(Topic ID: 28169)

What are the best "rare" hard to find titles?

By whoknowsgoi

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RawleyD
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0668.jpg
    IMG_0660.JPG
    IMG_0655.JPG
    IMG_0670.jpg
    IMG_0682.jpg
    IMG_0641.JPG
    IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0692.PNG
    IMG_0307.JPG
    image-2.jpg
    blackwater100.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG-20120301-00278.jpg
    SDC10293.JPG
    SDC10292.JPG
    There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

and go...

#2 11 years ago
    #4 11 years ago

Mystery Castle!

#5 11 years ago

Star Gazer

#6 11 years ago

Loch Ness Monster

#7 11 years ago

I don't think any of them are hard to find, you just have to have the money. If I posted a wanted add for a rare game paying premium it wouldn't take long. Finding rare games at a decent price, impossible.

#9 11 years ago

spirit

#10 11 years ago

Star Light

#11 11 years ago

Big Bang Bar
    King Pin (Capcom)
    Cactus Canyon

All have low production numbers and are considered highly collectable, and command truly staggering prices. "Good" is in the eye of the player, of course.

If you want to consider some other "top of the line" machines, the zenith is possibly games that have been gone over by Chris Hutchins at High End Pins:

http://www.highendpins.com/about_us.htm

It would be very hard to top anything from HEP.

They are works of art, as well as games.

Don't be like Cameron's Dad, who only wipes his Ferraris with a diaper and never drives them

RussMyers

#12 11 years ago

I owned a Defender for a while. Seemed kinda fun, although I never got it working right.

Otherwise CC is my favorite "rare" game that I have played.

#13 11 years ago

Not sure about the best but here is a bank of few rare ones.

Christopher Hutchins

010.JPG010.JPG 012.JPG012.JPG

#14 11 years ago

What is that huge one? I played that when I was very young, once in Virginia, once at Americana amusement park in Ohio.

#15 11 years ago

Hercules is the big game in the pic. Not rare, IMO.

Mystery Castle is probably my favorite of the rare games. Wish I could find one that wasn't an arm and a leg!

#16 11 years ago

mystery castle is almost imposible to find in europe

#17 11 years ago

I have played Hercules when it first came out and King Kong at David Silverman's house. I know about Krull, but Ihave no idea what the other pin is and cannot make out the name on the bg, JUMP something. Help, please.

Dan

#18 11 years ago

Wow

I'd love to play King Kong

I have played BBB and Kingpin

I think Kingpin is really fun and like the theme. Its kinda like a Whodunnit though slightly better

Mystery Castle is fun and inexpensive for what you get

that Ramp Warrior looks like High Speed meets Demo Man

#19 11 years ago

Ramp Warrior

Midway Manufacturing Company, a subsidiary of WMS Industries, Incorporated June, 1988

4 Player

SS

Truck Driving Theme

#20 11 years ago

I enjoy Spectrum.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Have to second that...Finally getting some play time on mine today, and I'm just marveling at the layout and the uniqueness of some of the shots. The reverse flow shot from lower right flipper through the loop to the upper left flipper and then back again is just genius. Shots through the drop targets into the shooter lane, another stroke of ingenuity.

I keep thinking to myself, that if this was a WMS game of this low production and this great of a design, it would be a 5 to 7K game easy. Much better than CC.

#22 11 years ago

Ramp Warrior is the same game as Truck Stop. From what I can recall, when Williams acquired Bally they changed the theme on the game at the last second and very few Ramp Warriors were made.

-Brian

#23 11 years ago

Heavy...metal...melt-down!!!!

#25 11 years ago

Radical

IMG_0046.jpgIMG_0046.jpg

#26 11 years ago

Is Radical that hard to find? I've always wanted one.

#27 11 years ago

High_End_Pins just won. That's a fantastic picture.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Wow
    I'd love to play King Kong
    I have played BBB and Kingpin
    I think Kingpin is really fun and like the theme. Its kinda like a Whodunnit though slightly better
    that Ramp Warrior looks like High Speed meets Demo Man

Played BBB and KIngpin as well. Of the two I'd love a Kingpin. That's my grail pin.

