(Topic ID: 197816)

What are the Diodes on Rottendog WDB089 that replaced the Bridges?

By Bos98

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Bos98
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

My Rottendog WDB089 Blew up at the Cleveland Pinball and Arcade show. No more 5V and no more 50V and yes I tested the fuses.

I know the 5V regulator is a LM1085 but what are the diodes that have been substituted in place of bridge?

#2 6 years ago

Anyone?

#3 6 years ago

The large diodes in the place where the bridges would normally go--the barrel-shaped black components with the gray band on one side.

If you arrange four diodes a certain way, you end up with a bridge rectifier.

#4 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5 6 years ago

I get that, what is the specific diode part/spec?

I need to order parts and I haven’t pulled them off the board yet to try and find any markings on them.

#6 6 years ago

I am not sure about the Rottendog board. But I think when I got them for a WPC-95 game (TOTAN) they were listed as P600D.

P600D NTE Equivalent NTE5814 400V 6A.

I don't see them on GPE but I do see 6A4 that are the same specs -> https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=6A4

Hopefully someone else will chime in. Have you tested the diodes and confirmed any are bad or tested the voltages at them? If you find a bad one post the number any I am sure I (or someone) will have the right spec.

#7 6 years ago

Wow, 3 posts while entering. I see Jim put the schematic up but not the parts list to X-ref.

#8 6 years ago

P600D = 6A4.

Eons ago, I figured that four of these 6 amp diodes are actually *better* than one solid 35A bridge rectifier but I can no longer find the math behind that to see if it is true depending on heat sinks on the bridges.

Ed

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from G-P-E:

P600D = 6A4.
    Eons ago, I figured that four of these 6 amp diodes are actually *better* than one solid 35A bridge rectifier but I can no longer find the math behind that to see if it is true depending on heat sinks on the bridges.
    Ed

Do you carry the equivalent replacement LM1085 5v regulator as well?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-diodes-on-rottendog-wdb089-that-replaced-the-bridges and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.