(Topic ID: 142530)

What are the must have mods for a Metallica Premium?

By pumpkinheadpin

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161126_144931 (resized).jpg
20161126_141601 (resized).jpg
image_4.jpeg
image_3.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
P1260040.jpg
P1010012.jpg
P1010024.jpg
image.jpeg
IMG_20151025_221732646.jpg
image.jpeg
20150816_114142.jpg
IMG_20151020_012651929.jpg
IMG_20151021_220429230.jpg
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Hey all,
I'm purchasing my first pinball and am waiting for delivery of a Monster Premium NIB!
Just looking for more learned opinions from Metallica fans or owners on what are the must have mods to really bring the machine alive and even which ones don't add anything to the experience .
Thanks ahead of time for the feedback

#2 8 years ago

Color DMD, shaker, snake fang mod, sparky air ball deflector

#3 8 years ago

The sidewall art and flasher package from pinball refinery adds an awesome light show upgrade if you are into that

#4 8 years ago

Shaker should be your first purchase.

Subwoofer your second.

Then non play upgrades such as a color dmd.

#5 8 years ago

Oh, congrats and enjoy!!!

#6 8 years ago

I was strongly considering the side art and uv light package. It looked insane in videos I watched. The shaker and upgraded speakers are a done deal for me considering it's a music pin. A sparky air ball protection makes sense too

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from pumpkinheadpin:

I was strongly considering the side art and uv light package. It looked insane in videos I watched. The shaker and upgraded speakers are a done deal for me considering it's a music pin. A sparky air ball protection makes sense too

When I ordered my art/flasher kit from refinery I added the scoop and hammer flasher mod as well to my shopping cart since they are pretty inexpensive...... I like the hammer flasher but the scoop flasher is just ok

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

When I ordered my art/flasher kit from refinery I added the scoop and hammer flasher mod as well to my shopping cart since they are pretty inexpensive...... I like the hammer flasher but the scoop flasher is just ok

I figured they are so inexpensive , I would add those as well, like you

#9 8 years ago

Cliffy's are a must, shaker right behind it. I also added pinbits protector set, mirror blades, replace the block behind the hammer with a newton ball, snake fangs, under cab lighting, DMD reflector and a snake tongue decal.

I'm avoiding color DMD, I'm afraid it might spread to my other machines..

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Cliffy's are a must, shaker right behind it. I also added pinbits protector set, mirror blades, replace the block behind the hammer with a newton ball, snake fangs, under cab lighting, DMD reflector and a snake tongue decal.
I'm avoiding color DMD, I'm afraid it might spread to my other machines..

The color DMD is the most expensive of the mods. But I will have just this one...for now!
seems I need to protect everything on a brand new machine.

#11 8 years ago

Sparky air ball protect first. Refinery uv side blades and lightning rods really make it pop. Snake eyes, fangs, and tongue bring snake to life.

#12 8 years ago

Where is the best place to find the sparky protector?

#13 8 years ago

I also need one and needed it shipped to Canada. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

#14 8 years ago

For sparky air all deflector contact Pinside member RICKWH

#15 8 years ago

Thank you. I'll look him up.
Any other Metallica owners with suggestions?

#16 8 years ago

Custom beverage holder! image.jpegimage.jpeg

#17 8 years ago

Mylar ring around the Sparky magnet.

#18 8 years ago

Very cool cup....Except it's empty

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from daveispinball:

Shaker should be your first purchase.
Subwoofer your second.
Then non play upgrades such as a color dmd.

Cant believe how these have more then doubled in Price..
Wonder how many us pinsiders have purchased all together? Lol

image.pngimage.png

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Cant believe how these have more then doubled in Price..
Wonder how many us pinsiders have purchased all together? Lol

Can anyone give an opinion on whether the External sub is better than say, a pinball pro upgrade to all the speakers?

#21 8 years ago

Sparky Air ball protector is a must... http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_74

Cut or buy some vinyl for around the sparky magnet(or at minimum just make sure magnet is level with pf)

External Sub woofer

Shaker..

Lots of other cool mods at:

MezelMods
Pinball refinery
Hooked on Pinball
(I'm sure I've missed some of the modders, maybe others can chime in as well)

I have the lit up graveyard arch and light in the hammer as well as the get plastic to make fuel lights look colored.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Custom beverage holder! image.jpeg

But of Course!!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#23 8 years ago

External sub (psw10) blows an upgraded cabinet woofer out of the water! No comparison get the external sub.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

External sub (psw10) blows an upgraded cabinet woofer out of the water! No comparison get the external sub.

