20240401_120541.jpg
20240401_120549.jpg
Screenshot_20240402_133139_Facebook.jpg
IMG_2065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2066 (resized).jpeg
20240313_195826 (resized).jpg
IMG_0071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0075 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider girloveswaffles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 9 years ago

I have two projects right now:

A Jatre Specter table that needs some monitor work, and an empty Stern Tutankham that's probably going to be a 60 in one when I'm done with it.

#316 9 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

what I'm surprised is that with 6 pages of arcade games, no one owns a gottlieb reactor? awesome attract mode music.

Seven pages and no mention of Gottliebs Exterminator?

#330 9 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

What, no Polybius?

Quoted from pinballsmith:

I remember seeing that back in the day. It was right next to Space Paranoids.

I remember seeing one on some T.V. show. There was a Triangle Wars next to it.

#331 9 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I've got a few beat em up jamma boards like...
X-Men
Caddies and Dinos
Captain Commando
and...
The Punisher!
X-Men and Punisher will likely go in a Comic shop this year.

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs. A game I've seen maybe once (and I don't remember where). I'd like to see it again somewhere.

1 month later
#383 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Just lined up a deal for a Marble Madness! Woohoo!!
Deal is so solid that I have already ordered a control panel overlay and new System 1 side art!
Chris

Show us pics when you're done putting the new artwork on.

1 month later
#523 8 years ago

So I just saw a story about this on KCAL ( in Los Angeles:

http://neonretroarcade.com/

Classic Arcades and Pins (and a few newer pins too!).

#527 8 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I only have one, but it gets a lot of play!
IMG_0597.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
More non-phoenixed games for the Capcom purists...
IMG_0685.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Ah yes, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo!

#532 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Anybody know what this is?
IMG_4556.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Looks familiar. I see that it has a Seiko coin door, so it's probably from Japan. SEGA?

#534 8 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

If anyone ever comes through Eastern South Dakota, come to Brookings, SD and play the following:
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
All games set at 25 cents to play

I look at the first picture, and all I hear in my mind is "IT'S POLKA TIME!"

#536 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

IMG_4418.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Oh, Space Harrier!

1 week later
#570 8 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Just picked up...
TROG

Clay animation Dinos that resemble Maggie Simpson.

#579 8 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Omega Race is too cool!
I spent countless quarters on one at a Ben Franklin.

Omega Race.jpgOmega Race.jpgOmega Race  2.jpgOmega Race 2.jpg

3 months later
#702 8 years ago

That WAS (or should have been) a 100uFD 35 V capacitor, and it looks like it wasn't the original one by the size (if it was the right value, don't worry about the size difference).

Here's where to download the schematics for that monitor: http://www.mikesarcade.com/arcade/monitors.html
Down load the Wells Gardner "K6100 - 2nd Printing" PDF file.

3 weeks later
#745 8 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Just got an Atari Roadblasters

Upright or cockpit version?

#756 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

roadblasters is a great classic atari game.
yes, what joe said.... see if you can find a marble madness or Indiana Jones kit (both great games too for the system1 cabs).
i own all 3 kits (def one of my fave arcades out there).

No Peter Pack Rat or Road runner?

#768 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

My understanding is that the only way to have both on a machine is to have two boards (hard drives, whatever) and swap between the two whilst also changing the orientation of the monitor from horizontal to vertical to suit that particular board. I've not seen horizontal and vertical games on a single board.

You can have both on one screen, the only issue is that either the horizontal or the vertical games are rotated on the screen and don't fill the entire screen. Namco's Pac-Man Arcade party does this. Comes with a 22" wide screen monitor mounted vertically. Plays Pac-Man, Dig-Dug, Mappy, etc in near full screen, but games like Rally-X and Rolling Thunder are rotated and only take up part of the display.

1 month later
#840 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Well after mangling my back playing paintball with my Boy Scout troop 2 months ago I'm finally back to restoring games.
Here's one that's not too common... Atari Fast Freddie.
image.jpg image.jpg

Quoted from Honch:

Never heard of it before.

There was one in an arcade I worked in back in the 1980's. They were built by Atari's Ireland division. I don't believe they were originally intended for U.S. sale, but the one where I worked at came from C.A. Robinsons. They used to get some games for / from Europe back i the day and sell them in Los Angeles.

If I recall, Fast Freddie was engineered by the same company that made Kangaroo.

#857 8 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

You mean this part of the bezel? lol Yeah, that bezel artwork never made sense to me. Still one of my favorite arcade shooters from back in the day...

IMG_5405.jpg 1

Ah yes. An odd one from Doug Watson.

#895 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Polishing up a super rare one right now.
Here's the control panel

image.jpg

Sente Snake Pit

#899 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Yep! In a huge dedicated Immersion "fridge" cabinet.