I need to check out Mystery Castle on IPDB. It has been coming up a lot lately.

How many Krulls are there? Like seven or something?

Dan

EDIT: MC looks cool. Good comparison with W?D.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from OTTOgd:

I enjoy Spectrum.

I have owned two. Cool game.

#30 11 years ago
    #31 11 years ago

ugh krull is so sweet....

#32 11 years ago

I like the HTF (somewhat rare) WMS early 80's....

Joust
    Defender
    Cosmic Gunfight

#33 11 years ago

I want Joust hands down above all else.

2 player head to head version of course.

#34 11 years ago

Great topic. Rare games are my thing, and there's a lot of cool ones out there.

2 of the best are Io Moon and Verne's World. They both have great sound packages and some really cool toys/features, and artwork.

#36 11 years ago

I had an algar which is the game after gorgar not many made fun pin for an old machine the heartbeat gets you going

#37 11 years ago

+1 on King Pin. I played that at pin a go go. It was way more fun than I expected. I kept going back to it again and again. That could have been the golden pin for cap com.

Quoted from RussMyers:

Big Bang Bar
    King Pin (Capcom)
    Cactus Canyon
    All have low production numbers and are considered highly collectable, and command truly staggering prices. "Good" is in the eye of the player, of course.
    If you want to consider some other "top of the line" machines, the zenith is possibly games that have been gone over by Chris Hutchins at High End Pins:
    http://www.highendpins.com/about_us.htm
    It would be very hard to top anything from HEP.
    They are works of art, as well as games.
    Don't be like Cameron's Dad, who only wipes his Ferraris with a diaper and never drives them
    RussMyers

#38 11 years ago

If you are talking "best" as in possibly fun to play I vote Joust. If you have two people that understand the game it is a blast to play, as a single player it sucks. Mine is always a huge hit when people are over. Not super rare as 6 or so a year come up for sale.

#39 11 years ago

I've got a few rares in my collection as well. Spectrum is fun, Cosmic Gunfight will be the last game to leave my collection if I ever had to sell them all. BMX is pretty cool too. I've never played a Mystery Castle, actually have never seen one anywhere. Cyclopes is another fun rare game.

#40 11 years ago

Hercules may not be all that rare of a title but a NICE Hercules is rare. These are some pictures of mine during the restoration last year. Completely sanded and re-stenciled, turned out very nice.

DSCN1501.JPGDSCN1501.JPG DSCN1503.JPGDSCN1503.JPG DSCN1515.JPGDSCN1515.JPG

#42 11 years ago

Championship pub?

#43 11 years ago

Dude, he asked for the "best" rare titles. Not the "breast" rare titles.

#44 11 years ago

rare enough that you don't know its called "Champions Pub"
    I think this should be called the "KoolAide thread" Just saying...How many of us have actually played "Krull" "KingKong" or even "Kingpin" to even make a opinion beside someone else telling you they are GREAT rare games...I think any pin under 2500 units is pretty darn rare....well compared to Addams Family or the Getaway....anyways....Drink up...OH YEAH!

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wickedquickss:

rare enough that you don't know its called "Champions Pub"

Well, you're closer, but also wrong. Take off an "s", and add a "The". The full and correct name of the game is "The Champion Pub". Even though the "The" is often left out, it's right there on the backglass and cabinet...

#46 11 years ago

i've played Krull and it's actually really fun for the era. Champion pub is NOT rare. If that's rare, my Orbitor 1 is really rare being production of 800.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from AdamTheGamer:

Dude, he asked for the "best" rare titles. Not the "breast" rare titles.

Fine, then my vote goes to Pinball circus. Love it.

#48 11 years ago

Don't know how rare it is, but I've never have seen one in person. Closest I've come to it is Pinmame version. Still want to see / play the real thing.

#49 11 years ago

No one has mentioned some of the rare EM's, There were only 425 Majorettes made, and it's an awesome game.

#50 11 years ago

I have a Majorettes so don't consider it rare, but it's really great to play

I'd put some Bally games on the list: Embryon, Elektra, Mystic.
    Nice looking games, quite fun to game, but hard to find compared to Space Invaders or Xenon..

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-best-rare-hard-to-find-titles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.