Agreed^^^ I would start with this, even over the shaker. When the hammer drops you feel it, when the spinners go you feel it. I have flipper fidelity 8"system and it sounds nice, but the system really came to life with an external sub.

#25 8 years ago

1000% agree!!

#26 8 years ago

Very cool cup....Except it's empty

No Packer game today

#27 8 years ago

The Cherry is about $40 cheaper

image.pngimage.png

#28 8 years ago

and a 12 or 15 inch..... it's EARTHQUAKE time.

#29 8 years ago

Much appreciated feedback. External sub it is !!! I have one but I'll buy a cheaper one just for the pinball.

#30 8 years ago

Over 1000 games on my Met premium without any airball protector and no issues at all, so it's not a must. I not saying don't buy it, just that it is not an essential item as many on here like to insist.

For me, the #1 mod has to be the Color DMD. I have it on several of my games but none look as good as Met. I was also blown away by how good the speaker light kit looks. It is sweet. I will also echo that the snake tongue and fangs are a must because you want a snake, not a frog! I did swap the metal block for a real captive ball. Seems like a no brainer because it looks better and makes it a better shot.

Also, take those damn spot lights off the slingshots and relocate them to the Fuel targets and the scoop. The slings look so much better without them blocking the view.

20150718_222852.jpg20150718_222852.jpg

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

No Packer game today

I know the feeling. My Giants exacted a little revenge on the Cowgirls today!

#32 8 years ago

Plus MET needs all the low end it can get. Turn the sub off and it sounds so pitiful, like AM radio.

Rob

#33 8 years ago

I know the feeling. My Giants exacted a little revenge on the Cowgirls today!

That was an interesting game, Cassel had 3 picks in 5 passing attempts? That was crazy awesome!

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Custom beverage holder! image.jpeg

Where did you get that cup holder? I need one for my Road Case!

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

The Cherry is about $40 cheaper

image.png

No way, that sucks they raised the price on the blacks subs...I ordered 4 black ones in September $126.00, just ordered a black one October 17th $129(just got delivered). I think the Pinball community has spiked sales and caused a price hike..

I'm still bummed I couldn't find any for the $99 I kept hearing about

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

That was an interesting game, Cassel had 3 picks in 5 passing attempts? That was crazy awesome!

Anytime we beat them, it's crazy awesome

#38 8 years ago

I'm sold on the speaker lighting, I love it.
What about the Cointaker backbox kit for the premium?
It's pricey and is eating into the budget for the color dmd. But if it's worth it, I'd install it.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Where did you get that cup holder? I need one for my Road Case!

They are all sold out!

PM TrilogyBeerPM TrilogyBeer

#40 8 years ago

I also like custom armor, green plastic protectors, coin taker customer back box lighting panel, hammer light mod, graveyard light mod, lit flipper buttons, lit amp mod, sparky helmet mod, mirror blades, DD instruction cards, super bands (flipper and posts) ect ect
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#41 8 years ago

Anyone put custom armor on a Road Case? I think the black looks good, just wondering what other may have done.

#42 8 years ago

I also like custom armor, green plastic protectors, coin taker customer back box lighting panel, hammer light mod, graveyard light mod, lit flipper buttons, lit amp mod, sparky helmet mod ect ect

I love them all too!! I feel like Veruca Salt , lol

#43 8 years ago

Thanks for this thread.I'm getting ready to start modding my Met.

#44 8 years ago

Got mine last week. I added colordmd, Matt McKee topper, Aurich hammer, cliffies all around, yellow protectors, helmet coil mod, snake tongue and fangs,gels to color the fuel gauge lights, color speaker lights, and captive ball. Love this game!
IMG_20151021_220502556.jpgIMG_20151021_220502556.jpgIMG_20151021_220447042.jpgIMG_20151021_220447042.jpgIMG_20151021_220429230.jpgIMG_20151021_220429230.jpgIMG_20151020_012651929.jpgIMG_20151020_012651929.jpg

#45 8 years ago

Where did you get the Hammer? From reading the site, they seemed to be just sold on a limited basis?
looks great !!!

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Thanks for this thread.I'm getting ready to start modding my Met.

I was hoping it would help more than just me.

#48 8 years ago

The Sparky airball plastic comes with the clear Pinbits set now. No need to buy separate.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Marshall amp

20150816_114142.jpg

I'm typically not a fan of adding figurines but the skull is awesome at the scoop. Where can you get that?

#50 8 years ago

If the sparky airball protector is the one cut out around his legs and suspended over his feet, it comes stock on the new run premium.

I got lucky and was able to snag a hammer he original buyer didn't want

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.50
$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-must-have-mods-for-a-metallica-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.