New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 66255)

Interesting PINBALL AUCTION pricing results from Dallas.

By Jared

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by tamoore
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-911.jpg
image-826.jpg
image.jpg

#1 7 years ago

From Dallas Texas. 10-12-13

Harley Davidson HUO #2 - $4250
South Park - $1450
Fish Tales - $1500
South Park - $1300
Elvis - $2600
Roller Coaster Tycoon - $1450
NASCAR - $1750
Space Jam - $1100
Elvis - $2500
Terminator 2 - $1500
Data East Playboy - $1050
Elvira party monsters - $1500
Eight ball Deluxe - $1100
Laser Ball - $325
Jungle Lord - $500
Night Rider - $375
Lethal Weapon 3 - $900
Bally Game Show - $700
LOTR - $3550
Harley Davidson - $1300
Fish Tales - $1700
White Water - $2700
Whirlwind - $1450
Silver Slugger - $900
Lethal Weapon 3 - $850
Funhouse - $2400
Big Hurt - $800
Lethal Weapon 3 - $900
Bally Rolling Stones - $1100
Hook - $1200
Addams Family - $4300
Fish Tales - $1700

#2 7 years ago

Wow, some good prices there.

#3 7 years ago

Wow. I would have bought at those prices. Of course, I am assuming that the machines are in reasonably good condition...

#4 7 years ago

Wow!!! I have never been to an auction with that many quality titles for sale. Had to be some decent games out of the bunch.

#5 7 years ago

Looks like the market is softening....

#6 7 years ago

interesting, overall looks like some fair prices.. thanks for posting!

#7 7 years ago

Prices dont mean nothing without knowing the condition and working or not etc... Plus I'm sure at the auction people were paying close to 20% fee's and sales tax ? And these are probably the hammer prices. Again, condition is everything. I've got a Bally Eight Ball here for $400 but nobody is beating a path to my door to get it. Condition , condition , condition......

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#8 7 years ago

Here image-911.jpgimage-826.jpgimage.jpg

#9 7 years ago

Good prices except for Harley Davidson, but without knowing condition plus three fish tales probably brought that down a little and did the owners do a buy back all things we don't know. I would like to buy a lotr for 3500 though.

#10 7 years ago

Yeah a few buy backs...

If you had a tax id you didn't have to pay tax, and if you had a business license you didn't have to pay a buyers premium. Just flat $10 per item.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Prices dont mean nothing without knowing the condition and working or not etc... Plus I'm sure at the auction people were paying close to 20% fee's and sales tax ? And these are probably the hammer prices. Again, condition is everything. I've got a Bally Eight Ball here for $400 but nobody is beating a path to my door to get it. Condition , condition , condition......
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

Couldn't agree more.

#12 7 years ago

Good to see some actually decent prices for the first time in awhile.

#13 7 years ago

How many people showed up roughly?

#14 7 years ago

There are those who are hoping for a softening market - buyers. Sellers are looking for a market upswing. With the recent auction results there isn't a column that indicates seller buy back -- a no sale. John P. has it right. In my case condition is number one, function doesn't matter as that can be fixed. So I take form over function and subscribe to John P's three "Cs" of pinballs, condition, condition condition. C+C+C=$

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Looks like the market is softening....

That's what I have been predicting all along! Ed

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

There are those who are hoping for a softening market - buyers. Sellers are looking for a market upswing.

95% of all people who are reading this forum are both: Buyers and sellers.

#17 7 years ago

Great games (both playability and condition wise) will continue to rise in value - as long as interest in pinball keeps increasing.

Some games, like Jungle Lord, Spy Hunter, Dolly Parton, have been $500 games seemingly forever.

#18 7 years ago

How was the Wh20? Looks like a minty cab and a good topper from the pic

#19 7 years ago

Ouch at the Laser Ball going for $325. I paid $500 for mine, although admittedly that was also with a NOS playfield thrown in on the deal.

