IMG_2065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2066 (resized).jpeg
20240313_195826 (resized).jpg
IMG_0071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0075 (resized).JPG
IMG_0084 (resized).JPG
IMG_0090 (resized).JPG
IMG_0083 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from Junkhauler:

Arcade Games i have currently.....
Namco Rocking Bowl-O-Rama
Marble Maddness...
Three in a small Lake house, Three in a Condo in Dallas i keep for work (with 3 of my pins), The rest in my Gameroom beside my home which saves my marriage because i got alot of buddies hanging with me in there and she can go in the house and lock the door!!!! Ha

Dude, sounds like we have some common threads...

Super punch out
Tron
Sf2ce, multi
Sfivae, taito viewlix clone xbox360 jtag
Tempest
Joust
Stargate
Galaga/ms pac
Ms pac- I fully restored including 4-1, and full stencil restore
Mario bros wb
Asteroids deluxe
Fifjr multi - 260 games mame
Centipede multi
Viewlix clone 1/2 size shmup multi
Revx
Xevious
Escape from the planet of robot monsters
Phoenix
Captain America and the avengers
Nintendo vs dual
Nintendo vs dual 3/4 mame custom
Robotron

At lake:
Qix cocktail with arcade SD

I've bought tons of these from Lubbock

Sadly I just sold 10 other games, but I'm getting a very special delivery soon of a few pins to replace what I just sold

#162 9 years ago

A few of my more obscure titles...

And a before and after of my ms pac

image.jpgimage.jpg image-147.jpgimage-147.jpg image-70.jpgimage-70.jpg image-822.jpgimage-822.jpg image-929.jpgimage-929.jpg image-201.jpgimage-201.jpg
#174 9 years ago

I had spent about 65 hours restoring the paint jobs on those 2 ms pacs, never again will I attempt it, unless someone throws down some serious cash.

Just finished joust...

Took a year to build Tron ... It now has side art

image-841.jpgimage-841.jpg image-424.jpgimage-424.jpg image-425.jpgimage-425.jpg
#189 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

Sounds good. I wish getting a widebody Mario Bros. happened like this. I'm on my sixth month of searching...

I missed out on 5 close calls before I got mine... Over 9 months then I got up at 3 one morning, drove 10 hours round trip, I paid too much for it, then had to do new paint, cpo, side art, and search out a decent bezel and recap the monitor, refurb the joysticks, still having issues with one of them. Such a difficult game to aquire! Every time I hear about someone getting one it's a very difficult story. I hope you get lucky and find a nice one at a good price!

I had such a hard time finding a Tron, I decided to build one, it took over a year to aquire the parts and about $2k, it's been 8 years since I started to look for one, I have still yet to see one I knew I could get my hands on in good condition. At least I have a near new one now

#213 9 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

I've got a couple….

Do you go by fizgig?

I don't know of anyone else that has such a massive list , great work! Legendary

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I just looked through the entire thread and not one person seems to have Nintendo, VS.Excitebike. What's the deal with that game? I use to love it and several years back I wanted to buy one. For some reason I couldn't find it anywhere and I've never seen anyone claim to own one. Anyone else notice this omission? Where are they, I want one!!!!

Oh duh, I have a nintendo red tent, it has super Mario bros on one side, excite bike in the other

There's not really a dedicated version... You need a vs. Nintendo system, it's got a board with 2 places for 2 sets of roms for games... Or you could have a mame machine with it... I have a mame machine also with an arcade crt. Plays exactly the same

#226 9 years ago

I want a crystal castles, never had an opportunity

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from mojozone:

That nibbler sideart is amazing.

Agreed!

#278 9 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Final product

All custom?? Who is your artist? Very impressed at the application of color, design meets original need
One of my favorite games even in its simplicity. Projects like this make me fall in love with the hobby all over again

#283 9 years ago
Quoted from FishPharm:

Hey Pac, excellent collection. Your games are so flawless, I was curious if they are restorations or reproductions. Are they the actual cabinet from the manufacturer or did you make and assemble the cabinets and the decals? I would think that this would be the only way to get a collection like this.....just curious. Looks amazing either way!

PacMan, can I do the honors???...

He's been doing this for years, some are repro cabs, some are original, seems by any means necessary to get the job done, so I think you're right. Pretty much the only way to have a collection like that. but almost everything has been brought back to original as possible, unless something needs to be done with out of the box thinking. (Like Nibbler)

1 month later
#357 9 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

My latest pick up!
MVC2instagram.PNG (Click image to enlarge)

Great find!

How much did you pay for it, if you dont mind me asking? Ive been keeping my eyes out for one for a few years

#360 9 years ago

sssssshhhhhhhh... I mamed a brand new tron that I built (It's amazing, and looks and plays exactly like the original, but has Mad Planets, Tempest and Time Pilot and every other game that uses a spinner and or a flight stick) Don't tell those klov guys, an atomic rage bomb will set off in their server

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sorhp/sets/72157640943947064/

#362 9 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

haha... I will not tell a sole
that's a great TRON build. love it man. that menu setup looks nice and clean. can it play discs of tron??

It could play DOT, , but to do it right I need a pull spinner, which I dont have, and couldnt find at the time, of course, I think there is one available now... one day

#365 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

still trying to find a way to get this dot cp rigged up to Tron LE

tron-prequel-cp-1.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Lol, props if you figure out a way to control the ball with that panel

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh mad you guys make me sick....building your own games and here I can't even find someone to get my MACH 3 running. Makes me want to cry.

... Says the man with the crazie awesome pin collection

#374 9 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

Is that a new Tron cabinet? If so, where did you get it? I have been trying to buy a new cabinet to replace my badly damaged one, but it the guys that say they make them don't seem to actually be able to sell me one.

I got my cabinet from OUflight on klov. It took him over a year to cut the cab for me. Boulder arcade factory may be another choice, I think they have plans for cutting a Tron cabinet ... It's a big project... The art price is hard to swallow, but looks great, folks go nuts when they see it, but then don't play the game???!?

Whatever, I love it

#379 9 years ago

Meph, Nice job on the ssf2t!

#387 9 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Thanks, I put quite a bit into that one. A couple guys on KLOV just came up with a CPS2 multi that plugs into an original CPS2 A+B board and can swap games with a remote board. It supports every CPS2 game made so very shortly that Super SF2 cabinet will have the following list of games, all on original hardware! I doubt this machine will ever leave. Almost sold it just recently but the guy interested must have gotten scared by my price which is fine by me.

Do you have a link to the klov thread?

#439 9 years ago

fizgig/pacman, just does everything necessary, I'm certain that on some things he has to use bondo, but do it right. I have used bondo on many projects, and if applied and sanded properly, it works very very well. I hear where your coming from though, there are "refurbishers" out there that are destroying cabs while trying to fix them, they end up turning out worse.

1 month later
#526 8 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I only have one, but it gets a lot of play!
IMG_0597.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
More non-phoenixed games for the Capcom purists...
IMG_0685.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Yes you did!

#561 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

For sale on 6 street, Austin image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That's funny, didn't see it, was just there yesterday

1 week later
#581 8 years ago
Quoted from NicToria:

Visual Pinball in Sponge Bob Cabinet..

Post a picture!

2 months later
#658 8 years ago

2 neos both with multi carts, got within a few days of each other

One for me, one for my kids

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#668 8 years ago

I'd love to have a Darius gaiden, whatever the latest outrun is, an all in one Mortal Kombat with an insane sound system, and a super Mario bros 3

And a few pc dedicated cab games... Lovers in a dangerous space time and geometry wars

Pins rule in my house too, but I have my weaknesses

1 month later
#709 8 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

there are a few others that could. Some of the guys who post on klov would and possibly for a bit less, but chad knows what he is...

5:if your spinner makes a brrrr sound when you spin it. look into lubricating or replacing the plastic bushings.

