1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cjs001
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

What are EM gun games going for now? I don't see any price guides on these but what I do see for sale all over the map from $600 projects to $4000+ for restored ones. I know some are more desirable than others but I always thought these games were fairly tight on price. Are good condition working (non-restored) EM gun games in the $1k range?

#2 1 year ago

most go for less than a grand. they are big, heavy, and not as many people collect them, anything over a grand is fantasy. unless its mint, or one of the rare hot titles, 800 should get you a game if you are patient

#3 1 year ago

I'm finding the prices on nice condition, WORKING gun games to be going up the last few years. If you want one that looks good and plays good, and is not a dust-covered project, I'd be prepared to pay up to $1200. The $800 game is not gonna be as pretty, or its gonna have mechanical issues. Titles are important too. A working, clean Midway Haunted House, with working sound track, could easily bring $2000 right now from a collector.

#4 1 year ago

Lots of risks with a project gun game since some parts are near impossible to track down it's a must to make sure its complete.

#5 1 year ago

very important to make sure it has all its sound cards/ components . Although , there are some where an 8 track was an optional item at point of sale, the CC funland i used to own didnt have a soundtrack but it wasnt part of gameplay and offered as an option

#6 1 year ago

the restored gun games went at Morphy auction in Las Vegas Jan 27&28 for $1000-6000 + 20-28% BP.

2 weeks later
    #7 1 year ago
    Quoted from JimDinTN:

the restored gun games went at Morphy auction in Las Vegas Jan 27&28 for $1000-6000 + 20-28% BP.

Can you provide a link to those auction results?

1 month later
    #8 1 year ago

So what are some of the most desirable gun games out there? Any list?

#9 1 year ago

Space Glider, actually has a rule set.

#10 1 year ago

Purchased three gun games as a package, working projects, for 1800.00 a few years ago. Have been watching the market, prices have crept up a little since that time.

#11 1 year ago

I am going to look at a Rodeo shooting gallery by Chicago coin any clue what the value is on this game?

#12 1 year ago

If an individual is paying $600 for a EM project gun game missing parts they are already in trouble. There are very few titles that command more than $2k fully restored, down to all components and repaint. Stay away from high end auctions, as they are not guarantees of functionality or maintenance.

Consider these points.

If you have a specific title in mind, find three examples, as you may need the spare parts to make a single game. I learned this from experience.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

I am going to look at a Rodeo shooting gallery by Chicago coin any clue what the value is on this game?

What kind of shape is it in? Remember these machines are very heavy. I had a Big Top twin shooting gallery that weighed a ton especially being a 2-player.
    Good Luck

#14 1 year ago

These games are all over the place lately. I currently own three and have had a few others in the past.

Like others are saying, completeness means everything as many of the specific parts (backglass, moulded scenery, etc.) are unobtanium.

In the past two years, I have paid $300 for a non working Williams gun game and $750 for a fully working Chicago Coin game.

I think a complete, non-working project should range between $400-$600 while a working example 100% playing (not full cosmetic resto) would be between $750-$1000. Obviously some titles like Midway Haunted House garner more, but this is the range I see.

#15 1 year ago

I had a CDI Twin Riffle and I now regret selling it. Although I know it went to a great place and buyer. Now have a Midway Haunted House that I'm gradually putting together piece by piece. EM's in general are out there but not as plentiful as even 5 years ago at a decent price. Paid $600 for my broken down Haunted House needing major work. However I like them that way.

#16 1 year ago

Here is a link to the Morphy auction listed above. Some of these arcade games went for insane prices IMHO.

http://auctions.morphyauctions.com/catalog.aspx?auctionid=313

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

What kind of shape is it in? Remember these machines are very heavy. I had a Big Top twin shooting gallery that weighed a ton especially being a 2-player.
    Good Luck

Yeah I don't know only saw a picture of it. I am on the fence about it.. Looks to be in decent shape

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

These games are all over the place lately. I currently own three and have had a few others in the past.
    Like others are saying, completeness means everything as many of the specific parts (backglass, moulded scenery, etc.) are unobtanium.
    In the past two years, I have paid $300 for a non working Williams gun game and $750 for a fully working Chicago Coin game.
    I think a complete, non-working project should range between $400-$600 while a working example 100% playing (not full cosmetic resto) would be between $750-$1000. Obviously some titles like Midway Haunted House garner more, but this is the range I see.

Are the rifle games from the 50's in the same market price range or are the EM rifle games everyone is referencing for pricing "newer" ones from the 60's/70's? I have a '56 William crossfire up and running now.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from cjs001:

Are the rifle games from the 50's in the same market price range or are the EM rifle games everyone is referencing for pricing "newer" ones from the 60's/70's? I have a '56 William crossfire up and running now.

I think ones from the 50's command more. I know more common games like Arctic Gun, etc. seem to be in the $500-$600 range. I sold a full playing, 8 track included, Midway Wild Kingdom for around $700 around three years ago but it is a more desirable title.

I was hoping to see a nice restored Midway Sea Raider in those auction results. I have been debating doing a full restoration on it but just can't justify it.

#20 1 year ago

I think ones from the 50's command more. I know more common games like Arctic Gun, etc. seem to be in the $500-$600 range. I sold a full playing, 8 track included, Midway Wild Kingdom for around $700 around three years ago but it is a more desirable title.
    I was hoping to see a nice restored Midway Sea Raider in those auction results. I have been debating doing a full restoration on it but just can't justify it.

That's good to know, for some reason I thought the later ones commanded more for some reason. Kinda how the 50's era shuffle alleys seem to hold less value then the ones from the 60/70's, at least what I've seen in my market. More inclined to order a new backglass for it now. Saved mine from a storage unit, just posted pic in "Show us your M & EM Gun & Submarine Games!"

2 weeks later
    #21 1 year ago

Here's a question for you, what do you think a fair price for a United's Bonus Gun is? non working, backglass appears to be in good condition, body artwork is okay, can see wood in several places where paint has flaked off, coin door has been replaced so missing artwork there, a crack in the body above coin door all the way up that panel, gun stock has damage, can see tape around the butt and around stock where it attaches to metal arm.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 2,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 14.95
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    € 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 199.99
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    £ 58.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 44.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 13.00
    $ 19.95
    $ 22.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside