 balls go to end of quarter holes
is game over or can one still play the last ball(s) despite one already having ended the 4th quarter?
How are the flippers activated?
That football knob on the front right??
What does that push-up plunger (on front left) do? Pitch (feed) the balls to the player?
I know I know lots of questions!
Lots of speculation.

15853432082133308594753887492086 (resized).jpg15853432082133308594753887492086 (resized).jpg
#527 4 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

This should answer some of your questions.

So I take it one gets an infinite number of balls until the ball enters a end of quarter hole at least 4 times.
The Prototype appears to have text on the apron that states 5 balls for 5 cents
without any "end of quarter" holes, not certain how one plays thru ( or loses) those 5 balls.

#528 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

So I take it one gets an infinite number of balls until the ball enters a end of quarter hole at least 4 times.
The Prototype appears to have text on the apron that states 5 balls for 5 cents
without any "end of quarter" holes, not certain how one plays thru ( or loses) those 5 balls.

You maybe misreading that. The game operates at about $0.05 a play. One can set the coin mechanism to give either five or six credits for $0.25. There is a small single pin jones plug inside. Two credits for a Dime, One play for a nickel.

20200327_112112 (resized).jpg20200327_112112 (resized).jpg
#529 4 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

You maybe misreading that. The game operates at about $0.05 a play. One can set the coin mechanism to give either five or six credits for $0.25. There is a small single pin jones plug inside. Two credits for a Dime, One play for a nickel.[quoted image]

The game is unusual. Please post more pictures and let us know how you restored it.

#530 4 years ago

5 balls for 5 cents is from the prototype pin promo photo
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#531 4 years ago

Love to see close up photo of Score card and Instructions of your game (left side apron)

Sorry for so many questions and requests,
but does the football shaped flipper operation control handle work by
push/pull or twisting?.
is it electro mechanical or purely mechanical operation of the flipper "bats"
Very cool that your football handle even has the lacing on top

#532 4 years ago

Got Captain fantastic cosmetically good to go. I've been researching the issue I'm having. Right now it plays a single player game just fine. If I put 2 players in, the game goes through all 4 players but doesn't get past ball one. So, if I put any number of players other than one, it goes through player 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 ball 1. Then it stays on player 4 ball 1 forever. I've searched and done the fixes others have said and can't get it worked out. Ugh. I really didn't wanna post this. Wanted to get it on my own.

Thanks
RC

#533 4 years ago

There is a listing on ipdb. Lots of helpful pictures there can explain most of your questions. I have been in contact with Jay about adding a few pictures and some information based on my experience with the restoration. The football handle twists to contact a switch inside. Flippers are all linked together which works surprisingly well.

Quoted from pinwiztom:

Love to see close up photo of Score card and Instructions of your game (left side apron)
Sorry for so many questions and requests,
but does the football shaped flipper operation control handle work by
push/pull or twisting?.
is it electro mechanical or purely mechanical operation of the flipper "bats"
Very cool that your football handle even has the lacing on top

#534 4 years ago

Working on a few old Gottlieb’s while things are shut down. This one needed a lot of cleaning. But I think she’ll turn out nice!

479FC418-2AFE-4D3C-8C9E-04E9EBBB40A3 (resized).jpeg479FC418-2AFE-4D3C-8C9E-04E9EBBB40A3 (resized).jpeg
#535 4 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

I have been in contact with Jay about adding a few pictures and some information based on my experience with the restoration.

Thanks for doing that.
Your games looks beautifully restored.
I had also alerted Jay 2 days ago about the differences
that I noted between the production game compared to the flyer/promo photos.

#536 4 years ago

Starting in on a Gottlieb Gigi. I'll try to post some pictures later on. Cabinet is a mess, playfield is not too bad. Non working right now, I'll hopefully get that going first then start in on all the cosmetic stuff.

#537 4 years ago

Hey guys. After a year and a half of zero problems, my Target Alpha finally developed one. Score reels are all at 0 but when I hit start, no ball eject into shooter lane. I am totally clueless on EM's. Thoughts? And thanks in advance.

#538 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hey guys. After a year and a half of zero problems, my Target Alpha finally developed one. Score reels are all at 0 but when I hit start, no ball eject into shooter lane. I am totally clueless on EM's. Thoughts? And thanks in advance.

