(Topic ID: 212705)

What are you favorite themes of existing games?

By lpeters82

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mrossman5
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dm (resized).jpg
    Gameroom (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Ignoring everything else, what are your favorite themes of existing games?

Jurassic Park
    Monster Bash
    Theater of Magic
    Cactus Canyon
    Godzilla
    Wrath of Olympus

#2 6 years ago

STTNG

Honorable Mention:
    Monster Bash
    Elvira
    Funhouse
    Ghostbusters
    Game of Thrones
    Centaur (Well, the art more than the "theme" i suppose)

#3 6 years ago

Space the final frontier....

#4 6 years ago

Any and all horror themes. I don’t know why as I haven’t watched a horror movie since I was a kid.

Creature from the Black Lagoon
    The Walking Dead
    Dracula
    Monster Bash
    Elvira

Also enjoy western themes. Lived out west for years and was always fascinated by cowboys & Indians.

Fast Draw / Quick Draw
    Cactus Canyon

And magic works well with pinball.

Theatre of Magic
    Houdini
    Abra ca Dabra

#5 6 years ago

big fan of the show #game-of-thrones-le so i love the pinball machine and hope to own one.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sleaterkiss:

Any and all horror themes. I don’t know why as I haven’t watched a horror movie since I was a kid.
    Creature from the Black Lagoon
    The Walking Dead
    Dracula
    Monster Bash
    Elvira
    Also enjoy western themes. Lived out west for years and was always fascinated by cowboys & Indians.
    Fast Draw / Quick Draw
    Cactus Canyon
    And magic works well with pinball.
    Theatre of Magic
    Houdini
    Abra ca Dabra

I agree with all of yours. Those are basically the reasoning behind my choices of Monster Bash, Cactus Canyon, and Theatre of Magic.

#7 6 years ago

Bad Cats

#8 6 years ago

Fashion Show

#9 6 years ago

Jaws, Blade Runner....oh, you mean real pinball games? Aliens, Ghostbusters. Anything 80s is pure gold.

#10 6 years ago

I like themes that lend themselves to humor; Monster Bash, Scared Stiff, Batman 66...and Bad Cats.

#11 6 years ago

I like stuff that is off the beaten path a little.

Diner
    Houdini
    Congo (not the movie as much as the jungle stuff)
    Anything Star Trek.

#12 6 years ago

Top 5
    Jurassic Park
    X files
    Metallica
    Ac dc
    Dirty Harry

#13 6 years ago

I guess I'm liking the super hero theme right now.

Gameroom (resized).jpgGameroom (resized).jpg

#14 6 years ago

Personally, I like unique themes. Not a fan of the Super Hero or Rock Bamd trend going on lately with Stern. Dialed In is a good example of a unique theme IMO.

Historical examples:
    - Funhouse
    - Roadshow
    - Catcus Canyon
    - TOM
    - MM
    - Circus Voltaire
    - Monster Bash
    - Haunted House 1980’s

#15 6 years ago

Besides the great ones that people have mentioned like TOM, MM, MB, etc, I have always liked the ocean and undersea themes. We need more like Fathom, Atlantis, Sea Witch, etc. Jaws, anyone?

#16 6 years ago

Theme is a huge part of my pinball enjoyment.

Doctor Who is my favorite show and it's no coincidence that it was my first pin.

#17 6 years ago

TRON, my old mans favourite movie up until the day he passed away & my son is cslled Flynn for that very reason, he loves it when the game shouts out his name - priceless

#18 6 years ago

Cars-racing... Corvette, I500. Even like NASCAR. Just seem to integrate well and I have a lot of fun with them.

#19 6 years ago

Lord of the rings (guess Hobbit too)
    Monster Bash
    Medieval Madness
    America's most haunted
    Funny themes like junkyard

#20 6 years ago

Blue Chip
    Cirqus Voltaire
    Voltan Escapes Cosmic Doom
    Canada Dry

#21 6 years ago

Diner really surprised me. Thought I would hate it but I actually really like it.

#22 6 years ago

Getting drunk in the park with hot chicas

dm (resized).jpgdm (resized).jpg

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Besides the great ones that people have mentioned like TOM, MM, MB, etc, I have always liked the ocean and undersea themes. We need more like Fathom, Atlantis, Sea Witch, etc. Jaws, anyone?

Baywatch? Shark!

#24 6 years ago

Pokerino is pretty bizarre. I like it just for that reason.

#25 6 years ago

Love the Back to the Future theme

Hate BTTF pinball

#26 6 years ago

TWD is a great pin with a great theme. TWD is a modern theme (which seems all-too rare now-a-days where new pins with 90's themes are actually some of the newer ones ), an adult-horror and current-culture resonant zombie theme, best dots in pinball (very graphic dots with impressive artistic merit, and using the DMD color/style artistry), and maybe the best coding in pinball (super deep, but not a long playing story-based game). Many alternate sound codes to satisfy all types of tastes. Both Borg and Lyman call TWD special, acknowledging it to an improved Metallica. Great game and great fun.

Theme matters. Cheers.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

We need more like Fathom, Atlantis, Sea Witch, etc. Jaws, anyone?

I'm with ya, we need more of that and more original space themes, I always thought something like "event horizon" not based on the film which I love but an original theme, more space, more ocean, more wildlife and less hero's, pop tv programs and old bands, unless its Maiden, Sabbath, Motorhead, Deep purple, Slayer, Judas priest............Damn it. I would also like to see a generic pin, plain cab with a generic translite and simple but fun ruleset that worked well with whatever music I desire, so you could add 15 mp3's to ur usb stick and easily transfer into the pin where they work in the 15 modes or whatever so within minutes you change the game from Death Metal to Jazz if thats ur thing or dare I say country western, I dared.......Damn it.

#28 6 years ago

ST and SW are two pins I like with good theme.

#29 6 years ago

Anything with an outdoors theme I usually like. Have WH20 & Frontier love em both

#30 6 years ago

Tron and Twilight Zone stand out for me.

#32 6 years ago

Space, Billiards, Poker, Alien Poker

#33 6 years ago

I like the corny stuff...

Mousin' Around
    BadCats
    Diner
    FishTales

#34 6 years ago

Indiana Jones (Williams) -- with pinsound.

Dirty Harry.

Both take me back to movies I enjoyed before everything was done in front of a green screen.

#35 6 years ago

It’s funny, some games actually get me into a franchise or theme.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-you-favorite-themes-of-existing-games?hl=michigandad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.