Topic Stats

• 567 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Goronic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will there be another TRON 'version' made by Stern in the next year or two? Please select the one most likely to occur.”

• No more TRON pins will be made. 25 votes
    17%
  • More TRON PROs will be made. 7 votes
    5%
  • A TRON PRO LED will be made 16 votes
    11%
  • A TRON Vault Edition will be made. 58 votes
    41%
  • A TRON Premium will be made. 31 votes
    22%
  • A new TRON LE version/anniversay will be made. 6 votes
    4%

(143 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-555.jpg
beat_dead_horse.jpg
image-627.jpg
Peace.jpg
image-946.jpg
tron le owner.jpg
Photo Sep 08, 12 26 07 PM.jpg
abinormal.jpeg
facebook.jpg
DSCN3006.JPG
image-951.jpg
whiny-795.jpg
WWFP.jpg
noid-light.jpg
WP_20140906_001.jpg
image.jpg
There are 567 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I just called them.
They said the TRON license is absolutely available right now.
I also asked about Song of the South, and unfortunately they said it is not available for licensing in the USA right now.

Well, if you're not joking….then that answers that.

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I just called them.
They said the TRON license is absolutely available right now.
I also asked about Song of the South, and unfortunately they said it is not available for licensing in the USA right now.

What about outside the US? I'd love a racist import pin.

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm glad you weren't talking to me! My adjustments are sealed.

Yes, and with how brutal your Tron LE plays, it's unlikely that you will ever see Daft Punk Multiball!

#204 9 years ago

Wow - I look away for a few hours and the thread BLOWS up!!! Woohoo!

I can almost feel the flippers on my new Tron PVE!!!

#205 9 years ago

Well, this thread exploded. I'd say there is quite a bit of interest in a Tron Premium. I personally think it would be dumb to NOT make a Tron Premium at this point. It's basically a seed waiting to grow into a money tree...all Stern needs to do is plant it. All they need to do is throw the lighted ramps on the pro and call it good. LE would still have plenty of unique features (drops, daft punk multiball, moving recognizer, more speech, unique playfield art). Only real logistical problem would be a potential 3rd piece of code to manage, but that could be resolved by just having the lighted ramp code in the pro/VE even though it's not used. That way current pro owners could hook up the fiber optics if they wanted too. Boom. You're welcome Stern!

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Well, this thread exploded. I'd say there is quite a bit of interest in a Tron Premium. I personally think it would be dumb to NOT make a Tron Premium at this point.

*broken record*
…then why didn't they do it when they made the multiple Pro re-runs? There was interest then.

THEM THAR STERNIES IS SO DUMBS!!!!!

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

*broken record*
…then why didn't they do it when they made the multiple Pro re-runs? There was interest then.
THEM THAR STERNIES IS SO DUMBS!!!!!

The Pinball market today is much bigger than it was just a couple years ago.

Proof of that is JJP and AC/DC & Metallica have 2nd premium editions and 2nd pro editions.

#208 9 years ago

Sold my LE a while back and will be waiting for the VE Premium to come out. I was a skeptic and and a non believer back in the days but just in the last 2 years Stern and PP have proven me wrong. Stern said no LE's will ever be reproduced, that is a fact coming straight from the man himself. Until Stern says, he will not make a TRON Premium VE" I'm going to believe there's already a future announcement and release date already scheduled.

#209 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Well, this thread exploded. I'd say there is quite a bit of interest in a Tron Premium. I personally think it would be dumb to NOT make a Tron Premium at this point. It's basically a seed waiting to grow into a money tree...all Stern needs to do is plant it. All they need to do is throw the lighted ramps on the pro and call it good. LE would still have plenty of unique features (drops, daft punk multiball, moving recognizer, more speech, unique playfield art). Only real logistical problem would be a potential 3rd piece of code to manage, but that could be resolved by just having the lighted ramp code in the pro/VE even though it's not used. That way current pro owners could hook up the fiber optics if they wanted too. Boom. You're welcome Stern!

I disagree - if Stern wants a little extra cash, it has to be more than lights. Leave off the drops, but stick in everything else. They could get premium moola, but save money on not having drops. LE owners could still sing " nana nana nana - you don't have drops or an LE" and we could have a nice machine with full game play.

Gary - your are welcome, use my idea. All premium - sans drops - LE owners are whole and you sell PVE's like the hot cake.

#210 9 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Sold my LE a while back and will be waiting for the VE Premium to come out. I was a skeptic and and a non believer back in the days but just in the last 2 years Stern and PP have proven me wrong. Stern said no LE's will ever be reproduced, that is a fact coming straight from the man himself. Until Stern says, he will not make a TRON Premium VE" I'm going to believe there's already a future announcement and release date already scheduled.

Nothing in the works for a Tron VE or premium.

#211 9 years ago

I still don't get the draw for Tron LE remakes. Eli's fiber kit is awesome. It's better than the original, and I have an original. I know there's other things you can't replicate, but for me the pro is missing drop targets and Daft Punk mb. Both of which are cool, but not a deal breaker. Pros with Eli ramps come up for sale frequently, and usually include many extras.

Regardless, I'm going to hold off TWD and future titles until I see how they handle this. I'm already discouraged from new purchases due to the year it takes to make a coherent ruleset. I don't want to support a product early on and then get Luci'ed with a preferable product later on.

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yes, and with how brutal your TRON LE plays, it's unlikely that you will ever see Daft Punk Multiball!

Apparently NP got it once on my machine when I blinked. I have been one shot away a couple of times.

#213 9 years ago

Greg is in TRUE form tonight. I have only been around for three years - but there has to be more to it than the potential for lighted ramps on a Tron VE.

You go man! Shake your fist at the almighty dollar! I will stand right there with you and rail against the impending doom.

We love you man.

ps - I could have said " Cry Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war." instead of "rail against impending doom". Had to choose.

#214 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The Pinball market today is much bigger than it was just a couple years ago.
Proof of that is JJP and AC/DC & Metallica have 2nd premium editions and 2nd pro editions.

The "pinsplosion" was around 2012...and I'll say it one last time: Stern could have made a Premium THEN because Tron demand was there and people were throwing money around at pins like crazy....but they didn't. However, they made multiple runs of Tron PRO in '12 and '13! Most would say that things have cooled off a little bit lately...so maybe the market isn't bigger than it was a couple years ago.

I promise this is the last of my broken record-ing...what else can I say that I haven't said 50 times. My fingers and brain hurt.

Anyway, keep on hopin' and wishin'! I hope anyone who wants to enjoy some Tron gets some Tron. Please look to the marketplace for one, as that's the only place you're going to find some Tron.

#215 9 years ago

There will be another TRON

"I fight for the users" (and pinball fans everywhere)

#216 9 years ago

They didn't make many le Trons because it is a limited run. hence the L. Stern know that making a another limited run on a machine would hurt any future le sales so it wont happen.

The answer to 99 out of 100 questions is money and this threads question has a pretty simple answer.

#217 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

There will be another TRON
"I fight for the users" (and pinball fans everywhere)

People are talking like there are no Trons available anywhere. There have been 4 runs and there are plenty floating around. Maybe im missing the point but comments like the above seem to be coming from a standpoint of "there are no Trons left, Stern didn't make enough, please make more!!!"

There are plenty of NIB and near new Trons floating around for sales threads etc. You want one go and get one now. I got an IMve and it is awesome but I would have bought the original a while ago if it meant having it sooner. Waiting around for the ve (unless you saving for it) doesn't make much sense to me. They wont add much except double cointakers and and bb plus cab art. people are in dreamland if they think Stern will put eli ramps on it etc.

#218 9 years ago

2 NIB Tron Pros and 2 NIB Tron LEs for sale right now on Mr. Pinball Classifieds, take your pick!

#219 9 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

Mr. Pinball Classifieds

Thanks, not sure how I missed that. I may have to pull the trigger on one of those.

#220 9 years ago

I don't like Tron so I don't care if they make a triple deluxe version but yes, the "premium", "vault", whatever edition you want to call it is coming. Can't figure out why though, maybe 50 pinheads or so would want one?

Why worry? 400 isn't limited and as time goes by there won't be any "limiteds" that really matter of any pin….

Give it some more time and nobody will give a flying F about Tron, too many other great pins coming out and Tron ain't one of them, sorry Believe what you want Tronies…...

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't like Tron so I don't care if they make a triple deluxe version but yes, the "premium", "vault", whatever edition you want to call it is coming. Can't figure out why though, maybe 50 pinheads or so would want one?
Why worry? 400 isn't limited and as time goes by there won't be any "limiteds" that really matter of any pin….
Give it some more time and nobody will give a flying F about Tron, too many other great pins coming out and Tron ain't one of them, sorry Believe what you want Tronies…...

Ice I'm starting to think you are a closet Tron fan?! It's ok to admit that Tron is an awesome game
image-642.jpgimage-642.jpg

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ice I'm starting to think you are a closet Tron fan?! It's ok to admit that Tron is an awesome game

image-642.jpg 53 KB

Sorry Crete, I'm with you 1000% on RAZA, but Tron is my least favorite pin of any I've ever played and I hate the theme and hated the original video game! It's the most overrated pin of all time in my book! Along with AFM

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sorry Crete, I'm with you 1000% on RAZA, but Tron is my least favorite pin of any I've ever played and I hate the theme and hated the original video game! It's the most overrated pin of all time in my book! Along with AFM

kobe-sez-no-iceman.gifkobe-sez-no-iceman.gif
#224 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I love the game.

