Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FD4C0305-4130-4C12-A4E1-93CF764595C6 (resized).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-01 at 22.53.59 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

I have been playing a lot of Metallica lately and feel like the electric chair magnet will drain me like 30-40% of the time and then there are the grave markers and the pick targets. It's almost like half thew shots are trying to drain my ball.

What are the most dangerous shots you can think of? I'm not really thinking about halfway made ramp shots which are probably player error, but more like actual made shots that are very risky (like the three bank SW shot).

#2 3 years ago

Forcefield in AFM comes to mind. Or really any shot I make is pretty dangerous, hah.

#3 3 years ago

On STTNG, if you brick a shot on one of the right ramp's entrance posts, it more often than not ends up draining.

#4 3 years ago

opening the prison doors on TWD, since the magnet just throws it down the middle

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from jarozi:

Forcefield in AFM comes to mind. Or really any shot I make is pretty dangerous, hah.

Don't shoot straight up at it. Shoot the ball at an angle at those targets. Use the right flipper to hit the left most target and the left flipper to hit the right most target.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

opening the prison doors on TWD, since the magnet just throws it down the middle

I thought if you hold both the flippers when the magnet has the ball it'll toss it up towards the bead instead of SDM?

#7 3 years ago

Flash Gordon: Every shot.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Don't shoot straight up at it. Shoot the ball at an angle at those targets. Use the right flipper to hit the left most target and the left flipper to hit the right most target.

Yeah but even once the force field is down, hitting the drop target ship can be a real drainer too. Best to battle the UFO’s after the first or second with multiballs.

#9 3 years ago

War Machine for me!

#10 3 years ago

TZ pop bumpers.

#11 3 years ago

BSD light castle targets.

#12 3 years ago

Center knight target on bksor.

#13 3 years ago

Captive ball on Fish Tales

#14 3 years ago

EVERCLEAR 190 proof

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

EVERCLEAR 190 proof

Spirytus Delikatesowy 192

#16 3 years ago

Extra Ball target on WWH20

#17 3 years ago

Original Black knight
    The loop on the lower playfield, if it goes in the wrong side it is SDTM

#18 3 years ago

Little DP drop targets on DP.

#19 3 years ago

Pretty much any pin you have to shoot up the middle lends a lot of risk/reward. AFM comes to mind. The answer is to shoot at an angle and utilize slap/slide saves. Easier said than done sometimes...

#20 3 years ago

The clock tower ramp on BTTF. Miss it and drain.

#21 3 years ago

Hitting Spot on Munsters is very risky.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yeah but even once the force field is down, hitting the drop target ship can be a real drainer too. Best to battle the UFO’s after the first or second with multiballs.

Don't shoot for the center--shoot for the walls. Reflecting the ball at an angle leads to less SDTM drains, plus there are targets on the sides you can take advantage of for additional hits with only one shot.

#23 3 years ago

Center targets from BSD.

#24 3 years ago

Tequila after 8 or 9

#25 3 years ago

Most of the shots on TWD. High risk and high reward

#26 3 years ago

The Shadow brick wall when it is not lit for locking balls
    SDTM and nothing you can do about it hahah

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-01 at 22.53.59 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-04-01 at 22.53.59 (resized).jpeg
    #27 3 years ago

Demo Man:
    - any bricked shot to the left ramp = STDM
    - car crash = STDM

TZ:
    - Pop bumpers = STDM / left drain
    - Greed Targets = STDM / right drain
    - right to left orbit without using the left flipper = STDM

Whirlwind:
    - short shots to the inner orbit can lead to side drains off the rebound rubber

Whitewater:
    - extra ball target usually gets you a center drain
    - lock targets are also a drain monster

#28 3 years ago

Tnt targets on acdc.
    The doors on twd.
    Marilyn targets on taxi.

#29 3 years ago

F 14. Center target.

#30 3 years ago

Heart of Rock and Roll on Dr. Dude

#31 3 years ago

Any shot on DI during EMP strike.

#32 3 years ago

TNT for sure on ACDC

All four ramp standups on STH are pretty deadly.

Right ramp misses on WCS

Drop targets on diamond lady

Right side lane on big game goes SDTM all the time.

Ball hitting the post out of the top lanes on royal flush goes right outlane all the time.

#33 3 years ago

The lowest left and right targets on Strange World.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from RobDutch:

The Shadow brick wall when it is not lit for locking balls
    SDTM and nothing you can do about it hahah

Also "G" Mongol target. Shot comes fast right back to the flippers and sometimes at a high altitude

#35 3 years ago

A less-than-perfect "G" ramp shot in GNR, or a bauble out of the add band member scoop lane is a sure sdtm.

#36 3 years ago

So many, but the one that come to mind right now is the drop targets on Stranger Things. I just avoid them like the plague.

#37 3 years ago

STTNG right ramp posts. That left outlane entrance is massive.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-most-dangerous-shots?hl=ozpinsmith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.