• Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tron_mod5.JPG
tron_mod_blue2.JPG
tron_mods.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drano.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

So, my AFM is going to a good home and I've just struck a deal for a NIB TRON pro
I've followed a few threads and seen some great mods for this title, but it's hard to keep track of, and dig through, all of them.

Can I get some feedback on what great mods all you Tron and Tron LE owners would recommend?
I knew this game was an imminent purchase for me so I have already grabbed a few of the key ones. Just wondering if I've missed any? I will keep the list on this OP updated so any future Tron modders won't have to go far to find these.

Here's what I've got so far:

-I got the same EL wire setup as CoasterGuy, but waiting to see how LuisSurfer's setup goes.
-Thinking about getting LE ramps from PBL instead of drilling
-FLYNN sign (check)
-MiniArcade V.2 (check.. well, I'm #5 on the list when Pinballlooking gets his completed)
-FF animated LED backbox with motion (check)
-FF upgraded speaker kit (back-ordered, but in line)
-Hallmark lightcycles (check)
-custom target bank decal from pinball customs (thanks Brock!)

I also plan to get a shaker and the playfield support brackets. I'll probably play around with some LEDs as well.

I'm assuming this is a pretty good start, but is there anything else???

Additional mods suggested in this thread:
-Recognizer LED mod
-Cliffy's and Mantis protectors
-Colored post sleeves (Cliffy)
-Custom trim/legs/coin doors
-Action figures
-Mirror blades
-Colored star posts
-Lit flipper buttons (color changing or solid - pulsing)
-laserific topper
-under cab LED lighting
-standard or LSoG colored plastic protectors

#5 12 years ago

Thanks Guys!
Forgot about a few of those.
Message sent to Kimball's Pinballs.

I'll talk to Cliffy and Kerry about some of the other stuff.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Ya. Get the Mantis protector for the scoop hole ASAP. They tend to start wearing more quickly then I would like... (the one at PHOF is already kind of beat up)

I played that game a few weeks ago. What a sin!!! An LE with uneccesary outole wear already

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You want that Mantis protector now. Also, everyone that has a TRON needs to keep an eye on the beveled wood leading into that arcade hole. I had the glass off of mine the other day, and caught it in the right light. The clear was worn down to the wood, above the Mantis protector - at the front and the left side of the hole. I sanded the entire area on all three sides of the hole and shot a good layer of CA. Sanded smooth, and now I know for sure I have solid protection on that scoop forever.

Sounds like a small square of Mylar or heavy vinyl wrapping down into the hole (before installing the mantis protector) might not be a bad idea.

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Chrome legs and backbox hinges from pinballife. 119 and 75 respectively. flynn sign seems pricy at 75.

I kinda like the black trim. Probably one of the things I prefer over the LE. Have you got any pics to see what it looks like on the pro?

#21 12 years ago

I've seen a lot of guys swap out rails on this game and other Sterns. Is this difficult to do without trashing the cabinet? TRON is going to be my first Stern (heaven forgive me) so I know next to nothing about them. Do they have an easier system for getting rails on and off?
When I do rails on a B/W there's a lot of heat and putty knives invoved.

#29 12 years ago

Sorry, did I miss something? The FF kit I saw did not include a subwoofer... did it?

I also talked to Kim at Kimball's Pinballs and am also going to try the lighted flipper buttons in TRON blue I'm also adding a third button in orange so I can try an orange left and blue right configuration to match the theme.

#33 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Drano said:Sorry, did I miss something? The FF kit I saw did not include a subwoofer... did it?
I thought he had a kit with only the subwoofer, or with the subwoofer and the main speakers. I didn't think he sold just the main speakers without the subwoofer but I could be wrong.
The Blue LED flipper buttons look great on Tron. Love mine.

Nope, neither kit includes a sub.
He sells either a full kit or just the woofer. No sub-woofer. It is supposed to have more dynamic bass though. Not sure I need (or can actually use) an external sub. I'd never be able to turn it up where I play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drano.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-must-have-tron-mods?tu=drano and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.