(Topic ID: 284930)

What are you looking forward to in 2021?

By PopBumperPete

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by poppapin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    DSCN7384 (resized).JPG
    F65A2640-8130-4B44-8B45-C452B57F1DBD (resized).jpeg
    There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

myself, I became an amputee at the end of 2019 (right leg below knee)(i wont bore you with the story)

next week I get my car converted so I can drive again
    later this month they will start to fry to fit a prosthetic leg

What are you looking forward to in 2021?

#2 3 years ago

Sorry to hear about your leg. My friend lost his leg below the knee last year too. He has a prosthetic. I hope things get better for you. Now to answer your question. I am looking forward to Stern making my SW Pro that I bought last August!

#3 3 years ago

Looking forward to getting vaccinated for covid.

#4 3 years ago

Hopefully open up again, and hopefully for good, even with restrictions.

Maybe one new game.

And helping people with their games.

LTG : )

#5 3 years ago

I'm looking forward to hopefully having a gymnastics tournament in March for my son and being able to spend our Air BnB and airline ticket credits before they expire.

#6 3 years ago

Breathing and taking nourishment

#7 3 years ago

PopBumperPete - Sorry to hear about the amputation. Best wishes for things to get better for you.
    At this time, for Covid to get under control, vaccinations to get out there and work, by mid year the economy start to recover for everybody, and trying to only buy one game in 2021.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinball2020:

popbumperpete - Sorry to hear about the amputation. Best wishes for things to get better for you.
    At this time, for Covid to get under control, vaccinations to get out there and work, by mid year the economy start to recover for everybody, and trying to only buy one game in 2021.

ahhh, noobie
    you need to think bigger
    do you really need a dining room table?
    there is space in the kitchen also

#9 3 years ago

WW3

#10 3 years ago

Getting back to the Beach

#11 3 years ago

Going to shows and barcades without having to show your papers.

#12 3 years ago

Buying Godzilla!

#13 3 years ago

Retirement. That already came true as that started on January 1st.

#14 3 years ago

IFPA-sanctioned tourneys.

#15 3 years ago

Getting the jab and resuming relatively normal social life.

Summer / beach season.

#16 3 years ago

F65A2640-8130-4B44-8B45-C452B57F1DBD (resized).jpegF65A2640-8130-4B44-8B45-C452B57F1DBD (resized).jpeg

Forgetting 2020 ....

#17 3 years ago

Standing, for more than 5 minutes without pain, so I can fix and play!!!

#18 3 years ago

Rebuilding my collection. Sold off all 12 pins past 2 years as a hedge to uncertainty at work.

Sorry to hear that OP. Glad you are getting your car converted and get more mobility....best wishes!!

#19 3 years ago

A nice long vacation, was the busiest we’ve ever been in 2020.

#20 3 years ago

I plan on making it to one of the bigger pinball shows assuming one of them still happens!

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

ahhh, noobie
    you need to think bigger
    do you really need a dining room table?
    there is space in the kitchen also

LOL. You know it, brother.
    I did that dance years ago in the B.C. (Before Children) era when I use run arcade machines. We had no dining room furniture and I had my Transporter: The Rescue in there with mirrored walls and a chandelier light. In the hallway were upright machines as well as in our dayroom. We were the place to go to when people wanted to have holiday get togethers. As we had kids and they got older and more pets the machines had to go.

Yes, like a lot of others I still wish I had the Transporter: The Rescue .

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Standing, for more than 5 minutes without pain, so I can fix and play!!!

I hate being an old man
    my body has turned into a barometer
    darn weather

#23 3 years ago

Oriole Park at Camden Yards.

Can’t wait!

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Retirement. That already came true as that started on January 1st.

I haven't set my alarm clock since retirement this summer.Takes some getting used to but so worth it.As for me the same as most...vaccine and a return to normalcy.

#26 3 years ago

Having a big party at the "R"cade Gold mine! Lots of beer, camp out and a giant cookout with a few games to play!

#27 3 years ago

Nice road trip to Moab Utah.