#5,

This has been debated quite a bit on klov... From memory, Atari got the brrr to happen with the original bushings because players would just force the spinner to spin and spin and never stop, the brrrr in the bushing caused the spinner to slow down and force the player to focus on playing the game instead of exploiting the spinner,

The spinner only needs cleaning and maybe rub the metal parts with machine oil

#712 8 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

Not quite on the level of some of you guys but here are my two.

Attachment_1.jpg

DK3 is one of my favorite dk games, very nice! its one of the few games Im actually decent at

2 weeks later
#740 8 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

Just added these this weekend...
2015-09-12 21.10.44.jpg 2015-09-12 21.10.40.jpg 2015-09-12 21.11.04.jpg

that maroon DKJR cab confuses me, someone must have slapped on paint at one point?

Cool games!

1 week later
#766 8 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Yes, I have read about the rotating monitor to capture both h/v. And yes, that would be quite the contraption. But this would be an odd ball & technical undertaking. Does anyone have some advice on the Games Family 3000 in 1 ~ or whatever, ect...? I really don't want a computer type (w/ the fan noise) but could be swayed.

If you're savy enough you could do a nice mame setup, or use a jamma switcher and use the arcadeSD board for vertical classics + your blu elf, still cheaper to go the PC Mame route, but it takes a bit of know how to set it up and get it running right

(ArcadeSD will do vert games on a horizontal monitor)

1 week later
#782 8 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

I just finished up modding out a Guerrilla War » YouTube video

really cool, i did something similar with my FiFJr and Centipede, and super punch out, and street fighter 2... and soon my robotron

#800 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

thanks its got the multi kit, plays many Capcom games. robotron is my favorite game of all time, owner of a nos robotron cocktail:

photo_9.jpg robocock1.jpgrobocock3.jpgrobocock2.jpgrobocock4.jpgrobocock5.jpg

That sir, is beautiful, probably the nicest in existence

#811 8 years ago

Slither is super tough to find

1 week later
#821 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I have had over 150 arcade games, I have never seen or had the chance to by a slither. very very rare game! very small club!

I had one about 10 years ago, let it go for way too little, before there was any hype. I didn't care for the gameplay, but that cab was oh so cool

#827 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I've been waiting y-e-a-r-s to get this, now weeks for final delivery

WEEKS?!? oh no no no no no

#830 8 years ago

There's one in my garage in a red tent

#835 8 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

I just got a jukebox setup on my MALA cabinet:
» YouTube video
Very happy to get that done

Bro, you need to hide that windows boot stuff, google it, it will make it look nice and pretty when starting up

#846 8 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

I own just one Taito Egret 2 candy cabinet, which i completely restored.

AMAZING Restore, I don't think it was that clean when it was built in the factory. Very Very Nice Collection!

I Looked for a candy for 6 years, never found one, so I built 2 and use the xbox 360 in each of them... couldn't find monitors for them either, so I had to use HDTV's but at least I have DDPDFK running beautifully, the rest are ok, but would be much much better on a CRT...

GUYS... That Candy is the equal of a HEP Restore.... again, GREAT JOB!!!

#847 8 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

Not too many shmups fans here, but most are playing the classic arcade games.

yeah, not too many of us

#867 8 years ago

Can I join your club?

Asteroids Deluxe cabaret

image.jpgimage.jpg

#868 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Speaking of which....
Look who finally arrived today
image.jpg image_2.jpg image.jpg

It's about time, I have the full size, been trying to sell it to someone in Pflugerville I think, but not gone yet

#870 8 years ago

Dude, you got rip off, lol

Damn, that was corny

#872 8 years ago

My custom shmups machine... A slim viewlix clone, hand-built since I can't ever find one for sale

image.jpgimage.jpg

#873 8 years ago

Also... My custom viewlix clone fight machine... Also because I can't find one for sale...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#878 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Finished this up today. Just need to apply a midway coin door plate.

image.jpg

Don't the coin door plates rivet on? One day I'll finish ms pac by doing that, did everything else, but that pesky plate

#886 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Originally yes, but the new ones have sticky backs that just go right on. $15 on eBay.
image.jpg

Buddy, do you need some rivets? I know you try to go NOS looking as possible, I have some if you need

2 weeks later
#917 8 years ago

I have a board set, wiring harness and marquee for galaga 3, I'd like to find a cab and control panel for it... But only if I stumble on it for a good price

The likelihood of that happening is almost zero

#919 8 years ago

One of a kind Super Mario Bros 3

Spent a year chasing my tail on the decisions for the graphics. Uses a CRT and an original NES. Not exactly coin op, but looks, plays and sounds amazing
Going up for sale

image.jpgimage.jpg
image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#920 8 years ago

Crazy dupe post

#923 8 years ago

Thanks guys! It's tons of fun, seems I havnt lost my skill on this game

#930 8 years ago
Quoted from dphelps:

I recently acquired a Big Buck Hunter Call of the Wild (2006). It's an upgrade kit in a Big Buck Hunter II cabinet. Not a classic 80's game, but a lot of fun!

image.jpeg

I believe that is the perfect room for that fun game!

1 week later
#948 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i'm looking for a Make Trax mini/cabaret.
PM here

I think I know where a make trax full size is

#950 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I wish I had the space for full size.
I'm barely squeezing them in now

Same here.

I grabbed an empty robotron from a bulk deal a while back. Fully gutted. Not even any back doors. So for fun I put in an Xbox 360 and wired up a few analog controllers. Now I've got geometry wars 1,2,3 and other twin stick shooters running. Pretty fun for a holiday project.

Purists will hate it, but geometry wars with twin sticks is priceless.
No hacking done, can restore back to stock when the itch hits me

I had a 21", 19" viewable view sonic CRT monitor to use, so I get pixels and scan lines and HD

image.jpgimage.jpg
image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg
image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

1 week later
#961 8 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Any advice on what's a good shooting game to get if you only had room for one

We love revolution x at my house, but would really love to have the new terminator game. Police trainer is great fun too

#963 8 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Would a clean looking police trainer 2 for 550 be a good deal. Thank you for the help

Maybe , I'd spend 550 on a nice one, but I'm not in a good location to haggle

#970 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm a little late but that is a very cool SMB3.

Thank you very much.

#977 8 years ago

Eyes is weird, I couldn't get into it

1 week later
#985 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Looking to buy some cabarets before year end. PM me what you have.
Some ideas...
Digdug
Robotron
Make trax
Galaga
Ms pacman /multipac
Battlezone

Cutting it a little close there bubba

#992 8 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Anyone get arcade games for christmas?

I got a PC engine console with a turbo Everdrive

I plan on putting it in a multi boot arcade I'm designing to run an NES and PC engine both with everdrives, and switch Mario bros arcade board in, most likely in a Mario bros widebody... Fully reversible, no hacks

4 months later
#1120 7 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

I picked up a Mech-Tronics Fire Escape last night. Pretty excited about it!

Wow!
That's cool

2 months later
#1167 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I just picked up this machine today. It's structurally in really good nick for it's age besides all the rusted metal parts at least and a rare beast indeed At this stage i'm a bit wary about actually hooking it up to the power, all seems ok inside visually though, no obvious burnt out relays, etc and also looks complete. The more i look at it the more a line from a Foreigner tune comes to mind "I'm in too deep, i'm in over my head this time". This is going to be a LONG TERM project for sure. Does anyone have any leads on where i could find documentation for this machine?? All i've been able to track down is the original flyer!

That side art is insanely awesome!!!

3 weeks later
#1199 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

picked up this conversion cabaret.
anyone have any (original, home-made) art files for it?
-bezel
-side art
-CPO
-other?