A.K.A the S.A.C-1 (or 1A, but looking at your control panel, it might be a 1)

#905 8 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

And you guys thought I was kidding... I got my hands on a double locker. There is about 30 pieces here and still have to remove about 15 more.
If you see something you like or are in need of some redemption games or deluxe machines let me know. Haven't turned everything on yet but PM me with questions and I will get you answers. Thanx in advance.
2015-10-30 12.25.11.jpg 2015-10-30 12.25.06.jpg 2015-10-30 12.25.16.jpg

That Galaga and that Dynamo cabinet should be able to find a home easily. And is that a Rowe BC-3500 behind Top Skater?

#907 8 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

It is, but it doesn't have the bill accepter.

BA-50s are easy to get. it's the other parts (especially the power supply) that are harder to get and cost a lot.
And if it has a coin acceptor kit that's even better.

1 week later
#918 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I have a board set, wiring harness and marquee for galaga 3, I'd like to find a cab and control panel for it... But only if I stumble on it for a good price
The likelihood of that happening is almost zero

Worse comes to worse, you could always get a reproduction cabinet from Arcade Shop LLC:

http://www.arcadeshop.com/cabinets/cabinets.htm

... and if it has the same pin out as Galaga and other Namco games of the period, they sell harnesses too. The real trick would be to get the original "Gaplus" marquee and ROMs to go with the boards.

1 week later
#940 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

boy, they really got their money's worth out of the tron joystick, didn't they?
that's got to be the 4th or 5th title that I've seen where it was used.

Actually, that style joy stick came out with GORF, Two years before Tron.

#943 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Finally finished up my Space Harrier upright. I cut and screenprinted new gauges. NOS rubber boot and buttons. Created new side art, redid metal, new monitor, etcimage.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Rare to see a Seiko door in that good of shape.

3 weeks later
#976 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I love seeing oddball games. Is that a Pac-Man clone? Or what is that racing game that runs on a Pac-man like grid?

Quoted from robotron:

pacman, shooter like game. instead of eating dots you have to shoot them.

More like a Wizard of Wor clone.

1 week later
#986 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Looking to buy some cabarets before year end. PM me what you have.
Some ideas...
Digdug
Robotron
Make trax
Galaga
Ms pacman /multipac
Battlezone

Someone needs to repoduce the Midway or some of the Atari caberet cabinets from the early eighties. (*Cough* Arcade Shop Amusements *cough*)

#1000 8 years ago

I imagine you had to pull the rifles off those Exidy shooting games to pack all those games in there like that.

2 weeks later
#1047 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Can't remember if I threw this one up here. Finished this Kung Fu Master right before the move.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

Some Data East goodness!

1 month later
#1083 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Its really F-ing stupid that this thread is in the basement. Coin operated ARCADE GAMES are VERY closely related to pinball but this thread is lumped into a garbage bin with threads about Blow Jobs, Playboys, Drinking, NCAA, Cigars, Bowling, Jeeps, Partying, Concert Tickets, Politics, GETTING HIGH and on and on. Plus it doesn't show up in my active threads so i have to go digging through all the lame BS in the basement to find it. I'm officially LEAVING this thread forever and taking my games with me.

The Basement is one of the worst thing that's happened to the forums. It's like it's here only for mods to hide topics!

1 week later
#1092 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

laser grail!

image_(resized).jpg

Does it work?

#1101 8 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Just brought this home in the last few days and it will need a bit of work to get it back to nice condition. Currently the board doesn't fire up but shouldn't be an issue to get going. You guys will probably notice first up that it has non-original US release Side Art, this is the art work they were released with in Oz (gotta love that Toyota Landcruiser doing some scrub bashing) and YEP that's a gum tree in the background although missing the normally ever present "Drop Bear" Someone has also attached (very crudely) a steering wheel off an Atari Sprint machine as well. Another difference in the Oz cab is how the pedal units attach to the main cab, all up the cab is in pretty decent shape structurally. There's some chunks out of the side art decals but i doubt very much i can get these redone though and the after market decals are only the US version. Anyone got any ideas on how i can go about recreating the side art?? The next project has BEGUN

DSC02094_(resized).JPGDSC02095_(resized).JPGDSC02096_(resized).JPGDSC02097_(resized).JPGDSC02098_(resized).JPG

Wow, about the only things about this is that th Marquee and control panel graphics are the same as the U.S. version (even the coin door is different).

As far as new side graphics, you might look into this:

http://www.gameongrafix.com/products/side-art

#1107 8 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Wow, about the only things about this is that th Marquee and control panel graphics are the same as the U.S. version (even the coin door is different).
As far as new side graphics, you might look into this:
http://www.gameongrafix.com/products/side-art

Uh, Disregard my previous post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-i-will-never-do-business-with-game-on-grafix-again

3 months later
#1137 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

picked up the NBA JAM last week, and the Dk last night! Wooo!

Mikes Arcade can set you up with twenty feet of 5/8" white t-molding for only $12 for that Donkey Kong:

http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=TMW58IN

Plus they have a good selection of parts for Nintendo arcade cabinets.