The LE's are just overpriced. On Mr. Pinball Classified, you can see the LEs are not moving.

Kind of reminds me of the Beanie Baby movement from 1999.

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hate you.

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Kind of reminds me of the Beanie Baby movement from 1999.

It was a strange time man...

beaneteddie5kd.jpgbeaneteddie5kd.jpg

#227 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

1. AC/DC Pro, Premium and LEs came out simultaneously…this was the new 3-teir marketing.
2. TRON LE came out before Premiums existed. AC/DC LE has different art than Premium. In Tron's case, a new Premium would be a LE clone. Stern doesn't remake LEs, therefore no Tron Premium….or Rolling Stones Premium or Avatar Premium.
3. IM was a Pro. It was never limited.

1. This is true, which is all the more reason to be baffled at the high value of the LE
2. Even stranger is how the ACDC LE retains its value even when an additional premium model came available
3. IM was limited as much as any other game out of manufacturing, and was valued as such because Gary Stern said it wasn't going to be re-run. We all know how that ended up.

With all the new model releases, remakes, and re-runs, there is no rule that a Premium of a past game can't or won't be made, and if it happens it likely won't substantially impact LE prices.

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It was made, it was sold out, it's over.

Yeah and don't you want BBB remade?

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Yeah and don't you want BBB remade?

I would love it, but I'm not going to delude myself into thinking it will happen. If it does, I will buy one. If it doesn't, life goes on.

That being said - BBB is an interesting case. There will always be the handful of Capcom protos, the 200 or so "Gene" BBBs...and now that PPS owns the IP, if they make a version, there will be that version. A little different than an official Disney Limited Edition licensed machine made by Stern.

#230 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

A little different than an official Disney Limited Edition licensed machine made by Stern.

Not really...a Tron VE with metallic decals and lighted ramps would just be another version of Tron. I don't see how anyone would think that couldn't/shouldn't/wouldn't happen. What are there now, about 5 or 6 versions already?? What's one more??

#231 9 years ago

I promise this is the last of my broken record-ing...what else can I say that I haven't said 50 times. My fingers and brain hurt.

Promises, promises.

This guy is amazing me, he lives in LA and doesn't understand people will do anything for a dollar, money talks, end of story. If Stern listens, well, that remains to be seen.

#232 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

This guy is amazing me, he lives in LA and doesn't understand people will do anything for a dollar, money talks, end of story.

Just because a guy is a great mechanic, does not mean he can run a garage.

Just because a guy works with cartoons does not mean he should run a pinball company.

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stern could have made a Premium THEN because Tron demand was there and people were throwing money around at pins like crazy....but they didn't. However, they made multiple runs of Tron PRO in '12 and '13!

Say this all you want, this still isn't proof there isn't one coming. No one has to answer the question "why not back then?" to believe it could happen now. The answer to that question is ultimately irrelevant and does not prevent premiums from being made.

Disclaimer: I don't think there's a premium coming.

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Just because a guy is a great mechanic, does not mean he can run a garage.

Some great mechanics are smart enough not to run a garage. Or even try.

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Say this all you want, this still isn't proof there isn't one coming.

So basically Tron Premium has become religion.
"I say there's no Tron Premium!"
"Prove to me that there ISN'T a Tron Premium!"
"The burden of Tron Premium proof is on you, you're the one who claims there is a Tron Premium"
"I have faith that there's a Tron Premium"

No one has to answer the question "why not back then?" to believe it could happen now. The answer to that question is ultimately irrelevant and does not prevent premiums from being made.

No, I think it's a logical question. The theory for a Premium is "people want it", "It's money, Stern likes money"...that was true when they made the multiple Pro runs.

Disclaimer: I don't think there's a premium coming.

Bless you, my son.

#236 9 years ago

They may not even call it a premium.

But with a ton of money on the table they could call it anything they want.

I think the odds of it happening are slim but if times get tough for Stern, not sure they would pass on an easy opportunity to increase revenue.

#237 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I think the odds of it happening are slim but if times get tough for Stern, not sure they would pass on an easy opportunity to increase revenue.

Again, there's that "money on the table" argument. When there was "money on the table" they made the Pro again. And again. And again. The Pro is EASY money for them. Like IM, it's a super low BOM, and buyers were happy to gobble them up. If distributors are beating their doors down for more Trons....you will see the Pro again.

#238 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

They will call it Tron VE and it will have new style decals, new back box, decal around the DMD and LED's.
People will buy it! even without lighted ramps which as we all know are available and can be installed with 4 hours time and a 6 pack of good beer

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

They will call it Tron VE and it will have new style decals, new back box, decal around the DMD and LED's.People will buy it! even without lighted ramps which as we all know are available and can be installed with 4 hours time and a 6 pack of good beer

I totally agree with this, except drink the beer after installing the ramp lighting!