You should start a topic in the EM Pinball Tech forum.

#539 4 years ago

Made progress on Jacks Open today. Cabinet emptied and cleaned out. Cleaned bottom board. Began tumbling metal parts. Cleaned all the posts, used a dental pick to get some of the stuck-on rubber. Cleaned the plastic lane guides. Hand polished the other metal parts for under the apron and under the ball-arch. Cleaned the ball arch and took about an hour to clean old adhesive off the apron (turned out beautiful). Started taking apart the coin door. Repainted the pedestal and did black touch-ups on cab. I will do red this week once I get the right color paint. Cleaned the wood rails with Murphy's Oil Soap. Did the chime unit last night. Almost time for my PBR order!

#540 4 years ago

Just picked up a nice functional Star-Jet. Just a few minor things to fix for it to be in fully working condition. One thing I am doing now is replacing all of these rusty lamp sockets on the playfield (which keeps burning out 10amp fuses). Also, the multiball function is not working - balls lock, but won't unlock (kicker not kicking). Cosmetics are pretty good for such a rare bird.

Rusty_Lamo (resized).jpgRusty_Lamo (resized).jpgStarJet_2020 (resized).jpgStarJet_2020 (resized).jpg
#541 4 years ago

Judging by the amount of rust and the flaking especially in the blues on the playfield, I'm sure that game was in a very wet environment at some point. Such a rare game, definitely worth some TLC. Congrats on bringing it back to life.

Quoted from Tonup69:

Just picked up a nice functional Star-Jet. Just a few minor things to fix for it to be in fully working condition. One thing I am doing now is replacing all of these rusty lamp sockets on the playfield (which keeps burning out 10amp fuses). Also, the multiball function is not working - balls lock, but won't unlock (kicker not kicking). Cosmetics are pretty good for such a rare bird.[quoted image][quoted image]

#542 4 years ago

Working on a Gott Show Boat if anyone can help me troubleshoot a few things .... started a post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-gottlieb-show-boat-#post-5562340

#543 4 years ago

This one has been waiting in the queue for awhile. Bowling Queen Got it all working and the new parts have come in. It's in pretty good shape overall, will be a nice game when done.

BQ (resized).JPGBQ (resized).JPG
#544 4 years ago
Quoted from Tonup69:

the multiball function is not working - balls lock, but won't unlock (kicker not kicking)

Nice pick up! Good player when playing a 2 player game..

IMG_0124 (resized).JPGIMG_0124 (resized).JPG
#545 4 years ago

I was already aware of it not having a backglass, but years back when this showed up on a trade in,
I knew I didn't get the best of the deal with it having no back door, and the coin door lock was jig-sawed
out. But bit the bullet. Turned out to be a harder bite after opening it up earlier this month.
Already seeing the surprises on the outside, I should have expected.
Fortunately I had another machine I wasn't so sure what I was going to do with, but for sure it's a parts machine
now.. It plays fine, just need to do a little more cosmetic work..

IMG_0114 (resized).JPGIMG_0114 (resized).JPG
IMG_0117 (resized).JPGIMG_0117 (resized).JPG

IMG_0112 (resized).JPGIMG_0112 (resized).JPG
#546 4 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

I was already aware of it not having a backglass, but years back when this showed up on a trade in,
I knew I didn't get the best of the deal with it having no back door, and the coin door lock was jig-sawed
out. But bit the bullet. Turned out to be a harder bite after opening it up earlier this month.
Fortunately I had another machine I wasn't so sure what I was going to do with, but for sure it's a parts machine
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like you got your work cut out for you

#547 4 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

[quoted image]

Holy Shit!!!

#548 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Looks like you got your work cut out for you

Actually, had my work cut out for me. Another few hours, and she'll be 100%.
That yellow machine was a spare that I had around way before the one I fixed up.
I went through and used the yellow machines component board.
btw: you're package is going out first thing in the morning..

Quoted from EMsInKC:

Holy Shit!!!

Hard to believe all that one board's wiring was once as tight as the wiring on the board
that now is in the machine..

#549 4 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

[quoted image]

What were they thinking?????

#550 4 years ago

Working on my first em. Could use some guidance on what I’m doing please

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bow-and-arrow-reset-credit-and-other-issues

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
1,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
$ 51.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,129 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 83.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-you-working-on-right-now/page/11?hl=mopar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.