• 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Av8
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

shoot...and go....

#2 11 years ago

Almost any system 11 (I don't care for bad cats, police force, or jokers, but really any are good pins)

#3 11 years ago

DE games. LAH comes to mind. You can also find some B/W games. JD, FT etc. Plus like was said earlier most system 11 games.

#4 11 years ago

Majority of the top 20 on this list should fall into the 1k-2k range

http://pinside.com/pinball/top-100/bangforbuck

#5 11 years ago

WCS is excellent, and I second the System 11 idea, specifically Whirlwind.

#6 11 years ago

Maybe get an EATPM to tag along with your SS.

#7 11 years ago

BSD best bang for the buck in that price range... Hurry it may go north of 2k....
Al

#8 11 years ago

Demo man is fun for the price...

#9 11 years ago

See: Bang for your buck list

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Maybe get an EATPM to tag along with your SS.

+1 Definitely the way to go. Especially if you like the theme. A TFTC is also another nice option.

#12 11 years ago

All the 1992 and up dmd gottliebs. Sega and de games.
And lots of the ugly bad theme pins but game play rocks

#13 11 years ago

Ideally you could go with a lower end system 11 (Taxi, Police force, Pinbot, High speed, Jokerz, Millionare, and plenty more) Plus a gotttlieb dmd game (SFII, Teed off).

#14 11 years ago

Doctor Who. One of the best pins at any price IMO.

By the way, your avatar which I believe is from the movie "Bad Taste," really kicks ass!

#15 11 years ago

Hs,pb,cyclone,gl,sof,bop,dw,dh,t2,dm,sg,bsd. Those would be the ones i'd grab. Some might be pushing over the 2k limit imo. Gonna be close. Price is going to reflect condition.

#16 11 years ago

Jackbot, Flintstones, Demo Man, Dredd, Fishtales, Whirlwind, Earthshaker, Bride of Pinbot, Starship Troopers, Twister, Congo, Terminator 2, WWF, Star Wars Trilogy, Jurassic Park, Dr Who, High Speed, High Speed 2 (Getaway), Dirty Harry, BSDracula, routed Monopoly, Stargate, Super Mario Bros, Jackbot (yes its worth mentioning twice)

#17 11 years ago

90% of the non-DMD's. Almost every System 11. If you want a DMD, almost any Gottlieb System 3 that is not named Stargate. There are a ton of B/W B-movie licensed pins that SHOULD be doable for 1-2K...but in this crazy ass market, who knows.

#18 11 years ago

I gotta be the broken record here (do people here even remember vinyl and how it can skip?) and nominate World Poker Tour, still seems to sell for around $2k if you look around. Great Ritchie/Keefer/Granner game, tons of flow and depth. Also second the DE games (LAH) and some Segas (SST). I'd caution against BSD--at least play it first before committing. Many people like it as a popular BftB option, but I still find it a pretty boring game after a decade+ of playing it around. WPT>>>BSD imo, even SST>BSD.

#19 11 years ago

I might add Jurassic Park and Baywatch, JP is a classic but Baywatch is a really tough game. Stupid theme yes, but a pretty dang good playing machine.

#20 11 years ago

I'll also add all of the Sega pins.

#21 11 years ago

I wish Xenon and Flash Gordon went for the prices in the bang for your buck list.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I might add Jurassic Park and Baywatch, JP is a classic but Baywatch is a really tough game. Stupid theme yes, but a pretty dang good playing machine.

I agree with Matt. I love Baywatch.

#23 11 years ago

My choices are F-14 and Doctor Who. I play them as much as any other game in my collection.

#24 11 years ago

Mary Shelly's Frankenstein. It has a lot of the same shots as Tron, sort of mirror image-like. And some funny calls. And the monster throws the balls at the freaking playfield glass! I don't know why people never mention this one, is it just that nobody's played it?

#25 11 years ago

We've played it, I just don't think we'd say it's the best in that price range

#26 11 years ago

HSII get's my vote

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

We've played it, I just don't think we'd say it's the best in that price range

Yeah, I spose it's subject to tastes and I haven't played that many in that price range. But I think it's a ton of fun.

#29 11 years ago

Demo man, No fear, NBA FB, FT, T2, TFTC, Goldeneye, Tommy, Pinbot, BoP

#30 11 years ago

LW3. One of the cheapest DMD's with plenty to do to get you by until you can get something better. I still miss mine. Everyone loves it who comes over esp. the non pin crowd.

#31 11 years ago

Bram Stoker's Dracula, Jurassic Park, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Tales From The Crypt, High Speed 2, Congo, The Flintstones, Whirlwind, Revenge From Mars, Black Rose, Who Dunnit, and The Shadow.

#32 11 years ago

I agree with Wicked ... HS 2

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Doctor Who. One of the best pins at any price IMO.
By the way, your Avatar which I believe is from the movie "Bad Taste," really kicks ass!

Amen to both!

#34 11 years ago

if you are talking about the best in that class , bsd lw3 ngg. hs2. as long as they are well maintained with good crisp flippers.

I would stay away from Judge Dredd. high maintenance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 84.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-best-cheap-1000-2000-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.