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So basically Tron Premium has become religion.
"I say there's no Tron Premium!"
"Prove to me that there ISN'T a Tron Premium!"
"The burden of Tron Premium proof is on you, you're the one who claims there is a Tron Premium"
"I have faith that there's a Tron Premium"

You are the one who is 100% stating as near-fact there's no premium coming based on your interpretation of Stern's "no LE re-run" comment. From what I see everyone else is simply saying "I think there will be one". I don't see anyone saying "Tron Premium confirmed!". There's no burden of proof for those saying "I think Tron Premium is a possibility" but I believe there is burden of proof for you to say unequivocally there is no Tron Premium ever. I don't believe your 'proof' is much more than the same conjecture from the supporters of the idea have, except you are stating things much more definitively.

No, I think it's a logical question. The theory for a Premium is "people want it", "It's money, Stern likes money"...that was true when they made the multiple Pro runs.

Yes, and it remains true today.

I decided on at least 2 occasions back a few years ago NOT to pull the trigger on a NIB Tron. Fast forward to now, and I paid the same price as NIB but now for a used one. I don't make more money (ironically less), nor was there a windfall of cash from something. The opportunity came up again, and I decided to act this time. The fact that I didn't act 2-3 years ago doesn't mean I can't or won't act now. Really the answer to the question "why not back then?" in my case is: "I don't know". Does knowing that change the outcome of events? I would say it certainly does not, and Stern's answer to that question might be 100% the same, thus I would say Tron Premium from the "is it on the table?" standpoint is definitively yes.

Again, I don't see it being made. I think it will be a Pro with LED's, a lit recognizer, and MAYBE the ramp lights. That's it. They won't want to tool up for drop targets and motorized crap and new art blah blah blah. It will not be because they said "no LE remakes" or because "they would have done it already" - it will be because of cost cutting and ease of manufacturing.

#241 9 years ago

Really the answer to the question "why not back then?" in my case is: "I don't know"

Well, I know.

Let's revisit this in a few years when there's still no Tron Premium. LOL

#242 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, I know.

You know why I didn't buy Tron NIB and instead procrastinated for 2 years and bought one used anyway?

I'm all ears.

#243 9 years ago

You know why I didn't buy Tron NIB and instead procrastinated for 2 years and bought one used anyway?
I'm all ears.

No, I know why Stern made Pros and not Premiums back then….and it's the same reason they're not going to in the future.

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No, I know why Stern made Pros and not Premiums back then….and it's the same reason they're not going to in the future.

The reason was (imo) they didn't think of it, and/or they weren't sure the LE thing would work. Still doesn't mean they can't adapt to what clearly is working, just means they might step on toes a bit

Frankly it's irrelevant to me as my Tron pro is as good as I care for it to be. The ramp lights were all I wanted from the LE, and I have Eli's kit which is more than good enough for me. Even if they came out and remade the LE part for part I wouldn't swap it at this point.

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, I know.
Let's revisit this in a few years when there's still no Tron Premium. LOL

in a few years most will not care as the new machines coming out with online gameplay features and wifi connectivity with stereo sound will easily trump a tron. the only difference will be that used trons will be considerably cheaper then they are today, comrade.

#246 9 years ago

This is easy to answer since we are in the speculation phase.

Will Stern make a Tron Premium VE with LE features?
If you own a Tron currently - Hell no! They wouldn't dare.
If you don't own one - Yep! Why not, they are in the business to make money.

#247 9 years ago

A Tron Premium is one of the only NIB pins I would buy instantly, sight unseen, no hesitation. Just saying.

#248 9 years ago

Greg you came back for more! Now it's just you and like a couple of dudes, the others have all conceded the thread.

It got a bit off topic as the question of an LE rerun is surely put to bed now. Time for a fourth (?) thread entitled "What are the chances of a Tron VE with LE features, and are lighted ramps ever a possibility?" Seems like there are three camps on that one including the "maybe, with LEDs, but no lighted ramps and no DP multiball". We pinheads are a total side show.

#249 9 years ago

The reason was (imo) they didn't think of it, and/or they weren't sure the LE thing would work.

Huh? Tron LE & Pro were initially made in '11. Tron Pro re-runs happened in '12 & '13. They knew the LE thing worked…LEs were $10k in 2012….there was demand for Tron, so they made more Pros to satiate the demand - not Premiums, which they "could have" since it was clear people would pay big bucks for an LE. That's what I mean when I keep saying "why didn't they do it then"…I don't mean up front in 2011, I mean in '12 and '13.

#250 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

*broken record*

Ironic post of the month, if not year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Trade
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 567 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-chances-of-a-tron-legacy-le-remake/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.