IMG_2065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2066 (resized).jpeg
20240313_195826 (resized).jpg
IMG_0071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0075 (resized).JPG
IMG_0084 (resized).JPG
IMG_0090 (resized).JPG
IMG_0083 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zartan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3371 2 years ago

I’ve been trying to find a Q-Bert near me.

2 months later
#3450 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Snagged this one for $1,000 - picking up on Monday
[quoted image]

Congratulations!

3 weeks later
#3502 2 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

Picked up a couple cocktails recently
[quoted image]

Two dream machines! There is a Centipede for sale on eBay but it is a pick up only NO SHIPPING! I’ll get one eventually?!

#3513 2 years ago

Still have to fully find out who Lamonsoff is! I’ve talked to someone about it before. He is named in almost every Sandler movie! I think you took the one in “Pixels”?!

Quoted from Lamonsoff:

I got into the hobby two years ago, and built up a collection of games, restored a bunch to factory new and sold a few to pay for the ones I kept. After trying a couple pins, I thought I’d dip my toe into ownership (yes, a terrible time to get started due to inflated prices). Anyway…I looked at all the ones that never get played, including my grail Street Fighter 2 World Warrior, and decided to sell to finance three pins. Here’s the latest pic of the arcade. Out of view is a Comet and a Joust, which are in the garage waiting for warmer weather so work can begin. [quoted image]

#3517 2 years ago

Yes, I agree! He was absolutely HILARIOUS!

Quoted from Lamonsoff:LOL….Ludlow Lamonsoff…..the wonder kid! This guy made me howl when I watched the Pixels movie. [quoted image]

#3523 2 years ago

I’m wondering if a Gottlieb Q*bert would work in an Atari cabinet? I just found a second cocktail machine (non functioning)for a cheap price and thinking about turning it into a Q*bert

#3525 2 years ago

Don’t have the board set yet. Trying to figure out if I should buy the second cabinet or not. Kind of assume that I’d be replacing most parts but not too sure.

Quoted from Pickle:A cabinet is just a cabinet. If you have the board set then sure you could. Would need a correct wiring harness and such but it could be done. I am not sure if all Q-Bert board sets supported cocktail cabs so could be a simple dipswitch setting or need the ROMs for a cocktail board set. Joysticks will have to adjusted for authentic game play but that should be easy to do.

#3528 2 years ago

Thank you!

Quoted from qbass187:Your best bet would be wiring it for Jamma and getting a JROK mylstarFPGA board (aka multi Q*bert) Wiring for a
Gottlieb board in a random cocktail would be a nightmare!
They’re out of stock right now but if you message Steven at arcade shop he’ll let you know when they’re back in.
https://www.arcadeshop.com/i/1060/mylstar-jamma-pcb.htm

#3530 2 years ago

I just went to look at it. The top isn’t the same as the one I just ordered. It has buttons on the top rather than the sides. It is also basically just a box with wood laminate on it that has definitely seen better days. I don’t want that big of a project that will end up not the same as I want.
I think I’m going to find one elsewhere. There is another one built as a multicade on the west coast that I might try to get. They have 2 for sale on Kijiji.

Quoted from qbass187:Your best bet would be wiring it for Jamma and getting a JROK mylstarFPGA board (aka multi Q*bert) Wiring for a
Gottlieb board in a random cocktail would be a nightmare!
They’re out of stock right now but if you message Steven at arcade shop he’ll let you know when they’re back in.
https://www.arcadeshop.com/i/1060/mylstar-jamma-pcb.htm

4 months later
#3614 1 year ago

Tutankham? Xevious?

#3616 1 year ago

I can only think of Popeye that is blue, without cheating with the internet! Lol

#3626 1 year ago

Congratulations!
I love that spy hunter!

Quoted from Junkhauler:Did a 600 mile round trip and picked up this Race Drivin Cockpit.....
What a pain to move!!!!
Took 3 movers to get it out of the guys sunroom at the back of the house.....
It's in great shape and works 100%....
I'm super fired up to link it to my upright R.D.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#3634 1 year ago

Very nice! Congratulations!

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:Kozmik Krooz’r has arrived! Been giving it the once over today. This thing is 100% original.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#3637 1 year ago

I don’t have the game but I just watched a few videos and it looks like it’s supposed to turn?