Another Name for Tokio is "Scramble Formation"
That might help in your search

Art Searches:

http://arcademarquee.com/?product=tokio-arcade-marquee-26-x-8

https://www.hyperspace80s.com/games/51

http://www.emuparadise.me/M.A.M.E._-_Multiple_Arcade_Machine_Emulator_ROMs/Tokio_--_Scramble_Formation/17555

3 weeks later
#1229 7 years ago

I almost lost my asteroids deluxe, I took it to my dads office, it's been in the storage area for years hidden amongst boxes... (Still plays great)

I was rummaging through that storage area for some things for our company and I see the game there, all the high scores of course my dads, he walks in and says he's been hiding in here a lot to play the game, in the dark, with no one else around, only storage junk in a small hallway behind a conference area. He says that he's put hundreds of hours on it and keeps referring it as "his" machine. We "discussed" it for a while and he is convinced that it's his game. I produced the key for it a few weeks later and took him to the game, I pulled it away from the wall and removed the back door, I discovered previously that the space shroud in the game had fallen over and I pushed it back into place. He stands in front of the game and can now see the space background and exclaims " holy crap! I forgot it had that in there!!" I told him again, " dad, it's my game", he walks away and still says "no it's not, my name is all over the screen"

#1231 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That sit down RoadBlasters is sick.
I absolutely love the classics you guys are into, I was born in 77, I grew up playing a lot of it, really nice stuff. Right now I'm off in the other direction, my only vid is an Astro City (sit down Japanese cab, a "candy cab" if you're not familiar) I'm running a Darksoft CPS2 and a kick harness for the extra row of buttons. I play a lot of Street Fighter Alpha 3 on it, right now I'm playing Pro Gear, which is a great kind of steam punky Cave shooter. And it's horizontal, so I don't have to mess with tating the monitor.
I'm acquiring the parts to do a Darksoft CPS3 board, will mostly play Third Strike on it, but why not have access to funky fighters like the Jojo games and Warzard/Red Earth too?
I can get another candy cab, just debating if I have the space. Would love to single player control panel them both and link them.

Beautiful Aurich!

5 months later
#1349 7 years ago

Took a while, but I finally snatched it up

IMG_3904 (resized).JPGIMG_3904 (resized).JPG

IMG_3906 (resized).JPGIMG_3906 (resized).JPG

IMG_3905 (resized).JPGIMG_3905 (resized).JPG

IMG_3907 (resized).JPGIMG_3907 (resized).JPG

IMG_3908 (resized).JPGIMG_3908 (resized).JPG

#1352 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Neat game! I love the shape of that cabinet. I played Combat countless hours on my 2600.

That's exactly why I wanted it!!

I loved combat, it was the first video game I ever played, that includes arcades. My dad drug out the 2600 when I was just old enough to understand. Then bam! I was hooked, I never forgot how cool I thought it was

#1353 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Dragon's Lair! Installed a N.O.S. CPO on this baby. I scanned it first though.
The only licensed CPO available out there is way off and it has hairs in the artwork when it was scanned.

Great work on this! And the Super PAC!

Good to see you're still rolling these out

#1359 7 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Do handheld games count for this thread???
Btw, I installed an adapter for each game so these are battery-free! Huzzah!

Awesome! That's the way to do it!

you should make a really cool display to display all of those on since it looks like you are near or at a full collection; especially since they are all in really nice condition

#1360 7 years ago

I just saw this... think I laughed for about 2.5 minutes

both for ingenuity, and ridiculousness

arcade_bookcase (resized).jpgarcade_bookcase (resized).jpg

#1368 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

damn thing looks brand new.

Fizgig, I mean Pacman, doesn't believe in looking used

#1370 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what does something like that even sell for? Arcades are usually pretty cheap. Not often you see stuff like this restored. Usually they are Trons, Dragons lairs or Star Wars. Wouldnt' even know where to start with something like this.

You should look back through this thread and go look up his back log on klov... your jaw will hit the floor

#1374 7 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

I have a Rollergames that I bought to go with my Rollergames pin.

It's a fun game, but I am not a huge Arcade fan. Now that Rollergames has found a new home, I've been trying to sell it. I couldn't get $200 for it on CL or here and it still has a decent CRT.

I'm just going to convert it to a Multicade to get it sold.

that's too bad... maybe post it on KLOV forum for a few weeks, I bet theres a roller games junkie there

1 week later
#1382 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Never seen one before, what is it.

Looks like Ferrari f355 challenge racing sim, cool game!!

#1391 7 years ago

Nice robotron!

#1411 7 years ago
Quoted from Joey_N:

I've been collecting for nearly 20yrs and have YET to come across a Sinistar, so I have collected every piece except the wood of the cabinet.
Plan is to scratch build a new cabinet, using my Bubbles as a template, and will have to figure out the change for the monitor shelf.
Hacked control panel, untested boards, build a new cabinet and stencil it.. how much time could it possibly take????

about 10-20 hours to build the cabinet from scratch, stencil graphics and paint 3-8 hours depending on experience.

all you need though is a williams cabinet that will fit your control panel ( you do have an original sinistar control panel right?) if not get one, they're not exactly easy to make or source parts for. to my knowledge sinistar, and moon patrol, and maybe bubbles used the same cabinet... (joust and robotron used the same cabs in most cases and are wider than the sinistar and moon patrol cabs)

but then again.... you've been collecting for 20 years, so you most likely know more than I do

#1414 7 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

You do know that the cabinet for Sinistar is narrower than all the other Williams cabinets of that era.

its the same as moon patrol, I have had both, there are some instances where Williams created 2 cabinets that were very similar with slight variances, and then placed either game in both cabinets

#1415 7 years ago
Quoted from Joey_N:

I'd convert a crappy Moon Patrol cabinet if I could find one, but I'll have to build one. I have Bubbles, so can flush trim the sides with that as a template and basically copy that, except for the monitor shelf position. Have pics I've saved, and can probably get the position figured out.
I have a swiss cheesed Sinistar panel that I'll repair, a joystick, a repro overlay. Have an untested boardset and nearly a 2nd one. Nice marquee, decent bezel, and all the cabinet parts I need from a parted out MP cab. I think it will be an easier one to paint, since the entire thing is black, before stencils!

sounds like a lot of fun, post here when you get it finished up!

#1446 7 years ago

I agree with both of you guys!

I have a mix of both worlds... it's nice having super punchout and tempest sandwiching a jamma cab I can swap whatever I want into

1 month later
#1533 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Sure does MP, usually a slight orange glow.

Yessir, it's called (get ready for it)... Neck Glow

3 months later
#1622 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Lots of Tempest love in our house right now!

Nice cig holder!

1 month later
#1684 6 years ago

I've been playing a lot of qix in mame and on my arcadeSD board lately, kind of itching to find an original upright.

Anyone have any tips on strategy? My best is anywhere between 105,000 and 194,000 points. I'd love to discuss some strategy if anyone has some skill

1 month later
#1700 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I've been playing a lot of qix in mame and on my arcadeSD board lately, kind of itching to find an original upright.
Anyone have any tips on strategy? My best is anywhere between 105,000 and 194,000 points. I'd love to discuss some strategy if anyone has some skill

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Use fast draw to create walls in the centre and then close off the area using slow draw. This will get you a lot of points in the first two rounds. You can do rthis when you get to the split Qix levels, but it's a lot harder. (watch the ad mode to see how to use the fast / slow draw for maximum slow draw percentages).

And the arcade version blows away the X in One boards / MAME versions. The arcade version plays better and has more flexability ffor the difficulty settings.

I got a down vote for that?

Tough crowd, several posts after mine and folks are listing mame setups and 60-1’s . Guess the stakes are higher for Qix.

I’ve been looking for an original Qix for a decade, there’s nothing out my way. So I have to settle sometimes if I just want to play a certain game, never mind the few dozen original arcades I own and restored.

I make trees and fill in the branches on my lines, it’s worked well, I just like to see how others play as well

Quoted from Mrbill:

Before you say multiboards are not as good, have you played the jrok taito multi? It should be 100% exact. All his other multis are.
The only Taito I want to keep is zookeeper, and the only way I would keep it is jrok. My last real taito was frontline.

Good to know, I forget about the jrok boards

1 week later
#1703 6 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Not on here much anymore because I have shifted focus to collect a few arcades. Just got this going tonight, still doing work to them, but they are playable. Also waiting for shipment of a pair of Initial D 4's. Will eventually convert them to a newer version such as 8.

Wicked!

