(Topic ID: 303074)

What are the best ‘big moments’ in pinball ?

By rai

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TaylorVA
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A2E5484D-727C-4383-A171-5AB8886B2C69.gif
    There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

What are your favorite big moments in a game?

I rarely get all the way to a wizard mode but there are some big moments that I are just so very fun and adrenaline packed.

I’m talking for me like the Do or Die hurry up on Iron Man and the Hyper loop hurry up and Multiball on SW premium. This gets me excited every time.

I have yet to reach horde mode in TWD but that is probably one I’m looking forward to as well as destroying the Death Star (still have yet to do this).

#2 2 years ago

When Sallah aka John Rhys-Davies screams out "Suuuuuuupppppperrrrrr JACKPOT!!!"

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

Lots of great jackpots out there that I love. Game of Thrones super jackpot is great every time. I have a huge soft spot for the Mousin Around jackpot too. Doing all the work to relock the balls and then hitting the ramp..."yeah baby! Jackpot!"...love it.

#4 2 years ago

Don't intend to just list off wizard modes or mini wizard modes, but that is where a bunch of the great stuff happens.

Reaching Lost in the Zone in Twilight Zone is great.
    Destroying the ring in LOTR.
    In AFM both destroying mars and then again in Rule the Universe.
    Ghostbusters we came we saw is pretty great.
    Batman 66 I really like the mini wizard modes over the "main" villain escape wizard mode when it comes to light shows and audio/video packages.
    Mechsuit multiball in Deadpool is fantastic from start to finish.

#5 2 years ago

Three different multiballs at the same time on BSD.

#6 2 years ago

I forgot this one.

Iron Man when Monger rises up, Obi (Jeff Bridges) says “Where do you think you’re going?”

#7 2 years ago

And:
    A2E5484D-727C-4383-A171-5AB8886B2C69.gifA2E5484D-727C-4383-A171-5AB8886B2C69.gif

#8 2 years ago

Funhouse Jackpot, Rudy just screaming is great!
    Whitewater Vacation Jackpot, the game faking a crash followed by it going crazy is super fun. Whitewater 5X Jackpot also gets an honorable mention.
    Completing just about any mode or multiball in LotR is also super exciting!

#9 2 years ago

Addams Family; It's Showtime!
    LOTR: Two Towers Multiball... TO WAR!!!
    DE Jurassic Park: Dinosaur Eating the Ball and Smacking lips
    ST:TNG- Get to Warp 9
    Fish Tales: Rock the boat!
    Pinbot: I See You! (first time)
    Black Knight 2000: Mwa ha ha!
    Star Wars: Blow up the Death Star on a Premium/LE
    Torpedo Alley: Jackpot Fanfare and Light Show
    WCS 94: World Cup Match and Victory Fanfare
    Attack From Mars/Medieval Madness, Destroy the ship/castle

#10 2 years ago

Horde mode on TWD.

#11 2 years ago

Theatre of Magic trunk multi-ball

#12 2 years ago

Biggest moment in pinball:
    The moment that Steve Kordek saw Humpty Dumpty and said, "I ain't puttin' no six flippers on my game." Then he changed it to two and moved them down to the bottom of the playfield, where they've remained ever since.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

Yeah the Sallah call outs are awesome. The ultimate is "BILLION!!".

To me the best big moment is getting multiple balls racing around in the hyperspace loop ramp on Stern Star Wars. That is pure adrenaline.

#14 2 years ago

Horde
    Getting multiple balls in SW Hyperloop/Blowing up Death Star
    Ripping a lit spinner on Tag Team
    Firing the cannon JJP POTC

#15 2 years ago

“To War”. And if you’re not yelling it out with him, just quit pinball, because you don’t deserve to play.

#16 2 years ago

Chorus on live and let die on gnr is pretty amazing! ( I'm still in honeymoon phase)

#17 2 years ago

I have a few in no particular order:

1. LOTR: Destroy the Ring
    2. JM: Powerdown
    3. TWD: Horde
    4. Tron: SOS
    5. Ironman: Jericho

Perhaps Jericho is my favourite. Really gets the blood flowing.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

“To War”. And if you’re not yelling it out with him, just quit pinball, because you don’t deserve to play.

I think that also goes for “Black Waterrrrr Multiball!!!”

#19 2 years ago

Here’s a more subtle one. Funhouse - managing to stack Super Frenzy with three ball multi ball.

#20 2 years ago

F-14 multiball

#21 2 years ago

Elvira Scared Stiff when you finish the wizard mode and the machine goes nuts.

Stacking all five Multiball Madness on Medieval Madness. "Multiballllllllllll Maaaaaaaadnessssssss!"

Defeating the Vengeance on Star Trek.

Boom button on Deadpool

Magna-Save on BKSOR

Starting Sparky on Metallica

Tilting on Rick and Morty

#22 2 years ago

Wizard and mini wizard modes are beyond me. Although its not a particularly loved game by most, the start of DEs TMNT multiball is my favorite “big moment”.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Elvira Scared Stiff when you finish the wizard mode and the machine goes nuts.

Ditto on this one, and I'd include the whole build up to it as you complete the ramps/crate ("Hair raising!" "Skin crawling!")

#24 2 years ago

Code green on Space Station would be one of my top.

#25 2 years ago

Strobe multiball is a lot of fun, as well as Martian Multiball!

#26 2 years ago

On Doctor Who when you get the Sonic Boooom!!
    And again, and again....

#27 2 years ago

Easily Horde for me

#28 2 years ago

It's not the hardest goal in pinball, but I love it when Shadow says SUPER VENGEANCE IS YOURS!

#29 2 years ago

Some of my favorites:
    • Destroying the Death Star - Stern SW
    • Hand of the king - GOT
    • Destroy the ring - LOTR
    • Melt the witch - WOZ
    • applause jackpot followed by Encore - GNR
    • mech suit and Disco multiballs - DP
    • visitor center - JP
    • Cyborg MB (before the last update) - IMDN
    • and of course, Horde

#31 2 years ago

Showtime
    Killing Smaug
    LITS
    Scared Stiff final mode (I forget the name)
    Final Heist!
    EHOH: Gappa Angry

#33 2 years ago

* Melting the Witch on WoZ
    * F-bomb frenzy on Sopranos
    * Achieving/shooting 5,000 point (center) drop targets on Quick Draw/Fast Draw
    * Too many to mention on The Big Lebowski

#34 2 years ago

DON'T SHUT IT OFF! (Storage facility) GB

#35 2 years ago

My personal pinball "big moment" has to be the first game on a new machine once I get it home and set up.

#36 2 years ago

Mech suit MB on DP and destroying the ring on LOTR are my two favorite things in pinball to date. Both make me feel like a 10 yr old again.

#37 2 years ago

Blue Oyster Cult's Godzilla starting at the beginning of Godzilla (Pro) multiball.

#38 2 years ago

Setting off the siren on Quicksilver. Light all eleven letters on the same ball while you have 5x multiplier. Ball drains, 5x lights and games starts scoring your 5x bonus while the screeching sound gets a higher and higher pitch. Game suddenly stops scoring and the sound turns off. After maybe ten seconds, same process happens for 4x, silence, 3x countdown, silence, then 2x countdown. Really difficult to achieve and very satisfying.

#39 2 years ago

Oh yeah this is a good one too!

#40 2 years ago

Pop!Pop!Pop!

Spotting the whole tic tac toe board all orange or all white on Mystic = 3 free games and mega points.

Also the sound on the spinner lanes. Gotta love them spinner lanes!

#42 2 years ago

Max bonus on Joker Poker!

#43 2 years ago

Oh and Electric Magic frenzy on LZ is up there too. Hook up a sub and rip that spinner!

#44 2 years ago

Cashing in a song jackpot on GnR is thrilling ,more so if you get an Encore.The witches feet popping out in WOZ.SW hyper loop .Right now my favorite is ripping the locked ball out of the Electric Magic spinner with a side order of seizure lights !!

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Oh and Electric Magic frenzy on LZ is up there too. Hook up a sub and rip that spinner!

Great minds think alike

#46 2 years ago

Hitting all 3 leftside drops on Barracora with one hit.

#47 2 years ago

Whirlwind air raid siren after hitting 3 way combo!

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Mech suit MB on DP and destroying the ring on LOTR are my two favorite things in pinball to date. Both make me feel like a 10 yr old again.

Mech suit is badass !! The soundtrack ,callouts ,sounds in DP are second to none .

#49 2 years ago

Destroy the Ring in LOTR is good. But I like completing Fellowship MB even more: “YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!”

#50 2 years ago

On location playing a Metallica at near-max volume and James announcing "JACKFUCKINGPOT!" while a mother (with her small child) whips a nasty look at me and ushers her child away as if I made the machine say those bad words.

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-best-big-moments-in-pinball-?hl=dyopp21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.