Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I want to put three LCD Pins on location for a restaurant. What would be 3 that would be approachable and encourage a pinball culture in a area that is not pincentric. yet.

My picks would be

Munsters
Star Wars
Iron Maiden

thoughts?

#2 4 years ago

Star Wars, Guardians Of The Galaxy, and Dead pool.

#3 4 years ago

Good list of games. I would swap out Iron Maiden for Guardians of the Galaxy. If you are picking Stern pros I would also move away from Munsters (too similar to SW pro, bare, similar layout) and swap in a Dead Pool.

#4 4 years ago

Anything JJP has made is geared for family environment.

#5 4 years ago

Star Wars, Guardians, Wonka

#6 4 years ago

DP
SW
Wonka

#7 4 years ago

Guardians, a marvel theme and a good pro that both players and regular enjoy. Groot toy and multiball are easy to get.
Sw is a brutal game, short games but complex code, attracts people and get lots of coins...fast
Wonka would probably be the third.

Deadpool as another option, but a few families might not approve the humor and fight / mortal combat direction

#9 4 years ago

Star Wars
Guardians
Batman 66

#10 4 years ago

Guardians, Star Wars, WW, Batman 66

#11 4 years ago

Star Wars, Guardians Of The Galaxy, and Dead pool for location

to own
Star Wars, BM66, and Dead pool

#12 4 years ago

Munsters (prem or LE), BM66, Dead Pool

#13 4 years ago

I'd say JJP Woz should be on that list as well...

Jeff

#14 4 years ago

I know you said modern, but I highly recommend an older EM or early SS game in the lineup as well. I think their unique layout, cheap price, easy to understand rules, and overall slower speed are great for beginner players. Or split the difference and get a TNA.

#15 4 years ago

Dead Pool
Attack from Mars
Stern Simpsons, Iron Man or Star Trek Pro.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

Munsters
Star Wars
Iron Maiden

If Iron Maiden is considered family friendly then any lcd Stern is family friendly.

Aerosmith is an approachable game for non pinheads and the music is more universal.

#17 4 years ago

Spider-Man with ColorDMD
Iron Man with ColorDMD
AFM, MB or MM Remakes...those have LCDs.

There, 3 LCD games!

#18 4 years ago

Star Wars, great family theme but too brutal for noobs on location.

I'd go with:
Wonka (whatever the entry-level model is called)
Batman '66 premium
Beatles gold, if you can afford it (simple & fun for kids, grandma will fondly recall her lunchbox)

If those are too expensive, sub these in:
Munsters pro with a healthy ball save turned on (premium flipper buttons confusing, not worth the extra cost)
Guardians pro

#19 4 years ago

Curve ball pick: Jetsons! It's actually kinda fun.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Curve ball pick: Jetsons! It's actually kinda fun.

Not one kid knows what The Jetsons is in 2019, tho.

#21 4 years ago

If they can figure out what the hell a pokemon is they can learn to enjoy the Jetsons.

#22 4 years ago

On location?

Deadpool, Star Wars and GOTG

Not really close after those three. Get those and count your money.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

If they can figure out what the hell a pokemon is they can learn to enjoy the Jetsons.

The Jetsons weren't even that popular when *I* was a kid lol. If someone made a Pokemon pinball today, it would probably do insane on location....30-sometimes grew up with it and love it, and it's still relevant and new to to kids today.

#24 4 years ago

Yeah, apparently I'm officially old, because when Jack Danger posted that fake Pokemon pin, all the thirty-somethings I know lost their mind and I was like WTF.

#25 4 years ago

We don't operate JJP pins. When compared to Stern Pros they are a lot more money, generally do not earn more, and are generally less reliable.

The guys saying SW, GOTG and Deadpool are right on.

#26 4 years ago

What kind of restaurant are you putting pins in?

#27 4 years ago

My kids always go for Ghostbusters... they love it!

#28 4 years ago

Is Deadpool family friendly? This is an honest question, as I haven't played it much or even watched streams. I assumed it would not be family friendly based on the theme.

