(Topic ID: 228773)

What are hard to find parts, what would you like to see made?

By Pmuis

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8FBBEE0F-199F-4C75-B4FC-3FEC4CED924E (resized).jpeg
    D383E11B-E766-45F2-BE55-D2A06029B785 (resized).png

#1 5 years ago

Hi everybody,

I'm thinking about investing in some good tools and start fabricating some hard to find and custom parts for, among other things, pinball. What parts do you think should be made available? Focussing primarely on metal parts, clear plastics, 3d printed parts, electronics and perhaps assemblies. Maybe not even directly parts you would like to see but more problems that are hard to fix. For instance because they might be badly engineered.

For example, the bracket for the assembly of the mini-playfield from The Shadow.

#2 5 years ago

Make these post affordable.
    Always break on me when tearing down a pin.

D383E11B-E766-45F2-BE55-D2A06029B785 (resized).pngD383E11B-E766-45F2-BE55-D2A06029B785 (resized).png
    #3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wariodolby:

Always break on me when tearing down a pin.[quoted image]

How much Marco charging?

#4 5 years ago

how about the Indiana Jones 03-8844 idol rotor arm I desperately need one and they are just not available any more not just here in the UK but any ware it seems. plastic will always break I guess eventually

#6 5 years ago

Fish tales Reel handle

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wariodolby:

I don't think I would be able to make those cheaper

Quoted from Baza66:

how about the Indiana Jones 03-8844 idol rotor arm I desperately need one and they are just not available any more not just here in the UK but any ware it seems. plastic will always break I guess eventually

Thank you, I will look into it, have to get my hands on one. Should be doable

Quoted from Stretch7:

Fish tales Reel handle

Is it metal? What breaks on it? or is it just the looks?

Thank you, I though such a thread had to excist but I couldn't find it with my searchterms.

In the meanwhile, keep`m coming

#8 5 years ago

R2D2 body for Data East Star Wars.
    Haven’t found one in 4 years.

8FBBEE0F-199F-4C75-B4FC-3FEC4CED924E (resized).jpeg8FBBEE0F-199F-4C75-B4FC-3FEC4CED924E (resized).jpeg
    #9 5 years ago

How about the mystical Freddy glove flipper that's never in stock.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wariodolby:

R2D2 body for Data East Star Wars.
    Haven’t found one in 4 years.
    [quoted image]

should be doable, I'll look into it. I don't have experience with this game, why does it break? does it need improving?

Quoted from arcademojo:

How about the mystical Freddy glove flipper that's never in stock.

Good one, you hear this one is always broken.

#11 5 years ago

The Machine - Bride of pinbot. Helmets are nowhere to be found ;(

#12 5 years ago

I’m in need of this crucial train part for the Cactus Canyon train.Train body #2.

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/03-9863.html

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from bballfan:

I’m in need of this crucial train part for the Cactus Canyon train.Train body #2.
    https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/03-9863.html

Should be makeable, wil look into it. If you have more information, like why it breaks, let me know.

Quoted from HarrieD:

The Machine - Bride of pinbot. Helmets are nowhere to be found ;(

Will look into it a bit further, might be hard to make with consumer tools. Best solution would be injection molding. Also, silver/chorme plating will be difficult and probably expensive

#14 5 years ago

“should be doable, I'll look into it. I don't have experience with this game, why does it break? does it need improving?”

I need one as well. Flashers could melt them sometimes.

#15 5 years ago

There's a guy on eBay that has a used one for sale at $128. Little pricey!
    I know another guy who will take your helmet as a trade and give you back another helmet that has been cromed. It's a 7 coat process and is amazing when done.
    Here's the catch the trade is $200. So now your into a BOP helmet for $328
    I had one that wasn't broken but had a poor paint job done to it so it cost me just the $200 for a trade.
    If anyone is interested I'll add a picture of my helmet with the guys business card info.
    Met him at the Chicago pinball expo in 2017

#16 5 years ago

Just found out that of all things, Lockdown bars for classic Stern games from the 80's seem to be unobtanium.
    So my vote would be for these.
    If anyone know where some are, please let me know.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pmuis:

Is it metal? What breaks on it? or is it just the looks?

Yes it’s metal. Can’t really say they break often that I know of but I know you can’t buy them. And I need one

#18 5 years ago

Another vote for early stern lock down bars

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pmuis:

Should be makeable, wil look into it. If you have more information, like why it breaks, let me know.

Will look into it a bit further, might be hard to make with consumer tools. Best solution would be injection molding. Also, silver/chorme plating will be difficult and probably expensive

Great, just PM me if you need some info and/or help.

I got a fair spare one with flaking chrome on it. Will try to restore it in a decent shape. I am going to restore my BOP with a new playfield, new ramps, new mini playfield, new face plates, new plastics set, new cabinet decals. All parts I have laying around but only that damn helmet isn't available.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Just found out that of all things, Lockdown bars for classic Stern games from the 80's seem to be unobtanium.

I would reach out to Kerry at Mantis. He fabricates metal parts.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Quoted from Stretch7:

Another vote for early stern lock down bars

Thirded! I need a widebody lockdown assembly!

#22 5 years ago

when hunting for a part make sure to use this website to see it is available - excellent pinball search engine

http://www.pinballsearch.com/#gsc.tab=0

and if you find a part and buy it, donate the guy a dollar as it helps him keep it open

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-hard-to-find-parts-what-would-you-like-to-see-made and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.