3 weeks later
#1725 6 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Been thinking about getting an arcade game, and I was offered a NFL blitz today for $75.00. Game needs a new monitor or LCD conversion so the owner says. What are your thoughts on that? I'm new to arcade games so I don't know where to source parts etc.

why are you still sitting at a computer. GO GET IT, ask questions later... HOPE the Cabinet and control panel are in good shape

#1729 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Anyone else have a Trog?

I did a while back, don’t know who has it now

1 month later
#1825 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

I have a 60 in 1 game, the games look, play and sound just like I remember when I was a kid. What’s crap about them? Or maybe you’re talking about something different from what I have. I ask because this is my first arcade machine and am not very knowledgeable yet. Mine is JAMMA if that matters. Is that better than MAME? I would like to get a machine that plays games in the horizontal orientation and was considering one that had a lot more than my 60 in 1, something like a Game Gate. Should I be looking at something different? I appreciate any education you can send my way. Thanks.

Just curious if you’ve played an original donkey Kong and then played your 60-1, you’ll be surprised at the difference, I think.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

I think if you did it right and maybe dedicated one cabinet to each:
1. driving games
2. fighting games
3. retro games with less than 3 buttons (donkey kong, pac-man)
4. trackball games (missle command, crystal castles, marble madness)
5. spinner games (tempest, arkanoid, tron)
you would be in good shape. I don't need to play on real hardware because the frame rate is truer. I don't need the real shaped cabinet it was in originally, I don't need to see the marquee for that game (though I have seen videos where the marquee was an LCD that changed with game selection):
» YouTube video

I started doing this exact thing... it’s taken years, I have a centipede that looks factory, plays Everything with a trackball and 3 buttons.

Tron with original controls that has every game utilizing those controls... (Arkanoid and tempest suck on it... originals are much better)

Dynamo cabinet with original crt monitor with 2 player controls and a hyperspin setup with mame, Naomi, snes, nes, turbografx 16 etc .

Super punchout using original boards and a mame setup to play punchout and arm wrestling

A vewlix clone with a jtag xbox360 for all modern fighting games

A slim vewlix clone for vertical shmups using a jtag xbox360.

Robotron with xbox360 and crt monitor, with original hori Naomi analog joysticks hacked into the Xbox 360 pads. Plays robotron, geometry wars 1,2,3. And a ton of other 2 stick games

A fix it Felix jr, with a hyperspin mame setup, it’s all custom, and amazing... I say this and I’m mostly a purist when it comes to classics especially when it comes to controls. the expense was too great when I started this hobby, now I wish I had all dedicated games, but I’m happy with what I have, and it all works great.

Going to have 2 driving cabs with mame and xboxes, already have the project cabinets

Also have many original games and hope to add more.

#1837 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Anyone have opinions on the units from arcades r fun?
Arcadesrfun.com

Don’t do it.

#1854 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

So I get an emoji and a don't do it response. Care to expand on don't do it just a bit?
Crappy product?
Crappy company?
Just a dislike of mames?

Quoted from Reznnate:

If you are aiming for a world record, you should dedicate the space for the real game. Otherwise, I think the majority of people will prefer the variety that a good, quality multi-game can provide. I have a dozen dedicated games I LOVE, but I'm the only who plays them. My friends and family would rather play Frogger or Pacman or Galaga.
I have no experience with the company you linked buy I do know that https://dreamauthentics.com/ make a quality product.
My suggestions are:
-focus your attention on quality control panel parts
-a trackball is nice, but very few games use it (if you use a PC for mouse as well)
-a spinner and flight stick clutter the control panel and very few games use them
-avoid 4p panels (too big, expensive, rarely used)
-go with 4:3 LCD if 19"
-if you are capable, avoid X in 1 boards and setup the computer/software yourself -- and in this case, look for used MAME cabinets on craigslist

< these are good ideas.

Guts
Original > pc mame > rpi > xxxxIn1 board

Controls
Original > every thing else

If you play classics that usually require a 4 way use a 4 way, not an 8 way joystick

CRT is king, but sometimes in some cases lcd if you’re on a deserted island like I am, only one of my classic games has one

Cabinet
Original > self researched angles for personal preference > manufactured aftermarket

It’s a terrible thing watching people play Tron with out the original cabinet / controls

2 months later
#1978 6 years ago

PACMAN I don’t know what to say, as always wow... are you starting to run out of room yet?

1 week later
#1984 6 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Now my PacMan Battle Royal is 61 in 1.

Does it also play battle Royale?

I’m guessing it does, do you have a switcher?

#1986 6 years ago

... when arcade and Pinball collectors collide!

(Reaching for popcorn, I haven’t seen this movie since byoac members posted ‘holy shit buttons’ and ‘Fix it Felix Jr’ on klov)

C3B47775-17A9-41C7-9385-5A9CB894A6E0 (resized).pngC3B47775-17A9-41C7-9385-5A9CB894A6E0 (resized).png

#1993 6 years ago
Quoted from Deltron:

I just finished up a one of a kind Nintendo VS Star Wars multi vector.

Multi vector?? Please explain

2 weeks later
#2070 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Here's the poster. Only one i've ever seen.

Wow, wow , wow!!! That has been on my radar for years... I even planned one day to build my own with a large flat screen...

Please count me in on the poster.

Man I’d love to have scans or high quality photos of the art so I could scratch build it correctly one day...

Thank you for sharing this, I know you post a lot of rare brilliant stuff, but this one tops it for me

... I did a quick google on this poster because I knew I had seen it somewhere

https://www.redbubble.com/people/slippytee/works/20845723-darius?p=poster&finish=semi_gloss&size=large

Same??? Scratches on the image a watermark?

#2073 6 years ago

So... just so you know how much a fan I am of shmups...

Next to my side of the bed is my custom build shmups arcade, single player, Japanese Xbox 360 installed with a personal custom modded sanwa JLF joy and super short throw Japanese buttons... that’s right, I put an arcade in my bedroom to play shmups on. Laying in bed posting this... snapped a pic in the dark. Didn’t even wake up the wife, lol.

A5AAD168-D27A-4F36-97FD-CF12EEC16DDC (resized).jpegA5AAD168-D27A-4F36-97FD-CF12EEC16DDC (resized).jpeg

3 months later
#2123 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Just finished my second Star Wars. Original cabinet with new screen printed art for marquee, yoke and control panel. Boards and Amplifone monitor rebuilt and bullet proofed. Controls rebuilt with NOS parts. This is for sale.

Beautiful! How much... ebay again?

1 week later
#2126 5 years ago

Gracious!!! That is a beautiful machine

#2134 5 years ago

These are kind of gimmicky, but so what. I own the originals of most of these games, but I just ordered all five that are available.

Perfect height for the kids to play, and I won’t mind their friends banging around on them.

https://www.arcade1up.com

They show final fight, but I can’t find it available , they do have a galaga machine available, but don’t show pics.

9414BF7F-D3B9-4BD0-A55C-2E6E4358C849 (resized).png9414BF7F-D3B9-4BD0-A55C-2E6E4358C849 (resized).png
1 week later
#2154 5 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Wow, too small, imho. Even if you can buy a 'gaming throne'/riser, it'll still be too short. Almost looks like a classic cabaret. And $500 each at Walmart; pass.
[quoted image]

Quoted from Malenko:

Final Fight is delayed till next year. I think Final Fight cab has the best selection of games.

They are $299 a pop (in the USA) I thought with conversion rates and stuff it was closer to $400 for America's Hat?

Again... Im not going to play these if I keep them, they are for kids, 4 to 10 year olds that are short, and are the perfect size to play these games. also, kids are hard on games, even if you teach them to be kind to them, they have a way about them; sticky hands and sneezes and coughs and dirtiness and such, these games will deter them from the games the adults will want to be playing... see where Im going with this... these are not for adults, nor should they be marketed for adults, but the layman adult does not know the difference between a CRT and an LCD when it comes to arcades, or vector graphics for that matter, kids don't either, nor do they care, nor do they finish playing a single quarter on the pins unless Im coaching them. Adults are going to buy them, and want to re-live what we live every day if we choose, we all know its a cheap substitute in every way, but to me its a cheap investment to draw the kids to what they actually want and away from the art (arcades and pins) I have invested so much in to.

I think these are amazing for what I plan to use them for, others may disagree or not understand.

#2163 5 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

I have around 20 arcade games (primarily vid collector) and I am happy to have kids beat on them...sticky hands and everything....the machines were designed to be played in an arcade...they are not museum pieces...at least to me anyway

I agree with you for the most part, mostly on my end; my friends and family come over to play, the kids immediately jump on the games, and the adults just stand around and watch them, and then pull them away from them, scared they'll mess something up, I tell them its good for the kids to play them, but alas, no wins.... I'm hoping the kids will gravitate toward the little ones their size and the adults actually play the originals.

#2164 5 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Now I want to build a 1/2 size arcade! Like a playhouse, mini bar, only serve 6oz cans of pop, get a mini keg, and even some 6oz beers glasses. We can service those 4” Red Barron pizzas, and mini tacos. Get a child’s set of table and chairs, and a couple of 2’ bean bag chairs. If you look hard maybe you can find a 24” tv and make a small entertainment center.
It a damn good thing my kids are past the playhouse stage of it would be my next project!

bro, only if you do a short ceiling, yes, that would be for the win!

#2166 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Custom Super Mario cabinet in a new cabinet.
Its going on route soon too!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

What board/ system is running in it?

3 weeks later
#2189 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Turned it into this...[quoted image][quoted image]

#2211 5 years ago

We need to change this thread... “PacMan is Arcade HEP”

Well done sir

#2231 5 years ago

I saw a reactor for sale on Facebook in the dfw ads today, wow! That’s a beautiful game

#2233 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Nice! How much? I think i forked out $3k for mine.

$3500 I believe

2 months later
#2268 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

And last but not least....
ebay.com link
[quoted image]

Nibbler, that art work is maddening awesome

#2270 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

thanks! It was fun to create. My inspiration was a pug dog.

Lol, nice! I can totally see it, so fun

#2276 5 years ago

Nice work PacMan!

#2279 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Thanks my man. 3 more going up soon.

Dang boy! Movin big bodies!

2 months later
#2341 5 years ago

Nice work Pac!

I love moon patrol, it took me a decade to finally find one In fair shape ... yours is beautiful, love those graphics

1 month later
#2407 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Thanks. These were some of favorites when I was younger. Spy Hunter is great, but it currently has an issue with hum coming from the speakers that I'm troubleshooting through. Apparently that's a common issue with Midway games of this Era when using a switching power supply.

Quoted from DeeGor:

Yeah, I've tried that and a few other things. None of the fixes I found worked for me. I managed to eliminate 80% of the noise by removing the 12v bulbs and replacing them with LEDs. It's not a fix, but a workaround that I can live with.

I just got a spy hunter , sound hum is low and high pitch and is driving me crazy. Any help you guys have here is most appreciated

I’ll try the cap trick out, maybe that will help

#2408 5 years ago

These 2 games have been facing each other for years, now for the first time, they are side by side

96018FE5-EABB-43BE-9F63-0C5EC500CEB0 (resized).jpeg96018FE5-EABB-43BE-9F63-0C5EC500CEB0 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#2470 4 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Almost there.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where on earth did you find all those monitors!?

Great work by the way! That’s a huge task

#2482 4 years ago

Beautiful, perfection

3 weeks later
#2519 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

pics as promised
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I miss mine, it was almost as clean. Don’t miss it enough to track down another, had a ton of fun with it, on to different things

Great looking example!!!

1 month later
#2544 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:All Nintendo
Red tent with rare Playchoice 10 Kit
Super System NSS
Countertop Playchoice 10
Mario Bros Wide Body
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr
Dual Playchoice 10
60-1 cocktail table
If anyone is interested in an one of mine let me know I am always up for trades[quoted image]

What’s the deal? No dk3?!

1 month later
#2589 4 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

KLOV can suck it!

Hahahahaha.... they’re calling you Batman, (with regrets) lol

Some of those guys are pricks (or have small pricks).
DFDFB207-62FC-4418-840A-147C3FF6004F (resized).pngDFDFB207-62FC-4418-840A-147C3FF6004F (resized).png

#2606 4 years ago

Want mad planets, want discs of tron

Want my damn Nintendo row of games restored and slid into the row in my game room..

Want to sell spy hunter, and turbo outrun!

1 month later
#2631 4 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Hey guys, i'm moving on from Pinside for my arcade art and restoration stuff.
You will be able to find me here:
https://www.facebook.com/lostarcade/?view_public_for=2070619203248630
Going to have a ridiculous amount of content, pix, info, events, etc.

No way!!! We will miss you here bud... I will hop over to FB to hang out

1 week later
#2638 4 years ago
Quoted from pycur:

Hi there! I just got a Time Crisis 2 Deluxe 50" dual game. And everything was fine, until about 10 minutes. After that the right monitor lost the game's signal. And I can't find out how to start the checking. Can anyone help me, or tell me a place where I can find a specialist who will answer me? The red lines are other problem with a game panel, and will be replaced.
Thanks![quoted image]

You need to go to the Klov forums, they have really good experts there that can help

#2639 4 years ago

Finally after 2 years I pulled it out of storage and got it up and running!

7B256D53-2950-42A5-B01C-B7B67FEA1628 (resized).jpeg7B256D53-2950-42A5-B01C-B7B67FEA1628 (resized).jpegC1E18508-C602-4011-91D0-59CD8E74ABD0 (resized).jpegC1E18508-C602-4011-91D0-59CD8E74ABD0 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2652 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Wow I never knew that existed well used to exist. Looked like fun.

It’s cool, the only real
Draw is for the vector breakout, otherwise mine stays on the latest version of tempest

3 weeks later
#2686 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

PANDORA's BOX!?
YEA OR NAY?

Nay for sake of bad emulation and cheap over all feel

Yea for cheap cheap price tag

1 week later
#2696 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I think that part of the grief comes from the guys using cheap, crappy 60-in-1's in a cabinet and then charging an arm and a leg for it. the phoenix arcade arcade sd is a nice solution for those looking to jam more than 2-3 games into a single cabinet using a board switcher. I know a number of people who flip cabinets for a living and will pop in one of the cheap chinese 60-in-1 boards and set it to a single game to sell the cabinet to an unsuspecting (and unknowledgable) person rather than fix the original board sets. they then sell off the original board set to double-dip.
personally, I think using an LCD panel over a raster tube is the larger crime in terms of an arcade cabinet

I couldn’t agree more.

Unfortunately there’s such popularity built around the 60-1 that I even run into people I know and respect that are successful in their fields , and they have money to spare and they still hope for a possibility of having a 60-1 Machine . I educate them from time to time, and they say “meh, it seems good enough to get by”.

I love the arcade SD, very very accurate emulation.

I also like nice powerful mame builds. (I’m still wandering how to get screen tearing to stop. If anyone has good advise please let me know).

<- good emulation, but still not original and as perfect as the experience can be

1 month later
#2713 4 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

New member of our family[quoted image]

The anticipation!!!

#2714 4 years ago

Our newest

31E3A6A4-15DA-4E6C-B0A4-06EA6700B71B (resized).jpeg31E3A6A4-15DA-4E6C-B0A4-06EA6700B71B (resized).jpeg
#2718 4 years ago

Robot Ron (the protector of the last family on earth) is an old friend of mine, I’ve then since grown to love geometry wars 1,2. As well as ultratron.

4 weeks later
#2759 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Here is a shot of my Mad Planets control panel installed. I was even able to light it up since it was originally a Gorf joystick. Optical joysticks really are the best. I actually made it plug and play with the factory Qbert wire harness. Qbert used a 9 pin connector but only uses 7 pins. I added 2 more. 5 Volt for the optical joystick / spinner and a trigger fire button. It takes about a minute to switch back to the OEM Qbert control panel.
[quoted image]

That’s awesome! Change the marquee and call it a day

1 month later
#2777 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That button / joystick placement is cray cray!