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:Thanks - I love the Midway MCR games. Some of the best arcades ever made in my opinion. Kozmik Krooz'r is a little more of a novelty but still pretty fun. Does anybody have one of these things? Is the ship turning if the game is on? Mine does and it seems like the few others I've found on the web do as well even when the game is sitting idle. Seems odd to me but I guess it just goes with the game.

1 week later
#3659 1 year ago

I love the Wild West arcade!

2 weeks later
#3665 1 year ago

I was going to purchase this on eBay. He doesn’t know why it stopped working. I decided not to buy after noticing what’s in the background and where it normally sits. Such a shame to see a great game get wrecked by its owner.

19C0F3A7-A550-444B-A03E-0B478003F302 (resized).png19C0F3A7-A550-444B-A03E-0B478003F302 (resized).png
#3667 1 year ago
F4BD638F-C452-41CF-9355-F578F8B54078 (resized).pngF4BD638F-C452-41CF-9355-F578F8B54078 (resized).png
#3671 1 year ago

I only have 2

Donkey Kong/ Mario bros.
Cocktail Millipede

Looking for

Paperboy
Vs The Goonies
Q bert
Fix it Felix jr
Maybe GI. Joe

1 month later
#3732 1 year ago

Congratulations!

Quoted from Foo:Joining your arcade club!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

2 weeks later
#3739 1 year ago

Does anyone know anyone who can fix Pole Position boards.I also want to find a good racing mame so I can play mariocart on it!

#3741 1 year ago

Thank you!

Quoted from Mrbill:You might want to consider this pi replacement. Fixing pp pcb is not easy fix.
https://www.arcadeshop.com/i/1758/pi-position-multigame-kit.htm

1 month later
#3780 1 year ago

Not mine. Just remember someone was looking for a Star Wars.
STAR WARS &TEMPEST VINTAGE ARCADE COIN OP GAME MACHINE BY ATARI on Kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/st-catharines/star-wars-tempest-vintage-arcade-coin-op-game-machine-by-atari/1637895797?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

1 week later
#3783 1 year ago

Very nice work!

2 weeks later
#3791 1 year ago

Lol! When I get one I plan on using his initials! Can’t stand ya! Lol

1 month later
#3845 1 year ago

I just can’t get enough of these games! I know it’s because they are a piece of my youth. I still remember the feeling of actually beating my friends on Toobin, or getting to see a level on Donkey Kong for the first time that no one around has seen! I remember spending an hour a day collecting pop bottles from around the neighborhood so I could get the $0.25 deposits to play whatever game was at the corner store. Taking my allowance for cutting the grass, taking out the garbage helping the neighbors, then using my skateboard to get downtown so I could play at “Fast Eddies”, On my parents bowling league nights, I would beg to go so I could play whatever they had there at the time. I wish my kids had the same thing we did.

1 week later
#3872 1 year ago

Has anyone scratch built an arcade (Paperboy)? I want to try but I don’t want to spend more on homemade than actually purchasing a used one.

#3877 1 year ago

I’ll find a used one. I think shipping alone would kill me for parts, let alone the search. I contacted the guy on KLOV, so Thank you! I dislike KLOV there are a lot of people here on Pinside that are A$$holes, but so far KLOV has had way more than Pinside.

#3881 1 year ago

Yes! You and I had that conversation about your Toobin! I only want a few dedicated cabinets, the rest can be multicades. I really want the games I played as a kid to be dedicated, QBert, Paperboy, and Toobin. I already have the cocktail version of Millipede and working on my pole position 2. I do think KLOV would be better if it were run similarly to Pinside. I think that more of us are buying repairing and fixing both pins and arcades for our arcade rooms than not, on both sites. I think the purists are the only issue on both forums!

Quoted from Blake:Funny I was just having this conversation with another Pinside member last week. I feel the opposite for the most part. Regardless, ignore the assholes. Its a valuable source of technical information and its members have a wealth of knowledge to offer for FREE. I have found no equal in regards to video arcade machines. I tell people on KLOV the exact same thing when they are searching for advice on pins. Pinside and KLOV do not have enough crossover to warrant utilizing just one site if you fix, buy or operate both vids/pins.

