Topic Stats

• 567 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Goronic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will there be another TRON 'version' made by Stern in the next year or two? Please select the one most likely to occur.”

• No more TRON pins will be made. 25 votes
    17%
  • More TRON PROs will be made. 7 votes
    5%
  • A TRON PRO LED will be made 16 votes
    11%
  • A TRON Vault Edition will be made. 58 votes
    41%
  • A TRON Premium will be made. 31 votes
    22%
  • A new TRON LE version/anniversay will be made. 6 votes
    4%

(143 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-555.jpg
beat_dead_horse.jpg
image-627.jpg
Peace.jpg
image-946.jpg
tron le owner.jpg
Photo Sep 08, 12 26 07 PM.jpg
abinormal.jpeg
facebook.jpg
DSCN3006.JPG
image-951.jpg
whiny-795.jpg
WWFP.jpg
noid-light.jpg
WP_20140906_001.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Anything is possible when money is involved.
Gary said no Zombies ("Zombies???? Too gross!!"), we got TWD.
Gary said no Iron Man remake, we got more Iron Man.
Hell, we even have MM coming down Gary's line - people said "never happen" for 15 years, lol.

I was just going to say this. Spot on. If there is shitloads of money to be made, you can believe it will be made.

#251 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The game has a plaque on it that says #___ of 400. There are 400 Tron LEs. That's it. What part of Limited Edition do you not understand? They made the game, it's done. This is why they started making Pro/Premium/LE with AC/DC - so those who didn't get an LE can still get a unit with the extra playfield features. However, Tron came out before the current marketing strategy - the Pro & LE have the same cabinet & translite...essentially, TRON LE is a Premium & LE in one - as the concepts hadn't been split yet. Same with Rolling Stones LE & Avatar LE. It is what it is, and it's done. A "new" LE or Premium will never happen....it will piss off LE owners and destroy any credibility the LE concept has left, and it will piss off the thousands who bought Pros & modded the shit out of them, as they clearly would have just bought a Premium in the first place.

They can make just as much cash selling more Pros without burning bridges with past & future customers.

Nothing says they can't come out with another LE version, like JJP did with WOZ. You have green edition, and red edition and aussie edition. Maybe they should come out with Clu edition LE's. Same shit, different art and trim. make another 400 of those. Then come out with another LE version. Similar to what they did with AC/DC and TF. That LE might be done, but there are countless others you can do. This is why you don't buy pins for investment. Especially LE.

In the art world, prints are limited editions. Numbered so there are only so many of that print made. Here's the catch. The numbers only apply to that specific SIZE of the print. You can have 400 of a 24X36. But if you make it a 30 by 36, now you can have another 400 LE prints. Same thing applies here.

#253 9 years ago
Quoted from radium:

By that logic, all DMD-based pins should have plummeted in value as soon as WoZ was released. Obviously they did not.

They would have if WOZ wasn't released at a stupidly high price. P2K didn't replace DMD either. New display is not revolutionary at all. Nothing inventive about it. Looks neat, but still the same old gameplay. Once someone reinvents something actually NEW, things will change that direction.

#258 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't see Stern ever doing that. Why didn't they do another AC/DC LE after BIB blew up? They could have done a Highway to Hell LE. Why not another Spider-Man LE when that blew up? "Villain Edition" with Doc Ock on one side, Goblin on the other. Why not another MET LE after the 500 MOP's sold out quick? They could have sold another 500 Ride the Lightning editions.
Say what you will about Stern, but they understand LE has to mean SOMETHING…if they squash it for short term gains, they'll lose out long term.

Proves my point about why they won't do it. The marketing/multiple build concept was different back then, and the LE/Premium were one in the same.