#2780 4 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

I am very excited about the launch of the documentary film: Welcome to Arcadia. The scope of the subject matter is tremendous and the footage is unprecedented for a movie about our hobby. I'm one of the film's advisor.
Please feel free to share this link of the trailer on social media, if you like what you see and/or support the project. Thanks.
https://www.arcadiathemovie.com

I watched it, it’s very good

#2794 4 years ago
Quoted from I-Closed-Wolskis:

I built this TMNT cab, wasn't willing to pay $$$$ for an original, runs on a raspberry pi 3. I threw on several classic 80-90s beat em ups as well. (X-Men,Simpsons,Punisher,AvsP,Turtles in Time,etc..). Cost roughly $300.00 for all materials. It was a fun project, it forces you to learn quite a bit in subjects such as carpentry, programming, electrical.[quoted image][quoted image]

Way to go! I love seeing projects like this. Eat that; Arcade1Up

#2800 4 years ago

8 years ago I bought a gutted robotron then 2 years later traded that for a very nice gutted robotron.

I immediately stuffed it with a crt and Xbox 360 so I could play the updated robotron and geometry wars 2 in it. Problems was you need to hack a controller and install analog joysticks for everything to work properly. Try finding analog joysticks, you will have a very hard time. I finally found a set in Japan and went through the 3 month wait it took to get them stateside. Installed them over several weeks of trial and error and could never get the pots to work with the console correctly. So then the machine sat in the corner of my sons room for 5 years unplayed while I would research and come up empty every time.

Coronavirus strikes and now I have some free time to research further ; there’s a guy online that built a geometry wars machine from scratch on commission 5 years ago, haha... I contact him and ask how he got the sticks working and he Guided me to the answer .. a device called cronus; it helps with customizing controllers for consoles... a week later and I am finally able to play updated robotron and geometry wars on a medical grade awesome crt in my robotron cab... the cab was not harmed in the process, and can be restored to original robotron if I ever get the itch.
3A25E666-8A68-4679-A277-A15EFC9E0C87 (resized).jpeg3A25E666-8A68-4679-A277-A15EFC9E0C87 (resized).jpeg

#2805 4 years ago
Quoted from LeChuck:

Maybe it's the sign of a good game, but that one completely pisses me off every time I play it. It doesn't seem like it should be that hard, but no matter what I do I die over and over from cheap shots and stupidity. Seeing it in your photo now is raising my blood pressure

Yes! This!

I immediately thought, “that looks really nice, wait a sec, I suck at that game!”

1 week later
#2827 3 years ago

Just got a few more...

06E46F2D-18DC-46C5-9412-13FEF26DFE34 (resized).jpeg06E46F2D-18DC-46C5-9412-13FEF26DFE34 (resized).jpegC26E29C2-5888-47B9-A6DB-15A498AFA41A (resized).jpegC26E29C2-5888-47B9-A6DB-15A498AFA41A (resized).jpeg
#2836 3 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

ohhh....i see what you did there......

Nice guys, thank you

#2838 3 years ago

I built this thing...

2 mame computers with hyperspin setups plus a kvm hooked to a button.

The kvm button is pressed and both players become combined to have the same image on each screen, and become player 1 and player 2 on the same pc.

Press the button again and both players have independent setups to choose their own game.

5E8C1478-26A6-4BF9-A06E-1933B22B83DB (resized).jpeg5E8C1478-26A6-4BF9-A06E-1933B22B83DB (resized).jpegF5975603-678A-4856-AD08-058A6D6EDE16 (resized).jpegF5975603-678A-4856-AD08-058A6D6EDE16 (resized).jpeg

#2839 3 years ago

I also have this Robotron / xbox360 / geometry wars 2

#2841 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

A proper Geometry Wars arcade cabinet with sick art and cool lighting accents would be sweet.
Are your sticks on that thing analog?

Yessir, a big pain, but worth it

2 months later
#2942 3 years ago

I went to the National video game museum in Frisco Texas, they have a great Dragons Lair wall

4D66E9AE-717D-41E6-B1E6-F3A950C1B7CF (resized).jpeg4D66E9AE-717D-41E6-B1E6-F3A950C1B7CF (resized).jpegEB363391-95FC-48EA-9278-3DC92A82DF31 (resized).jpegEB363391-95FC-48EA-9278-3DC92A82DF31 (resized).jpeg
#2943 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Here's my one and only.
It's actually a 48 in 1 game.
I assembled it, as you can obviously see, from a number of different games that were sitting in a warehouse that would otherwise have been thrown away. I'm guessing the marquee and monitor glass may have some value to them. The wood paneling vinyl was coming off in a lot of places so just spray painted some textured paint throughout.
Since the game was originally a horizontal monitor I had to mount the chassis to the side of the cabinet perpendicular since a vertical orientation got in the way of the flat back door. The monitor was actually part of the last CRT production runs by Vision Pro.
[quoted image]

A company called 2bit has a stack of nos Pac-Man cabaret marquees they sell, if you’re looking to finish out the theme of your Pac-Man cabaret machine

1 month later
#3000 3 years ago
Quoted from joemagiera:

There are many, but to name a few off the top of my head...
Marble Madness (the best!)
Joust
Joust 2
Great Guns
Splat (extremely rare, you aren't finding it except on MAME)
Rampart (really good game, give it a try!)
Tetris
Pong
Tank
Canyon Bomber (simple but very fun black & white game)
Indy 8
Space War
Space Wars
Orbit
Atari Basketball
Atari Football
Quarterback
Bottom Of The Ninth
I'm sure I'll think of a dozen more as soon as I hit "post reply".
Joe

Which version of tetris can be played 2 player on a normal cab?

3 months later
#3063 3 years ago

About to line up dk, dk jr, dk3, Mario bros, super punch out

The Dk’s have been in storage a while waiting for me to fix them up... photos coming soon after the migration from my shop to my house

1 week later
#3074 3 years ago

I just slid in my dk3 and dkjr
... soon dk
After collecting parts and cabs for years, I finally pulled this off.

Being way way out in the sticks, there’s no games to find, I’ve traveled far to acquire all of them, each is special and has its story, especially when some have to be sold or traded to achieve a better quality piece. Then some are fully restored or just cleaned really well.

CA45D077-E0E5-44EC-900C-CC8F37B2D120 (resized).jpegCA45D077-E0E5-44EC-900C-CC8F37B2D120 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3079 3 years ago

Covid boredom has forced me to restore my $400 Wacko. I took it completely apart, fixed all the crappy particle board and polished all the metal. It was a total repaint and all new art. Took me about 60 hours.

Very nice!

I spent the last 5 or 6 weeks getting my Nintendo row out of storage, cleaned, fixed, and new parts, almost finished... next is my dual monitor playchoice 10

F50F9FDD-35C4-482B-B22D-12406BD73C53 (resized).jpegF50F9FDD-35C4-482B-B22D-12406BD73C53 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#3101 3 years ago

Playchoice 10 is pretty much finished! The Nintendo row/corner is complete (for now)

AD5DF5CE-27BE-44F7-B6E6-4F1970CCDBCF (resized).jpegAD5DF5CE-27BE-44F7-B6E6-4F1970CCDBCF (resized).jpeg
#3111 3 years ago

https://gamehistory.org/powerupbaseball/

Lost arcade... powerup Baseball (think nba jam for baseball)

1 week later
#3121 3 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

I think I’m going to be selling my arcade games:
Road blasters
Twin eagle
Aero fighters
Any comments on pricing relative to road blasters? Nice upright cabinet all around, all original, works great.