1 week later
#1141 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

anyone have any cabarets/mini's for sale?
PM me.
thx

I wish Arcade Shop LLC would make a reproduction of the midway cabaret cabinet (Galaxian / Pac Man / Galaga etc.)

1 week later
#1148 7 years ago

The Frogger looks like it's in nice shape. How much did it cost you?

#1152 7 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Picked it up for $400.

Even not working that'd be a great price. Congratulations!

1 week later
#1156 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

Has anyone ever played a Haunted/Panic Museum or even seen one? I've been trying to find one forever.

I've never heard of it before. Had to look it up too see what it is.

1 week later
#1171 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Sure is, really pops. I know it was called decola, certainly not a decal. I'm not sure if these were screen printed on or not, finding it hard to dig up any info at all on this wee beast

My guess is that it's silk screened like a lot of Atari cabinets from the late 70's to the mid 80's (I.E. Centipede, Asteroids, Space Duel).

1 week later
#1181 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

include:
Space Zap (need the PCB's.... anybody... anyone... even non-working ok, i can repair them),
Tokio

I have a working cage and boards, but I don't want to part with them. Sorry. Maybe you can get a cage and some of the boards for Gorf or Wizard of Wor and put a set together if you can find the ROM board and CPU board.

1 week later
#1198 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

picked up this conversion cabaret.
anyone have any (original, home-made) art files for it?
-bezel
-side art
-CPO
-other?

Can't find any bezel artwork, but here's some Romstar control panel and side art:
http://www.gameongrafix.com/index.php?search%5Bterms%5D=romstar&search%5Bcat%5D=&search%5Bmode%5D=any&search%5Bsort_by%5D=name_asc

#1200 7 years ago

Spotted this at Goodwill in Santa Ana:
0814161347-00_(resized).jpg0814161347-00_(resized).jpg

...Only $75 and it works. Even has a stack of tickets in one of the dispensers.

#1203 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Wow! I need to start going to goodwill. Nice find.

They've been getting some more Coin-op stuff in lately (the Hoop it up had a tag from Captains Auctions on it btw).

2 months later
#1251 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

looking to buy some cabarets. anyone have some for sale ?

Good luck with that. They're almost impossible to find. Still wish Arcade Shop LLC would make some Cabaret cabinets.

3 months later
#1312 7 years ago

OMG! was that a Sente Snake pit in the background?!? I haven't seen one in over thirty years!

2 weeks later
#1413 7 years ago
Quoted from Joey_N:

I've been collecting for nearly 20yrs and have YET to come across a Sinistar, so I have collected every piece except the wood of the cabinet.
Plan is to scratch build a new cabinet, using my Bubbles as a template, and will have to figure out the change for the monitor shelf.
Hacked control panel, untested boards, build a new cabinet and stencil it.. how much time could it possibly take????

You do know that the cabinet for Sinistar is narrower than all the other Williams cabinets of that era.

2 weeks later
#1482 7 years ago
Quoted from Joey_N:

and Wild Western. I actually ended up finding a Frontline panel, with 2 extra holes drilled, that I'm getting welded up, and ThisOldGame sells a repro overlay for Tin Star.

Quoted from Joey_N:

and Wild Western. I actually ended up finding a Frontline panel, with 2 extra holes drilled, that I'm getting welded up, and ThisOldGame sells a repro overlay for Tin Star.

For reference, here's some pictures of a Wild Western and Frontline from Arcade Expo 3.0:
IMG_0224 (resized).JPGIMG_0224 (resized).JPG

IMG_0223 (resized).JPGIMG_0223 (resized).JPG

#1488 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

only thing missing is the price tags

They for sale or if you mean the insets on the door, they're there, but because of the low lighting in the room they get washed out in the picture.

#1490 7 years ago
Quoted from Joey_N:

They're uncommon. I've never come across one, but if you were willing to pay whatever the going rate is, probably not too hard to acquire. It's not as rare/oddball as say a Missile Command cockpit or something. The top glass and control panel overlays for Warlords cocktail were reproduced, silkscreened, by Phoenix Arcade.

Oddly enough, I've seen more tables than uprights. There was one of each at Arcade Expo this last weekend.
The table got a lot more play. There seemed to always be four people on it. given a choice I'd take a table version. Allows four players and has a colour monitor as well.
BTW there was a SEGA Missile Command cocpit at Expo as well:
IMG_0174 (resized).JPGIMG_0174 (resized).JPG
I neglected to get a picture of it during Expo when it was assembled and running, but I did get a picture of the back half last month before it was put together.

#1492 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

was heavily distracted by Alien cab... were you saying something ?

Actually it's "Cosmic Alien".
I should have got a picture of that too after it was cleaned and set up. It cleaned up nice and had a great picture on the screen.
I did however get a picture of the Atari Avalance that was behind Missile Command:
IMG_0243 (resized).JPGIMG_0243 (resized).JPG

#1503 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Also...Where is the recommended place for new Konami coin doors, t-molding, etc.?