I was being self aware, not ironic.

but in so many terms, they are still holding true to the LE. It's true that "That" version is limited to such and such. Doesn't mean that other LE versions cannot be run. Nothing is safe from remakes in the pinball world. Everyone should be learning this by now. Pinball should not be bought for investment. Again, newbies are learning again. If there is money to be made, they will find a way to make it happen. They have to strike while the iron is hot. This will only last a short time before the bottom drops out. Even said it 2 years ago when I said it has reached it's peek and could only go down, and it has been.

#262 9 years ago

Well they havn't done it for LE's yet. Time will tell. They are known for rereleasing desired titles many times if the demand is there. If it works for JJP, they will follow suite. They have followed in JJPs footsteps before.

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Look at Transformers, 750 LE's and no one wants em (I love mine though!).
AC/DC, 500 LE's and they flew right off the shelf. I'm sure if they did 750, they would've still sold out.
Star Trek, 799 LE's and they are almost out of them.

I think there are less than 750 TF Le's.

Decepticon 125
Autobot 125
Combo 300

In my book that's only 550. Unless my combo numbers are off?

#312 9 years ago

guess it is 750 then. Never had a combo, thought someone told me 300. :/ ah well, doesn't matter either way to me. I hope they do another 125 bumblebee editions or whatever.

#353 9 years ago

LE's and premiums have about $125 worth of shit in them over the pro and they charge you $2000+ for it. I think they have plenty of wiggle room that nothing is a freebie.

#428 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Careful Rob. That pic is instant ban.
Of course this one is ok. Cuz it's my wife.

image-951.jpg 91 KB

that's your wife? congrats on owning a perfect ass. You should be in a good mood 24/7.

#430 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yeah....
Thanks...

Oh come on now, you know it's awesome, otherwise you wouldn't have posted the picture. Showed my wife and she was a fan as well. So you can tell her my wife likes it.

#432 9 years ago

I have no filter.

I have no problems saying what other are thinking.

#434 9 years ago

I'm just saying. If I post a picture of my wife on here. I would hope someone would be thinking or say...."hey, your wife has nice tits, I bet they are great to suck on"...... To which I would reply. "Don't I know it!" . Is it creepy? Nope.facebook.jpgfacebook.jpg

#436 9 years ago

That's why, because I don't piss my money away.

Plus I wasn't cheap ass enough not to buy her that ren faire outfit.

#439 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wow, OK - so yeah....you are indeed completely unaware about your creep factor.

No, I just disagree that humans should be offended by something they see or hear. Much more things that are actually important to give shits about, than worrying that you may hear or see something that brings offense to someones precious eyes/ears. If he didn't want it critiqued...he wouldn't have put it there for us to see.

And I didn't even give it a negative review. I gave it 3 thumbs up and the wife gave it 2.

#442 9 years ago

actually my some of my friends have made comments about such things to my wife and I have to them. It's common around here. My friends already know and expect such things to be spoken when i'm around.

And I know many do not think the way I do. But I do love me some shock factor from time to time. I'm probably the most unique person you'd ever meet.

and..........................."MARTY! You got to come back with me!"

oh wait, wrong marty.

#444 9 years ago

Shit, you should hear the shit my kid hears. You'd probably shit yourself.

And besides that, it's different with my kid. With my wife, when someone makes a comment about her sweet ass or whatever. I have to agree as I tap it and understand the eye candy factor. With my kid, it's different. But I know she's going to grow up attractive, and i'm already prepared to have to fend them off, and/or train her to know how guys think. Whether they are outspoken or not, they are thinking the same shit.

#478 9 years ago

I think I liked this thread better when we were bitching about Tits and Ass.

#495 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What I learned from this thread is Stern won't remake TRON LE, and Neo likes breasts.
Oh wait, we already knew both those things.

actually i'm more of an ass man myself. But love tits...hell who am I kidding. I love women in general. I don't discriminate

#552 9 years ago

well they never ran a standard premium of Tron. Which is the same as the LE, just with different armor and art. So they could always release a premium with the same game shit as the LE, just different art and wouldn't have the stupid plaque and certificate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-chances-of-a-tron-legacy-le-remake?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.