#3882 1 year ago

I think I’m going to wait for the right machine. I have enough feelers out that one of my machines will show up!

Quoted from Coindork:

The other option is to be on the lookout for a Championship Sprint, which is the same cabinet.

#3888 1 year ago

I remember spending hours collecting pop bottles around the neighbourhood to get the $.25 deposit back for them to play these games! It was absolutely worth the time! The point that it might just be a boat anchor is very valid though, because something I loved as a kid might not have the same level of fun as an adult, however we do own the handheld Paperboy and it gets new batteries almost weekly. Toobin however I haven’t really played since they removed it from the corner store. I really should give it some play time before I jump in both feet! If Blake lived closer I think I would have to drop by with some bourbon!

Quoted from snyper2099:Have you ever owned one? My wild guess is if you do track one down, you will have it less than a year and be like... "Why do I own this $5K boat anchor that is always breaking down?" Once you play through the game a few times, the replay value is close to 0.0. This is also known as "Marble Madness syndrome".
The bigger challenge is to come up with a great arcade game with tons of replay value that you still own after 20 years.

#3889 1 year ago

AGREED! I still remember the cigarette machines at the bowling alley!!!

Quoted from Blake:I have a hard time saying bye to most machines I purchase. Large or small. Paperboy and other unique control scheme games will always be sought out by collectors as they just can't be replicated. Lack of space is certainly a problem. But lets be honest, a pin takes up far more space than Paperboy. I'm the type that would buy an antique cigarette vending cabinet with mahogany sides and mirrored front to restore and display and I don't smoke. I'd fix up a kiddie ride to put in my front yard. I'll restore an old soda machine even though I have a fridge. It's all perspective. And Paperboy is one cool as game when played in the right perspective.

#3890 1 year ago

I think the main reason I started collecting Arcades and Pins is the nostalgia! Well honestly COVID… no vacation and no fun makes Jeff a dull boy.

Quoted from Aurich:

This is why I don't chase nostalgia, just authentic experiences that feel good. I didn't grow up with candy cabs, but they're so much more comfortable than the stand up woodies of my youth, easier to swap games on, better controls, etc. Still have CRTs and original PCBs and everything plays like it should. That's ultimately what matters to me.
Dedicated cabs look awesome, I love seeing them, but owning them is just a huge space suck that I don't have room for. If I had a warehouse museum or something that would be different, but it's just a little garage, everything has to earn the square footage it takes up.
We play fighting games because they don't get old. Always room for self improvement, always something new when playing another human being instead of a CPU that never changes.
But if you have the room to line up a bunch of classics? Live the dream even if you just like walking past them all turned on.

#3892 1 year ago

I think that statement fits almost every person who buys! I have only ever sold one game that didn’t get played regularly Centigrade 37. The rest of the machines I play or have played! The statement that I buy for nostalgia stands! I keep for enjoyment!

Quoted from Aurich:

Hey, whatever works for you, it's always personal. I collect to play. I have 8 candy cabs because I host a weekly night for players, they get used, and I enjoy playing and sharing them.
If I stopped playing fighting games, or my players stopped coming to play them, I'd sell it all. Just looking at them, or owning them, isn't really enough for me.

#3903 1 year ago

Everyone has their own opinions on EVERYTHING! That is why we each have our own distinct collections! I found a Baby-Pac Man in Niagara Falls! I might give it a try!?

#3905 1 year ago

I think a little of both!

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:I like pretty much all solid state pinball, but I find only early 80s arcade games appealing. It might have something to do with my age, or it might be because they are the best games ever.

#3920 1 year ago

I transport mine laying down. I pull the board set out when I pick them up. I would think that the only issue would be the monitor?

2 weeks later
#3991 1 year ago

Finally have Toobin! Thanks to Crispy77 & @bmhouze! 9 hours round trip! When he gets Robotron going I’ll have to do the trip again!

06F1692C-4B5D-4707-B950-B0388B788764 (resized).jpeg06F1692C-4B5D-4707-B950-B0388B788764 (resized).jpeg31157399-C2F3-4B81-B841-2893A75445EA (resized).jpeg31157399-C2F3-4B81-B841-2893A75445EA (resized).jpegDD2C76A6-62FB-4F00-AC02-FD0A0C8B9A4E (resized).jpegDD2C76A6-62FB-4F00-AC02-FD0A0C8B9A4E (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#4000 1 year ago

There is an asteroids cocktail for sale 5 hours from me. Good price, can’t decide if I should go get it. After the gas and food for the day it might not be worth it. Don’t see too many near me though.

