image.jpg
image.jpg
image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

GOT has a much smaller fan base than Kiss so we'll see…

Perhaps among pinheads because of demographics!
Definitively not in the 15-30 age range.
Fortunately not in Europe.

#52 8 years ago
#53 8 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Raza #40 position, what I have in it. $4250. Pm me.

I'll beat that With my RAZA spot. $3k and your $6500.00 paid

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Raza #40 position, what I have in it. $4250. Pm me.

I'll beat that With my RAZA spot. $3k and your $6500.00 paid

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

You should change the title to what are you selling to pay or make room for GOT. I'm limited to 7 pins or staying married.

I agree, I'm also at seven which is the right number. I have had eight sold my T2 (back to 7) so I have a tough decision especially if they come out with SMVE. I want to be a free agent going into the pinball expo next month and haven't ruled out Kiss. I hate to say this but maybe WW or my original pin Pin Bot, remotely WOZ not there yet. I have other pins I'm interested in beside GOT. Yikes

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

GOT has only been around 4 years so it has plenty of room to grow.

The first book is like 20 years old. This is a huge franchise.

#57 8 years ago
#58 8 years ago

I'm selling an absolutely mint, documented HUO AFM. Looks NIB. Not a speck of dirt.

#59 8 years ago

I walked down my collection last night and can not find one I want to let go. I have one more potential spot and it will Piss off all others in the house, oh well, not that first rodeo.

#60 8 years ago

Space is not an issue for me, and my collection is still small. I'm thankful I don't have to sell anything to get this. We will see how good it is first though.

#61 8 years ago

Space is a big issue in my basement. With football season upon us I have limited room to watch on the big screen right now.

My wife said fit them all on one wall or else.

I'm got a TAF NASCAR RS and a couple of EM's for sale locally.

I still won't have room for both GOT and TH but probably won't have to worry about that till next spring.

#62 8 years ago

SM / I LOVE SM / I Sold it though // I WANT A PEEK AT GOT/ Better been worth selling my SM

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The first book is like 20 years old. This is a huge franchise.

Oh really??? Book?? See what I mean…

#64 8 years ago

I am looking for a B list 90s B/W DMD if anyone in the area wants to free up some space. prefer working as I have lots of projects currently, but of course open to complete but in need of work since the winter season is just around the corner.

#65 8 years ago

Allegedly over 60 million books sold.....

Even in this TV obsessed world 60 million would suggest a pretty strong sales base.

worrying 50 shades of grey has sold 100 million.............

#66 8 years ago

Some great titles coming out that's for sure....GOT, Ghostbusters, SMVE, Star Wars & Aliens. All should be pretty good pins.

GOT is a hot theme but has me worried it will be too much like LOTR (I'm not a big fan of super long ball time games)
SMVE - You know what your getting as far as the layout and the gettin's good.
Star Wars - This theme has been blown more than any other in pinball.....one decent title in how many tries? A solid showing here would be HUGE.
Aliens - I like what I'm seeing from this company. Full Throttle looks awesome and the layout for Aliens looks VERY promising. In todays world these machine are offering good bang for your buck also.
Ghostbusters - It absolutely MUST be the classic movie theme to succeed. Ton's of nostalgia with this one. Still a family favorite movie and just a huge classic. Great theme for pinball.

#67 8 years ago

Most likely Star Trek Pro after these ship..

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Ghostbusters - It absolutely MUST be the classic movie theme to succeed. Ton's of nostalgia with this one. Still a family favorite movie and just a huge classic. Great theme for pinball.

Stern? Rough release date?

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Stern? Rough release date?

Stern and "upcoming" is all I've heard so far.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Some great titles coming out that's for sure....GOT, Ghostbusters, SMVE, Star Wars & Aliens. All should be pretty good pins.

Can you imagine the games that will be for sale soon? Robin, you better add some megabytes, gigabytes and terabytes to the Marketplace…

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Absolutely… selling ALWAYS increases when a major new title is announced. Sometimes its a minor increase and sometimes its major. The Kiss announcement spurred a major increase in selling for a few weeks at least. Maybe not all was due to the announcement but there was definitely a lotta selling going on!

I used to laugh,save up some cash and really enjoyed it when the guys sold games and now I'm selling my IJ to buy a kiss!

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Kiss also have a lot of people that think they are the lamest band ever. Very much a love/hate type of polarizing band (far more so than the Stones, ACDC and Metallica which are all at least somewhat generally respected even by non-fans).

GoT derives no such strong negative connotations. Most everyone likes or at least has some level of interest in dragons and kings and family drama.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

GoT derives no such strong negative connotations. Most everyone likes or at least has some level of interest in dragons and kings and family drama.

...and boobs.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

far more so than the Stones, ACDC and Metallica

Friendly challenge, many people dislike Metallica just like Kiss but for different reasons. If you know the hacker community at all, Metallica's attack on napster and bittorrent made them the villain.

