(Topic ID: 280552)

What are the worst alternate Translites?

By phalcon_2600

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by greeneye
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_852882161958628 (resized).jpeg
    05C1D1A8-11C5-44F3-86FA-3C37BB477B88 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0007 (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_2020-04-17-23-23-55-1 (resized).png
    D7B9178E-54F9-45E4-8910-97FBC5CA3A3E (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 8.05.04 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 8.04.38 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 8.04.31 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 8.04.24 PM (resized).png
    0A78FA45-CAD5-44C4-A510-47E673CF6388 (resized).jpeg
    sg3ljm1hw9531 (resized).jpg
    E3B0CBE1-3BA7-4B7F-88F0-95C717040887 (resized).png
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Ok Friends, lets play a game. What are the worst alternate pinball translites? Post your submissions here. This is my submission.

E3B0CBE1-3BA7-4B7F-88F0-95C717040887 (resized).pngE3B0CBE1-3BA7-4B7F-88F0-95C717040887 (resized).png
    #2 3 years ago

They are almost all Terrible and look out of place.

#3 3 years ago

every alternate T2 translite I've seen looks awful.

#4 3 years ago

almost all of them are horrible cringe on the level of the CPR conversion kits. The one that always sticks out in my mind is the Getaway one with the hot chicks and the ferarri. First of all, the car in the game is a damn Lambo not a Ferrari. The photoshopped hot chicks are just stupid looking and the whole thing together just looks awful, doesn't match the game, and again is just cringe. In the game, you're supposed to be driving around like a mountainous area with tunnels and whatnot but on the alt translite its like they are in rural Nebraska or something. Like what kind of a creepy old man who is completely out of touch with the world do you have to be to put something like this in your game? What kind of pea brain even designed this and was like "HELLL YEAH THIS IS AWESOME" Its not like I'm easily offended or think its sexist or whatever either, its just awful in every way and mind bogglingly stupid. I think almost all of them are nearly this bad, but its the one that always creeps into my mind when I hear "alternate translite"

#5 3 years ago

They are almost all bad, the only one I kind of like is this one for Spring Break. If only they had an alternate playfield to match.

#6 3 years ago
    #7 3 years ago

Great thread ........ we should change the title to. “ let’s shit on someone’s art skills “

#8 3 years ago

LMAO how bored with pinball do you have to be put one of these atrocities on your game?

You realize your wife and kids are laughing behind your backs at this stuff right?

#9 3 years ago

Most alt translites are indeed pretty bad.

The worst? Without a doubt, it's that "dirty" version of Flintstones.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from xeneize:

The worst? Without a doubt, it's that "dirty" version of Flintstones.

Despite being horribly crass and tasteless, it's one of the better executed ones from a technical standpoint.

#11 3 years ago

I like the flintstones one.
    And i like the congo one posted here but would not put it in the game

#12 3 years ago

The Congo alternate is about as bad as it comes. Irrelevant to the subject matter and also eliminates the proper use of the backbox flasher in the medallion at the bottom center of the translite.
    sg3ljm1hw9531 (resized).jpgsg3ljm1hw9531 (resized).jpg

#13 3 years ago

They Congo kne is easily the best becuase its so nonsensical.
    If thats the beat, it should tell yiu aboot the others.

Shadow & Genisis/Metropolis comes to mind first.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

oh, easy one...[quoted image]

I mean, that's the best looking one in this thread so far.

#16 3 years ago

I would have to say that the original Genesis translight is so bad that the alt looks better.

#17 3 years ago

This thread would be much shorter by naming the GOOD
    Alternate translites.

Aurich Shadow.
    2 of the DW alternates are pretty good.

/thread

#18 3 years ago

i actually like the OP's ac/dc illustration. not for a pinball machine, by any means. but as an arcade decoration, it's pretty rad.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

i actually like the OP's ac/dc illustration. not for a pinball machine, by any means. but as an arcade decoration, it's pretty rad.

The word "rad". Just laughing because you must be half my age. Carry on.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

almost all of them are horrible cringe on the level of the CPR conversion kits. The one that always sticks out in my mind is the Getaway one with the hot chicks and the ferarri. First of all, the car in the game is a damn Lambo not a Ferrari. The photoshopped hot chicks are just stupid looking and the whole thing together just looks awful, doesn't match the game, and again is just cringe. In the game, you're supposed to be driving around like a mountainous area with tunnels and whatnot but on the alt translite its like they are in rural Nebraska or something. Like what kind of a creepy old man who is completely out of touch with the world do you have to be to put something like this in your game? What kind of pea brain even designed this and was like "HELLL YEAH THIS IS AWESOME" Its not like I'm easily offended or think its sexist or whatever either, its just awful in every way and mind bogglingly stupid. I think almost all of them are nearly this bad, but its the one that always creeps into my mind when I hear "alternate translite"
    [quoted image]

Well, I don't know about all that--but after a couple of beers and watching several balls spin around the supercharger at mach 1--this T-lite actually makes sense.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

I would have to say that the original Genesis translight is so bad that the alt looks better.

I haven't seen the alt, but the original is horrid.

#22 3 years ago

Hey I appreciate the opposite sex, but doing this to an innocent game show pin is pretty bad..

#23 3 years ago

I have this one on my tron. I like it better then the original.

0A78FA45-CAD5-44C4-A510-47E673CF6388 (resized).jpeg0A78FA45-CAD5-44C4-A510-47E673CF6388 (resized).jpeg
    #24 3 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

The Congo alternate is about as bad as it comes. Irrelevant to the subject matter and also eliminates the proper use of the backbox flasher in the medallion at the bottom center of the translite.
    [quoted image]

lol i made that as a joke (that's so raven)

#25 3 years ago

I'm surprised, but I'm sort of liking the Congo one. I loke the voyeurs in the background, makes it funny.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aphex:

lol i made that as a joke (that's so raven)

I know it was joke. I thought it was very clever so I had to include it for fun.

#27 3 years ago

Most of the Baywatch one's are really bad. I doubt Pam was paid.

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 8.05.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-29 at 8.05.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-29 at 8.04.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-29 at 8.04.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-29 at 8.04.31 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-29 at 8.04.31 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-29 at 8.04.24 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-29 at 8.04.24 PM (resized).png

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This thread would be much shorter by naming the GOOD
    Alternate translites.
    Aurich Shadow.
    2 of the DW alternates are pretty good.
    /thread

The Aurich, “Helen” AC/DC was very good looked better than the Luci translite.

#29 3 years ago

I've only seen a few I enjoy, I have the red/black Spiderman one and I think its WAY better than the original.

D7B9178E-54F9-45E4-8910-97FBC5CA3A3E (resized).jpegD7B9178E-54F9-45E4-8910-97FBC5CA3A3E (resized).jpeg
    #30 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO how bored with pinball do you have to be put one of these atrocities on your game?
    You realize your wife and kids are laughing behind your backs at this stuff right?

lol

wife and kids

good one

Basically any of the adult themed replacements on Ministry of Pinball. And that Flintstones one is absolutely abhorrent. It's a kids cartoon.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

[quoted image]

that was funny

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from Twilight1:

[quoted image]

The guy in the upper corner is a nice touch, although I don't remember him being in the film...

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

lol
    wife and kids
    good one
    Basically any of the adult themed replacements on Ministry of Pinball. And that Flintstones one is absolutely abhorrent. It's a kids cartoon.

Except it wasn't. It was original made for adults. Its inly in reruns thst it was geared to kids.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

The guy in the upper corner is a nice touch, although I don't remember him being in the film...

Had to go look what you were talking about. And ya don’t remember seeing that ugly mf either.

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

I've only seen a few I enjoy, I have the red/black Spiderman one and I think its WAY better than the original.[quoted image]

I love that. Where’d you get it from?

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from Twilight1:

[quoted image]

Quoted from Spencer:

I've only seen a few I enjoy, I have the red/black Spiderman one and I think its WAY better than the original.[quoted image]

Hey now, OP said worst. Your examples are really good.

#37 3 years ago

Anything not made by Aurich.

#38 3 years ago
    Screenshot_2020-04-17-23-23-55-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-04-17-23-23-55-1 (resized).png
    #39 3 years ago

Hey man, no matter your politics. That sucks.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krh13:

[quoted image]

dude, do you want this thread to be locked???

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

dude, do you want this thread to be locked???

Probably not, but it fits the theme of the thread regardless who you are voting for. Very bad translight.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krh13:

[quoted image]

This is really hard. Give you a down vote for posting that horrid shit.
    Or upvote for ugliest translight?

#43 3 years ago

I know of a horrendous translite I saw once at a show. But since everyone on this thread has mutant pinball mind-reading powers and are able to automatically see the image in their minds exactly as if I posted it here, I will just skip attaching a pic. Now that you see it in your mind, isn’t it ridiculous!? What was the artist thinking?
    I mean seriously, right?

I love mutant powers - such a time saver. No googling and saves 3 mouse clicks.

(... but still, thanks to those attaching a pic for the differently-abled, non-powered among us - sorry I’m just to busy to do this one so maybe someone else could attach this one for me thanks)

#44 3 years ago

That’s an easy one, almost every alternate translite sucks!

Brian Allens work is an amazing example.
    His artwork is very well done, however it doesn’t fit the style of the machine at all IMO and really detracts the overall package...

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Hey man, no matter your politics. That sucks.

It is really well done though. Great details. Putin with shares and a gun. Obama in a tux. Hillary laughing maniacally like a bond villian

I really like the baywatch backglass that added shades to Hoff

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

The word "rad". Just laughing because you must be half my age. Carry on.

you look pretty good for 94!

#47 3 years ago

We have a winner!

Just Google 'Alternate pinball translite" for some real shockers.

#48 3 years ago

I like my SFII and T2 Alts /shrug

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from WJxxxx:

We have a winner!
    Just Google 'Alternate pinball translite" for some real shockers.

those retro refurb ones are mostly all pretty bad. Theres a t2 one thats particularly horrendous. I always will give actual hand drawn art ones more of a pass than any of the photoshop art ones however.

#50 3 years ago
    IMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPG
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-worst-alternate-translites?hl=quadrider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.