20240401_120541.jpg
20240401_120549.jpg
Screenshot_20240402_133139_Facebook.jpg
IMG_2065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2066 (resized).jpeg
20240313_195826 (resized).jpg
IMG_0071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0075 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballsmith.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 9 years ago

Currently the only thing I have that works is a Space Invaders (the Japanese upright version). I have about a dozen project games in storage and a Disney-made Fix-it Felix Jr. machine, but that's not technically a real arcade game.

#78 9 years ago

Forgot to post this. Space Invaders was rebuilt since the photo was taken and is finally functional. I ended up rebuilding the power supply twice during the process. I'm still looking for a coin door that hasn't been yanked apart with a crowbar.

007.jpg007.jpg

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that is a weird ass looking jukebox.

I mainly only got it because of the Tron Legacy movie... and yes, it plays Separate Ways.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Sure just like a video game. Once you get through it, now what..... But, it is still a blast to play even if you know the moves. Following it will be Space Ace. I have a Tron, Disc of Tron and Environmental Disc of Tron coming as well.

If you get through it. Dragon's Lair isn't exactly the easiest game to make it all the way to the end. It's in the top five games I like that also frustrate the hell out of me.

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Ok let's spice the thread up a little....
A game that nobody has in there collection...
I'll start.......Major Havoc....(not Tempest conversion)

I admit defeat.

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from phuping:

I'm extremely jealous of what I see in people's collections here. I've been on the look out for a number of arcade machines and have dealt with Craigslist with pretty negative results (more damage than advertised to downright not working). I'm not looking for a bargain, just a "fair" price (I know, I know - this is relative). To state that in a more correct manner, I am willing to pay for quality machines.
Hopefully this isn't too off topic, but where are people finding their arcade games? Good resources I can check (beyond CL and eBay)?
Thanks!

I always start with the KLOV arcade forums before I try using Craigslist.

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Environmental Discs of Tron

Why do I not have one of these yet?!

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

No worries, I found one today!
Now in the Zippycade
Cheyenne with the Collex'n multi exidy shooter kit and new side art ready to install.

cheyenne.jpg 126 KB

I love those rare moments when games you want just show up on cue. Remember to post pictures when the sideart is installed.

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Will do! Looks like the cab will need some work beforehand, new (Black) T-Molding, and a new Control panel overlay. Plus the usual clean up and perhaps a monitor re-cap. She plays nice tho.

Sounds good. I wish getting a widebody Mario Bros. happened like this. I'm on my sixth month of searching...

#219 9 years ago

One of the things I love about PACMAN's games are that they'll probably be around until the sun blows up. He did a great job with them.

#324 9 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

What, no Polybius?

I remember seeing that back in the day. It was right next to Space Paranoids.

1 month later
#395 9 years ago
Quoted from VegasMike:

I have an original Donkey Kong cabinet that has a 8-in-1 jamma board in it, and i salvaged a Champion Baseball that I turned into a Joust cabinet that plays 19-in-1.
My latest project is salvaging this original Mario Bros. widebody. I plan on putting a Raspberry Pi MAME unit that plays some arcade favorites as well as all NES games.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-657.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I've been looking for a widebody Mario Bros. cabinet for what seems like an eternity. I'm glad someone ran into one. Wish it was me though...

#442 9 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Just finished this one. Radical Radial

IMG_7348.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_7491.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_7492.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Is that new T-molding?!

#457 9 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

The plan is to open a museum but we'll see. I've had a few groups come through from Cub Scouts, noisy teenagers and old farts like us It was hard at first seeing the games getting beat up by kids but I knew they wouldn't stay perfect forever so I just took a deep breath and watched their faces light up in amazement. At least I know they'll never get cigarette burns again.

...Even my Fix-it Felix has cigarette burns. That just goes to show you how common that stuff is if prop builders decided to incorporate it for authenticity.

4 weeks later
#505 8 years ago

I want a Slither. It's probably the hardest to find game on my list along with M-4.

#517 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Thanks Chris! How many Slithers do you think are still left?
I know of about 3.

I really hope more surface. I wake up every morning searching online for games on my list and always start with Slither.

#519 8 years ago

Do you powdercoat your own stuff PACMAN? What's your setup like?

#529 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

i know that there is a socal klover that owns a slither. whats cool about it is that it was filmed in the tron legacy arcade scene in the film.
love that COMBAT sideart right there. beautiful man. im so used to always seeing cheyennes and crossbows. nice to see a different exidy gun game make a appearance

I would love to get my hands on all of the cabs from that auction. I'm surprised it slipped past me as I'm usually on top of prop auctions in that area for my other hobby.

#542 8 years ago

You stenciled and painted that Slither, PACMAN? I'm still curious what paint you use. Those stencil jobs always come out perfect.

