Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

diamond-lady (resized).png
5J5A0174 (resized).JPG
IMG_7889 (resized).JPG

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#102 5 months ago

second, third the count-down and Joker poker shout outs, and would add Pinball Pool to the list, much under appreciated imo.

#103 5 months ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

second, third the count-down and Joker poker shout outs, and would add Pinball Pool to the list, much under appreciated imo.

Absolutely. It would be hard to look past joker poker in any drop target discussion.

#105 5 months ago
Quoted from woody76:

transporter the rescue

That's one I haven't played in awhile!

#106 5 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It would be hard to look past joker poker in any drop target discussion.

JP is perhaps the best drop target layout that company had at the time, but as someone that owned both versions of the game, it just gets too darn easy after awhile with outlanes so narrow, they rarely take the ball. I take that into account when considering how great a game is.

But, it was good on location for winning lots of replays when pocket change was short in the late 70s.

And the EM version with it's fully rectified DC playfield was a breath of fresh air, as finally there was a Gottlieb that played fast.

#107 5 months ago

Diamond Lady has 14 drop targets (configured like Volley) and some of the best drop target rules for a non-modern game. If you hit all the diamonds down and leave all spades up you can double your score among other things.
diamond-lady (resized).png

#108 5 months ago

I gotta put my 2 sense in here for EBD and Black Knight since they are both critical to really achieving the games. And had pretty cool drop targets at that. The 8 ball and horseshoes really pulled the theme into EBD for me.

#109 5 months ago
Quoted from koji:

Cleopatra has a wonderful drop target implementation. I love the risk reward of the drops that guard the temple with the 5k behind.

When I first saw Cleopatra I thought: "Booooooring" when I saw the playfield lay out. Then I ended up repairing the drop target bank in one and "tested" it.
That game is a lot better playing than it looks to be! Just trying to get any pair of target and roll-over is a challenge.

#110 5 months ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

When I first saw Cleopatra I thought: "Booooooring" when I saw the playfield lay out. Then I ended up repairing the drop target bank in one and "tested" it.
That game is a lot better playing than it looks to be! Just trying to get any pair of target and roll-over is a challenge.

I want to see a remake of Williams Diner with waffles as drop targets. I'm sure you would approve.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 999.00
$ 221.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11,500.00
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside