(Topic ID: 243664)

Does the west coast need a pinburgh?

By KingHebes

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you think the west coast needs a Pinburgh?”

• Absolutely! 26 votes
      79%
    • No! 7 votes
      21%

(33 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

If you want a tournament in your area, get a team and throw one together yourself.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

INDISC is the new PAPA.

NYCPC is the new east coast INDISC

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingHebes:

I do host a monthly tournament in my area. Some other guys do too. We are healthily growing the boise pinball scene, but dont think we have the draw/venue to throw a big event that will pull a lot of out of staters. I will check out indisc, but its more comparable to papa. Other than that the nw pinball and arcade show looks like the biggest event in the west. Might check out nw pinball championship as well. These still only draw a few hundred players. Pinburghs multi day match play just seems awesome, and i'll bet it maxes the 1k player cap this year. If that's not a sign for demand, what is? The attendees have steadily grown each year with pinballs re-rise in popularity. Their pay structure is the best ive seen in a pinball tournament as well. Im thinking a bigger city hub could replicate the pinburgh style event in the west. Seattle or portland or san francisco. Anyone know the guy that opened next level in portland? Ive heard his collection is incredible. Perhaps hes our man?

It’s not that easy to just throw together something like Pinburgh. It’s more than just finding a dude with a bunch of games.

I’d suggest you get involved in running some slightly bigger tournaments to get some perspective, and then you can set your sights on some bigger game.

One thing to remember is pinburgh started with just a couple hundred participants, they weren’t hosting 1,000 people in year one.

We can use all the pinburghs we can get so let’s get it going!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-biggest-and-best-pinball-events-tournaments-expos?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.