IMG_2065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2066 (resized).jpeg
20240313_195826 (resized).jpg
IMG_0071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0075 (resized).JPG
IMG_0084 (resized).JPG
IMG_0090 (resized).JPG
IMG_0083 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1834 6 years ago

Donkey Kong was my favorite game growing up and I played it a lot. I have played the original at a few locations in the past year and now have a 60 in 1 in my home.

I can’t tell that there is much of a difference. Those saying the game play on the 60 in 1’s is completely different and off are exaggerating. There may be some subtle things here and there but they are hardly noticeable, even to someone like me that loved DK growing up.

#1838 6 years ago

I have 4 arcade games along with my 5 pins. My arcades are:

Punch Out
NBA Jam
Galaga
Arcade Legends 1

The Arcade Legends has over 200 games including all the Williams arcade classics. As some have said already, controls/buttons aren’t perfect for emulation for all games but it is pretty damn close on the Arcade Legends.

If you want some arcade games to compliment a pin collection, I think the Arcade Legends, etc with multiple games are the way to go. Who has room for 10-20 arcade machines?

3A647969-6B4E-4647-A0D0-0F232224CB21 (resized).jpeg3A647969-6B4E-4647-A0D0-0F232224CB21 (resized).jpeg

FE9E8EDE-A210-4069-95CD-170B8C3E613C (resized).jpegFE9E8EDE-A210-4069-95CD-170B8C3E613C (resized).jpeg

#1859 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

That looks like a sweet Punch Out that is my grail cabinet.

Thanks! It was my favorite arcade game (well, after Donkey Kong) growing up. I lucked out and found one in good condition close by.

Punch out was my first arcade game and since then I've acquired 3 more arcades and 5 pins. Pretty much out of space (and money) now .

#1860 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

< these are good ideas.
Guts
Original > pc mame > rpi > xxxxIn1 board
Controls
Original > every thing else
If you play classics that usually require a 4 way use a 4 way, not an 8 way joystick
CRT is king, but sometimes in some cases lcd if you’re on a deserted island like I am, only one of my classic games has one
Cabinet
Original > self researched angles for personal preference > manufactured aftermarket
It’s a terrible thing watching people play Tron with out the original cabinet / controls

I agree. Some games work great in a multigame cabinet format and others don't. One problem with my Arcade Legends is that it has 8 way joysticks. That is great for games that work fine with an 8 way (Robotron, etc) and those where it doesn't make a big difference. Games made for a precise 4 way joystick like Donkey Kong, Ms. Pac-man, etc. don't work that well on a system with an 8 way like Arcade Legends (and probably MAME systems).

Other arcades like Tron, Punchout, Star Wars, NBA Jam, etc. just aren't the same without a dedicated cabinet and controls.

3 years later
#3344 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I would agree arcade sd is a great option. but some people prefer to run on original hardware. Arcade sd is also an expensive option. you could go 60 in 1, or go 412 in 1 vertical too for 1/6 or 1/3 the price. Arcade SD emulation is bettter than the multigame pcbs, But the pacs on the 60 in 1 are pretty accurate.
you could have gone pac to jamma adapter and kept the original harness, but the original harness tends to get toasted and using the pac adapter can add noise.

The one reason I decided to uograde to aecade SD is the high score save features... well, and the two extra Donkey Kong games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-arcade-games-do-you-own?tu=Utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.