The "Konami" coin doors were actually Wico coin doors with a custom plate with the Konami name on them. Once in a while an old one shows up on eBay, but parts are hard to come by.

Just for an example, here;s one on ebay with a Cinematronics plate:
ebay.com link: Dragons Lair Cinematronics Coin Door
Wico1 (resized).jpgWico1 (resized).jpg
Wico2 (resized).jpgWico2 (resized).jpg

If you look close on the retainer for the coin acceptor you can see the Wico name embossed on it.

Here's a centuri version:Centuri (resized).jpgCenturi (resized).jpg ebay.com link: CENTURI COIN DOOR I4
And if you check on eBay, most of these doors go for well over $200.

#1505 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Thanks gir. Do you have a favorite arcade refurbished shop? Buttons, bezels, etc. Need some DK decals and bezel too.

I sometimes use Mikes arcade:
http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl
http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?action=search&category=Game+Artwork

... but I'm not set on one source. Arcade Shop LLC is another good source:
http://www.arcadeshop.com/galaga/galaga.htm

2 weeks later
#1563 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey guys where can I get these coin slot pieces?

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/coin_currency_supplies/891-1113-01
And the pin on the back that pushes the return leaver is better than the old CoinCo ones.

#1578 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Check out this Universal Cosmic Alien's artwork. Have this and a Centipede Cabaret.
Looking for a nice Satans Hollow to go with them.

This is a game I'd never seen or heard of until Arcade Expo 3.0 in March where they had one:
IMG_0174 (resized).JPGIMG_0174 (resized).JPG
This is about a month before Expo. It was really dirty at the time but it cleaned up nice. When it was on it had a beautiful picture.
I thought I had got a photo of it during expo but I guess I didn't.

#1584 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

hehehe
i probably shouldn't show you my EDOT conversion then...

Kill it ...kill it with fire.

3 months later
#1649 6 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Just bought a Capcom Bowling from a fellow pinsider!
Bonus if anyone can tell me what the original cab was a converted from! I'm curious. Also I'll include a piece of plexi bezel that was stuck inside the cab. Help me solve the mystery!

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I was also going to say it looked like a Missile Command cabinet.

Yup. Missile Command. But where is the speaker at? On Missile Command, They're built into the marquee. Also, if they still were, the magnets in the speakers would interfere with the monitors deflection at the top.

#1653 6 years ago

Funny enough the speaker is weirdly mounted slightly below the monitor floating in the back.

Bet that sounds really great!

#1659 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Great vector collection! Tac Scan is on my want list, but the rumors and horror stories I hear of keeping that alive, scare me.

It's the weird G08 monitors that were the problem. The scan rate for the beam was faster and there was a tendency for the deflection yoke transistors to blow. After Space Fury had many monitor failures, SEGA made some modifications to keep these transistors cooler...
GO8 (resized).jpgGO8 (resized).jpg
... by mounting the four transistors on two large heat sinks, mounting them together and adding a fan. But it isn't a complete fix. it does however make it easier to repair.

#1673 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Finished up a kinda rare one. Frisky Tom.

Wow. I haven't seen a Frisky Tom in 30 years, and they were rare when it came out. Probably even longer since I've seen an upright Tail Gunner.

1 week later
#1688 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I've been playing a lot of qix in mame and on my arcadeSD board lately, kind of itching to find an original upright.
Anyone have any tips on strategy? My best is anywhere between 105,000 and 194,000 points. I'd love to discuss some strategy if anyone has some skill

Use fast draw to create walls in the centre and then close off the area using slow draw. This will get you a lot of points in the first two rounds. You can do rthis when you get to the split Qix levels, but it's a lot harder. (watch the ad mode to see how to use the fast / slow draw for maximum slow draw percentages).
Qix (resized).jpgQix (resized).jpg
And the arcade version blows away the X in One boards / MAME versions. The arcade version plays better and has more flexability ffor the difficulty settings.

3 months later
#1739 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Who made those cabinets? Never seen them before.

Namco.

#1754 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Do any of these mame cabs have Joust and Track&Field? Those are my two favorite games that I would need to have. Whenever I look at new ones for sale, they don't have these two titles.

The Arcade SD PC board doesn't have Track and Field available, but it does have Joust:

https://www.phoenixarcade.com/sites/default/files/arcadesd_gamelist2016.pdf
https://www.phoenixarcade.com/product-category/arcadesd

1 month later
#1830 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

60-in-1 are typically remakes (IE they reprogrammed it from scratch), so yes it's not an exact copy. Probably also how they legally get away with selling those boards without the companies coming after them (MAME is a grey area, and a company selling cabinets in california busted for it).
Mame is running the original roms that were extracted from the boards. So the graphics, sounds, and code are identical. But because they are running a simulation of the original CPU, there is usually a minor difference in speed (hence above saying how double dragon no longer slows down or has sprite flicker). Double dragon (and golden axe and altered beast for that matter) was pushing the limits of the CPU at the time. Most people don't care, or can even notice. If you're trying to set a world record for a classic game, they only allow it to be played on original hardware so it's a level playing ground.

