(Topic ID: 238901)

What are the chances Stern announces a new game at TPF 2019?

By newtoit

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by newtoit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Ive got my hopes up for a BK3K.. any chance they release a teaser or talk about whats next at TPF?

#2 1 year ago

I think they will talk about it with it appearing at MGC similar to what Iron Maiden did last year.

#3 1 year ago

I'd guess 50/50, but Stern has made it clear in the past they don't really care that Pinside has fetishized TPF as some "official reveal pinball show." Wouldn't be surprised if an official announcement is next week rather than this weekend, just to annoy people (a la Maiden).

#4 1 year ago

i dont think they care about announcing or winning shows. It really doesnt matter at the end of the day. I feel they will announce a game when they are ready and its about to go into production. Munsters premmys just started rolling off the lines. They wont hurt those sales by announcing another game. maybe June or July would make more sense.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from newtoit:

Ive got my hopes up for a BK3K.. any chance they release a teaser or talk about whats next at TPF?

After TPF....Hell will be Unleashed.

Rumors are MGC will be the Steve and Pat show !

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

After TPF....Hell will be Unleashed.
    Rumors are MGC will be the Steve and Pat show !

What is "hell" in this context?

If BK3 won't reveal 'til MGC or shortly before, I should stop holding my breath for an online reveal from Stern this coming Tuesday.

Drat!

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from newtoit:What are the chances that Stern announces a new game at TPF 2019?

23.84%

+/- 0.01% of course

Added 12 months ago:

0%

Oh well.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from busa32927:

They wont hurt those sales by announcing another game. maybe June or July would make more sense.

This was my thought when I first saw the thread. Obviously they want fresh product on the lines, but have they previously stepped on another game before all versions have at least one game out the door? Especially a game like Munsters that seems to be getting mixed reviews.

#9 1 year ago

Not gonna happen... they just announced munsters few months ago and still haven't filled munsters preorders.... only a handful of le and pros have shipped and no premiums....however there are some premiums at the show. The 2-3 week delay bc of whatever happened at the factory really put things behind.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

23.84%
    +/- 0.01% of course

Crap, tuna_delight beat me to it. That was my answer.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

only a handful of le and pros have shipped and no premiums....however there are some premiums at the show. The 2-3 week delay bc of whatever happened at the factory really put things behind.

No premiums? 17 MUN premiums at the show. It’s out the door. Time for the next one.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

No premiums? 17 MUN premiums at the show. It’s out the door. Time for the next one.

None in people's homes as of yet... they got shipped this week . Yes lots at the show that people will take home also. They have alot more to make. Id expect them to announce a new pin end of april or early may?

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

None in people's homes as of yet... they got shipped this week . Yes lots at the show that people will take home also. They have alot more to make. Id expect them to announce a new pin end of april or early may?

Steve Ritchie’s last game will be at MGC. Pro version for sure. That’s April.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Steve Ritchie’s last game will be at MGC. Pro version for sure. That’s April.

I hope so... always looking fwd to new pins.. especially original themes

#15 1 year ago

Probably a better chance than Deeproot.

#16 1 year ago

Straight from the king (SR) himself:

“CAN'T WAIT TO HIT THE ROAD FOR THE TEXAS PINBALL FESTIVAL!! TPF ROCKS! I LOOK FORWARD TO HANGING WITH YOU GUYS, ONCE AGAIN!

COME TO MY SEMINAR FRIDAY AT 9 PM. SECRETS WILL BE REVEALED! MIKE VINIKOUR AND I WILL ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS!”

#17 1 year ago

Why do people keep saying Steve Ritchies last game ? Is he leaving the Pinball world? Retiring .? I do not think so. Why would he?

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Straight from the king (SR) himself:
    “CAN'T WAIT TO HIT THE ROAD FOR THE TEXAS PINBALL FESTIVAL!! TPF ROCKS! I LOOK FORWARD TO HANGING WITH YOU GUYS, ONCE AGAIN!
    COME TO MY SEMINAR FRIDAY AT 9 PM. SECRETS WILL BE REVEALED! MIKE VINIKOUR AND I WILL ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS!”

Steve tends to be a bit of a joker also.

#19 1 year ago

Steve is 69. He probably wants to do other things in his golden years. He didn't make a formal retirement statement that I read but it wouldn't surprise me if this was his last game.

Quoted from PinFever:

Why do people keep saying Steve Ritchies last game ? Is he leaving the Pinball world? Retiring .? I do not think so. Why would he?

#20 1 year ago

#21 1 year ago

I think people also realize that Gary Stern is against making games without a license attached to them. They figure that if he's letting Steve do a non licensed game it's as a thank you for your service and to give him a big send off. Not saying any of this is true but people are trying to read between the lines.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

I think people also realize that Gary Stern is against making games without a license attached to them. They figure that if he's letting Steve do a non licensed game it's as a thank you for your service and to give him a big send off. Not saying any of this is true but people are trying to read between the lines.

I could see that happening. I'm also betting that Steve teams up with Lyman for his next game.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Steve tends to be a bit of a joker also.

Called it.

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I could see that happening. I'm also betting that Steve teams up with Lyman for his next game.

Not happening. I asked during the seminar. Tim Sexton is lead on code for the next one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 150.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Republic Of Pinball
    $ 19.99
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 430.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 15.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Silverball Swag
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 86.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 12,500.00
    $ 339.00
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Lighting - Backbox
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Gweem's Mods
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 19.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Docquest Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside