(Topic ID: 30718)

What are you average scores on RBION ? UPDATE !

By Gerry

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture league averages.JPG
#1.JPG
RBION.JPG

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Upgraded flipper coils?? Are you crazy? The stock coils are so ridiculously strong and the game is incredibly fast with the stock coils. There are so many close up shots stronger coils will make the game even harder to play. And they are definitely not needed if your flippers are properly rebuilt.

Totally agree. I usually avoid shooting the scoop altogether since the flippers are so strong, the chance of it bouncing out and draining is so high.

#52 11 years ago

I LOVE this game yet still wanna light it on fire...

4 games in a row. under a mil total score...

game times, just over a minute.. WTF over !

the balls must be giuded to the outlanes using the FORCE.. !

Dont get me wrong i have had some very enjoyable and good games on it...

but then a whole day of nothing but drains can happen... stupid drains at that...

I think IM and RBION are the 2 most frustrating games i have ever played...TZ might come in as 3rd... JM can be a bastard as well... and i have played most every SS and DMD to extent...

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

the balls must be giuded to the outlanes using the FORCE.. !

Lol Gerry. I've thought the same thing. The balls always roll outside and nudging seems pointless, because they never seem to cooperate .

#54 11 years ago

Yep...LOL

its killing me...

You gotta keep them away from the outlanes all together...

If the ball even sniffs an outlane, its gone !

#55 11 years ago

I thought you sniffed her inlane?

#56 11 years ago

Did that for a while last night....

It was FUUUUUUUNNNNNN !

1 week later
#57 11 years ago

Once you break that Atlantis seal it flows like water!
Couldn't top my other score. Atlantis jackpots were higher this time, 2.4mill, but I didn;t hit as many. #1.JPG#1.JPG

#58 11 years ago

Wow. Impressive

#59 11 years ago

For a high score on RBION you have to achieve at least a couple of these things in one game:

1. Make every skill shot. That's 6 million points per 3-ball game right there. If you manage to earn one extra ball that gives you another 4 million. If you manage to earn yet another extra ball that gives you another 5 million. That's a total of 15 million just from the skill shots! Earning (or being awarded) 2 extra balls in one game of RBION is not that hard as there are many ways to earn an extra ball; 2mil super jackpot, tic-tac-toe board, Idol hits, BOZO award, and amazing event (mystery award at scoop).

2. Unlimited millions (awarded from the tic-tac-toe board). You can really jack your score up quickly in this mode. Every shot to the upper loop increases the "millions" award.

3. Super Jackpot. Enough said. It only requires 2 shots (any combination of the ramps and upper loop) to relight the super jackpot so getting 2 during multiball is not out of reach even for an average player.

4. Stack your modes. All single modes can be stacked with another mode. All you have to do after a single ball mode starts is shoot the right ramp and then the vari-target; a second mode will start.

5. Time your 2x playfield scoring wisely. Multiball is a obvious place to want to have 2x scoring, but the *big* 2x opportunity is when you have played, uh visited, all the continents and then shoot the vari-target for your reward. You get 1 million PLUS the grand total of all your scores from all 7 continents. If you have 2x going this score will be doubled. It's not uncommon to get 15m if you can accomplish this. Unlimited millions is another mode that can really jack up your score if you have 2x going.

6. Try to get the road trip mode started on ball one as the total amount of jewels you earn will be part of your bonus for all the remaining balls in your game.

Most people who do not *get* this game to not understand the tic-tac-toe board. Learning when to open the gate or when to keep it closed is key to controlling the board and earning the awards when and where you best need them.

I've owned this game for 8 years and the most Ripley's letters I have ever gotten is 5. You not only have to play a mode to get a letter, you must also beat it. If you do not beat it you must travel the entire continent, relight the mode, and play if from the beginning (no progress save). Some of the more lucrative points come with no possible letter reward; i.e. - super jackpot, unlimited millions, and continent reward. To get to the eighth continent (wizard mode) you have to get all 7 Ripley's letters, but don't let that distract you from some big scoring opportunities along the way. If you focus strictly on getting to the wizard mode (highly unlikely for the average player) you will probably not end up with a very high score.

My average score is around 25m; left outlane all the way open, right outlane half open, all settings on factory default. My highest score (out of probably 4000 tries) is 159m. Just about every element of the above 6 I described occurred in that game.

Terry.

#60 11 years ago

It doesn't count, but I put up 197M on the Pinball Arcade version the other night. No Atlantis, but I did get Frog Frenzy and three all continents visited, plus a ton multiballs. PBA is so easy compared to real life.

#61 11 years ago

Wow Terry, thank you for such an awesome post

I hit skill shot once and it was worth around 50,000 points. I assumed it was worthless. When does it start getting awesome?

#62 11 years ago

The skill shot should start at 1m and increment by 1m until it caps.

My objectives when I play:

- err on the side of plunging soft/short of the skill shot - a number of switches won't flip the skill shot off, and if you drain while the skill shot is lit, you get a ball save (multiple drains, even)

- modes, modes, modes. With the cumulative All Continents Visited effect + super jackpot on each, this is a big score.

- if you start a Road Show, hold the ball on the flipper and let it expire. There's just more you can be doing other than building up jewels while you're still alive/not being throttled by the right outlane in this game

I've tried to time up 2x scoring to multiballs or the easier modes/All Continents Visited super jackpot, but it's tough to make it work, especially considering sometimes the ball is hit too quickly for the diverter and/or ends up in the wrong lane anyways.

1 year later
#63 10 years ago

This is indeed a very tough machine.

I bought one when it came up because of the positive experience with the TPA version. TPA is much easier than real life.

Currently the machine has some bad switches, and the right ramp diverter isn't working, which causes right ramp shots to always go into the kicker. This makes for some interesting results when lock is lit, because it will sometimes kick out multiple balls when it shouldn't (multiball that isn't multiball).

The VUK switch was broken; I thought I fixed it; but it appears broken again, so the game is pretty unplayable.... no use hitting the vari-target when it doesn't recognize the ball.

As far as scores go? My highest scores tend to be from 7mil to 20 mil... definitely started getting better at it when I hit the skill shots, and concentrated a bit more on getting the left ramp flowing... even if you just get all "A"s in the tic-tac-toe grid, you can build up some decent points.

Have never gotten more than 2 Ripley letters in a game.... Africa seems impossible to finish; Asia is MUCH harder on my machine than showed in the video. I think Asia requires 36 spins, and I think the previous owner (HUO) actually greased the spinners... so they hardly spin at all.

I want to get this machine up to snuff; but since I've never experienced what a real machine should act like... I'm not sure how to go about it. Will probably make a thread about it in the repair section or something and show a lot of vids on it.

#64 10 years ago

All easy fixes and the parts are cheap. I am sure if you post for help you will get lots of advice to help you get it working properly.

#65 10 years ago

On my RBION the Asia shot is the letter giving shot for me . I put some Slick 50 on a Q-tip and dabed it on the spinner . A good shot from the left flipper will give me enough spins for a letter .

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

All easy fixes and the parts are cheap. I am sure if you post for help you will get lots of advice to help you get it working properly.

Thanks. Will do so when work dies down a bit today.

#67 10 years ago

When I used to own RBION, my best game ever was well over 200M, but that was with several extra balls, and the game was just one of those games that wouldn't end. I find in league most players are very happy with a score over 20M. Here is a snip of our league averages. You'll see that RBION has been picked over 300 times!

Capture league averages.JPGCapture league averages.JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-you-average-scores-on-rbion/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.