Those 60 in1 boards are usually running MAME ROMS. The games always have the same problems as their MAME counterparts (sound, color issues etc.).

#1855 6 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

In my option, yes. If you like a lot of maze games like pac man you need the four way. The eight way is just prone to missing the turns. They make switchable 4-8way sticks in one. You can look into those. Generally you just need one 4 way on a cabinet because if you play 2 player you alternate turns with the same stick. I think one 4 way stick is about $20-30

Better question is where can you find a decent two way joystick (like on Galaga, Galaxian, Joust, Stargate / Defender etc)?

#1877 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

My favorite old school 4 player games:
Atari football
Sente Team Hat Trick
NBA JAM
Midway Demolition Derby
Atari Warlords
Simpsons
Ninja Turtles

What? No love for Quadra-Pong?

... and Warlords is defiantly much better as a four player table BTW.

#1885 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

My favorite old school 4 player games:
... Atari Warlords

Speaking of which:IMG_1049 (resized).JPGIMG_1049 (resized).JPG
...look at what I got to play today!

#1898 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Think I found it but it's the stand up cab and not the cocktail table. Are the stand up ones only 2player?

Two players and with a black and white monitor.

#1902 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

They have a film over the screen to simulate color?

Yes (gels) and it's viewed from a half mirror and there's a cardboard scenery behind the half mirror.Warlords 2 plyr (resized).jpgWarlords 2 plyr (resized).jpg

#1905 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Think I found it but it's the stand up cab and not the cocktail table. Are the stand up ones only 2player?

Both use the same board, but there's a connector difference to toggle from monochrome to color and table / upright.

1 week later
#1921 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

only you can answer that question. do you have friends who would play?
... and space lords (its really a 2 player but you can add an additional gunner per ship, but you can link 2 cabs and play up to 8).

Actually, each side can hve two players, so linking them up is up to eight players.
Space Lords back (resized).jpgSpace Lords back (resized).jpg

Space Lords front (resized).jpgSpace Lords front (resized).jpg

2 months later
#2046 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

MAME's and Multi games are great for trying out lots of games but for some of these, the cabinet and controls help create the experience. Game like these, for example

The four player Warlords is made of much want!

1 month later
#2094 5 years ago

Okay, so maybe someone here can help me. Does anyone have or have pictures of the inside of the control panel for a Nichubutsu deluxe cabinet for Crazy Climber?
Crazy_Climber_-_1980_-_Nichibutsu.jpgCrazy_Climber_-_1980_-_Nichibutsu.jpg
Specifically I'm looking for a picture of the brackets on the control panel interior that the plunger locks latch into. I've also seen pictures of Moon Quasar and Frisky Tom in this same cabinet.
Crazy Climber CP.JPGCrazy Climber CP.JPG

1 year later
#2824 3 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Just picked this up[quoted image]

Have never seen an upright before. Only the four player version.

Hot Rod (resized).jpgHot Rod (resized).jpg
#2837 3 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Love tose Taito spinner games! Still need to acquire a Wild Western (wink wink) to complete the trilogy
I have a soft spot of those Taito games of that era. Eventually I want to own all the early '80s Taito oeuvre; I have most parts and pieces of the heavy hitters: Kram, Space Dungeon and Electric YoYo. But still need games like Elevator Action, Lock and Chase (need cab mostly), Stratovox et.al.

I was surprised to find out that Nintendo had a similar "Spinner" on Sheriff (Exidy Bandidto) back in 1979.

1 week later
#2849 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Just picked up this piece of crap.
[quoted image]

And original Taito version at that!

2 months later
#2937 3 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Yes. The Pioneer 8000 laser disc player has 2 video outputs, so it was pretty simple.
[quoted image]

Hmm. Never saw a cinematronics LD game with an LD-8000 in it. usually it was either a PR-7820 or LD-V1000.

3 weeks later
#2968 3 years ago

"Warning: Core unstable!"

#2983 3 years ago

I haven’t posted here in almost a year, I totally forgot to update you guys on my latest score!
Picked this up a little over a year ago but just put it in storage, finally last week I found someone parting out an original Taito boardset to bring this back to life!
Believe it or not, this BEAUTIFUL game was headed to the dump and I was able to rescue it for free! Glad I’ve held onto it, Space Invaders is mega cool and the Japanese cab is so much cooler than the midway one.
[quoted image]
This thing is beyond cool. An original Japanese Taito cabinet from 1978!
Right now I’ve just got this junk on the screen and I know the 5v and the 18v is out on the power supply.
Anyone know where I can get schematic for the L-shaped board? I tried using Klov but the website still sucks and 90% of the images and links are dead
[quoted image]

https://www.robotron-2084.co.uk/manualsinvaders.html

#2984 3 years ago

Also note that the L Shaped boards are Midway boards. A common problem is that the ROM sockets get cold solder joints, and you end up with messed up graphics. This was a problem even when the games were only a few years old. Usually you can just touch up the pins with a soldering iron on the back of the board, but it's better to just replace the sockets.

#3002 3 years ago
Quoted from joemagiera:

There are many, but to name a few off the top of my head...
Marble Madness (the best!)
Joust
Joust 2
Great Guns
Splat (extremely rare, you aren't finding it except on MAME)
Rampart (really good game, give it a try!)
Tetris
Pong
Tank
Canyon Bomber (simple but very fun black & white game)
Indy 8
Space War
Space Wars
Orbit
Atari Basketball
Atari Football
Quarterback
Bottom Of The Ninth
I'm sure I'll think of a dozen more as soon as I hit "post reply".
Joe

Warlords
Championship Sprint
Columns
Columns II (has a competitive mode)
Atari Tetris
Klax
Plotting
Super Puzzle Fighter II
Ikiari Wariors

8 months later
#3227 2 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

Anybody ever seen one of these? I can find them without the standoffs all day long, but I can't find them with the standoffs.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I guess the question is: What game does this go to?

#3233 2 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

That's the 64000 dollar question! They were in a cocktail Space Invaders cabinet that was converted to something else along they way. When I bought the cabinet all that was in it was the 4 way joysticks and 1 button. Nothing Identifying what game might have been converted to!
Shot of cabinet and original label. [quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting considering that cabinet didn't even have joysticks when it was Space Invaders:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I wonder what the source for those joysticks was. I've never seen any grommets like that before. I've got to agree with Fulltilt and maybe just go with new joysticks. At least with something more common you won't have to worry about parts again later on.

#3235 2 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

That's it. I still have those player 1 & 2 buttons stashed somewhere. I switched over to the larger buttons.

Yeah, those original buttons were crap. Fortunately you can use the thumb button assembly in a Happ trigger joystick that uses a microswitch that's a good substitutepasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png.

3 months later
#3342 2 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

I agree. Pain in the ass with the sub boards and removal can sometimes be a bitch but overall they are reliable and look great after being rebuilt.

I remember for a short time in the late 1980s when Atari was using these monitors. You'd usually see them in games like Pacmania, Galaga '88 and Dragon Spirits.

4 months later
#3408 2 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

1976 Atari Breakout - Finished just before Christmas
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The CRT, gels and graphics look to be in very good condition as well as the cabinet. Congratulations.

BTW I may have one of the black and red price inserts somewhere in my parts. I'll have to look for it over the weekend.

#3410 2 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

Yes CRT got all new caps and a new hand made flyback U-bolt as the original was broke. First for me there. Color gels were extremely dirty but not lifted at all which allowed them to turn out amazing. Cabinet was a lot of work to get it presentable.
The insert your speaking of is the Mylar coin door sleeve correct? This one is original as far as I know but I’d like to hear more about the black and red as I feel I have seen them on different Atari titles of that era.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hmm. Have not seen those before. The ones I've seen on games of that era where the ones with red lettering made to be backlit like yours but they're screened on the back of a piece of Plexi-glass. Maybe that was a later replacement I have somewhere or ones used on the "Moon" type entry like on Lunar Lander, Super breakout and other games like those.

#3411 2 years ago

... but I do have a Breakout PC board though. At least I know where THAT is.

1 month later
#3529 2 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

What, no Polybius?

Funny that you mentioned that, caught this on the new Adult Swim show Smiling Friends:
Smiling Freinds Polibius (resized).jpgSmiling Freinds Polibius (resized).jpg

Not Polybius, but a parody. Most recent Polybius? joke I've seen since the one on The Simpsons.

2 months later
#3565 1 year ago
Quoted from sbmania:

Anybody got anything for sale for a Taito Crazy Climber upright? I could use a new CPO, new monitor bezel, and a spare board set. Also either new side art or I will have to touch up the original. Going to Allentown if that helps!

A few years back I saw the metal part of the control panel with the artwork on e-Bay. It looked like NOS. Almost bought it myself, but money was tight then.

I'd be happy if I could get a Taito America Cabaret model.

2 weeks later
#3572 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

if you choose to re-cap it yourself, here's a couple of tips to help you out:
1) watch a video on how to discharge and remove the anode leading from the flyback to the cathode ray tube. leave the monitor unplugged for at least 24-48 hours before attempting to remove it. this helps any residual electricity discharge.
2) I have a large regular screwdriver with a length of 18 gauge wire taped to it that I ground out to the metal on the chassis. I also make sure to put my left hand in my pocket and only use my right when attempting to dislodge the cap from the anode (this way, if you get zapped [and believe me you don't want to because it *can* kill you], the electricity will not pass over your heart.
NOTE: once the anode cap is removed, roll the tip of the screwdriver into the hole to make sure that you completely discharge the tube.
3) swap the caps out one at a time. I tend to work from left to right, top to bottom on the chassis *after* identifying all of the locations of the caps that need to be replaced
4) when removing the original cap, note the orientation of the negative leg. there are many a chassis where the - and + are not silkscreened correctly. by removing and replacing a single cap at a time, you can help to reduce/eliminate this potential problem (you don't want to put a cap in backwards)

THIS! (resized).jpgTHIS! (resized).jpg

#3594 1 year ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Here are some of my arcade machines.
[quoted image]

Man! It's been a long time since I saw an Escape from the Planet of Robot Monsters!

1 month later
#3628 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have a Maximum Force (plays blind) and a pretty new cabinet that had a Contra in it for sale. So the empty cabinet you can use for a multicade or whatever. Both for $500. Shipping is fine. Located in Midlothian, VA.

It would be great to take that Contra and put a Contra board in it again and restore it to it's original glory. The cabinet looks like it's in great shape.
There's one on eBay going for $3879 currently:

#3630 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I was thinking the same exact thing, that cabinet is nice.

Yeah, you don't see many 25 year old cabinets like that that have labels and control panel overlays in that good of shape.

1 month later
#3674 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Had a shed find...Atari Assault. I also have two other games being delivered in a week or two. I don't know much about working on arcades, so of anyone is interested in taking on a project I'd probably be willing to let her go pretty cheap. It does look like a fun game from what I've seen online. It looks to me like the voltage transformer and AC filter are pretty roached.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh it's defiantly a fun game! But it would play a lot better with the correct joysticks though.

2 weeks later
#3726 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Here's the pics he sent. Great deal, I know. Can't win em all[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

"No Signal"

2 months later
#3762 1 year ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

I recently came into a few Arcade projects & I'm wondering how I go about looking up the appropriate cap kits for the monitors?

https://www.arcadeshop.com/d/40/monitors-kits-parts.htm

Also for other arcade game parts:
https://mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl

#3765 1 year ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

I miss mine.....

A buddy of mine has a working board and marquee for Pengo. They was in a Stern Amidar cabinet that got restored to Amidar.

1 month later
#3798 1 year ago
Quoted from rod90:

This will be made whole one of these days.
[quoted image]

Seeburg Ray-O-Light game?

#3809 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I really want a ray-o-lite machine. Had a chance to buy a sweet shoot the coon over 20 years ago and passed on it. It was double the cost of a new pinball machine at the time and I couldn’t justify the expense. This one was at an auction last year. Very cool!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Saw an interesting video on a replacement Amp assembly for Chicken Sam and similar machines:

and here's a vudeo on the Shoot the Bear mechanism:

Some other Ray-o-Lite goodies:

3 weeks later
#3831 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

finding a mr do! is not hard. finding a dedicated mr do! as pictured above is..
mr do is universal standard. so you can get a universal to jamma adapter and play it in one of your own cabs.

You need to make sure it's one that has the amplifier for the sound output, or you'll have to wire in an amp for sound.

https://www.arcadeshop.com/i/366/mr.-do-series-jamma-adapter.htm
https://store.pcbjunkie.net/products/mr-do-universal-to-jamma-adapter

1 week later
#3925 1 year ago

I have to admit, I'd like to have one of these just because they're not very common. This is one of only two I have ever seen.
628E649D-7F7B-4C08-8AA6-9634C1F54DB0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg628E649D-7F7B-4C08-8AA6-9634C1F54DB0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
This one was/is at Arcade 1984 in Springfield MO. (2017)

#3926 1 year ago

In case nobody has mentioned it, Who'd like to have one of these?FD9D2348-D9BE-4C2C-9368-53CA6728A18A_1_105_c (resized).jpegFD9D2348-D9BE-4C2C-9368-53CA6728A18A_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

#3939 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Not really that rare. Most collectors didn't want them due to 4 player vs 2 player capability. Usually commands about 60% of what the 4 player does.

If it's not so rare, why are they rarely seen?
And it's not about what other collectors want or how much the resale value is, it's about what I want.

Quoted from Mrbill:

The cool feature of the 2 player gauntlet is it allows you to play any of the 4 characters from player 1 or player 2.

Yes! I really don't understand Why Atari didn't do that with the Original Gauntlet four player game.

#3952 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron911:

You don't see many of them because OPs converted them to Jamma titles since they were poor earners in the arcade. And Gauntlet II did allow you to play any of the four players. The original didn't because the programmer wanted to create a cooperative, balanced game. It's actually designed at the higher levels for with the concept that the level is easier if the skills of all 4 player types are playing.

Or, they didn't make that many of them. Or ones you think were Gauntlet were actually Rolling Thunder cabinets .
You hate A game That I'd like to have. What Ever. Now give it a rest.

#3956 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I don't hate the game, but you are using the word "rare" for a game that simply isn't. And simply isn't that collectable.

So you're still going to be petty and not back up your claim. GFY.

#3959 1 year ago
Quoted from tylery85:

New to the thread. I have Bubble Bobble in a converted Defender cab. Have an extra original board I'd like to convert to Lost Cave at some point. I also have a custom three player jamma cab running Battletoads. I was hoping to find other three player boards for it, but have been focusing on pinball the last few years. I don't think there are a ton. Moonwalker, Real Ghostbusters (and whatever that original game was), Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Rampage World Tour, Dark Adventure...probably missing some good ones....
Only arcade game I'd add at this point if it popped up would be Marble Madness or Smash TV.

3 player game seem kind of hard to find.
The only ones I can think of off hand are not Jamma: Gain Ground, Xenophobe, The Three Stooges and of course several driving games: Super Sprint, Super Off Road / Track Pack, Hot Rod upright.

Edit: The Marble Madness II (A.K.A Marble Man) prototypes were three players.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3961 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

atari off the wall dedicated and rampart were 3 player.

Should have remembered Rampart. Worked on a couple of them.
Back in the day I remember seeing ads and some photos of Off the wall, but never saw one in person.
Also just remembered: Midway Star Guards and Power Drive:
Power Drive: The game that's like Track and Field with four wheel drive.

3 weeks later
#4028 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

If I remember correctly the original gaplus control panel overy was nothing special. the repo gaplus art looks better. Whats on your cab now, does not look bad..

2 months later
#4116 11 months ago
Quoted from Deerlakes6:

Looks like that Scramble still has an original Wico Joystick. Supprised the handle hasn't broken off yet! (and I have a Amidar in my Garage that still has one!)

1 week later
#4128 11 months ago
Quoted from JWE:

Just added Bubbles and Joust to the Williams line up.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from cliff_clavin:

Might I humbly suggest adding a defender or stargate to your excellent Williams collection?

He needs to add a wood cabinet Blaster and / or a Sinistar to match the other cabinets.

#4134 11 months ago
Quoted from JWE:

Would love to add either one. Had them both years ago, Sinistar wood cab and Blaster duramold. Blaster is an awesome game and in the wood cab would be amazing.

Or maybe one of there:
Inferno (resized).pngInferno (resized).png

#4136 11 months ago

Or any of theses game cabinets that you don't have already:
editt: posted wrong image.

1 month later
#4250 9 months ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

KLOV is the correct answer but it sucks in comparison. Pinside is well oiled machine. KLOV feels like a bunch of smaller arcade forums held together with baling wire. You're probably better off asking your questions here.

That description is a bit of an insult to bailing wire.

#4251 9 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

I laugh at all this talk about KLOV being toxic or not behaved compared to Pinside. Both sites have their share of trolls just like any forum that exists.

Troll Train.gifTroll Train.gif

2 weeks later
#4284 9 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

the only atari pcb that has a battery is pole position. Hard to get corrosion on a board that is catastrophic without a battery. At most you have burnt edge connectors or traces. that could be fixed.
The other issue, is how long it will take to populate those boards. Someone posted on klov they did it in 7 hours. That would be some fast working! I would think the average person would take 2x or 3x that.
The insane thing is they should populate the board! I hear its not that much more to populate it. You could put all the common components in and put sockets for the rare/expensive/ hard to find parts.. It would save so much effort and be professionally done and make the board more reliable. I hear the added cost would be not that significant.
There are games that really need this type of help. omega race comes to mind. maybe rare games like quantum and i-robot. from an artistic point, I guess you can accept it. But I would rather have a tee shirt, marquee or a poster to display..

Pole position is not a Atari board per say. Many early ones had Namco boards, and later ones had Atari reworked versions of the boards. Never understood why Atari and Midway felt the need to reinvent Namco boards or make two board sets into one long single board (i.e. Puckman, Dig Dug).

#4287 9 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I know this. If you want to call them namco boards, then thats fine. all pole positions pcbs have a battery on 1 board. they all leak and ruin the board. if its not leaking batteries, then it the custom chips rotting away, or its the edge connector burning up(or all 3 at the same time).
I think atari tried to make them into single boards to avoid the other problem, bad interconnecting boards. one thing you can say about atari dig dug, it does not have a board design problem.

Oddly enough, They didn't make them one board, but just make them "different" to the point that you could use an Atari made CPU board with a Namco Vidio board, and vice versa. Why did they even bother?
As far as Dig Dug, the Namco version like the Atari version didn't have a battery "Design problem" as you put it. But they re-engineered the boards into one instead of using the same two board set that was used for Mappy, Phozon, Super Pac man and some other games that didn't get released in the U.S.
Why? Who knows...
As far as "Connection problems", The only one I know of off hand were Midway copies of the games and their Flaky filter boards.

#4288 9 months ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Good Old Cosmotrons!
Earned jack squat on location but I personally love the game.
It was great to see it that one time at IAAPA in Orlando Florida once!

4ECC89F3-1EE7-486C-8F0B-AA14D5E66BE2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg4ECC89F3-1EE7-486C-8F0B-AA14D5E66BE2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

24E65260-58CF-473E-86C8-CBEAECBE4E99_1_105_c (resized).jpeg24E65260-58CF-473E-86C8-CBEAECBE4E99_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider girloveswaffles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-arcade-games-do-you-own?tu=girloveswaffles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.