I sold a nice roadblasters for $900 last year

3 weeks later
#3152 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Hello Everyone -
Just putting some feelers out there...I am offering my factory original Nintendo Radar Scope upright with 5 speaker slots for cash or for trade. For those who do not know the history, this was Nintendo's first true arcade cabinet sold in the U.S. Produced in Qty 3,000 in late 1979 in Japan and shipped over to Nintendo's warehouse in NJ, only 1,000 were sold. Nintendo had to scramble to come up with a new game to retrofit this commercial failure so they could sell the remaining units. Shigeru Miyamoto was brought in to come up with a game that could use the same cabinet, and as a result, Donkey Kong kits were factory retrofitted to the unsold Radar Scope cabinets and the rest is history.
So why just the feelers? If the market isn't there for this particular game today, I have no problem keeping it and installing a DK3 in it for the foreseeable future.
Why am I considering selling? That is simple...I have two!
Trades...right now I'm only really interested in a Rick and Morty pin (I would provide a cash equalizer).
PM me with questions and stay safe! I posted a few photos in the imgur link below. More photos available upon request.
- Original Red finish is unrestored and still has its rich color. Some minor bumps and bruises as expected with age.
- Original marquee, colors are vibrant with no visible fading
- Original bezel, with only minor surface scratches. No noticeable scratches are visible in the viewing area.
- Original Control Panel plastic overlay, with some minor cigarette burns and other minor imperfections
- Original Radar Scope two way joystick, has been fully rebuilt and cleaned
- Original PP7-A power supply unit has been recapped in the last year and is working as it should with optimal voltages
- Original black ISO transformer
- Original Asahi Seiko coin mechs
- Original 4 stack PCB has been recently serviced and is working as it should
- Original Sanyo monitor has a nice bright picture and no noticeable screen burn
- Original metal serial tag still intact
- Original operator’s manual included
- Original wiring harness installed
- Wood control panel, 1-player 2-player, fire buttons and holders, reg. sticker, and insert coin stickers are from Mike’s Arcade.
- Light fixture behind the marquee was replaced with a more efficient LED fixture
- New true flat T molding from Chomping Quarters
- New speaker included
- New Control panel harness by Tony Swann
- Minor restoration done to the metal accents (paint) and the back door was repainted black.
https://imgur.com/7XzgbpD
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Gorgeous, thank you for sharing

1 month later
#3225 2 years ago
Quoted from erak:

More mame than arcade. But I built this over the last month.
I always wanted an Aliens extermination. So I decided to build one. I 3d printed a topper and some other stuff. And bought a cheap multi kit from China. And painted the guns.
The bottom is from an old xenophobe cabinet. And I threw a fridge in the bottom just to have one in the games room, and not waste space.
Plays house of the dead 3, farcry paradise lost, and aliens extermination.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, great job! I’m dying to do that project! I may reach out in the future to ask a few questions on the setup... curious if you have the ability to add older mame shooters as well?revolution x, t2 and such

1 week later
#3273 2 years ago
Quoted from Junkhauler:

Picked this up on a road trip.....
The wife was sooooo proud of me
Been looking for one for years.....

Good looking space!
Nothing like making a game room in West Texas

3 months later
#3336 2 years ago

I’m going to put this out there.

Original boards>fpga (bitkit, mister, others)>arcadesd >mame on pc>raspberryPi>60-1 (all Chinese multi game boards)

10 months later
#3632 1 year ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Here are some of my arcade machines.
[quoted image]

So many great things going on here!

I had an eftpotrm a while back, love that game! NARC! I’ve never seen or played one, that game has been a white whale in my world

#3639 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

I have an original ms pac man stand up arcade. I replaced the joystick sleeve and grommet and i still dont like the feeling. Its floppy and not precise.
Any recommandation on upgrade ?
Thanks

The original is always best, adjust it to perfection... if you still don’t like it, try out groovygamegear pac pro, it’s a modern take on the original, but with micro switches

#3646 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Picked this up yesterday to add to my black and white arcade game collection (which is one of my main collecting areas).
Tora Tora
Its basically the attack on Pearl Harbor as a video game.
Similar game play to Space invaders, only the moon bases are a row of US battleships and your being attacked by Japanese zeros in groups of three.
There’s even a single plane that comes down that’s a kamikaze and crashes into your ships.
Very excited about this one.
Really friggin rare.[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow!

I dont say that often, that looks amazing, I’ve never heard of it, and I’ve heard of and played almost everything

This reminds me this email I got this morning...

“ For military members deployed during World War II, familiar entertainment from beloved musicians was hard to find.
Enter V-Disc, a record label created by the American military during World War II to boost soldier morale while abroad. From 1943 to 1949, many popular artists recorded with friends and acquaintances at rival record labels. By the end of the decade, however, the masters had been destroyed and any existing V-Discs at military bases discarded.

Luckily, the Internet Archive’s Great 78 Project features a large number of these V-Disc recordings, which range from military marching songs to love ballads, and big band to swing. Below are just a handful of the V-Discs available to browse–but you can see the full collection here!”

https://archive.org/details/georgeblood?query=Publisher%3AVdisc*

#3648 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I would think this would not be very popular among WWII veterans, which may attest to why its so rare today.
I can only envision a Pearl Harbor vet walking into an arcade and bowling alley and being like "What the flying F......?).
This came out around the same time period where games like Death Race was being removed from arcades for violence because the cars were running over people. I love this sort of stuff and its one of the major things I collect.
Going to open her up and do some work on her this weekend.
I took the lower back door off to tuck in the power cable before I moved it. and its pretty dusty inside.
She plays, but needs cleaned up and the monitor re-capped.
Also, Its a mirrored game, but either the bulb or starter is burnt out.
I asked the guy if it had a colored background and he did not know.
When I had the lower back door off, I could see the edges of the black light reactive background, but couldn't tell what the art looked like.
Can't find a video of it online either.
Guess I will find out this weekend.

Some games are definitely done in bad taste. This one is no exception, I love it for the history. But yes very poor taste. I’m really excited to see what you find as far as the inner design, space invaders was so cool when I first saw it had the UV reactive display on the inside of the cabinet, I hope the interior is in great shape

9 months later
#4103 11 months ago
Quoted from Lamonsoff:

Can finally call this one done. Fun rare Exidy game. [quoted image]

I think I have a poster for that game somewhere

2 weeks later
#4132 11 months ago

Gracious!

3 weeks later
#4185 10 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'm finally getting around to restoring my atari warlords cocktail. with the exception of a new cabinet (markrl), glass and cpo's (phoenix arcade) and metal work (takeman) from KLoV, everything else is original.
with regards to applying cpo decals, since these are so large and have multiple bends, what is the best way to do this without the possibility of issues?
I've restored 2 machines prior and while they came out really nice, applying the decals was the only step where I wish there was some forgiveness. (once you start to lay down the cpo, there is no turning back with that 3M adhesive.)

Rapid tac

Gold Label Detailing Rapid Tac Vinyl Wrap Application Fluid Kit with Squeegee and Towel https://a.co/d/25hmegX

I install difficult cpo’s with this stuff, takes the alignment problem out of the equation

1 week later
#4209 10 months ago

I have an alfa 4C , not even a backglass can fit in it! But it sure is fun and looks great

I’ve got a tundra to haul pins and arcades, it requires a lot of strength to get machines in and out

#4210 10 months ago

Anyone else build their own arcade machines?

IMG_3206 (resized).jpegIMG_3206 (resized).jpeg
#4219 10 months ago
Quoted from Envy-Me:

I built a Pac-Man Battle Royale last year. There is a hacked version of the steam game that lets it play in cocktail mode. I found a wooden bed frame on the side of the road during COVID when lumber was expensive. $10 thrift store TV. Free pinball glass I had laying around for the top and some cheap amazon joysticks. $1 Paint from a rummage sale, and the controls covers are leftover gutter cutoffs from the house.
I have about $100 into it. It’s not perfect, but in a dark basement gameroom, it’s pretty convincing. Kids love it!
[quoted image]

Dude!!!
I think it looks great!

