(Topic ID: 38617)

What are the best mods for IJ (Williams) ?

By Apollon

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
ijschema.jpg
IMG_0385.JPG
IMG_0384.JPG
IMG_0379.JPG
idol.JPG
indytopper.jpg
2126451-box_shammer_large.png
#1 11 years ago

Looking at getting an IJ. What are the best, coolest, must have mods for it?

Thanks.

#2 11 years ago

Working propeller on the middle plane is a must. Mine came with it , i am not sure where to find one.

#3 11 years ago

only my opinion.

2126451-box_shammer_large.png2126451-box_shammer_large.png

#4 11 years ago

Good one. Thanks. I'm pretty sold on the inside sideboard decals too. How about any of those from pinballdecals.com like the boulder mod, blimp, etc.? Also, anything for a topper?

#5 11 years ago

Jackpot light mod.
Lost plastic.

#6 11 years ago

This is my favorite. My topper. Side decals. Lost plastic. LEDs to light up lost plastic. Light mode start hole. Spinning propeller mod. A guy here just a few weeks ago made us a bunch of the propeller mods for $40.

indytopper.jpgindytopper.jpg

#7 11 years ago

I think the idol light mod rocks.
I have a minecart and jackpot mod too, but visually no match for the idol lights.

idol.JPGidol.JPG

Like those side decals as well, im considering buying this kit

ebay.com link: Indiana Jones Pinball Inner Cab Backboard Decal Set Mod

#8 11 years ago

Soon to be a ColorDMD for the IJ. Now that will be a major step up for that game.

#9 11 years ago

Where can I buy that idol ruins light mod? I need that in my life right now.

#10 11 years ago

Nice mods for a good game

#11 11 years ago

I bought the idol lights from this guy,

ebay.com link: Indiana Jones Pinball Ruin Idol Light Mod Kit

You might have to fiddle with the ruins a bit to minimize the gap between the ruins and the cabinet to minimize light leaks there. I had to.

Here a pic showing the minecart , jackpot and idol mod.
IMG_0379.JPGIMG_0379.JPG

#12 11 years ago

The jackpot mod you can easily build yourself btw.
I see all these expensive boards.
IMG_0384.JPGIMG_0384.JPG
IMG_0385.JPGIMG_0385.JPG
ijschema.jpgijschema.jpg
Last pic is from
http://www.pinballark.com/
If you use the menu in the upper right and select indiana jones you have some instructions in Swedish has some helpful pics.
Cant make a direct link somehow..

All you need is 2x molex connectors, 3x diode, 3 xlampholder,lights and some wire.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from elZilcho:

I bought the idol lights from this guy,
Ebay link

I have bought MULTIPLE mods from Andy (Dreads), he is a stand up guy and does good work. I have the:
Idol ruins light mod (great), mine cart mod (decent), the Arc mod (must have), the Tank mod (pretty cool), the Active Rolling Boulder Mod (not worth it), the Snake and Jewelled monkey mod (bling but does nothing), The Nazi Blimp (cool but over priced), hidden plastic (buy/make a kit to light it up), The Propeller Mod (bought from a guy on RGP), The Indy figure holding up a Crystal Skull?? I know it doesn't really fit this pin but the colour changing "skull" really brighten's up the game in a positive way). I also have the jackpot light mod but have not installed it because I am hesitant to cut my speaker panel....

If you need any pics...let me know. If you follow Andy's ebay link, he has videos of all his mods in action.
Good Luck!!!
PS...I just bought Gold Mirror blades to install....I think they will look great on this game!!

#14 11 years ago

Mine Cart mod is pretty cool.

#15 11 years ago

I've had my IJ for ages. I plan to do a full restore soon and the gold trim will be top of my list of things to do... along with my own gold mirror blades as well.

The other mods I have include:
-jackpot lights
-led strip to light up the lost plastic
-idol/ruins led lighting
-light-up ark on right ramp
-mini figures on slingshot plastics
-I'm getting high realism motorized planes (both)

And I also found these rare toys that were COMICON giveaways by gentle giant. They include super detailed miniatures of the Crystal skull, Sankara Stones, Fertility idol and the chalice/holy grail.

Lets see if I can post pics from my phone

image.jpgimage.jpg

#16 11 years ago

The mine cart is really cool, but the toys is kinda "plasticky". I personally like the ark mod over the ramp with the 2 LED lights in front. I put a snake near the Paths of Adventure, along with an Indiana Jones figure holding the idol near the bottom. Here's some pics.....

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#17 11 years ago

A couple more pics of the gentle giant mini toys and the micro figurines.
You can see the die-cast fertility idol and micro figures on the first shot. The other slingshot has Marion and a German soldier with gun. I got this idea from seeing a few of Allen's restores from Treasure Cove.

The second pic shows the Sankara stones. The detail in these little toys is awesome... especially the skull!

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#18 11 years ago

Kinda a mod-
I lowered the left ramp slightly so you can actually see the bridge(this took a little work). I also added three 555 leds mounted to the top of the back board above the bridge(this was very easy).

#19 11 years ago

gonna have to pick up the idol lights. very cool mod.

5 years later
#20 6 years ago

Never to old, its Indy.
Lior's ramp and ruins mods...
Great addition, taken orders now.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

The mine cart is really cool, but the toys is kinda "plasticky". I personally like the ark mod over the ramp with the 2 LED lights in front. I put a snake near the Paths of Adventure, along with an Indiana Jones figure holding the idol near the bottom. Here's some pics.....

Those toys are nicely detailed, but I can't condone putting a crystal skull on a WMS IJ.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,000 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
$ 1,419.00
Wanted
12,500 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-best-mods-for-ij-williams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.