(Topic ID: 258527)

What are these keys for? Backbox unlock issue.

By alexpdx

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3920 (resized).JPG
IMG_3921 (resized).JPG
DSC00180 (resized).JPG
IMG_3918 (resized).JPG
IMG_3919 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexpdx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I have three keys that came with my used Walking Dead (Pro) pin. (Pictures below)

-Two keys are identical (stamped "Suzo-Happ E21"). These open the coin door. They will also fit into the backbox lock, but they won't turn/unlock the backbox.

-The third key is different. It's flat on one side and is stamped "Suzo-Happ 510". It does not fit into the coin door or backbox. I have no idea what this key is for.

There are no additional keys hanging inside the coin door or in the coin box.

Questions:
-What is this third key for? Is there a lock on the machine I'm not seeing?
-Should my coin door key also unlock my backbox? Or are they keyed differently?
-Are these three keys the keys that would have come NIB with the machine?
-Is picking the backbox lock my best option?

The manual has no information regarding keys and I couldn't locate any posts asking this very novice question.

I really appreciate the help!
IMG_3918 (resized).JPGIMG_3918 (resized).JPGIMG_3919 (resized).JPGIMG_3919 (resized).JPG

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Contact your distributor.
You have two coin door keys and not the correct backbox key.

Quoted from TomGWI:

Have you tried the person you bought the game from?

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I purchased the game yesterday from a private seller (HUO) who bought it NIB in 2014. These three keys, all on the same keychain, is what the seller gave me.

I will ask, but I strongly doubt the seller has any additional keys lying around. I wouldn't be surprised if he never personally opened the backbox at all, as by his own admission he never had the machine serviced. So he may have not even known the third key did not work on anything.

Also, yes, it was incredibly foolish of me to not open the backbox prior to purchasing. I feel terrible about it.

#8 4 years ago

Thank you, everyone, for the replies. I will look into all of these suggestions.

I think this random third key may always be a mystery!

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

None hanging inside coin door?

Nope. I looked everywhere around the door twice, had someone else look as well, and checked everywhere on the floor of the cabinet.

Edit: Previous post I said their were no hooks. There are definitely hooks, but no keys.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

The lock you can't open will have a number on it similar to your other keys. Take that number to a hardware store or locksmith and they should be able to cut one from the number.

Hey, just wanted to follow up on this specific suggestion. I just got back from a local locksmith / key maker store, based off me sharing with him the images I shared above -- which show the lock (H95) and the key that fits but does not turn (E21) -- he was not able to make a key for me that fit. He wants me to bring in the physical key (E21) for the coin box and he will see what he can do. Didn't sound too promising. -- Appreciate the suggestion though!

I think I'll end up either picking the lock, or buying several Suzo Happ "H95" keys and see if any of them fit.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Here is a picture of where the hook and key should be on your game.
I realize yours may be missing. Just for reference for when you contact the seller.[quoted image]

Thanks. I just snapped these pictures of mine. I now notice the hooks, which of course, do not have keys on them.

IMG_3920 (resized).JPGIMG_3920 (resized).JPGIMG_3921 (resized).JPGIMG_3921 (resized).JPG
#15 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Here is a picture of where the hook and key should be on your game.
I realize yours may be missing. Just for reference for when you contact the seller.

LTG Would you be able to tell me if your backbox lock and keys have H95 stamped on them? Your keys look similar to these ones on amazon --- which I might just order. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/Double-Bitted-Cabinets-Drawers-Pinball/dp/B07B9PYFN2/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_2

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

I think all of my common locks are h95. I usually throw out the two keys that come with new ones since I would literally have over one hundred identical spare keys. I would gladly ship you one free of charge (if you can wait that long).

That would be amazing, thank you. I'll PM you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexpdx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-these-keys-for-backbox-unlock-issue-?tu=alexpdx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.