Not to distract the thread on who's right or wrong in that argument, just that Metallica has many haters as well. Almost as many as Kiss.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Not to distract the thread on who's right or wrong in that argument, just that Metallica has many haters as well. Almost as many as Kiss.

Agreed. The Napster attack will forever anger some.

The point I was really getting at but did a poor job articulating is the other three bands I mentioned are at least respected as artists and writers and what not - a lot of people think Kiss were okay live performers that got lucky in marketing themselves with their circus costumes. I don't think anyone would ever say that about the Rolling Stones.

I'm just stating perception, not necessarily reflecting my personal views.

#77 8 years ago

Napster made me dislike metallica as people, but I still respect their work.

I have nothing against kiss as people, but I can't believe their crappy music and costumes made them as popular as they are.

You'd get a way better show setting off fireworks at an oakland raiders tailgate

#78 8 years ago

Gotta play GOT first, of course. But it will likely blow me away and I will have to part ways with TZ.

#79 8 years ago

Want to see/play GoT first but my STTNG is on the marketplace to fund the next pin. I hope GoT is up to expectations but if not, I am sure there are plenty of others that will fit the bill just fine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fsft-star-trek-the-next-generation-1

#80 8 years ago

I wonder if some AMH spots might open up. That would be interesting. Still kicking myself for missing out on AMH but I couldn't bring myself to pre order without playing first from a then unproven company.

Now I want one.

#81 8 years ago

stocks.

#82 8 years ago

Her....

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Had a quick realistic look at my assets:
Car #1 : worth less than $2k
Car #2 : will probably have to pay to get rid of it
Cat #1 : see above
Motorcycle #1: Sold already
Boat #1: Wish I had one
Pins : the ones FS won't even cover 1/4 of GoT price
Me: Too ugly for prostitution
Any idea?

Sell blood plasma. As stupid as that sounds, you could actually pay for some of these pre-orders doing it twice a week from announcement date to time of shipment date. Not gonna work so well for GOT though.

#84 8 years ago

Probably ACDC Premium once I get a little more information. Local sale only though.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

I have nothing against kiss as people

Hmm....seems you don't know Gene well enough then.

I think he's one of the biggest A-Holes of all time. (Still....I loved them when I was in sixth grade....but that was about it).

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

I will save my money for the next title ... If it's Star Wars .... or The Muppets

"IF" Star Wars is good I "MIGHT" buy my 2nd NIB. "IF" and "MIGHT" are the key words here.

#87 8 years ago

Ugh.

I will need to sell something to make the space

I suspect it will be my cherry TSPP.... Though ive barely learned the game yet!

#88 8 years ago

Over the Labor Day weekend, I'm charging $100 a call and $50 an email, for tech support.

I'll have a GOT in no time.

LTG : )™

#89 8 years ago

All my money is in the medieval Castle.
So i have to finished first and sell.
But i won't.
Maybe after a few years when i can afford it.

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

If I like the look of it and it plays well I may sell Paragon to fund the purchase of a Game of Thrones .

I will not be selling my Paragon to fund the purchase of Game of Thrones . I would have been looking to get the pro version and the absence of the upper playfield on the pro version was enough for me to decide that I don't need to sell my paragon and buy Game of Thrones . Sorry to anyone that was interested in my Paragon .

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I will not be selling my Paragon to fund the purchase of Game of Thrones .

You might need to after you lose the bet!

#92 8 years ago

Seems this thread has died out.

#93 8 years ago

Lol, look before you leap!

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Oh, I dont know...who wants to really sell anything?
Just need more room and money!
Sadly, got to do something, if the game rocks as it should.
Whats not getting played.....Pinball Magic, Class of 1812, Congo, WWLE....bundle deal...like on Pickers!

I'll take that Pinball Magic..

#95 8 years ago

I saw the pictures this morning and it would have to be premium for me. Pro version is missing too much.

1 month later
#96 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Oh, I dont know...who wants to really sell anything?
Just need more room and money!
Sadly, got to do something, if the game rocks as it should.
Whats not getting played.....Pinball Magic, Class of 1812, Congo, WWLE....bundle deal...like on Pickers!

I would be interested in your Class of 1812. Please message me details. Thank you.

2 weeks later
#97 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Gotta play GOT first, of course. But it will likely blow me away and I will have to part ways with TZ.

TZ is already gone. Now have most of the funds for GOT premium. Already have a deposit put down with Trent@Tilt Am. Getting excited now!

#98 8 years ago

I sold my stepdaughter to science to pay for an LE. Now I just have to scrape up the other 7k.

#99 8 years ago

My Star Trek:TNG is for sale to fund a GOT

#100 8 years ago

Nothing I've GOT is going. I'll wait.....probably even pass on GOT.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-you-selling-to-pay-for-got/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.