1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by gearheaddropping
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170327_111106 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I was wondering what people here think are the top "EM" Rifle games to play.

I am looking at the best "Play wise" versus the best "Art wise"..

I am thinking the best play wise is "Wild Kingdom" but after that game I am not sure

of the others..Thanks for the Help.

#2 1 year ago

Haunted House seems to be the most collectible. Great art and theme, never played one. A lot of guys like the Twin Rifle games from a gameplay standpoint. I think most any rifle game will get a bit boring eventually. Adding the element of competition probably keeps it fresh. My favorite are the projectile games. After having a few rifle games I settled on 1960 Midway Shooting Gallery as my keeper.

#3 1 year ago

Haunted House is probably the most collectible game and probably commands the most in terms of mainstream EM rifle games. The price has been creeping up on them for the past few years. Wild Kingdom has the extra dimension of being faster than Jungle Charlie. Both are Midway games and the score motor is a bit of PITA to deal with.

#4 1 year ago

I like the Williams rocket series. Vanguard, Hercules etc
    It combines the shooting game with a bingo style to acquire points.
    For me this make the randomness of the game more fun and keeps it fresh as opposed to shooting the same targets in the same place every time

#5 1 year ago

thanks

#6 1 year ago

Partial to Twin Pirate Gun myself. Offers a good variety of targets in a single player game. And is good fun when challenging a second player. Plus, the target motors speed up as the game progressive (a feature common to many late model Midway gun galleries).

The use of the projector lamp and photo cells for shot accuracy is a nice touch too. Not just a "well, you are close enough so we will give you the hit" type with some stylus only games.

#7 1 year ago

Wild Kingdom is nice because you are competing against 'Jungle Charlie'!
    (and yes, that was a real hifh score, easy settings)

20170327_111106 (resized).jpg

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

My favorite are the projectile games.

I agree with Alex, the Midway/Bally compressor gun games from the early 60s.
    I had a Chicago Con "Shoot Out", and although I had never gone through it, I
    understand it being a very good player. Can't remember for exactly what, but
    do know I traded it for a very nice piece..

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

I agree with Alex, the Midway/Bally compressor gun games from the early 60s.
    I had a Chicago Con "Shoot Out", and although I had never gone through it, I
    understand it being a very good player. Can't remember for exactly what, but
    do know I traded it for a very nice piece..

My son has a Shoot Out. Great game. Here's a link to a video of one in action. (Not my son's)

#10 1 year ago

I personally love my Wild Kingdom. Fun sounds and interactive. I think if you find a game that doesn't seem too repetitive, you got a winner.

Twin Rifle is awesome though because you have the two players....and shooting the duck is pretty awesome! I like the the pepper ghost illusion on these games, like that shoot out...when the guy goes across the scene with the mirror...awesome! What's the name of that game with the ninjas flying around....not a common manufacture of games? Also very cool!

Good luck with your search!
    Joe

P.S. And on the projectile games with the real pellets...not a big fan! Suckers are heavy and huge! Also bullets tend to jam up occasionally and compressors are loud. I like the upright games much better.

2 weeks later
    #11 1 year ago

If anyone looking at this thread owns a Williams Aqua Gun, PM me as I need a close up photo or scan of the scoring insert for the one I am restoring.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 34.99
    Cleaner
    Pinball Pro
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 25.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 12.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 87.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside