(Topic ID: 41768)

What are some of the most UNDERrated pins not found in Pinside top 50???

By pinslut

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Blackbeard
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gameroom.jpg
There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago

Pretty much every great pin that was made before 1990. Pinside top 100 is a DMD lovefest. Any rating system that puts Champion Pub over a classic game with fantastic art/rules like Centaur can't be taken seriously. Are there really 69 games that are better than Pinbot or 99 better than Firepower? These games are classics! Junkyard is ranked higher than Pinbot for crying out loud....

#52 11 years ago

NBA Fast Break is way underrated due to the theme but the game is a ton of fun. I also agree with Dr. Dude and Comet.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

DINER!!!! Taxi on steroids!

I have a real love for Diner, and have owned one for something like 6 years, but this seems like a strange description to me. What about it is "on steriods" vs Taxi exactly? Taxi has very similar gameplay, and arguably better rules.

#54 11 years ago

I love my Haunted House...except for the technical headaches it gives me...

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

Man I would like to have a go of that pin it looks really good. From what I have seen....I like my pins like my pizza real cheesy

WhoDunnit is super fun!

#56 11 years ago

Congo, Nothing like it

#57 11 years ago

banzai run
transformers pro

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Pretty much every great pin that was made before 1990. Pinside top 100 is a DMD lovefest.

Count your blessings, Mike. It keeps the prices down on some of them, at least. Are you sick of that Flash Gordon yet?

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

Mary Shelly's Frankenstein.

+1

#60 11 years ago

Count your blessings, Mike. It keeps the prices down on some of them, at least. Are you sick of that Flash Gordon yet?

I'm not complaining at all Dave... There are no Top 50 Pinside games in my basement arcade and my wallet likes it that way -And no, I never get sick of FG kicking my ass...

gameroom.jpggameroom.jpg

#61 11 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic, Diner, Taxi

#62 11 years ago

The entire Pinbot family, Jackbot especially.

#63 11 years ago

I LOVE Stargate

#64 11 years ago

Did someone already start a thread called "Which games do you want to see OUT of the top 50 (to make SPACE for the ones mentioned in this thread)" ?

I mean at the end of this thread, if you think 20 other games belong in the top 50, well... you know what that means... we gotta go find 20 to remove from the top 50.

Good luck with that one !

(don't want to hijack this one, so perhaps someone can start a new one, if it hasn't already begun)

thanks!
MOF

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Did someone already start a thread called "Which games do you want to see OUT of the top 50 (to make SPACE for the ones mentioned in this thread)" ?

I mean at the end of this thread, if you think 20 other games belong in the top 50, well... you know what that means... we gotta go find 20 to remove from the top 50.

Good luck with that one !

thanks!
MOF

SS, CV, Avengers, TSPP, CFBL, Tron, RFM, Pinball Magic, Batman Dark Knight, BBB, Transformers, XMEN, EATPM, Fathom

There's 14 from my book that I could stand to see replaced

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

SS, CV, Avengers, TSPP, CFBL, Tron, RFM, Pinball Magic, Batman Dark Knight, BBB, Transformers, XMEN, EATPM, Fathom

You must be high, there are some quality games on that list of yours.

#69 11 years ago

You guys just came up with 36+ games to cram into the top 50.

B2K2
Banzai Run
Baywatch
BK
BR
Centaur
Congo
Corvette
Diner
Dirty Harry
DM
Dr Dude
Dr. Who
Flash
Genesis
HH
HS
INDY 500
Jackbot
Johnny Mnemonic
Junk Yard
Mary Shelly's Frankenstein
Mousin' Around
NBAFB
Raven
RBION
Shrek
Spanish Eyes
Stargate
Starship Troopers
Swords of Fury
T2
TFTC
The Flintstones
Who Dunnit
WPT

Should we now poll this out, pick your top 3?
Then we can rinse-repeat on the top-3 disliked in the top 50, then poll it.
Finally, we'll need a dedicated "RATINGS" blitz on those 3 games we want to make it.
And then a few dozen honest ratings on the 3 we don't want in there as much.

Change is good !

Thanks!
MOF

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from mof:

You guys just came up with 36+ games to cram into the top 50.

The op asked for under-rated games outside of the top 50. That doesn't mean they all belong in the top 50. I have some in the high 100's that i think should be in the top 100 but not the top 50.

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

The op asked for under-rated games outside of the top 50. That doesn't mean they all belong in the top 50. I have some in the high 100's that i think should be in the top 100 but not the top 50.

Agreed! I'm proposing we vote on 3 of the 36, and then see if we can actively get them up in the top 50... !

thanks!
MOF

#72 11 years ago

start the poll then

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Pretty much every great pin that was made before 1990. Pinside top 100 is a DMD lovefest. Any rating system that puts Champion Pub over a classic game with fantastic art/rules like Centaur can't be taken seriously. Are there really 69 games that are better than Pinbot or 99 better than Firepower? These games are classics! junkyard is ranked higher than Pinbot for crying out loud....

Quoted for truth.

Chris

#74 11 years ago

This turned out to be a pretty interesting thread everyone!!! Great list of Pins

#75 11 years ago

Sopranos, NBA, and GnR

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 11 years ago

Jolly park by spinball

#77 11 years ago

No fear, that game I think gets left behind because of its dated theme.

#78 11 years ago

Johnny.

#79 11 years ago

None of my machines are in the top 50 (heck Laser Cue isn't even rated), so my pick from that list of 36 is easy, I'll pick three that I own: Black Knight 2000, Haunted House, Swords of Fury.

#80 11 years ago

BBH

such a hard and fun game imo. how can you go wrong when you shoot at a moving buck? one of sterns better machines out of the 'lemon' as many would say.

#81 11 years ago

I'm gonna have to say Safe Cracker (currently ranked #80). The game is pure genius, and easily holds its own against any game from that era. Honorable mention goes to Pin*Bot.

#82 11 years ago

After playing it again, Fire!

Fun game to just play pinball, without having to think too much.

Chris

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

#125 Space Shuttle - This rating is so low, it's almost criminal. A top 25 for me, for sure. This game and pinbot *are* pinball to me.

The fact that Space Shuttle is not in the top 50 invalidates the entire list.

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm gonna have to say Safe Cracker (currently ranked #80). The game is pure genius, and easily holds its own against any game from that era. Honorable mention goes to Pin*Bot.

Great call on SC.

I see it is ranked quite a bit higher over at IPDB than it is here.

#86 11 years ago

Pretty much any classic system 4-11 would be underrated on this list but Firepower, Solar Fire, Space Shuttle, High Speed stick out to me for Williams. Meteor, Seawitch, Catacomb etc for Stern. Bally seems to be better represented in the top 100 at least

#87 11 years ago

Avatar pro or LE, NBA fast break, centaur, Congo

#88 11 years ago

there is probably another 50-60 great titles in the top 200 that are not in the top 50 IMHO.

TFTC
Congo
SG
JM
I500
SMB
JP
DrWho
Centaur
Taxi
RBION
BF
PB
NF
Flintstones
Simpsons
Radical
Baywatch
WWF RR
Diner
DH
NBA FB
Who dunnit

#89 11 years ago

My votes are for Diner and Flash Gordon.

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

The fact that BK2K isn't in the top 50, but BSD is in the top 25 is a travesty (drops mic).

lol @ mic drop

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from annointed:

Swords of Fury and Stargate.

Can't disagree as both are in my collection although I'd like to trade shooting the pyramid for a little JM glove action... soon...

4 months later
#92 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Leathel weapon 3.

It plays C&C Music Factory. That alone should put it at #1 in the Pinside Ranking.

5 years later
#93 5 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Leathel weapon 3.

Very True!!!!

#94 5 years ago

Star Wars Pro (Stern 2017) is out of the top 100???? It is such a great and crazy game I bought one. So fast and hard. Its rating of 7.510 puts it at 143.

#96 5 years ago

I’m going to say The Rolling Stones.

There is no way this game should be ranked in the 300’s. What a joke.

Learn the rules and it’s a fun fast challenging game with incredible flow at times.

#97 5 years ago

DW
It gets annoying and feels repetitive because of the music, change that out (Pinsound shout out!) and the game is magically transformed

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Star Wars Pro (Stern 2017) is out of the top 100???? It is such a great and crazy game I bought one. So fast and hard. Its rating of 7.510 puts it at 143.

This! SW at 143 is just BS

#99 5 years ago

Congo is #39 so stop that call right now. Hasn't been underrated in a long time...

No, the real answer is Sopranos. #99 with almost the exact same layout as LOTR and the only mafia game worth mentioning.

#100 5 years ago

Data East Batman, Cyclone and Diner.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.99
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-some-of-the-most-underrated-pins-not-found-in-pinside-top-50/page/2?hl=roxasursoxas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.