(Topic ID: 82572)

What are the differences with a "reimport"?

By Blackbeard

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

filter_assy_005.jpg
    wpc service box.jpg
    IMAG0497.jpg
    WPC service outlet plug.JPG
    There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinJump:

My STTNG has a coin door with three slots: 1DM, 2DM, 5DM. That's gotta be a dead give-away for a German re-import, yes?

Yep. My TZ has 500L on its three coin door slots. Has to be Italy.

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

Curiously, my BSD is also a German re-import! It was all switched over long before I got it. Only weird thing is that they didn't reinstall a US service outlet inside the cabinet (assuming there is supposed to be one in that hole there...).

Yeah...When I got mine the language was set on German and still not switched over w/hardware... I also heard that code on imports can be different (like software bugs), but that can easily be fix by installing US code/price/Lang.

#53 10 years ago

Mine must have been routed in the U.S. street coming back because it has an American coin door already.

But now I have to ask, where would you wire this outlet to?

IMAG0497.jpgIMAG0497.jpg
    #54 10 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

Mine must have been routed in the U.S. street coming back because it has an American coin door already.
    But now I have to ask, where would you wire this outlet to?

IMAG0497.jpg 178 KB

easy. as I stated in the pm to you the colored wires match up to what you already have in the box. black to black, green to green and white to white (sorry for the crappy photoshop job)

wpc service box.jpgwpc service box.jpg

edit:
    here's a better photo from one that I've build
    filter_assy_005.jpgfilter_assy_005.jpg

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

You sure about that? I've opened up a few domestic games, and I don't recall the ground wire ever attaching with a screw.

hi john,
    trust me, I've been specializing in only a few areas of restoration; manufacturer stickers and line filters. the image that I posted is the exact service outlet hardware used in over 50 different wpc titles that I've personally inspected. I'm quite the stickler when it comes to doing what I do.

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-differences-with-a-reimport/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.