• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

diamond-lady (resized).png
5J5A0174 (resized).JPG
IMG_7889 (resized).JPG
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#102 4 years ago

second, third the count-down and Joker poker shout outs, and would add Pinball Pool to the list, much under appreciated imo.

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

second, third the count-down and Joker poker shout outs, and would add Pinball Pool to the list, much under appreciated imo.

Absolutely. It would be hard to look past joker poker in any drop target discussion.

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

transporter the rescue

That's one I haven't played in awhile!

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It would be hard to look past joker poker in any drop target discussion.

JP is perhaps the best drop target layout that company had at the time, but as someone that owned both versions of the game, it just gets too darn easy after awhile with outlanes so narrow, they rarely take the ball. I take that into account when considering how great a game is.

But, it was good on location for winning lots of replays when pocket change was short in the late 70s.

And the EM version with it's fully rectified DC playfield was a breath of fresh air, as finally there was a Gottlieb that played fast.

#107 4 years ago

Diamond Lady has 14 drop targets (configured like Volley) and some of the best drop target rules for a non-modern game. If you hit all the diamonds down and leave all spades up you can double your score among other things.
diamond-lady (resized).pngdiamond-lady (resized).png

#108 4 years ago

I gotta put my 2 sense in here for EBD and Black Knight since they are both critical to really achieving the games. And had pretty cool drop targets at that. The 8 ball and horseshoes really pulled the theme into EBD for me.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Cleopatra has a wonderful drop target implementation. I love the risk reward of the drops that guard the temple with the 5k behind.

When I first saw Cleopatra I thought: "Booooooring" when I saw the playfield lay out. Then I ended up repairing the drop target bank in one and "tested" it.
That game is a lot better playing than it looks to be! Just trying to get any pair of target and roll-over is a challenge.

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

When I first saw Cleopatra I thought: "Booooooring" when I saw the playfield lay out. Then I ended up repairing the drop target bank in one and "tested" it.
That game is a lot better playing than it looks to be! Just trying to get any pair of target and roll-over is a challenge.

I want to see a remake of Williams Diner with waffles as drop targets. I'm sure you would approve.

2 years later
#111 2 years ago

Maverick is my #1 pick, since I own one. It is a drop target shooter's dream.
Joker Poker is my #2 pick. I really enjoy that game and all the drop targets.

#112 2 years ago

Royal Flush
Fast Draw
El Dorado
Quicksilver
Star Gazer
Nine Ball
Harlem Globetrotters
Frontier

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from terrapinmark:

Royal Flush
Fast Draw
El Dorado
Quicksilver
Star Gazer
Nine Ball
Harlem Globetrotters
Frontier

Add Seawitch with its 11 drop targets, Big Game with 9, and Catacomb with 12.

#114 2 years ago

Gottlieb’s Countdown is a drop target masterpiece at 16 drops.

#115 2 years ago

When I think drop target pinball I automatically go to Eldorado and it's variants.

And certainly, Eight Ball Deluxe is a fun drop target game.

Car Hop by Premier/Gottleib - haven't played it for years, but it comes to mind.

But the most FUN I've had with a drop target game in the past few years is Countdown. Surprising amount of magic in that playfield design.

6 months later
#116 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Maverick is my #1 pick, since I own one. It is a drop target shooter's dream.
Joker Poker is my #2 pick. I really enjoy that game and all the drop targets.

I've updated my collection.

Maverick is still my #1 pick for a modern pinball machine, although I have sold it.

#2 would be El Dorado. Picked one up and got it working. Loads of fun.

#3 would be Card Whiz.

#117 1 year ago

Of the ones I've owned or still do I'd vote for Jacks Open, Fast Draw, El Dorado, Solar City, Black Hole, EBD. Jacks Open, how the sequence keeps advancing and then only the red cards pop up, absolutely brilliant. I normally don't think of Black Hole as a 'drop target game' but it really is as far as what you need to accomplish and how many there on both playfields. Same with EBD, I don't call it a drop target game but nearly every shot is a friggin' drop target! Fast Draw they always say avoid the targets, but I can't help it, it's too much fun and the way to get big points and bonus in a hurry.

Of the handful of games I'd still like to own someday I'd say Joker Poker and Royal Flush.

#118 1 year ago

Did anyone mention Big Guns yet?

Very tight shots and you can quickly reset them and keep going at them. Probably the most drop targets you could hit down in a minute is on this game.

#119 1 year ago

My personal favorite with lots of drops? 8-Ball Deluxe.

#121 1 year ago

Stern Big Game and Stern Catacomb.

3 weeks later
#122 1 year ago

El Dorado for EM and Maverick for DMD Solid State are tops for me. I haven't found any drop target heavy pinball machines that top these two.

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-best-drop-target-games/page/3?hl=loveneverdiesguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.