#29 4 years ago

Most kids know all about the Jetsons because they've been playing on Boomerang for years and years and are still playing. And Scooby-Doo, and Flintstones, and Loony Toons, and Smurfs, etc. I think Jetsons is a freaking perfect idea for a family friendly pin. Hell, even if a kid has never seen Jetsons it's still a big cool flashing machine with cartoon space people... like moths to a flame.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Hell, even if a kid has never seen Jetsons it's still a big cool flashing machine with cartoon space people... like moths to a flame.

This.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

My kids always go for Ghostbusters... they love it!

Reported for child abuse.

#32 4 years ago

Batman 66
Guardians
Deadpool

#33 4 years ago

If Deadpool counts as family-friendly, the list of non-family-friendly consists of... Rob Zombie? Aerosmith due to bouncing boob animations? Pretty short list no matter how you slice it.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Is Deadpool family friendly? This is an honest question, as I haven't played it much or even watched streams. I assumed it would not be family friendly based on the theme.

The Stern version is family friendly but I don't think Deadpool has great brand recognition for kids as it's a niche comic and the movie version is not family friendly. It does look like it would attract kids though.

#35 4 years ago

Deadpool & Ghostbusters with either Guardians of the Galaxy or Black Knight

#36 4 years ago

API has Houdini which is very family friendly. KISS is a family friendly rock pin and was a hit with my extend family munchkins when I owned it.

#37 4 years ago

I definitely recommend a few stern pros for location- Star Wars, Deadpool, guardians of the Galaxy. Get the pro for each. That way you have a classic theme in Star Wars, and a couple modern marvel themes that everyone knows. Ghostbusters will earn well, but it’s a hard pin for casual players

#38 4 years ago

For a restaurant where you see all age groups:
MB
AFM
MM
Back to LCD :
I would say SW but too complex and most folks would be turn off by its depth but it’s a universal theme it would grab attention.
Munsters is easy enough to grasp off the fly
and good for someone to sink into with its overall campy, comedy, horror theme.
Finally, DP might fit in good but something about the late 90’s SS above would be ideal.
Still with the dots but overall the themes you can’t beat.

Oh I think Wonka down the road would be good in this atmosphere.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

I would say SW but too complex and most folks would be turn off by its depth ...

I don't think most folks know anything aboot the complexity of any of the games to be honest.

#40 4 years ago

Casual fans will gravitate towards themes they recognize. Most modern pins are too advanced for the casual fan, but you can find a few with modern relevant themes that will keep them coming back

#41 4 years ago

BM66, DEADPOOL, GUARDIANS.

#42 4 years ago

Definitely agree with Guardians of the Galaxy...Groot makes it so awesome. Wizard of Oz is phenomenal. Hmmm, Deadpool is awesome, but Wonka is probably more family friendly, so I'm torn on my #3.

#43 4 years ago

My kids and their friends have loved our Aerosmith pro. Great multiballs, fun music, great colors and lights.

#44 4 years ago

BM66, Deadpool, DI

#45 4 years ago

If I found a good restaurant that would allow some pins or arcades I would not be concerned about placing a newer LCD title, but rather I would try and place machines that would earn more. The foot traffic at restaurants is minimal and if I placed machines I would go with a Stern Star Wars Premium, Gottlieb Super Mario Bros., and a Big Buck Hunter arcade.

3 weeks later
#46 4 years ago

Deadpool
Gotg
Sw

#47 4 years ago

Star Trek is awesome. Final Voyage pins are NIB now and available. There is a way to use G rated call outs if you need to, in the setup menu. No really bad words though. Amazing flow and addictive play. We only have one pin (right now), just bought it, and it is awesome. Five stars for sure. Our kids are 10, 14, 17 and they all like it--even the wife sort of likes it . Cheers!

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

Star Trek is awesome. Final Voyage pins are NIB now and available. There is a way to use G rated call outs if you need to, in the setup menu. No really bad words though. Amazing flow and addictive play. We only have one pin (right now), just bought it, and it is awesome. Five stars for sure. Our kids are 10, 14, 17 and they all like it--even the wife sort of likes it . Cheers!

OP's asking for LCD machines not dots.

#49 4 years ago

BM66
Beatles
GOTG

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Munsters (prem or LE), BM66, Dead Pool

Winner!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods
Plastics
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 210.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 28.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-3-modern-lcd-pins-that-would-be-good-for-a-family-friendly- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.