(Topic ID: 145101)

What are you thankful for in pinball and in life?

By kaneda

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.png
    #1 8 years ago

I'm thankful pinball exists. It's unlike anything else out there and in a digital world that has everyone looking like zombies staring at screens, it's nice to have a game that will never work digitally.

I'm thankful being a live and healthy and having the ability to work everyday with people I love and on projects that are sometimes dreams come true.

Lastly, I'm thankful for pinside and the ability to share our passion with such a wide variety of people and personalities. Much love guys. Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!

#2 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Lastly, I'm thankful for pinside and the ability to share our passion with such a wide variety of people and personalities. Much love guys. Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!

Ditto. For all the bickering and complaining, we're all here for the same reason--passion for pinball.

I've been lucky enough to meet some of you at a couple of events this past year or while buying/selling parts & games, and I've thoroughly enjoyed chatting with everyone in person.

Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels

#3 8 years ago

I'm thankful for Pinball Life

#4 8 years ago

Today I am thankful for Lyman F***** Sheats! Code dropping right before the long weekend. A God among pinball mortals!

#5 8 years ago

I am thankful that I have a lot of great things in my life: health, good standard of living, a great wife and sons who have grown up to be people I am proud of.

I am thankful also that pinball is around, I have a lot of fun with it, like it a lot and am getting to know the people online and it is nice to be part of the community. Plus it is really nice to have something where people are not (mostly) screaming at me about some injustice or another, or yelling at me because I am not screaming about some injustice or another.

#6 8 years ago

Fellow douchebags

#7 8 years ago

I'm thankful for my friends and family, that I have a job that provides the means to support my family and have some money left over to pump into expensive hobbies. I'm thankful for the (good) people on pinside who are willing to help a guy out with a problem (Dirtflipper, LTG and Clay especially).

But most of all, I'm thankful that my Dad has bought some more time and that I get to have him in my life for a while longer (long story).

I wish all of you a happy holiday season.

#8 8 years ago

I'm thankful for my family and our health. Also for Robin providing us an invaluable service and having all you guys in this community. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

#9 8 years ago

I'm thankful I can try and help make pinball a little bit better.

Happy Thanksgiving !

LTG : )

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

Fellow douchebags

You called?

#11 8 years ago

That pinball is alive and kick'n and going where it is going.
    In 2009 I visualized making a live with pinball games out before owning one,
    I put out my 18th pinball machine and don't work computer gigs anymore.

#12 8 years ago

I'm thankful for family, health, home, Stern, Mopar and the upcoming election.

#14 8 years ago

I'm thankful for getting my TAFG back from Chris tomorrow! HEPpy Thanksgiving!

#15 8 years ago

I was going to say..... sounds like a sales pitch for "pinball life" TERRY ... you readin this! HA

#16 8 years ago

I'm thankful that after 30 years I'm still here and in one piece....period!

#17 8 years ago

Thankful for everything I have and all the things I don't have.

#18 8 years ago

Playing for 47 years, and owning for 44.....Its kept me sane or insane...not sure.

I am thankful for Pinside and you guys and gals. Its kept me going. I am very grateful.

#19 8 years ago

I'm thankful for my health, family, and friends. This hobby has been a great distraction from work and have made some new friends. Life is good. Love the silverball!

#20 8 years ago

At this moment I am thankful for dogfish ale and beelzeboob.

#21 8 years ago

Turkey day!!!!!

#22 8 years ago

I'm thankful that I have a healthy happy family.

I'm happy I jumped back into this hobby a few years ago and found Pinside. I've made a lot of new friends and played alot of pinball.

#23 8 years ago

2015 has been a great year for me

So much has been going on, so much has changed

This year has been, and continues to be, awesome

#24 8 years ago

I am thankful I had 45 years with my dad who passed in March. He was larger than life to me and I miss him every day. I am thankful I had great parents who are mostly responsible for where I am now. Also thankful for great folks in the pinball hobby.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

Fellow douchebags

Hey! That's me!!!

Quoted from yzfguy:

At this moment I am thankful for dogfish ale and beelzeboob.

Don't make me get all emotional, now. I am NOT taking the day off from breaking your teal-colored balls.

Quoted from rstrunks:

I am thankful I had 45 years with my dad who passed in March. He was larger than life to me and I miss him every day. I am thankful I had great parents who are mostly responsible for where I am now. Also thankful for great folks in the pinball hobby.

That's exactly how long I had my dad for. We're a lucky couple of guys, brother, and I'm raising a glass to your dad today.

As for me, I'm thankful to have made it to 51, to have recently found such an incredible hobby, to have the greatest woman in the world for a wife, and for all the wonderful friends I've made on Pinside. (Or at least they act like they're my friends when I'm buying... )

As for Pinside, I'm thankful for the more reasonable moderation around here lately. It's been duly noted and is much appreciated. Great work, mods!

#26 8 years ago

I am thankful that pinball is in my life.

#27 8 years ago

Happy Turkey Day

Thankful for family, friends and good health.

#28 8 years ago

I'm thankful I was able to buy my A-title games at $1500 a pop back in the 90's, instead of at $8K now.

That would suck...

#29 8 years ago

gratitude. its one of my pet peaves. so many in our world lack any type of gratitude.

I am truly grateful every day. not just today for a healthy family. a nice home, a great job. my lovely wife who thinks I am the greatest thing since sliced bread. my wonderful kids. my daughter, hannah who at 23 has already done more in her life than I have at almost 50. my sons, Malcolm, who can see things as they really are. seth, who at 8 can build anything without instructions. mickey, who is the funniest person I have ever met. I am also grateful that I am able to enjoy my life long dream of owning my own pinball machines.
    I am grateful for all the wonderful people I have met because of pinball. lastly, I am grateful to all who have the courage to defend and protect freedom every day. (sorry for the rant, the scotch and soda are really kicking in.) happy thanksgiving to all.
    long live the silver ball! oh, kanada, best thread you have started yet. bravo Zulu man.

#30 8 years ago

I am thankful for Kristin, my wife, for running our pinball business. I am also thankful for all of our customers and all the pinheads I have met over the last couple of years.

#31 8 years ago

I have gratitude for existence, our sun, our planet, life, evolution, conciousness, intelligence, health, being here now rather than some crappy place and/or a crappier time, reason, science, medicine, modern conveniences, abundant entertainment, freedom, humor, family, friends, happiness, and last but not least, pinball!

#32 8 years ago

I am thankful for rotating beacons, a lighted ramp & the potential for a possible smoke machine...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-you-thankful-for-in-pinball-and-in-life and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.