(Topic ID: 280868)

What are some of the best pinball movies?

By CosmoConstant

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

The-Money-Pit-640x360 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I’m looking for movies to watch (not documentaries) that have pinball in them. Just as long as the movie is at least 40% about pinball machines I’ll be happy. I’m trying to find PG-13 and R rated movies. Yes, I know that a lot of the classics like Tommy are PG. Can anyone help me out? Thanks

#2 3 years ago

Pinball Doughnut Girl

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

Well, I don't think there are a lot of them, but this thread lists most of the pinballs spotted in Movies and TV if you haven't seen it. Look at the key post list, this is the easiest way to see.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/49#post-5943238

#4 3 years ago

"Bill and Ted's Excellent Pinball"

#5 3 years ago

"Debbie Does Pinball"

#6 3 years ago

So far Pick-up Summer (1980) is my favorite pinball movie.

#7 3 years ago

Pinball summer is cheesy funny

#8 3 years ago

It’s rated G, I’m afraid, but so powerful:

#9 3 years ago

The Accused is rated R. Doesn't exactly show pinball in a good light though.

There is always Tilt with Brooke Shields. It's an awful movie but about pinball.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0078400/

#10 3 years ago

If you like seeing old EM’s smashed. Watch The Who’s Tommy movie. Not sure how many, but would guess several hundred machines get smashed for this movie.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from athens95:

If you like seeing old EM’s smashed. Watch The Who’s Tommy movie. Not sure how many, but would guess several hundred machines get smashed for this movie.

Saw that movie in 1975 and thought it sucked. Saw it a second time several years ago. Still sucked. Doubt I’ll have to suffer through it for a third. ...and I own two licensed games from that movie?

#12 3 years ago

There’s a lot of video game movies, but not very many pinball movies. There’s a lot of bowling movies too. LOL

#13 3 years ago

The master list of pinball appearances in movies can be found at pingeek.com, having sightings reported for over 15 years from many members of the pinball community. That 40% pinball content criterion is a high bar, though.
    .................David Marston

#14 3 years ago

Isn’t there only one movie ever made that is more than 40% pinball?

#15 3 years ago
    The-Money-Pit-640x360 (resized).jpgThe-Money-Pit-640x360 (resized).jpg
    #16 3 years ago

Rocky 3

#17 3 years ago

I love when Rocky III gets him out of jail and is like "Yo Paulie, you broke my machine."

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

It’s rated G, I’m afraid, but so powerful:

Don’t forget Stewie’s version

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-some-of-the-best-pinball-movies and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.