#562 8 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Dan, I really wish I could give you an exact answer.
I can't imagine too many are still left. I started acquiring parts way before I found a converted cab. I was really lucky and found a working boardset from an op (which you know is a pain in the ass).
I was part of the bidding war on Ebay sometime back for Slither - I think it went almost to 2k???? There was another one Lloyd had Coinop that sold quick.
I'm probably one of the few that prefer Slither over Centipede!

Almost 2K? I have more than that put away for one.

1 week later
#572 8 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Dan, did you ever scan the sideart on yours?
Unfortunately the cab I got was painted over with a oil-based paint. Which is probably the worst for stripping.

I was going to ask the same question. I expect it would be easier to find a complete game rather than a working boardset. If that's the case, I would be interested in the artwork.

#591 8 years ago

You really need to share some of this Photoshop voodoo of yours. What I'm doing is simple compared to this and it's driving me nuts.

#597 8 years ago

I'm trading my Felix machine for a few gems I've been looking for. One of the games is a mint Missile Command with only 300 plays on the counter. The trade also involves games like Q-bert, so I'm more than happy. I'll post pictures once we start moving things.

#599 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Wow 300 play Missile Command? That's got to be beautiful.

I've never seen a Missile Command with a cleaner original control panel.

#603 8 years ago
Quoted from joemagiera:

Mint Missile Command with less than 300 plays! My all time favorite game. When it comes time to sell or trade it for you, please give me a chance for it.
Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
[email protected]

This is the only picture I have of it (wish I had a picture showing the sides). I still need to pick it up along with the other games being traded.

image1.JPGimage1.JPG

2 weeks later
#611 8 years ago

Just picked up an $80 Pole Position that actually works. I'm going your route PACMAN and doing a full restore with a new cabinet and monitor. I already completely rewired the game to use a switching power supply. I won't need the large transformer block either. The monitor I have doesn't need an isolation transformer. I'll post pictures of my progress later on when I clean things up some.

#615 8 years ago

I could use a NOS shifter... The shifter on my game looks like someone was carving it with a knife. I thought about powdercoating things too, but I'm starting to prefer epoxy primer for anything black.

3 weeks later
#651 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Almost done with Frisky Tom
.IMG_0861.jpg IMG_0860.jpg IMG_0543.jpg IMG_0542.jpg

That came out fantastic. You really need to share some of your color correction secrets with us.

3 weeks later
#656 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

WARRIOR2.jpg WARRIOR1.jpg
one of my rows. there are some serious collectors here!

A dedicated Major Havoc and Quantum within two feet of one another... NICE!!!

3 weeks later
#692 8 years ago

This is what I'm currently working on at the moment out of about a dozen other projects. This version of Space Invaders is pretty rare in the States. I'm still trying to find a working replacement boardset. I know some had Midway boards with a custom finger board attached, but I'm trying to stay original to the Taito boardset this cab came with.

IMG_0006.jpgIMG_0006.jpg

3 weeks later
#714 8 years ago

Just put money down on a Midway M4. It should be here sometime next week if things go well.
M43.jpgM43.jpg
I also just snagged a $50 Breakout from a friend's coworker.

2 weeks later
#750 8 years ago

Brought a Midway M-4 in two days ago. Still trying to get it to work, but I narrowed it down to 3 faulty diodes on the power supply board. I'll probably just swap in a working Space Invaders power supply as they use the same model.

IMG_0113.jpgIMG_0113.jpg

3 weeks later
#807 8 years ago

I picked this up a while ago. It's the same model Seeburg used in Tron Legacy. I've been trying to collect a lot of the titles used in that movie and have been making good progress. Still can't source a EDOT and Slither though...

Jukebox.jpgJukebox.jpg

#813 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Slither is super tough to find

I did find one, but the owner wants to repair some issues with it first when he gets around to it. I offered a good price for it, but when I actually bring it in is up in the air at the moment.

2 weeks later
#902 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Well after mangling my back playing paintball with my Boy Scout troop 2 months ago I'm finally back to restoring games.
Here's one that's not too common... Atari Fast Freddie.
image.jpg image.jpg

I didn't know you were involved with Scouts. I'm a proud Eagle Scout myself. I've been meaning to get back into it to help out my local troop.

2 weeks later
#934 8 years ago

I might finally be getting a Slither as part of a trade. The thing needs work, but I'm no stranger to bringing something back to life.

2 weeks later
#952 8 years ago

I've been finalizing trade details to finally bring a Slither into the collection. It's complete and solid, but the sides need to be repainted badly. I worked an Elevator Action (brown Taito cab conversion) into the mix as well. It's going to be a good Christmas this year.

#954 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

pinball smith, get that slither very rare and decent gameplay!

I most certainly will. It's beat to hell and the boards might need to be serviced, but it's complete. A good candidate for my winter restore project.