I built one too, but I copied the battle Royale cab, I’m impressed with your resourcefulness

#4221 10 months ago

IMG_1262 (resized).jpegIMG_1262 (resized).jpegIMG_1210 (resized).jpegIMG_1210 (resized).jpegIMG_1202 (resized).jpegIMG_1202 (resized).jpegIMG_1264 (resized).jpegIMG_1264 (resized).jpeg

Here a 1 off I did years ago, uses an Nes, and a 20” crt television

All powers on and off with a cabinet switch

#4227 10 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Look into "multi carts" on etsy or everdrives. You can get a Nintendo cartidge with 100 original games on it, shove it in a Super Nintendo, and be playing the games on original hardware. I love the mini classics too. I picked up a 36" CRT television for $30 bucks last month and have had a blast retro gaming. I've thought about shoving one of these into a cabinet but am probably going to stick with the current setup. There are also some pretty cool sets to rig up an Arcade1up amazon.com link »
I decided to live with my cheaper setup with the intent of doing a Pandora's box in my Killer Instinct cab next.

I’ve since upgraded to a playchoice 10 dual monitor, original or simulated hardware only for me if I can help it. I do have a few cabinets with a very fine tuned mame setup. I use the mame setups to play games that have rare expensive boards. I plan on incorporating mister setups soon, they’re getting along in code nice enough to use regularly

#4229 10 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

O man I'd love a play choice 10 dual monitor. I've been super tempted at the few that have popped up local, but I'd have to bring it down a grassy hill and if memory serves me that beast is like 600 pounds. My pool table weighed about that much and its never coming up the hill again.

It’s not 600, it’s probably 375, still heavy though, I hate moving it

I also have a super punch out that sits next to it, carpet sliders are a must

IMG_5071 (resized).jpegIMG_5071 (resized).jpegIMG_5072 (resized).jpegIMG_5072 (resized).jpegIMG_5167 (resized).jpegIMG_5167 (resized).jpeg
#4235 9 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So I finally found one of my grail arcade games and just finished fixing it up. It was a long hunt-taking years to find this rare bird. I was offered several minty sit down versions but I held out trying to find the stand up version. Many of the stand up versions were sought after for Space Harrier conversion projects which made the hunt even more difficult. Finding parts was also difficult and I believe I purchased the last set of NOS upper side art(1986) in existence.
It all started years ago when I was watching a 1980's movie(Can't Buy Me Love) with my wife and saw an arcade scene with Enduro Racer in it. I had instant flashbacks of my childhood growing up riding my BMX bike up to 7-11 to go play it daily. I knew then I wanted it-and the hunt was on. I want machines that are unique and cannot be replicated my MAME and Enduro Racer is one of those machines with unique controls. It pairs really well with it's cousin Paperboy and to have my son relive my childhood is priceless. Super stoked to add it to my lineup.

Great job!! Finding these niche machines is tough, getting the restore done is a great feeling! Great job on that! An LCD screen??? Dude, there’s no replacement for the original monitor, it’s half the game…. Maintenance issues, hard to find…. It’s worth it to get it right.

Sorry, not sorry. I’m that guy.

#4240 9 months ago

KLOV is the correct answer but it sucks in comparison. Pinside is well oiled machine. KLOV feels like a bunch of smaller arcade forums held together with baling wire. You're probably better off asking your questions here.

I really wish there would be an arcade side to pinside

Klov has a wealth of info, and has a great long standing community when they behave, but would definitely benefit from organization. However, many would revolt from having to pay for any sort of service. But still, this type of place is definitely needed

#4244 9 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

I laugh at all this talk about KLOV being toxic or not behaved compared to Pinside. Both sites have their share of trolls just like any forum that exists.

Most definitely!

1 week later
#4262 9 months ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I have a board and it’s not for sale BUT, I think it’s just a modified Pac-man board. Have you considered making one? It’s worth it. It’s an amazing game that I rarely see appreciated!

The glob was a hack of the Pac-Man board right? I seem to remember years ago phetishboy on Klov or someone making a dedicated cab for it first. Exciting times

3 months later
#4361 5 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Eh I wouldn’t care as it’s a the last remaining video game in my house that’s not going anywhere. And I’m all in on Pins now except for this. A guy who fixed one of my games offered to put the 60 in 1 into my cabinet but a lot of those game require a diagonal joystick which it doesn’t have. So I didn’t do it. I’m all for a little “ bastardization” if it doesn’t affect too much.

Here’s some options…

Your cabinet has a jamma connector harness in it that will allow you to put jamma boards in the machine, so you could essentially swap out jamma boards. I would recommend being able to reverse all “bastardization” changes to the machine.

There are some options of pcb jamma boards. Cheapest is the 60/1 $
Phoenix arcade . Com has the arcadeSD board, it has fpga emulation and is a great playing board with maybe 200 games. I have it, it’s a great board with very accurate game play. $$$
If you really want to nerd out and spend more time being involved in the original arcade games list and even more accuracy, the Mister fpga board and the jamma board that you can get is a great option. You’ll need to research and play with the setup to get it all just right. $$$$

Then there are crazy 161/1, or 512/1 or 5000/1 boards, but those will require you to replace the control panel and wire up a lot more stuff. I’d really recommend a bigger cabinet for this. As you’re looking at many 2 player games and needing a horizontal screen.

If you want a pc to connect to the arcade monitor, you’ll want to research how to do that, then spend a week or more of your free evenings getting this to work, it’s dangerous, and could mess up your monitor or video card doing this.

Whatever you do, keep the nice arcade monitor intact, it’s rare and unique, and has enough voltage to kill a man. There are not new ones being made to replace them with.

If you decide to put in an lcd screen, you might as well sell your machine to someone that wants it just the way it is and buy a machine with an lcd screen.

An lcd screen will give a pc a direct connection and you can play Pac-Man ce. (Pac-Man ce will require the screen to be remounted horizontally) Pac-Man ce will not work on the arcade monitor, it’s just not made with the 480 resolution of the arcade monitor in mind, but it should work great with a 720 or 1080 lcd monitor.

If you get the desire to drill or cut holes in the control panel, don’t, just buy another control panel and store the original away. Arcadeshop.com has options of control panels for your cabinet, it’s your best bet. They also have all the controls and graphics for the panel, plus they’re knowledgeable, so you can ask them questions.

Hope this helps

#4367 5 months ago

Spent the summer building my very own cosmotrons, so much fun!!! Such a great game!!! Gameplay is a combination of Lunar lander + Gravitar + Asteroids + 4 player. Arcade machines don’t get more fun than this. I put it on location at Green Acres mini golf, Midland TX

IMG_2390 (resized).jpegIMG_2390 (resized).jpegIMG_4390 (resized).jpegIMG_4390 (resized).jpegIMG_4425 (resized).jpegIMG_4425 (resized).jpegIMG_4544 (resized).jpegIMG_4544 (resized).jpegIMG_4605 (resized).jpegIMG_4605 (resized).jpegIMG_4607 (resized).jpegIMG_4607 (resized).jpeg

#4381 5 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

One day ill have a Robotron, hopefully a cabinet with Total Carnage and Smash TV all in 1.
Jarvis perfected the twin stick shooter with Nex Machina. Game is amazing.

Twin sticks are my favorite
Unfortunately, Robotron is the only one that I actually own anymore.

Here’s a list of my faves though
Geometry wars
Geometry wars 2
Smash tv
Nier automata
Xenocrisis

If I could find analog sticks that could interface with these games perfectly, it would be the greatest for me. Unfortunately, geometry wars 2 it’s only on the Xbox 360 , which means that Japanese analog arcade sticks, must be modified and wired into an Xbox 360 controller. Not a feat easily accomplished.

#4389 5 months ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Jrok on a Defender is awesome especially if you make a custom control panel. I squeezed in the original 2-way into my panel as Defender and Stargate really need that short throw.
I also got creative with my Asteroids Deluxe. Added the Lunar Lander thruster to a custom panel for it and then used a modified Asteroids PCB with the axis flipped for it to work off of the mirror. I have Masteroids board to play with but couldn’t get the analog thruster to work.
It’s fun stuff to mod your vids to play more games as long as the result is accurate enough to the original.

Awesome!

You should really try out cosmotrons, I think you’d love it.

If you cannot find a cabinet to play, it’s coming out on steam soon

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-arcade-games-do-you-own?tu=chosen_s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.