#28 3 years ago

I’m excited to see what new JJP will come out. I think RAZA will interesting also. It’s all too easy to shit on Deeproot, but I think their heart is in the right place. They are just trying to be “too fancy”. The Pinbar looks good on paper, but it’s not necessary. Just make a good game. I hope they find their footing. I’m all for the underdogs taking over the industry a percentage at a time. People have become too accepting of cheap, low quality pins that are overpriced with no heart.

#29 3 years ago

Baseball games in person.
    A cooling off of the political insanity that has befallen my country.

#30 3 years ago

I am hoping to work a ton of overtime so i can afford Toy Story from JJP. Otherwise Im just hoping to survive, maybe sell some keychains

#31 3 years ago

Things getting back to normal which includes shows and swap meets.

#32 3 years ago

Going to SS Billiards.

Seeing friends

Visit family

#33 3 years ago

Deleting Zoom because I can see my parents in person.

(Although I suspect that will be more of a 2022 thing)

#34 3 years ago

I’m looking forward to a few things: a different pin, as I always mix it up..another dog/companion for my Maltese..and hopefully a lil more golf this year. Best to you PBP with what’s all going on

#35 3 years ago

CGC actually releasing a game.....maybe

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinNickleby:

Looking forward to getting vaccinated for covid.

Same here!

#37 3 years ago

Biggest thing for me is that it’s not 2020.

#38 3 years ago

I hope 2021 can provide at least as much fun and games as 2020 did. It's really going to be a tough one to top.

I guess I'll start it off by putting on a good buzz and playing some Radical! that took half of 2020 to get where it is now.

DSCN7384 (resized).JPGDSCN7384 (resized).JPG
    #39 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I hope 2021 can provide at least as much fun and games as 2020 did. It's really going to be a tough one to top.
    I guess I'll start it off by putting on a good buzz and playing some Radical! that took half of 2020 to get where it is now.[quoted image]

Radical is such a great game, thanks to fireball2 for showing me the light on this title. Your game looks sweet!

#40 3 years ago

Id like to make it to pincinnatti and bring a game.
    Was at lax last March and brought a game and had a
    blast and made some new friends and the northern ky / cincy people were very cool to hang around.

#41 3 years ago

Spending time with family and friends

#42 3 years ago

- Keep playing guitar.

- Give time to my kids.

- Meet more pinball people as time/situations permits.

#43 3 years ago

I'm making no goals or resolutions for 2021. All I want is for the world to vaccinate, heal, and cleanse itself from COVID so we can get back to some normalcy.

#44 3 years ago

Getting to see my son play high school football this spring. He’s a senior at a nationally ranked football program and has been playing/training for this year since he was 7.

#45 3 years ago

"Hoping" for safe holiday travel by 11/25/2021. Not holding my breath.

#46 3 years ago

Paying off this:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

And then buying one of these the very next day:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I don't pay $15K for pinball machines, but I do for that motorcycle.

3 weeks later
    #47 3 years ago

Restarting my pinball collection. Sold all 12 of my games over past 2 years as a hedge against job uncertainty. Still at the job so just bought my second time around 1st game from a cool Pinsider and picking it up Feb 8th.

#48 3 years ago

$4 a gallon average for gas in USA
    Job-less rate climbing due to climate change and immigration policies enacted by Exec-Orders
    Blue states continuing shutdowns for no reason
    Buying a house and building a pin barn to house collection
    Going to no pinball events or shows if they resume this year
    Hoping the post office catches up on its backlogged mail (Still running days late in MI.)

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

next week I get my car converted so I can drive again
    later this month they will start to fry to fit a prosthetic leg

I once worked on a gig where the DJ had no arms from the shoulders at birth. At one point he took me out to his van that he drove himself. How did he steer? Same way he spun records. Hope for 2021? A spaceship to land from a "foreign" planet and shock us all into reality.

#50 3 years ago

Sold my house up in NY to move down to Florida. Tired of all the NYS BS. Now the 11 month wait for the new home construction. So I’m looking forward to moving into my new home..

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-you-looking-forward-to-in-2021?hl=nazz26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.