IMG_2065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2066 (resized).jpeg
20240313_195826 (resized).jpg
IMG_0071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0075 (resized).JPG
IMG_0084 (resized).JPG
IMG_0090 (resized).JPG
IMG_0083 (resized).JPG
unico-usa-posts-updated-pictures-of-the-nova-blast-candy-v0-vkeee6q8fr5c1 (resized).jpg
IMG_1269.jpg
image000003 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sbmania.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3147 3 years ago

Looking for a Crazy Climber. Closer to Phila, Pa the better to avoid shipping if at all possible. Can do cash, trades, etc.

7 months later
#3353 2 years ago

Anybody in the Phila, pa area knows how to fix Taito Crazy Climber? I just picked one up which coins up and plays but the monitor only displays a blue screen with scrolling vertical and diagonal lines. No signs of game characters or buildings. Not sure if it is the game MPU or monitor. Any help?

#3360 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

sounds like a sync problem.
what monitor do you have? open the door and take a pic of the monitor chassis.
if you have a k4600, the cards could be loose daughter cards and cold solder joint. 4900 could be cold solder joint. G07 same.
do you have any skills to look at it?
The wires could be loose in the molex.
edge connector could be dirty.
if you have another video game or monitor close by, maybe plug the CC to another game.

Thanks for the advice. Its a wg 4600. I repinned both ends of the RGB cable and reseated both vertical cards on the monitor chassis to no effect. I used a cheap flat screen adapter board to connect the CC to a flat screen and got a similar blue scrambled screen, so I'm thinking the problem might be on the CPU and not the monitor. Any thoughts?

#3361 2 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

Thanks for the advice. Its a wg 4600. I repinned both ends of the RGB cable and reseated both vertical cards on the monitor chassis to no effect. I used a cheap flat screen adapter board to connect the CC to a flat screen and got a similar blue scrambled screen, so I'm thinking the problem might be on the CPU and not the monitor. Any thoughts?

Found the problem. The guy I bought it from recapped the monitor before I got it, tested the monitor on the bench, and reinstalled it in the game with the rgb -sync-ground plug on upside down. (There was no key on the connector so it could go either way.) As he and I talked through the problem, we both realized that the plug was upside down when we saw red going straight to ground and sync going to green....Saw if by looking at where the pins went on the reverse side of the board. When we say the red wire going to ground, it became obvious what was wrong. Just glad the connector didn't take something out on the monitor or cpu!

3 months later
#3448 2 years ago

Zombie Raid. Heaviest game I've ever moved in my life. Never again!!

3 months later
#3563 1 year ago

Anybody got anything for sale for a Taito Crazy Climber upright? I could use a new CPO, new monitor bezel, and a spare board set. Also either new side art or I will have to touch up the original. Going to Allentown if that helps!

2 weeks later
#3598 1 year ago

I put a post on KLOV but thought I'd put one here looking for technical assistance from some Pinside experts. I have a Taito Crazy Climber with a weird sound problem. At the top of building one, as the Climber approaches the roof, you hear the helicopter approaching. If the Climber grabs hold of the helicopter, he shouts "Look Out" and a tune plays.

However on the second and third buildings, as he approaches the roof, you hear the helicopter, but if the Climber grabs on, he doesn't shout "Look Out" and while the correct tune plays, it plays at 2x or 3x speed. All other speech and sounds are correct throughout the game. Anyone have an idea where to look for the problem?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sbmania.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-arcade-games-do-you-own?tu=sbmania and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.