• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mb.jpg
45_G.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I think there are just four of them. They look like metal posts but they're flush with the playfield and the artwork acknowledges them. I've played MB a bit but I can't think what they are for.

I'm fully preparing myself for some obvious DUR explanation...

These:

45_G.jpg45_G.jpg

#2 10 years ago

I don't have a MB but I believe they are fastener holes holding something under the playfield. mb.jpgmb.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Looks that way but why on earth would you need to fasten something like that?

#4 10 years ago

Y eah poor deisgn in my opinion, from memory when i did a playfield swap they are holding the assembly for Dracular and his motor

#5 10 years ago

My MB with a NOS playfield, plastics and decals arrives tomorrow. Anticipation....

#6 10 years ago

Look at the heavy mechs below the playfield like the Drac mech.

That is what is holding them up.

Pounded through on top and bolts below.

LTG : )

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Y eah poor deisgn in my opinion, from memory when i did a playfield swap they are holding the assembly for Dracular and his motor

Good old Bally / Williams quality...and I thought they could do no wrong.

#8 10 years ago

I wonder if there is an actual story behind this - perhaps the mech was originally designed to be in another location and for whatever reason had to be moved there, resulting in the fastener holes in the middle of the playfield. Or it was held there through different means originally but through testing they had to put the fasteners through the top.

#9 10 years ago

I really struggled with these on my playfield swap - PITA.....

#10 10 years ago

the mounting had to be unique because of the huge cut in the playfield due to drac. They already had the problem with drac section warping somewhat. It's for the underside hardware. Pops are the same way, just are hidden. Better than if they put T nuts there instead.

#11 10 years ago

They could sink enough to get a ball stuck on them. MB rocks.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the mounting had to be unique because of the huge cut in the playfield due to drac. They already had the problem with drac section warping somewhat. It's for the underside hardware. Pops are the same way, just are hidden. Better than if they put T nuts there instead.

I don't understand how fastening through the playfield would prevent that bit warping though. Same weight pulling that section down. Surely all this does is make the connection more secure.

Anyway, mystery solved, thanks. Makes me wonder though. What other games have things like this right in the middle of the playfield? It took me a while to notice this and it's one of my favourite games so maybe there are loads of them?

#13 10 years ago

Keith Johnson posted the answer to this here awhile back. Can't remember exactly what his response was, but it explained it fully.

#14 10 years ago

it doesn't prevent warping. MB warp all the time if you don't have the add on bracket. But mounting with pins, might allow tight clearance for underside parts. plus the amount of vibration and other movement, T nuts might not have worked.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 75.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-those-things-on-monster-bash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.