#4006 1 year ago

Not looking to flip. I’ve told him I’ll buy it. Gives my daughter and I a day out together. Plus it is another machine in my room. The only problem is now the arcades with out number my Pins.

Quoted from Mrbill:

if your buying to flip it, then no. If its not working, I would say no. if you prefer to have an upright, then I would also say no. if you like the game, maybe. If you think you will end up selling it off in a few years, then I would pass on the cocktail.
I would guess a cocktail is worth maybe $1k +-$250 depending on how nice the topglass is. I dont think it will appreciate much and will be harder to sell than an upright.
the braze kit is cool. but the best part of asteroids deluxe is the blacklight effects. I would say get and AD UR and get the best of asteroids on your AD. but only if you dont plan on selling it. AD is far less desirable than asteroids.

I will probably just leave it original the only changes I’ll make are black powder coat and blue T-moulding.

Quoted from Robotworkshop:

That is a classic machine! I had a couple that I sold and regretted it. Found another that is a keeper. The Braze multugame upgrade isn't too bad. Just need to buy a Pokey chip with it. When installed you get Asteroids Deluxe and Lunar Lander.
The emulations don't do the game justice and you really need to play it on the vector monitor.

#4019 1 year ago

Absolutely agree! These are Big Toys not investments!

I’ve never been to a concert! I’ve been to a few comedy shows.

Quoted from ExSquid:

The only thing I consider investments in my life are my House and Mutual Funds. If I worried about $$ and fun, I would never do anything and I never would have spent 650$ to see The Police reunion tour back in 2007.

#4021 1 year ago

There is one on Kijiji Ontario. He has a Tempest and Star Wars.

#4063 1 year ago

Wow! That’s awesome! Congratulations!

Quoted from Gman3:I’m a pinhead at heart but this thing will be not be leaving for a very long time …
Insane 30 hr road trip and barely fit through doors of our house lol
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

2 months later
#4090 11 months ago

Look on KLOV.

2 weeks later
#4119 11 months ago

Wow! Nice collection!

Quoted from JWE:Just added Bubbles and Joust to the Williams line up.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

1 week later
#4149 10 months ago

I’m sure you can pick one up but not at the prices offered in the 90’s! haha!

Quoted from stavio:

Oh man! Enduro racer under 1800 and Ice Cold Beer under 300... I need a time machine

2 weeks later
#4191 10 months ago

I concur!

#4202 10 months ago

I have always wanted a Porsche. I’m 48 years old 6’2 250, I was filling the gas tank of my truck when a Porsche pulled up into the gas station. The guy got out of the car and I saw how stupid he looked and almost thanked him for making me realize I don’t actually want a Porsche anymore.

Quoted from pinmister:Looks fantastic. I love driving the small regular cabs for some reason. I am 6' 2" 240lbs and I still would rather drive a small Toyota than a big King Ranch Ford-go figure? Looking for one with under 120k is like trying to find a unicorn. Sweet pinball/arcade hauler-I am jelly

#4211 10 months ago

I want to turn my “pole position” into a “Mario cart”. I also wanted to do a dedicated “paperboy” I don’t have the time or patience to do either.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Anyone else build their own arcade machines?
[quoted image]

1 week later
#4234 9 months ago

Wow! Congratulations! Very nice collection as well!

#4239 9 months ago

THIS!!!

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

KLOV is the correct answer but it sucks in comparison. Pinside is well oiled machine. KLOV feels like a bunch of smaller arcade forums held together with baling wire. You're probably better off asking your questions here.

2 weeks later
1 month later
#4311 7 months ago

Congratulations! Original numbered?

2 months later
#4401 4 months ago

That’s pretty awesome!

Quoted from grantopia:Been looking for a cabaret for a bit after selling my upright years ago and found one local recently. Excited to have it back and have our two favorite arcades next to each other again in mini form!
[quoted image][quoted image]

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zartan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-arcade-games-do-you-own?tu=zartan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.