#959 8 years ago

Trade is finalized and should be taking place sometime next week if our schedules are clear. I also wanted to mention that Rich from This Old Game satisfied my request to bring Slither stencils to the market. They're missing the GDI logo because that was sticker applied over the artwork. Other than the sticker, which is being worked on at the moment, you can find the stencils here:

http://www.thisoldgame.com/products/slither-stencil-set

3 weeks later
#1038 8 years ago

Slither worked it's way into the house, but the sides need to be refinished. It should be a fun winter project.

IMG_0156_(resized).JPGIMG_0156_(resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#1067 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Thanks! Currently i'm only restoring games in my collection. I may restore games for others later but i'm not sure i'm going to go that route yet.

How many games do you work on at a time? You seem to be pumping them out at a pretty steady pace.

1 week later
#1072 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Slither was a humongous pain in the ass.
Original cabinet. Made new stencils, color matched, painted and clear coated.
Was missing PCB, had to track one down and get it working.
Had to rebuild the power supply.
Build a new wiring harness.
Touch up the bezel glass.
Luckily the CPO is original and nearly flawless, a little Krud Kutter and it came out super clean.
Powder coated the coin door and brackets.
New buttons, new 2 1/4 trac ball, new monitor, new speakers, new t-molding, new locks keys….
IMG_7806.jpg
IMG_7807.jpg
IMG_7808.jpg
IMG_7811.JPG
IMG_7812.JPG
IMG_7813.jpg
IMG_7814.jpg
IMG_7815.jpg

Did you laminate the front of the cabinet by any chance? I've been debating laminating the front of mine for durability reasons.

1 month later
#1104 8 years ago

Still waiting on warmer weather to get the two end games finished with...

IMG_0163_(resized).JPGIMG_0163_(resized).JPG

2 months later
#1126 7 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

What's a Burgertime worth? It's in good shape & plays 100%. I'm trying to buy a pinball/arcade package deal.

Not too sure, but a beat to hell one just sold on eBay in my area for $1,500. If it's a package deal, you should expect it to be more reasonable than that one was.

1 month later
#1145 7 years ago

I managed to track down most of the titles I need for a specific setup I'm doing. I still need to locate a decent Thief that isn't completely trashed.

1 week later
#1155 7 years ago

Has anyone ever played a Haunted/Panic Museum or even seen one? I've been trying to find one forever.

6 months later
#1309 7 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Depends on your location but they are 400 or so all day in Cleveland as they always seem to be available.

I had one for sale with the proper coin door, an extra boardset, and a spare monitor for $600. Every email I received had offers well below $400. Asteroids, although a classic, is just one of those oddballs that is basically worthless. I agree they are quite abundant, but I thought even the spare parts would of slightly elevated the price...

#1321 7 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

If the extra monitor is working that's not too bad of a deal actually. The issues with this game (at least around here) seem to be that they always seem to be available and people tend to prefer Asteroids Deluxe anyway. The other issue is that being a vector game, if you end up with a tough board issue, they can be a pain in the ass to diagnose and work on with just the basic tools most people have around.

Everything worked and I even demonstrated so to one potential buyer who than proceeded to hand me $200 and call the deal done. Some people in this hobby are really something else...

3 weeks later
#1443 7 years ago

The current setup of things that work. I'll be putting an Elevator Action and Zookeeper back together within the next month or two. That should make a small dent in the number of other projects I've had in storage for well over a year now.

IMG_0588 (resized).JPGIMG_0588 (resized).JPG

#1451 7 years ago

I'm currently looking for an over under Wico coin door frame with the bottom door still attached. This is for the Slither cabinet I'm trying to finish. I already have the top Wico door with the GDI logo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 months later
#1645 6 years ago

As for the piece of plexi, it's the lower right corner of a Qbert bezel.

1 week later
#1674 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

New art is a little better

When you get your website up and running, I would seriously give some thought on getting web courses set up on how you do some of this stuff.

4 months later
#1807 6 years ago

Maybe I'll find a Defender for sale near Philly this year...

2 months later
#2033 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Getting ready to organize the horde in the garage. See any favorites?

More than I could ever dream of fitting in mine...

4 months later
#2191 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Turned it into this...[quoted image][quoted image]

The number of games you've completed this year adds up to more than the number of weeks I've been procrastinating with mine.

2 months later
#2257 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Got 3 kinda rare games up on Ebay right now.
ebay.com link
[quoted image]

Wow... I remember following the posts documenting the Nibbler project. I hope it goes for good money after all that hard work. It's the worst time of the year for me to lay that kind of cash down, but I would if I could.

9 months later
#2578 4 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

Yours seems to have extra buttons. How come?

I think Magic Sword was sold as a kit. Your game looks like a Taito cabinet conversion.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballsmith.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-arcade-games-do-you-own?tu=pinballsmith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.