(Topic ID: 213635)

What are these connectors called...and where to buy them?

By goldenboy232

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4288 (resized).JPG
IMG_E0777 (resized).jpg
54421562737__6E461EFB-B364-47AE-906C-09F6A6EF9F48 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Hi guys, dumb question but what is the right name for these, and can I get them at Radio Shack? Or where? Need to solder two of them onto the wires leading from the coin lights on the Quick Draw I'm working on. These will connect to the two power wires coming off the coin door and screw into the inside of the cabinet.

Photos from another game for reference.

Thanks!

54421562737__6E461EFB-B364-47AE-906C-09F6A6EF9F48 (resized).jpg54421562737__6E461EFB-B364-47AE-906C-09F6A6EF9F48 (resized).jpg

IMG_E0777 (resized).jpgIMG_E0777 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

eyelet or ring terminals. you may have to be inventive and add your own star washer in between to ensure a good bite

http://www.wiringdepot.com/store/c/177-Ring-Hook-Terminals.aspx 22-18 AWG High-Temp, Non-Insulated, Ring Terminals, good for a #6 screw

#3 6 years ago

I believe they are star ring terminals and you should be able to find them at RS or on Ebay...

ebay.com link: Non insulated Crimp On Star Ring Terminals 16 to 14 Gauge 640 0043 RadioShack

#4 6 years ago

Ok thanks guys. And is the 22-18 preferred? Or the 16-14 gauge? Or does it really matter as long as I find the screw to fit through it, for this particular application?

#5 6 years ago

You'll need to fit both the screw in the side and the wire in the end, so the larger 16-14 gauge will be easier.

#6 6 years ago

Radio Shack still exists?

You should be able to find those in a hardware store.

#7 6 years ago

If you don't want to crimp, and stick with soldering, these are what you need:
https://abra-electronics.com/hardware/lugs/10-478c-lock-washer-solder-lug-4-pkg-of-100-10-478c.html

#8 6 years ago

Solder Lugs with lockwasher. They are definitely an "electronics" item not usually found at a hardware store. Radio Shack did NOT have them.

You'll need to look online to find them. You need a solder lug with #6 lockwasher end for a Gottlieb machine.

#9 6 years ago

Actually Radio Shack did have them. I have these. PM me your address and I will mail you some. I bought out all the parts out local RS had so I have a few packs of these.

IMG_4288 (resized).JPGIMG_4288 (resized).JPG

#10 6 years ago

Those aren't solder lugs, they're crimp lugs. The piece @op posted is a solder lug, as I linked above.

An eBay search will reveal plenty available.

#11 6 years ago

Any ring terminal with crimp or solder end would work. It shouldn't have to have a lock washer on the end as long as you snug the screw down. You should be able you find both things at your local Ace Hardware store.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-these-connectors-calledand-where-to-buy-them?hl=thewiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.