My misread, I own a Laser Cue, not a Laser Ball. Laser Ball is from 1979 as opposed to Laser Cue from 1984. I would have bought that Laser Ball for that price given the opportunity, though, because I played that machine a lot in the early 1980s-- a true widebody, where the playfield is as wide as the backbox.

#20 7 years ago

Prices are softening on everything not just pinball machines. I for one am glad to see the pinball prices settle down a bit. They went crazy the past 2 years! We seem to be past that though.

I will add....the economy is getting progressively worse, I'm sure the government shutdown doesn't help and with the debt ceiling 5 days away everyone who has $$$ right now is being extremely cautious because they are once again afraid of loosing 20% - 40% from their 401k's if these knuckleheads in Washington don't get the problems plaguing the country resolved.

I do know this. If they screw it up and the USA's credit rating is reduced from a AA rating to a A rating. This country's interest rates will skyrocket! Gas, food, energy costs will all go through the roof and no amount of Quantitative Easing will help this economy as it will cost the USA a higher interest rate to borrow $$$ from foreign countries like China & Japan who we are already into for about $4.5 Trillion bucks!

It's going to get ugly folks.....expect some good pinball and videogame bargains as people fight to put food on their families tables and gas in their vehicles. I'm sitting with a ton of $$$ waiting to snatch up some good deals!

#21 7 years ago

With new titles becoming A games (using the term loosely), the B minuses and Cs seem to be softening a bit.

They won't harden up without new blood coming into the hobby. It just comes down to an increased supply outstripping demand IMO.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Capper96:

How was the Wh20? Looks like a minty cab and a good topper from the pic

It was very rough upon a closer inspection - water damage and lots of bondo with very poor touchups, playfield was nice. It was a buy back, the owner wanted $3500. He also bought back one of his Fish Tales but I was able to work a deal with him on it.

Overall the condition of the pins were pretty good, there were a fair amount of buy backs (I'd guess about 30%), the South Park's and the Hook were very rough.

#23 7 years ago

This is the problem with raw numbers. Buy backs and poor condition skew the results.

#24 7 years ago

wow that takes me back about 2 years ago.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

water damage ... owner wanted $3500

"Maximum "

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Prices are softening on everything not just pinball machines. I for one am glad to see the pinball prices settle down a bit. They went crazy the past 2 years! We seem to be past that though.
I will add....the economy is getting progressively worse, I'm sure the government shutdown doesn't help and with the debt ceiling 5 days away everyone who has $$$ right now is being extremely cautious because they are once again afraid of loosing 20% - 40% from their 401k's if these knuckleheads in Washington don't get the problems plaguing the country resolved.
I do know this. If they screw it up and the USA's credit rating is reduced from a AA rating to a A rating. This country's interest rates will skyrocket! Gas, food, energy costs will all go through the roof and no amount of Quantitative Easing will help this economy as it will cost the USA a higher interest rate to borrow $$$ from foreign countries like China & Japan who we are already into for about $4.5 Trillion bucks!
It's going to get ugly folks.....expect some good pinball and videogame bargains as people fight to put food on their families tables and gas in their vehicles. I'm sitting with a ton of $$$ waiting to snatch up some good deals!

If America goes to shit your fiat currency won't even buy a Baywatch with a broken DMD

Think Red Dawn + Deliverance

#27 7 years ago

Those are reasonable prices for routed machines. People on pinside generally seem to charge/pay a lot more for pins than anywhere else. Some of the prices posted here are crazy and people say, "great deal!" But then again something is only worth what people will pay for it so I digress.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Those are reasonable prices for routed machines.

Agreed. There is not price dip. These are sure to need money and effort to get top $

#29 7 years ago

Others have stated these results are for the most part..... meaningless without knowing the condition and buyback info. I agree 100%.
Of all the auction results, I am amazed and confused that the Harley pin price reached $4250. I don't see the Harley pin even close to being in the same league (bang for the buck) as TAF or LOTR.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Agreed. There is not price dip. These are sure to need money and effort to get top $

Absolutely. The FT I got will need at a minimum $500 in parts not to mention a full shop and redecal.

