Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by s1500
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago
    #2 10 years ago

Best way to rack some points

#3 10 years ago

Used to happen to me a lot back in the EM days. With my (very) limited budget I was always happy to let it go until it passed all the free game scores.

#4 10 years ago

I had this happen on my BK2K once for about...well it seemed like forever. Funny thing though, for some reason the points were not being added up on score board. The ball was going faster than that video. Perhaps that's why it didn't recognize the points. Pretty neat anyways!

#5 10 years ago

Please do the op/owner a favor and tilt or turn off the game when this happens.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Yeah, I'm sure the owner of that game was thrilled with the burned out coil and transistor.

#7 10 years ago

Agree, I don't think I could stand there and watch a machine until it failed.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

that would be what a REAL pinball player would do

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

Agree, I don't think I could stand there and watch a machine until it failed.

Especially on a rare 30 year old machine that was the only model made by the company (WICO).

Parts are not growing on trees for that game......

#10 10 years ago

That is just a bad design. I've seen this happen on Genesis and TX-Sector, but never more than 10-15 seconds, then the ball gets out of there. Perhaps they had a size too large rubber ring on there?

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

That is just a bad design.

It could happen on any game.

I've had the ball pass back and forth between the two slingshots for about a minute on Space Invaders, until I nudged the ball to a different spot.

#12 10 years ago

That happened on my Bally Hi Deal all the time. Funny as hell and sure helped my score.

#13 10 years ago

For newer games, I'm betting such a burnout could be prevented. Have the CPU count if the pop bumper's been going off too many times in such a short interval, have it take a time out for a second(ball rolls away), and it's back to normal.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-odds-of-this-happening and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.