(Topic ID: 277362)

What are the differences between the various Hobbit editions?

By Krupps4

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Have you played it? You might want to before buying. Its the worst pin JJP has put out by far. Resale value pretty much proves that as the others hold their value well.

Good grief, here we go again. Do you realize hundreds of owners and non owners love the game? We know your Hobbit fell on you in 2017 or whatever, it smashed your car, it broke your sprinkler system, it ate your ice cream, it fell through your floor as the game weighs so damn much, etc. Something happened as you literally won't stop your 24/7 hate posts for this game even in a thread where someone is simply asking what the differences between versions are. Also, pricing depends on condition and location. I recently had someone offer $7200 for my LE and since I love the game I declined.

To the OP, don't listen to this guy, he also sold the game well before the code was completed and now has some personal vendetta against it. TH plays great, has multiple toys, multiple detailed molds, and probably has the deepest objective based ruleset in pinball. I have a cousin that has owned a LOTR since new in 2003 with over 6k plays on it. When he comes to my house to play pinball he will only play The Hobbit lol. If you love the Tolkien theme and are a fan of objective based rulesets nothing comes close other then LOTR.

#9 3 years ago

Another thing to note, I don't believe The Black Arrow edition has the textured hammered powder coat that is featured on the Smaug and LE editions. Personally I think the hammered powder coat on the LE and Smaug is the best factory powder coat I've ever seen on a pin.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

And just as many hate it, find it boring, with no satisfying shots. Why does it take forever to sell on the second hand market? Why are people having to sell for $7k OR LESS if its so great?

It doesn't matter what I say to you, you are a Stern fanboy and constantly bash TH and JJP. Hell, you just bashed JJP randomly for no reason in this thread lol. You may not admit but you do seem to have something against JJP.

Sorry to the OP that this crap is occurring in your thread.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Black arrow has black hammered powder on the armors. Its pretty nice.

Awesome! Good to know, thanks. I wish JJP would have done that for Pirates.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-differences-between-the-various-hobbit-editions?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.