None of the games were a steal, most prices were fair, some were high. The TAF that went for $4300 had mansion wear and reset issues. It was bought by a retailer in central Texas that didn't really care what it went for since he "needed" it, presumably for a customer.

#31 7 years ago

How/when/where... do you find out about auctions like these?

#32 7 years ago

Not sure how auction results have anything to do with pinball machines "worth", other than what you can get for one if it's missing parts, has possible electrical/playfield/cabinet issues, and you want the ultimate as-is sale...or just buy it back if it doesn't fetch what you want that day.

#33 7 years ago

Wow! Harley Davidson $4250 , Its not worth that even if it were new in box . This is just my opinion not based on anything other than that . It's also my opinion that the game blows .

#34 7 years ago

I hope prices at the Tenn and NC auctions follow the trend...this is good news for me with an empty arcade to fill!

#35 7 years ago

The Harley Davidson in question was HOU with less than 400 plays . It was also serial number #2. ( apparently #1 is in a museum...who knows) But this one was mint.

#36 7 years ago

Those prices mean pretty much nothing without seeing the machines. I'm sure this has been said, don't feel like reading all the responses.

#37 7 years ago

K.

We'll I will post pictures of all the machines then.

Or here is another way to think about it.

Assume every machine was in a condition equilivant with the price you see.

For example the Harley Davidson was a HUO with less than 300 plays.

Nearly every pin there started, worked and played. Several of them were in fine shape.

I'm too new overall to know, but seems like some great deals.

Bear in mind anyone who did not have a business license had to pay + 8.25% sales tax and + 13% buyers premium.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

For example the Harley Davidson was a HUO with less than 300 plays.

Still way too much for the Harley Davidson . The reason why a 14 year old game only has 300 plays is because it is not fun to play . Again just my opinion . Seems like Harley Davidson Pins go to people that are Harley Davidson fans and not pinball players . The pins sit in their basements and never get played .

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Seems like Harley Davidson Pins go to people that are Harley Davidson fans and not pinball players . The pins sit in their basements and never get played .

Yep, same as Playboy and Adams Family.

Everyone has one next to the pool table, unplugged, never played.

#40 7 years ago

The Harley was supposed to be serial #2.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yep, same as Playboy and Adams Family.
Everyone has one next to the pool table, unplugged, never played.

Addams Family never played? No way. The reason so many were sold and so many are found worn is because of play.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Addams Family never played? No way. The reason so many were sold and so many are found worn is because of play.

These are not pinheads, they are just regular people who have a game room:

1. pool table
1. pinball
1. dart board
1. popcorn machine
1. big screen tv

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

1. pool table
1. pinball
1. dart board
1. popcorn machine
1. big screen tv

Tru dat. I know of two people in my area that have a TAF in their game room. It's their only pin......and they know what it's worth.

#45 7 years ago

I *like* how the last selling price becomes the new standard price for all future sales of a particular, independent of condition. Sarcasm off. Sorry .

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I *like* how the last selling price becomes the new standard price for all future sales of a particular, independent of condition. Sarcasm off. Sorry .

Perhaps I should re-word my title. Sorry, was just sharing auction results.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Agree- the word "worth" clearly offended many. Thanks for sharing the results.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

1. pool table
1. pinball
1. dart board
1. popcorn machine
1. big screen tv

Don't forget the abandoned exercise bike in the corner

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I'm not really mad or anything and I wasn't pointing my finger at you or anyone in particular. It's just the way things are in the hobby right now. People are very focused in on the latest result, not the trend.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I'm not really mad or anything and I wasn't pointing my finger at you or anyone in particular. It's just the way things are in the hobby right now. People are very focused in on the latest result, not the trend.

Sorry, but this proves WH20 is a 2700 dollar game.

Someone please sell me one for 2700. I'll be waiting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mesa, AZ
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside