IMG_2065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2066 (resized).jpeg
20240313_195826 (resized).jpg
IMG_0071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0075 (resized).JPG
IMG_0084 (resized).JPG
IMG_0090 (resized).JPG
IMG_0083 (resized).JPG
unico-usa-posts-updated-pictures-of-the-nova-blast-candy-v0-vkeee6q8fr5c1 (resized).jpg
IMG_1269.jpg
image000003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4283 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9951 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
satan's Hollow (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1730 6 years ago

Wish I had room and money for more, but right now I'm limited to a Buck Hunter World and Ms. PacMAME. I kept all of the original parts unharmed so I could always restore it back to original. With more room I'd like to have a Tapper, Track & Field, Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Super Off Road, Ms. Pacman, Frogger, and NBA Jam.

1 month later
#1770 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Nice! Did you go with the standard setup ~10k games or did you do the full upgrade to 50k+ games? Also, did you get the system switcher? It is awesome playing PS4 on the game gate!

Seems like overkill either way. I've been trying to to cap my most recent build at 500 games. I feel having so many games makes them non-apprrochable for guests.

#1836 6 years ago

No one has a MAME machine cares about perfect emulation. They (we) are that we can fit 100s or 1000s of games into a single cabinet. For me video emulation is well beyond pinball emulation, so when it comes to filling an arcade it's a no brainier to fill most spots with pinball and then add a MAME machine. PS: My wife is insanely good at Track & Field. I play quite a bit and she crushed most of my records on her first try.

#1874 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Are there many four player games/is it worth the extra$ to get a game made for four players?

The most popular 4-player games are your beat'em ups and sports titles. I think there are plenty of good games to justify the extra cost. Having said that, the vast majority of my builds have been 2-player. I love playing with a larger group, but there just weren't that many opportunities. It's just rare to have four people gathered around a machine. If money and space were not an option, I'd have a 2-player machine (6 button), 2-player machine (4 button), and 4-player machine (3 button).

3 weeks later
#1938 6 years ago

If it's a PC it sure could have console emulators. Personally, I think the other console emulators on an arcade are overrated. I built mine with them, but they are all disabled. With few exceptions, console games don't feel great with an arcade stick. If you want something to emulate console games, I'd recommend spending the extra $50 and pickup a raspberry pi and controllers. I also went though and deleted 75% of the arcade roms. I feel like these guys with 4000+ arcade games have a lot of bad games. My build is currently sitting just under 500 games.

I'd also say with controls, sometimes less is more. Most people first starting out want everything. It just becomes overly complex, especially for guests. Do you really need a spinner, trackball, wheel, flight stick, etc. Yes, they are fun every now and then, but for the most part a good 2-player, 6-button layout is going to be all you need.

My number one suggestion with buying them, is to not overpay. These things homemade builds are a dime a dozen. In most cases they are an empty cabinet ($50), cheap pc or raspberry pi ($50), input device ($50), monitor ($50+), and controls ($50+). There are exceptions, but for the most part that's the basics. When looking what to pay, I'd look at how well put together it is. If it's some guy slapping it together it's worth it's value in parts. If it's well made then perhaps it's worth it to you to not have to do the work yourself.

#1939 6 years ago

Here is a rambling tour of my MAME build:

4 years later
#3672 1 year ago

Had a shed find...Atari Assault. I also have two other games being delivered in a week or two. I don't know much about working on arcades, so of anyone is interested in taking on a project I'd probably be willing to let her go pretty cheap. It does look like a fun game from what I've seen online. It looks to me like the voltage transformer and AC filter are pretty roached.
20220806_135756 (resized).jpg20220806_135756 (resized).jpg20220806_135810 (resized).jpg20220806_135810 (resized).jpg20220806_135816 (resized).jpg20220806_135816 (resized).jpg20220806_145134 (resized).jpg20220806_145134 (resized).jpg

#3675 1 year ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Oh it's defiantly a fun game! But it would play a lot better with the correct joysticks though.
[quoted image]

Yeah, perhaps, if I get it working that will be an upgrade. I believe I read they are pretty rare.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-arcade-games-do-you-own?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.